VN Ren'Py Mythos: Book One [v5.0.1 Hotfix] [Nine of Swords]

4.80 star(s) 63 Votes

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
Tara will definitely remain the "wild thing", worry not! I mean... she's a Wild Talent. She literally can't be anything but wild! :D

She's also probably the best pick for the monogamy path, in my opinion.

Also, maybe "brother" isn't the best way to refer to me! :ROFLMAO: I'm not a "ball-bearer", as I like to say.
I guess he hasn't been reading the Friday Updates and seen the pictures of you. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019
Ok I didn't interact too much since I didn't have the opportunity to play the game since now, and what can I say if not...
Thank you so much! Great game with lots of humor, beautiful characters and a very well planned and complex lore. my best compliments Nine of Swords!
Can't really wait to see how the story will go, loved the cliffhanger at the end, very well played.
Tara is simply adorable, loved her with both the hairstyles tbh. :giggle:

Sep 3, 2020
I should "facepalm" that, but I usually reserve that for idiots, not just friends who walk into telephone poles while on their phone.
View attachment 1720277

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
now now brother to be fair I can't read so why would I need to look at an update when I could just listen to it using text-to-speech software

besides I wasn't planning to play this update yet I was planning to save up my updates

but every time sis released an update I couldn't resist she made it sound so good

and it was

Nine of Swords

Keeping the Legends Alive
Game Developer
Dec 17, 2017
If anything, it seems to me like someone who's wild would constantly change their hairstyle over time, not just have one and stick with it for years. So trying on different looks kind of fits the character anyway, imo.
Now that you mention it... currently, Tara has the most hairstyles of the main cast!

Tara - 4 Styles (Wild Hair Down, Hair up in bun, Fancy Gala hair, braided pony)
Rain - 3 Styles (Half-and-half braids, half-and-half Gala, full green 90's seen in her story "Rain's Promise")
Mara - 2 Styles (Hair up, hair down at the Gala)
Sophia - 2 Styles (Both down, but a newer asset starting in Chapter Three)
B - 2 Styles (If you pay attention...)

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
I decided to go back and play from the beginning again because I'm bored with what's out there at the moment and do that with games.

I saw foreshadowing that I never noticed before, or rather some things that were meaningless to me at the time and I didn't catch when they showed back up like...

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

It's kind of fun playing now saying "Hey! isn't that [insert detail here]? Why didn't I notice that before?" (maybe because I wouldn't meet them for a couple of updates originally ;)) or "wait, I've got to back up a screen. Didn't I see [insert detail here]"

Plus it reminded me just how great all the girls are. My obsession with Tara had blinded me to just how much great the rest are. Especially B.....and Mara.....and Rain....and Sofia.....and the waitress.....and....

Nine of Swords

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2017
I decided to go back and play from the beginning again because I'm bored with what's out there at the moment and do that with games.

I saw foreshadowing that I never noticed before, or rather some things that were meaningless to me at the time and I didn't catch when they showed back up like...

It's kind of fun playing now saying "Hey! isn't that [insert detail here]? Why didn't I notice that before?" (maybe because I wouldn't meet them for a couple of updates originally ;)) or "wait, I've got to back up a screen. Didn't I see [insert detail here]"

Plus it reminded me just how great all the girls are. My obsession with Tara had blinded me to just how much great the rest are. Especially B.....and Mara.....and Rain....and Sofia.....and the waitress.....and....
Well, damn... however, now... I really wanna know what bits of foreshadowing you picked up! I love when people discover all the little hints and such I throw in, using the pop-culture references as distractions.

Though sometimes the pop-culture references are the foreshadowing...

Reactions: HogRocket

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
Well, damn... however, now... I really wanna know what bits of foreshadowing you picked up! I love when people discover all the little hints and such I throw in, using the pop-culture references as distractions.

Though sometimes the pop-culture references are the foreshadowing...
I'm not that far back in yet but I did notice

Now that I know there's a bunch more, I'm going to have to scan every scene.
magnifying-glass-detective.png

• Red Heart
Reactions: Nine of Swords

LorgarAurelian

Dec 31, 2020

Had exactley the same reaction, when I relayed the game when chapter 2 came out.

Reactions: HogRocket

LorgarAurelian

Dec 31, 2020
Friday Update - March 25th, 2022

View attachment 1722066
Not gonna lie, most of the RPG stuff sounded completley foreign to me, but insufferable asshats I know a thing or two about
we have plenty of them in 40k too and I meet a few a day while working.
So you're saying there is a chance that they exist:LOL:.
Tara look fabulous in the header:love:.

PS: could there be a chance to get a version without the text, she belongs on a wall.

Nine of Swords

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2017
Not gonna lie, most of the RPG stuff sounded completley foreign to me, but insufferable asshats I know a thing or two about
we have plenty of them in 40k too and I meet a few a day while working.
So you're saying there is a chance that they exist:LOL:.
Tara look fabulous in the header:love:.

PS: could there be a chance to get a version without the text, she belongs on a wall.
I had a feeling you'd ask, and I was prepared!

update20220325day.png

Nine of Swords

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2017
You know me so well:D(theres going to be pictures when I get her up with the others).
Also going to state a potentially controversial oppionon: Tara looks better with the new hair.
That's not really that controversial -- I think most of the people who've expressed an opinion like the new style better. If a better version of her old hair comes along, I'll certainly use it, though!

LorgarAurelian

Dec 31, 2020
That's not really that controversial -- I think most of the people who've expressed an opinion like the new style better. If a better version of her old hair comes along, I'll certainly use it, though!
While it's true that most of us regulars like the new hair better, I'm sure there will be some bitching about it
from some of the playerbase when we get chapter 3.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Nine of Swords
4.80 star(s) 63 Votes