VN Ren'Py Mythos: Book One [v5.0.1 Hotfix] [Nine of Swords]

4.80 star(s) 63 Votes

Nine of Swords

Keeping the Legends Alive
Game Developer
Dec 17, 2017
I must say, I also like her hairstyle when we meet her in her house. The bun with an hair strand on each side.
You've not seen the last of that one!

The only thing that make me a bit doubtful about braid for Tara, is that it must take some time to make it. Will Tara waste time each morning to make a braid ? I see her most like the kind of girl who gets up, jumps out of her bed, goes to the bathroom for basic needs, sees herself in the mirror, thinks maybe she would like to have a braid, then says to herself "Fuck it! No time for this! I have other more important shit to do!" :)
Funny thing about this... there's actually going to be a story reason for the change! It's not something I planned on, but something is happening in Chapter Three that gives me the perfect opportunity to make this happen!

It's also not quite as time consuming to do a messy braid as you may think. :)

Now, about the topic of the hour... THE WEREWOLVES! :)
For me, it's just a running gag.
I have no bad experiences with werewolf players, so I'm not against werewolves in the game. But I'm not an unconditional of them either. So, I don't mind if there is not a single one in Mythos.
To be honest, I think I would be a bit disappointing if there are werewolves in Mythos, because the running gag will be over :)
Also, I like the idea that someone could turn into a giant wolf, but this has nothing to do with lycantropy.
So no werewolves... and we keep running the running gag. Deal ?
:ROFLMAO:
Who said there aren't any werewolves in Mythos?

Oh, did I say that? Hmm... :unsure:

LorgarAurelian

Dec 31, 2020
IT'S A BRAND NEW DAY AND THE SUN IS HIGH!!!

Morgi has taken over for this Friday Update (Gods help us all...):

View attachment 1734494
That was quite the read, I feel that the Rebecca Black qoute at the start really set the tone for the rest:LOL:
But my main takeaway is that Vader killed Khan:eek::LOL: and that Morgana need to write the updates more often.

• Wow
Reactions: Nine of Swords

Crimsonfiend76

Herald - Super Naked Ginger Cuddle Time
Donor
Sep 8, 2020
Just started playing and loved the premise and interesting characters so far. I did have a question, what if any effect do the stats have on the game? I'm using the WT mod and I see bonuses to Spirit, Cunning, Direct, etc., will that lead to a different play through depending on our choices?

Nine of Swords

Keeping the Legends Alive
Game Developer
Dec 17, 2017
Just started playing and loved the premise and interesting characters so far. I did have a question, what if any effect do the stats have on the game? I'm using the WT mod and I see bonuses to Spirit, Cunning, Direct, etc., will that lead to a different play through depending on our choices?
Stats were a behind-the-scenes thing I was playing with when I first started making the game, but they proved too cumbersome in the long run -- being a first-time dev, I just put them in because all the other games were doing it. I did a full write-up here (though it mostly talks about the "love points", it refers to the stats as well):

Long story short: Since it's a murder mystery, having numerical values attached to things didn't make any sense when you're looking for clues and evaluating evidence. There's a few minor things that behave differently with these stats in Chapters One and Two (Bravery and Cunning do things), but from Chapter Three onward they're not going to be referenced or used again.

Last edited:

hellograndma

Dec 21, 2020
Hey guys, is it normal that I can't select the MALE right at the start? for some reason, it is always selecting the female.. Am I doing something wrong?

4.80 star(s) 63 Votes