VN Ren'Py Mythos: Book One [v5.0.1 Hotfix] [Nine of Swords]

4.80 star(s) 63 Votes

Nine of Swords

Keeping the Legends Alive
Game Developer
Dec 17, 2017
That was the first song to make me cry, I mean ugly cry but not for the right reasons...

Weird I know, i'll explain.

I was 14, I was dating a goth girl. She'd convinced me to dress more like her so i'd "fit in" with her friends who were all "waaah, the world is bad and humanity sucks" types and I was all "YAY, life is awesome and I love everyone" like a mini ginger hippy.

So, we play dress up, she alters a few other things about my looks including my hair and then Evenescence comes on and I look in the mirror.

I'm wearing all black with black makeup but the worst part, the absolute tipping point, i'd let her dye my hair. My ginge was now jet black and I fucking hated it. I've always loved my hair and I just looked at my reflection and broke. She'd turned me into my exact opposite and I bawled like a bitch.

We broke up.

I won't blame goths or those with alternate lifestyles at all, i've dated others since and none tried to change me it was just her.

So My Immortal made me ugly cry because an ex had turned me from me Pippy Longstocking to Wednedsay Addams.
Well, damn... I'm so sorry to hear that! I have a thing for both goths and gingers, so I wouldn't want to exchange one for the other!

No worries about crying, though, for LorgarAurelian guessed correctly - it's a reference to the legendarily awful Harry Potter fanfic.

Rinbael

Sep 7, 2018
Well, damn... I'm so sorry to hear that! I have a thing for both goths and gingers, so I wouldn't want to exchange one for the other!
You know Nine as a fellow goth connoisseur I'm kind of disappointed there isn't a goth Romance option in this game yet. B is kind of one but she doesn't hate the world enough or have severe enough daddy issues for her to count for me. Any chance there is a possible goth romance option to come in this game just curious.

Also if anyone wants to see just how terrible the Harry Potter fanfic Nine is referencing actually is this youtube video by the internet historian does a good job of explaining it if anyone wants to get the joke:

• Red Heart
Reactions: Nine of Swords

Nine of Swords

Keeping the Legends Alive
Game Developer
Dec 17, 2017
You know Nine as a fellow goth connoisseur I'm kind of disappointed there isn't a goth Romance option in this game yet. B is kind of one but she doesn't hate the world enough or have severe enough daddy issues for her to count for me. Any chance there is a possible goth romance option to come in this game just curious.

Also if anyone wants to see just how terrible the Harry Potter fanfic Nine is referencing actually is this youtube video by the internet historian does a good job of explaining it if anyone wants to get the joke:
There is 100000% going to be a goth romance option in a future game, already planned and set. She was supposed to be in Book One, but I thought it was already too crowded -- Aiden Drest was going to be gender-flipped from his novel version into a female, but with the number of love interests already in the game I decided to leave him as he is.

Rinbael

Sep 7, 2018
There is 100000% going to be a goth romance option in a future game, already planned and set. She was supposed to be in Book One, but I thought it was already too crowded -- Aiden Drest was going to be gender-flipped from his novel version into a female, but with the number of love interests already in the game I decided to leave him as he is.
:love:At least there will be a goth love interest in your future game. I suppose I have my first LI in that game decided already and it's not even being developed yet.

• Red Heart

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
View attachment 1746653

Mythos Friday Update - April 8th, 2022

Nine is back in control!

Timely information. I have decided to try Daz yet again and am finally having some luck understanding it - but the organization is a chaotic mess. I can never find what I need without shit-tons of searching. I'm going to watch the videos you posted and try to start out right.

That was the first song to make me cry, I mean ugly cry but not for the right reasons...

Weird I know, i'll explain.

I was 14, I was dating a goth girl. She'd convinced me to dress more like her so i'd "fit in" with her friends who were all "waaah, the world is bad and humanity sucks" types and I was all "YAY, life is awesome and I love everyone" like a mini ginger hippy.

So, we play dress up, she alters a few other things about my looks including my hair and then Evenescence comes on and I look in the mirror.

I'm wearing all black with black makeup but the worst part, the absolute tipping point, i'd let her dye my hair. My ginge was now jet black and I fucking hated it. I've always loved my hair and I just looked at my reflection and broke. She'd turned me into my exact opposite and I bawled like a bitch.

We broke up.

I won't blame goths or those with alternate lifestyles at all, i've dated others since and none tried to change me it was just her.

So My Immortal made me ugly cry because an ex had turned me from me Pippy Longstocking to Wednedsay Addams.
:cry:
To quote king Arthur from "Monty Python and the Holy Grail" - "You make me sad".
That is a terrible thing to go through especially from someone you thought cared about who you were in the first place. My experience was kind of the opposite. I (non-goth) wore lots of black and dark colors and drag raced and street raced. Not a real "bad boy" but I ran from the police at least a couple of times a month :oops: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:. A girl I started dating started trying to get me into khakis and polo shirts and get a "sensible" car. She got in the car one day and started bitching about the music I was listening too (and it was classical orchestral at that....hey!....don't judge me!:mad::ROFLMAO:).
It made me realize we had absolutely nothing in common and I didn't want to be her clothes mannequin and show piece. That was our last date.

• Red Heart

LorgarAurelian

Dec 31, 2020
(and it was classical orchestral at that....hey!....don't judge me!:mad::ROFLMAO:).
I think you mean to say that you was listening to the best kind of music:D.

So you don't want to come round and listen to my Britney Spears and Backstreet Boys albums with me. You've just broken my heart Ava and ruined my night.
Backstreet Boys is not that bad, Britney you can keep for yourself.

Hey, let's be nice!

Unless it's Coldplay. :mad:
But I like Coldplay(most of their old stuff anyways).

• Sad

Rinbael

Sep 7, 2018
What in the holy clitoris of Eliza Dushku did I just listen to?

My ears want to sue for actual bodily harm after hearing a few minutes of that.
Wow Ava you just can't appreciate one of the greatest literary works of all time. Your obviously a fucking prep:mad:.

In all seriousness though it's fucking hilarious and you should try and watch the whole thing just to see the sheer insanity and randomness of that story and I want other people to suffer the same way I did when I came across that story.

Reactions: afterlights

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Wow Ava you just can't appreciate one of the greatest literary works of all time. Your obviously a fucking prep:mad:.

In all seriousness though it's fucking hilarious and you should try and watch the whole thing just to see the sheer insanity and randomness of that story and I want other people to suffer the same way I did when I came across that story.
I .... I did watch the whole thing.

I am still in shock at all the different ways she managed to mispell Ebony.

Rinbael

Sep 7, 2018
I .... I did watch the whole thing.

I am still in shock at all the different ways she managed to mispell Ebony.
Did you watch part 2 and 3 as well? I'm just curious since after seeing all three videos I started to cry tears of blood while slitting my wrists and I'm just wondering if other people went through the same thing.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Did you watch part 2 and 3 as well? I'm just curious since after seeing all three videos I started to cry tears of blood while slitting my wrists and I'm just wondering if other people went through the same thing.
I watched all 3 parts. It was a tale that had me on the edge of my seat, it had it all.

It had Harry Potter stuff, it had guns ... for some reason ... in a world filled with magic but okay, it had vampire Harry Potter that was just called Vampire for ... reasons I assume, it had the worlds most depressing romance with emo Draco and it had My Chemical Romance.... also wrist slitting for fun because why not.

It was weird.

I want to unsee it but I can't.

Rinbael

Sep 7, 2018
I watched all 3 parts. It was a tale that had me on the edge of my seat, it had it all.

It had Harry Potter stuff, it had guns ... for some reason ... in a world filled with magic but okay, it had vampire Harry Potter that was just called Vampire for ... reasons I assume, it had the worlds most depressing romance with emo Draco and it had My Chemical Romance.... also wrist slitting for fun because why not.

It was weird.

I want to unsee it but I can't.
Exactly. It was an epic trilogy to rival the lord of the rings and you are now more enlightened for witnessing it. Don't try to forget it because you are a plebeian no longer after witnessing it's greatness.

Also I know the number of a good therapist if you need it just ask.

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
I don't judge people for music. I'm a massive fan of Lindsey Stirling, I love violin music.

I never judge people for their music choices.

Unless they listen to 2000's pop music.
I love Lindsey. She has so much fun doing what she does that it's infectious. The first time I saw her on YouTube was a collaboration with Pentatonix when they were starting to make it big.

Hey, let's be nice!

Unless it's Coldplay. :mad:
That's a strange way to spell "Nickleback" :unsure:

LorgarAurelian

Dec 31, 2020
While Nickelback is aggressively boring, I do have a soft spot for most of Coldplay's older material, but I'll freely admit that Yellow is a pretty bad song.

• Haha
4.80 star(s) 63 Votes