VN Ren'Py Mythos: Book One [v5.0.1 Hotfix] [Nine of Swords]

4.80 star(s) 63 Votes

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
Hey, trust me, it can't be that hard -- after all, I do it and I was born stupid!

I wouldn't say I hate it. I just don't think I write male characters very well, and I have even less faith in visually designing them! :ROFLMAO: If I could have managed to create a world entirely populated by females, I probably would have... but I want to keep it somewhat grounded in reality. Other than the vampires and wizards and faeries and such.

On the topic of Werewolves!

Yes, there's a good bit of joking with the whole "werewolves don't exist!" shenanigans. However, I do have a kind of personal underlying thing on why werewolves are made into a sort of in-game meme (people on my have heard me talk about this at length). I'll address this in depth in this week's Friday Update, but for now suffice it to say that I've had some very bad experiences with werewolf-lovers that have soured me on the whole idea of them.

Not saying that I haven't met any nice werewolf fans, but it's kind of like how if someone you really hate is really into something, you start to kinda hate that thing by association.

But more explanation of that will be on Friday, when I can actually gather my thoughts to better articulate it.

Yeah, the only thing worse than the Lycan crowd is the Vampire crowd for obsessive behavior. I was never into werewolves..... until Tara :love::ROFLMAO::love::ROFLMAO::love::ROFLMAO::love::ROFLMAO:

(sorry, I just couldn't help it. I tried, but I just couldn't let it go.......I'm bad:oops::eek::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:)

Nine of Swords

Keeping the Legends Alive
Game Developer
Dec 17, 2017
Yeah, the only thing worse than the Lycan crowd is the Vampire crowd for obsessive behavior. I was never into werewolves..... until Tara :love::ROFLMAO::love::ROFLMAO::love::ROFLMAO::love::ROFLMAO:
Oh my god! Staaaaaaaahp! :ROFLMAO:

But it's not that the players were obsessed with werewolves that was the issue... it's that werewolf players tended to attract a certain personality type. Their werewolf love wasn't the issue, there's just a lot of asshats that like werewolves. Correlation, causation, blah blah -- basically I've dealt with so many assholes that have played werewolves that the association has stuck in my mind. :(

Sep 3, 2020

(sorry, I just couldn't help it. I tried, but I just couldn't let it go.......I'm bad:oops::eek::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:)
you know Tara is my only girl in the game

you know I just had an idea crazy Theory what if the MC becomes a

werewolf in the game that would make him and Tara the perfect couple

ClockworkGnome

Sep 18, 2021
But it's not that the players were obsessed with werewolves that was the issue... it's that werewolf players tended to attract a certain personality type. Their werewolf love wasn't the issue, there's just a lot of asshats that like werewolves.
Would you be talking about the kind of players who used the rules for Kinfolk/Garou relationships to basically RP out brutal abusive relationships (and essentially bully/sexually harass any player who wanted to play Kin)? Or the ones who used the whole pack hierarchy/Alpha-Omega dynamic to be utter shits to other players? Because I've seen both of those types, and they were a large part of why I avoided Werewolf: The Apocalypse games back in the day.

( Oh! And then there's the players who picked Get of Fenris and basically played them like Nazis. Always fun! </sarcasm> )

Though to be fair, I disliked a lot of stuff from Werewolf: The Apocalypse right out of the 1e rulebook, so I was never overly inclined to join Werewolf games in the first place. And less inclined to blame terrible players for their issues as much as I just saw it reflecting on the system itself.

I knew plenty of good people who liked playing Werewolf, and they'd occasionally try to talk me into playing (and I'd usually turn them down), but the asshats were definitely always there.

That being said, I don't think most of the people bringing up werewolves in this topic are actually that obsessed with werewolves, wishing you'd include them, or otherwise having a negative opinion of the game/you for not having them. It's mostly just a fun joke/meme. Fans of things will always run jokes into the ground, especially on the Internet. :D

Nine of Swords

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2017
Would you be talking about the kind of players who used the rules for Kinfolk/Garou relationships to basically RP out brutal abusive relationships (and essentially bully/sexually harass any player who wanted to play Kin)? Or the ones who used the whole pack hierarchy/Alpha-Omega dynamic to be utter shits to other players? Because I've seen both of those types, and they were a large part of why I avoided Werewolf: The Apocalypse games back in the day.

( Oh! And then there's the players who picked Get of Fenris and basically played them like Nazis. Always fun! </sarcasm> )

Though to be fair, I disliked a lot of stuff from Werewolf: The Apocalypse right out of the 1e rulebook, so I was never overly inclined to join Werewolf games in the first place. And less inclined to blame terrible players for their issues as much as I just saw it reflecting on the system itself.

I knew plenty of good people who liked playing Werewolf, and they'd occasionally try to talk me into playing (and I'd usually turn them down), but the asshats were definitely always there.

That being said, I don't think most of the people bringing up werewolves in this topic are actually that obsessed with werewolves, wishing you'd include them, or otherwise having a negative opinion of the game/you for not having them. It's mostly just a fun joke/meme. Fans of things will always run jokes into the ground, especially on the Internet. :D
Ah, so you do understand part of it -- the World of Darkness Werewolf folks were the start of it. Though I the only Nazi Werewolf I ever personally encountered was a Silver Fang. Lucky for me, I guess?

But yes, the system for Werewolf: the Apocalypse seemed to attract the wrong sorts of players, I guess, because those sorts of personality traits were kind of baked into the system. Plus it's by far the most combat-based of all the games (except for maybe Hunter?), so that's also the system all the min-maxer combat monkeys flocked to. Hard to play a social or mental character when some Ahroun shifts to Crinos at the slightest hint of conflict. Since I did a good bit of RP on World of Darkness chats, I couldn't really segregate myself away from the Garou (and even if I could, I don't think there'd ever be enough Mage players for me to play my Etherite in a Mage-only game).

But my problems were compounded when I got into Second Life RP. Without the Werewolf: the Apocalypse system, the obnoxious folks still gravitated toward playing Werewolves! And for some reason, they always played Scottish Bikers. I really have no idea why Second Life people associate lycanthropy with being Scottish or being a biker. It was a really weird stereotype that wasn't problematic, I just didn't understand it. So many leather-clad shifters with names like "Duncan MacStabsy". It was nuts.

And I don't really, truly believe anybody is pressuring me to make Mythos into a werewolf-centric game. :) But I feel like it may be worth mentioning my issues so that my treatment of werewolves at least makes some sense in a meta-context. I know it's my own world and all that, but I like storytelling with an exchange of thoughts with my audience, rather than me just saying "no, this is my story, shut up!"

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018

But it's not that the players were obsessed with werewolves that was the issue... it's that werewolf players tended to attract a certain personality type. Their werewolf love wasn't the issue, there's just a lot of asshats that like werewolves. Correlation, causation, blah blah -- basically I've dealt with so many assholes that have played werewolves that the association has stuck in my mind. :(
I remember reading a neckbeard story once about a guy nicknamed Wolfbeard that pretended he was a werewolf and nearly broke some friends apart.

The only things I like werewolves in are American Werewolf in London (awesome movie) and the Underworld series. I didn't mind the Teen Wolf movies or series either but not something i'd get hyped over.

If the jokes are getting too much just tell us to stop we're not doing it to annoy you, much.

Sep 3, 2020
Oh, don't misunderstand! I think the jokes are great, and they don't annoy me at all!

My worry is that my personal dislike of werewolves is actually upsetting people, and I don't want that!
well me personally I can't read reading disability so all my knowledge of werewolves comes from movies

I always hated the way werewolves are portrayed in movies they're always weaker then vampires

which makes no sense because they look more muscular and strong

and they're always portrayed as mindless beasts

which is a shame because I always thought they were cool
main-qimg-f9e48e8258bc042e9ceea6c5ffaf397d-pjlq.jpg

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
you know Tara is my only girl in the game

you know I just had an idea crazy Theory what if the MC becomes a

werewolf in the game that would make him and Tara the perfect couple
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

And for some reason, they always played Scottish Bikers. I really have no idea why Second Life people associate lycanthropy with being Scottish or being a biker. It was a really weird stereotype that wasn't problematic, I just didn't understand it. So many leather-clad shifters with names like "Duncan MacStabsy". It was nuts.
It was just jealousy. The Scots being the pinnacle to which all others aspire made these people fantasize about being Scottish. :cool:

I have been having a ridiculous amount of fun with the werewolf/anti-werewolf shenanigan's on here but don't mean to cause you flash-back related PTSD. :cry:

:LOL:

I was feeling that the joke had just about run it's course. Don't change anything going forward regarding Tara and her Were.....um....."other" form just because of us (me). I was probably due to limit my werewolf behavior going forward because I've now found out that;

B is actually a Fairy!

BFairy.png

laugh-emoji.gif

(I am SOOoooo gonna get banned at some point :oops:)

Nine of Swords

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2017

It was just jealousy. The Scots being the pinnacle to which all others aspire made these people fantasize about being Scottish. :cool:

I have been having a ridiculous amount of fun with the werewolf/anti-werewolf shenanigan's on here but don't mean to cause you flash-back related PTSD. :cry:

:LOL:

I was feeling that the joke had just about run it's course. Don't change anything going forward regarding Tara and her Were.....um....."other" form just because of us (me). I was probably due to limit my werewolf behavior going forward because I've now found out that;

B is actually a Fairy!

View attachment 1718593

View attachment 1718601

(I am SOOoooo gonna get banned at some point :oops:)
I'm dead. You've killed me. Chapter Three will never come, for I am deceased. :ROFLMAO:

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
I'm dead. You've killed me. Chapter Three will never come, for I am deceased. :ROFLMAO:
DAMNIT! I F'ed up BAD this time! I killed a developer, and one of the good ones at that! Shitshitshitshitshit! Everybody on F95zone is gonna be out to get me because there won't be an update for "Mythos". Shitshitshitshit......... (crashing noises while looking for a place to hide.....)

Sep 3, 2020
1741374_Happy_Couple.png

growl so you want to know how I met my wife

it's a typical story

I come from a very traditional family

so when it came time to ask her to be my girlfriend I did it the old-fashioned way

I walked up to her smile and started to hump her back

she was very touched

then the day came when I had to propose and I proposed the same way my old Pappy did

I walked up to her in front of our family and friends

got down on one knee and peed on her it was very romantic growl growl

then she asked me if I was sure and I said I didn't want to pee on anybody but her for the rest of my life

and then she said yes by biting my ear

LorgarAurelian

Dec 31, 2020
Handholding :eek::LOL:

This is golden:LOL:
I still am of the conviction that B secretly is a tech-priest, but she could of course have made the wings herself or
she's a fairy tech-priest, doing the Omnissiahs work and looking cute doing it:LOL:.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Nine of Swords

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
View attachment 1718685

growl so you want to know how I met my wife

it's a typical story

I come from a very traditional family

so when it came time to ask her to be my girlfriend I did it the old-fashioned way

I walked up to her smile and started to hump her back

she was very touched

then the day came when I had to propose and I proposed the same way my old Pappy did

I walked up to her in front of our family and friends

got down on one knee and peed on her it was very romantic growl growl

then she asked me if I was sure and I said I didn't want to pee on anybody but her for the rest of my life

and then she said yes by biting my ear
Part of the reason that this thread and the Summer's Gone thread are the best, most fun, places to hang out is that Vidal hangs out there :love: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I still am of the conviction that B secretly is a tech-priest, but she could of course have made the wings herself or
she's a fairy tech-priest, doing the Omnissiahs work and looking cute doing it:LOL:.
I think you're probably closer than I am. The wings were just a perfect match for that pose and her hair color :LOL::LOL:

4.80 star(s) 63 Votes