VN Ren'Py Mythos: Book One [v5.0.1 Hotfix] [Nine of Swords]

4.80 star(s) 63 Votes

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
My worry is that my personal dislike of werewolves is actually upsetting people, and I don't want that!
Oh, not at all.

It doesn't need werewolves it just got to be a running joke now. I don't think adding them would improve it in any way so no point putting something you don't like in just for a relatively small impact.

LorgarAurelian

Dec 31, 2020
It occurred to me that I never actually jumped on the werewolf meme bandwagon, and I just had... I just had an idea that... I felt like I had to do it.

May the gods have mercy on my soul.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Don't worry I'll talk to the Chaos gods and make sure that nothing to bad happens to your soul:LOL:.

On a sidenote Tara looks really good with the new hair:love:.

Nine of Swords

Keeping the Legends Alive
Game Developer
Dec 17, 2017
Don't worry I'll talk to the Chaos gods and make sure that nothing to bad happens to your soul:LOL:.

On a sidenote Tara looks really good with the new hair:love:.
I played Chaos in 40k way, way, way long ago... late 90s-ish? Maybe that will help them show mercy!

And yeah, the more I do renders with Tara's new style, the more I love it!

Reactions: LorgarAurelian

LorgarAurelian

Dec 31, 2020
I played Chaos in 40k way, way, way long ago... late 90s-ish? Maybe that will help them show mercy!

And yeah, the more I do renders with Tara's new style, the more I love it!
The 90's was not that long a go, I remember most of the decade, was 10 in '99(damn did I just super date myself:LOL:).
Sadly never got into playing 40k, lack of money(and my still non existing painting skills:LOL:) when I was younger and no friends that was into it, still love the universe and have read a ton of the books.
I think they would show some mercy on a former player, perhaps they'll just turn you into a daemon instead of torture:unsure:.

faradhii

Sep 8, 2019
Hmm, so In MC's bedroom when B is sitting at his computer, she's playing Intertwined, the main screen is showing Become a Rockstar, the Heavy Five poster is obvious, the poster on the left... is that Desert Stalker?

Nine of Swords

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2017
Hmm, so In MC's bedroom when B is sitting at his computer, she's playing Intertwined, the main screen is showing Become a Rockstar, the Heavy Five poster is obvious, the poster on the left... is that Desert Stalker?
The main screen is actually showing Sylphine; I haven't played Become a Rockstar (yet?). The poster on the left is... actually just a Daz asset that I didn't bother modifying. I figured it was never in the shots enough to justify making yet another poster for Ky's wall.

faradhii

Sep 8, 2019
Cool! There is a LOT of similarities to the main screen asset (I've played Sylphine, hope Glace updates it eventually!) and, yeah, looking right up at it (I have bad eyes) I can see it. The render does look a lot like the lead guitarist from Become a Rockstar (worth playing) Also, loving the game so far, I'd had it on my "to play" list for a while! It also makes sense with Sylphine, Rain reminds me of...... can't remember the green haired girl's name in Sylphine, haven't played it in a long time.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Nine of Swords

Rinbael

Sep 7, 2018
It occurred to me that I never actually jumped on the werewolf meme bandwagon, and I just had... I just had an idea that... I felt like I had to do it.

I like how one of them has glasses like in the original image. Just what I would expect from a professional you did your research and have great attention to detail :KEK:.

Nine of Swords

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2017
Cool! There is a LOT of similarities to the main screen asset (I've played Sylphine, hope Glace updates it eventually!) and, yeah, looking right up at it (I have bad eyes) I can see it. The render does look a lot like the lead guitarist from Become a Rockstar (worth playing) Also, loving the game so far, I'd had it on my "to play" list for a while! It also makes sense with Sylphine, Rain reminds me of...... can't remember the green haired girl's name in Sylphine, haven't played it in a long time.
Gracie, yes! They do have that similarity in the hair and the greenness, but (unless it changes in the new version, spoilers for both Sylphine and Mythos) Gracie's magic deals with plants, while Rain actually has no plant-based magic at all. I actually wanted people to assume Rain was some kind of druid or nature spirit, but she's just a manipulator that likes plants. :ROFLMAO:

ClockworkGnome

Sep 18, 2021
and even if I could, I don't think there'd ever be enough Mage players for me to play my Etherite in a Mage-only game
Hah. Speaking as a perennial Hermetic who played a Thig in a forum that was like 90% Vampire players, I know the feels.

Though some of the most fun I ever had was as a Hollow One whose entire purpose was basically to just hang around and make sarcastic comments about all the other supernaturals, the stupid things they did, and some of the more ridiculous cliches and tropes that online RPers would engage in.

Well, either that, or the Malk who had multiple personality disorder, with every personality thinking it was from a different clan, which I basically used to viciously parody all the other clans and the ways people online tended to play them.

I'm starting to realize I was a bit of a snark. :p

I really have no idea why Second Life people associate lycanthropy with being Scottish or being a biker.
Maybe it's the same weird brain parasite that's convinced everyone that all D&D/Tolkien-style dwarves are universally Scottish.

then she asked me if I was sure and I said I didn't want to pee on anybody but her for the rest of my life

and then she said yes by biting my ear
...and that's how I became the Alpha of a town called Bel-Air.

ClockworkGnome

Sep 18, 2021
"The only acceptable kind of warewolf XD"
The moment I read this, the first thing that popped into my head was "Wait, maybe B is a warez wolf?"

And then I felt ashamed of myself.

It took me a second to realize what you were going for there.

And then I remembered the meme.

And then I was very, very disappointed in you.

For shame!

I haven't played Become a Rockstar (yet?).
It's actually pretty good. I'm hesitant to recommend it because if you decide to go play it that's time you're not spending shackled to your computer slaving away at creating content for us ( ;) ), but I'd probably rank it as one of the better games on the site. It kind of falls somewhere in the middle of the "lots of plot" <-> "nothing but sex" spectrum of VN-style game, but it's got and interesting story and the nuts-and-bolts of the romance mechanics are kind of interesting.

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: I knew we'd "were" down your defenses eventually!!!!

Sep 3, 2020
I actually already bought it, since I knew I could use the hairs on someone else if they didn't work out on Tara... I think I'm digging it.

View attachment 1716203
don't get me wrong it's very nice but am i the only one that loves her hair just the way it is suits her

her hair is wild and Untamed just like she is

seeing her with her hair all neat and tidy

what's next is she going to act all polite and stop cursing then she wouldn't be my girl

• Haha
Reactions: HogRocket

Nine of Swords

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2017
don't get me wrong it's very nice but am i the only one that loves her hair just the way it is suits her

her hair is wild and Untamed just like she is

seeing her with her hair all neat and tidy

what's next is she going to act all polite and stop cursing then she wouldn't be my girl
It's still relatively wild and loose, for a braid. It keeps her "country girl" look, at least. I couldn't find a good-quality hair like her initial hair that has that same style, while also have good shaping options to prevent it from clipping whenever she gets near... well, anything. :ROFLMAO: And the original hair will still make appearances, when appropriate (and not super close to the camera)!

Having hair like that can be a huge annoyance when you're doing many things, plus it the weather is getting warmer during the time Mythos takes place.

Sep 3, 2020
It's still relatively wild and loose, for a braid. It keeps her "country girl" look, at least. I couldn't find a good-quality hair like her initial hair that has that same style, while also have good shaping options to prevent it from clipping whenever she gets near... well, anything. :ROFLMAO: And the original hair will still make appearances, when appropriate (and not super close to the camera)!

Having hair like that can be a huge annoyance when you're doing many things, plus it the weather is getting warmer during the time Mythos takes place.
I understand my brother I was just wondering just because I love monogamy doesn't mean I want a boring girlfriend that always uses please and thank you

she is my Wild Thing that makes my heart sing

I like that she drink bear and swears like a sailor

what can I say I love girls that can kick my ass

girls like that tend to be loyal and faithful

and don't cheat on you

Reactions: HogRocket

faradhii

Sep 8, 2019
I understand my brother I was just wondering just because I love monogamy doesn't mean I want a boring girlfriend that always uses please and thank you

and don't cheat on you

Nine of Swords

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2017

and don't cheat on you
Tara will definitely remain the "wild thing", worry not! I mean... she's a Wild Talent. She literally can't be anything but wild! :D

She's also probably the best pick for the monogamy path, in my opinion.

Also, maybe "brother" isn't the best way to refer to me! :ROFLMAO: I'm not a "ball-bearer", as I like to say.

Sep 3, 2020
Tara will definitely remain the "wild thing", worry not! I mean... she's a Wild Talent. She literally can't be anything but wild! :D

She's also probably the best pick for the monogamy path, in my opinion.

Also, maybe "brother" isn't the best way to refer to me! :ROFLMAO: I'm not a "ball-bearer", as I like to say.
no problem sis

I personally believe that all perverts

are brothers and sisters

and I just wanted to thank you my sister

for giving me a girlfriend right away and not making me wait until the end of the game to be in a monogamy relationship with her

and I can't read so forgive any typos

• Red Heart
Reactions: Nine of Swords
4.80 star(s) 63 Votes