VN Ren'Py Mythos: Book One [v5.0.1 Hotfix] [Nine of Swords]

4.80 star(s) 63 Votes

Ifartedtoolong

Feb 27, 2022
I never clicked male before but I just did for the first time just to see and it worked for me and then I killed their hopes by closing the game. I wonder if they're using 2.0 or 2.0.4?

Nine of Swords

Keeping the Legends Alive
Game Developer
Dec 17, 2017
I never clicked male before but I just did for the first time just to see and it worked for me and then I killed their hopes by closing the game. I wonder if they're using 2.0 or 2.0.4?
Hmm... 2.0 vs 2.0.4 shouldn't make any difference, since the gender-choice code hasn't been changed since 1.0. :unsure: If worse comes to worse, I can make a simple script override to take out the gender choice and force you to be male or female, but I'd rather find out the source of the bug to fix it.

Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019
Hmm... 2.0 vs 2.0.4 shouldn't make any difference, since the gender-choice code hasn't been changed since 1.0. :unsure: If worse comes to worse, I can make a simple script override to take out the gender choice and force you to be male or female, but I'd rather find out the source of the bug to fix it.
I wish you will solve it ( if it's a real problem due to a bug), because to be honest one of the (many) thing that make me love this game is the possibility to play as a female MC without being forced to corrupt, degrade or transform her in a slut, but instead having a credible and good character.
Something rare and for that even more precious. :)

Crimsonfiend76

Herald - Super Naked Ginger Cuddle Time
Donor
Sep 8, 2020
Literally just started playing earlier today and was able to choose male...and that's even with the WT mod installed. (y)

Nine of Swords

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2017
I wish you will solve it ( if it's a real problem due to a bug), because to be honest one of the (many) thing that make me love this game is the possibility to play as a female MC without being forced to corrupt, degrade or transform her in a slut, but instead having a credible and good character.
Something rare and for that even more precious. :)
Oh, don't worry about that. If, for some reason, I ever have to make the game with only one MC in mind, it will be the female. I included the male MC option so more people would feel comfortable playing it. :)

Sep 3, 2020
Oh, don't worry about that. If, for some reason, I ever have to make the game with only one MC in mind, it will be the female. I included the male MC option so more people would feel comfortable playing it. :)
yeah I like the male MC option

I've never actually played as a female before

I guess it would feel weird for me

but I would rather play as a female

if I get to play a game with a monogamy option

and no Force relationships or sex scenes'

as long as a vn gave me that I would gladly play as a female or at least try

faradhii

Sep 8, 2019
Thank you for that, while I have played female protag before I never felt quite.... comfortable I guess? With it.

Reactions: Crimsonfiend76

Crimsonfiend76

Herald - Super Naked Ginger Cuddle Time
Donor
Sep 8, 2020
I've played female protags depending on the premise of the story, but it's generally not my preference. It's weird though, in my experience most of the fem-MC VNs I've played have them being either lesbian or bisexual with a heavy preference for women. I can't recall any that are either exclusively or mostly straight and being in a polyamorous relationship with a boyfriend and girlfriend. :unsure:

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
You may remember the photographic proof I posted a while back as to Tara's werewolf status on "Girls Night Out". Well here is further proof. I have found the location of the actual establishment where that was taken.....BEHOLD!!

IMG_3587.jpg

Nine of Swords has a restaurant in the Universal Studios theme park in Orlando Florida!!
Soooooooo busted!

(ok, that's it I'll be good - I promi......prrrrrrooooooom...pr...I'll try to be good :oops: )

LorgarAurelian

Dec 31, 2020
View attachment 1746653

Mythos Friday Update - April 8th, 2022

Nine is back in control!

Poor Morgana..
That Daz thing sounded like a headache, being bad at organising myself I can only sympathise.
After reading trough all of the names for the scenes I'm gonna have Amy Lee and Drowing Pool stuck
in my head for the rest of the night, so thanks for that:).

• Haha
Reactions: Nine of Swords

Ifartedtoolong

Feb 27, 2022
What I did instead was make folders on a separate storage device. Then I made folders and named them like DAZ characters inside the DAZ character folder I also made 2 Character image folders and another DAZ character folder one for DAZ characters and one for movie and game ported characters. I then placed the DAZ characters in the one folder and then opened each one up and pulled the image out and named each image after the name that was on the zip/rar.

If and when I forget what something looks like or what the name was I can just go to the storage device open the image folder and cruise through them till I find it. I also did it for outfit's and hairs.

Houses and environments go into a different folder poses go here.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nine of Swords

Nine of Swords

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2017
Poor Morgana..
That Daz thing sounded like a headache, being bad at organising myself I can only sympathise.
After reading trough all of the names for the scenes I'm gonna have Amy Lee and Drowing Pool stuck
in my head for the rest of the night, so thanks for that:).
You're welcome for that! :D

Though you may find that the title of the scene "My Immortal" is a reference (because pop culture references are like... my thing), but not a reference to Evanescence. Not directly, at least...

What I did instead was make folders on a separate storage device. Then a made folders and named them like DAZ characters inside the DAZ character folder I also made 2 Character image folders and another DAZ character folder one for DAZ characters and one for movie and game ported characters. I then placed the DAZ characters in the one folder and then opened each one up and pulled the image out and named each image after the name that was on the zip/rar.

If and when I forget what something looks like or what the name was I can just go to the storage device open the image folder and cruise through them till I find it. I also did it for outfit's and hairs.

Houses and environments go into a different folder poses go here.
That's actually pretty close to how I did it! I have the DAZ stuff backed up, but also have the install zips saved on my external backup. Pulling the images out to make them more quickly accessible may not be a bad idea... but that's a project for after Book One is complete, I think! Right now I pretty much have everything I plan to use for Book One situated in a way I'll know what I need and where it is.

I hope.

Reactions: LorgarAurelian

Ifartedtoolong

Feb 27, 2022
not be a bad idea
Yeah having the images in a folder really helps as all you have to do is look at the image instead of opening each one up that you think might be the file your looking for just to load the image and find out nope that's not it. Only one I haven't done yet is pose files as I would have to go to each and every pose page grab the images for the poses rename them and that'll take awhile to do.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
"My Immortal"
That was the first song to make me cry, I mean ugly cry but not for the right reasons...

Weird I know, i'll explain.

I was 14, I was dating a goth girl. She'd convinced me to dress more like her so i'd "fit in" with her friends who were all "waaah, the world is bad and humanity sucks" types and I was all "YAY, life is awesome and I love everyone" like a mini ginger hippy.

So, we play dress up, she alters a few other things about my looks including my hair and then Evenescence comes on and I look in the mirror.

I'm wearing all black with black makeup but the worst part, the absolute tipping point, i'd let her dye my hair. My ginge was now jet black and I fucking hated it. I've always loved my hair and I just looked at my reflection and broke. She'd turned me into my exact opposite and I bawled like a bitch.

We broke up.

I won't blame goths or those with alternate lifestyles at all, i've dated others since and none tried to change me it was just her.

So My Immortal made me ugly cry because an ex had turned me from me Pippy Longstocking to Wednedsay Addams.

4.80 star(s) 63 Votes