VN Ren'Py Mythos: Book One [v5.0.1 Hotfix] [Nine of Swords]

4.80 star(s) 63 Votes

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
Yeah, an 8TB is what I just got, but I'm having a hell of a time getting Windows to recognize it.
Maybe try a less formal location, like a coffee shop. "Windows, I'd like you to meet 8Tera, 8Tera this is Windows. Since we're all going to be working together I thought we'd have an informal meet-up and get to know one another......."

I mean, couldn't hurt - right? :unsure:

UserNed

Mar 18, 2019
I noticed a black cat out side the MC's window while they are recalling the episode in Lisa's apartment. Does anyone have an idea if that is foreshadowing something or is it just perhaps a bit of extra atmosphere from the dev?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Nine of Swords

UserNed

Mar 18, 2019
UserNed

It could be Rains cat that you met when you first visited her at her greenhouse.
Yep, a good possibility. Another thought I had was maybe Tara has another form than a wolf. I posted that question before I got to the scene where the invitation was 'delivered'. So, I think you may be right.

• Thinking Face

Mograx

Oct 16, 2019
So can we conclude Mara is possibly supernatural (at least to some degree) as well?

Found it odd/interesting she was totally resistant to Sylvia's command.

I have a theory I guarantee no one else has considered: Is she a werewolf?

:ROFLMAO:

catnapper

Aug 29, 2021
So can we conclude Mara is possibly supernatural (at least to some degree) as well?

I have a theory I guarantee no one else has considered: Is she a werewolf?

:ROFLMAO:
Nah... impossible she exists and werewolfs do not exist (we have the dev's "word" on this) therefore she cannot be a werewolf. Q.E.D.

• Thinking Face

ClockworkGnome

Sep 18, 2021

I've been assuming she's some kind of "neutral" - ie, she's resistant to powers but not necessarily a supernatural herself.

It's probably why she was suspended - someone or something is mind-controlling the police department, and she resisted enough to a) stop her partner from arresting the MC, and b) notice that something was wrong, so they got rid of her until the crisis was dealt with.

Of course, I could be wrong and she's blatantly something supernatural. But we'll see.

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
According to Tara and Nine of Swords

Werewolf.png

but this SAME GIRL can turn into

WW2.png

Friends, I think we are being LIED to, DECEIVED, DUPED!! I think this is going to become a HUGE werewolf conspiracy tail......tale (sorry) and we are being turned away from evidence of future conflict with red herrings such as this! It could be that Nine of Swords is actually a werewolf. It's possible that the final update will hypnotize us into wandering into a nest of werewolves to be devoured.

I've figured you out Nine of Swords......

Im-watching-you-meme-278x300.gif

:cool: ;) :ROFLMAO:

Mograx

Oct 16, 2019
According to Tara and Nine of Swords

View attachment 1469833

but this SAME GIRL can turn into

View attachment 1469836

Friends, I think we are being LIED to, DECEIVED, DUPED!! I think this is going to become a HUGE werewolf conspiracy tail......tale (sorry) and we are being turned away from evidence of future conflict with red herrings such as this! It could be that Nine of Swords is actually a werewolf. It's possible that the final update will hypnotize us into wandering into a nest of werewolves to be devoured.

I've figured you out Nine of Swords......

View attachment 1469862

:cool: ;) :ROFLMAO:
You've convinced me. I'm not sure how deep the rabbit hole goes just yet, but Nine of Swords and werewolves are at the bottom of it somehow

jones.gif

LorgarAurelian

Dec 31, 2020

So it's Liv that has startled the waitress in the header?:unsure:
Don't sacrifice your health for the game, I atleast would rather the update be delayed than you getting ill.
On the FFXIV thing, I totally understand the urge to play the expansion at once, especially in a game as
story driven as FFXIV is. Have not played it myself, but I imagine it gives you some of the same feeling as I
get while playing Star Wars: The Old Republic(also a story driven MMO).

Nine of Swords

Keeping the Legends Alive
Game Developer
Dec 17, 2017
So it's Liv that has startled the waitress in the header?:unsure:
That is meant to be Liv, yes! I got a little too artsy with it, so it's not super clear. :x

Don't sacrifice your health for the game, I atleast would rather the update be delayed than you getting ill.
I love making Mythos for people, and watching everyone make theories on my characters and stories... but I can't do that if I'm dead. :) At worst, I'll just be putting out stuff slower -- which makes me feel bad, because I already feel pretty slow.

On the FFXIV thing, I totally understand the urge to play the expansion at once, especially in a game as
story driven as FFXIV is. Have not played it myself, but I imagine it gives you some of the same feeling as I
get while playing Star Wars: The Old Republic(also a story driven MMO).
I was huge into SWTOR back in the day -- technically, it's the reason Morgi and I got married (but that's a long story). I haven't played since... the first part of the Knights of the Fallen Empire, I think?

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
I love making Mythos for people, and watching everyone make theories on my characters and stories... but I can't do that if I'm dead. :) At worst, I'll just be putting out stuff slower -- which makes me feel bad, because I already feel pretty slow.
You don't owe anyone any particular release schedule! Do the game in the tempo that fits your personal life and health best. Anyone with at least 3 working braincells will wait until you release a new update without complaining.

LorgarAurelian

Dec 31, 2020
That is meant to be Liv, yes! I got a little too artsy with it, so it's not super clear. :x
I knew I had seen that purple mop of hair before:LOL:

I was huge into SWTOR back in the day -- technically, it's the reason Morgi and I got married (but that's a long story). I haven't played since... the first part of the Knights of the Fallen Empire, I think?
I had not played for about 5 years(had issues with Origin) until I randomly found out it was on steam the other week and have been playing almost non-stop since.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

• Red Heart

Nine of Swords

Keeping the Legends Alive
Game Developer
Dec 17, 2017
You don't owe anyone any particular release schedule! Do the game in the tempo that fits your personal life and health best. Anyone with at least 3 working braincells will wait until you release a new update without complaining.
Oh, I don't do actual release schedules, even when I'm in good health, because I know that's just asking for trouble! LOL I don't give a release date until the build is done!

I had not played for about 5 years(had issues with Origin) until I randomly found out it was on steam the other week and have been playing almost non-stop since.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
:D I have that, too! Though sadly the restoration crew broke his lightsaber when they were taking the stuff out of my condo after a fire. :(

Reactions: LemongrassWitch

ClockworkGnome

Sep 18, 2021
I love making Mythos for people, and watching everyone make theories on my characters and stories... but I can't do that if I'm dead.
Well you could... we'd just have to find a necromancer, and then chain your zombie to the keyboard.

But yeah, take care of yourself. Even from a productivity standpoint, ignoring health issues or trying to "work through" them can make them worse, meaning your productivity will just suffer even more/for longer down the road. And you risk increasing the odds of burn-out if work starts feeling like a miserable slog that you have to force yourself to do because you don't feel good.

But beyond that, you're a person before you're a dev. So physical and mental health comes before getting an update out on time. Most people will understand the delay and be cool with it.

4.80 star(s) 63 Votes