VN Ren'Py Mythos: Book One [v5.0.1 Hotfix] [Nine of Swords]

4.80 star(s) 63 Votes

bacienvu88

Aug 3, 2021
Acording to Merriam-Webster:
Definition of lycanthropy
1: a delusion that one has become a wolf
2: the assumption of the form and characteristics of a wolf held to be possible by witchcraft or magic

witch kind of makes it sound like some kind of otherkin:LOL:.
There is also

Reactions: LorgarAurelian

ClockworkGnome

Sep 18, 2021
"Loup-garou" is the word in French for werewolf.
Oh, I know. I just think it sounds kind of terrible in English in fiction that chooses to use it.

And like I said, I think the problem is that there isn't really a great snappy word for "werewolf" other than "werewolf" itself. So when people writing fiction are looking for Proper Noun names for the species, they usually use words that sound kind of lame.

I'd argue the same problem crops up for zombies. Any time you're reading fiction that doesn't just want to call them zombies, you get lame alternatives like Zeds or Walkers or Shamblers or whatever. Because there really isn't a cool term for what they are other than "zombie".

LorgarAurelian

Dec 31, 2020
View attachment 1901078

Friday Update - July 1st, 2022

Both the new logo and the intro looks fucking awesome.
Don't worry about the having to restart the game when chap.3 comes out,
I always start a new game when we get a new chapter, since I like to see if I missed some hints the last time I played:).

Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019
View attachment 1901078

Friday Update - July 1st, 2022

Waaah! Things are getting better and better, loved the new logo and I don't mind at all to start a new game, it's something I always do regardless of how much time is passed I love to refresh my memory and see the differences between the start and the new parts, so it's not a problem for me.
If anything I'm even more hyped now.:giggle:

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
Werewolves are one thing...

But infant werewolf paladins?! Absolutely not.
for one hot minute I thought "I wonder if I could....." then I said "oh, hell no!". It would take me days to come up with that and since I'm doing character studies and storyboards for a possible title of my own I figure I should behave at some point - I'm sure the "payback bucket" is WAY over full already :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

,,,,,,but it would be awfully cute......hmmm.....:unsure:

Sorry, it's a disease, I can't help myself......... werewolfBabyPaladin.png

I couldn't do a model, so I threw this together because......well, I.......just......couldn't .......NOT

Nine of Swords

Keeping the Legends Alive
Game Developer
Dec 17, 2017
for one hot minute I thought "I wonder if I could....." then I said "oh, hell no!". It would take me days to come up with that and since I'm doing character studies and storyboards for a possible title of my own I figure I should behave at some point - I'm sure the "payback bucket" is WAY over full already :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

,,,,,,but it would be awfully cute......hmmm.....:unsure:

Sorry, it's a disease, I can't help myself......... View attachment 1904127

I couldn't do a model, so I threw this together because......well, I.......just......couldn't .......NOT
This is my new strategy... say weirder and weirder things to make you photoshop them together, eventually pushing werewolves out of everyone's minds!

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
I have definitive proof that there are no werewolves in Mythos! A renowned lycanthropy expert has painstakingly compiled a list of all locations of werewolves. You'll note that Mythos (or even Baltimore) is not listed as any such habitat!

View attachment 1911198
Single source evidence is always suspect, plus those are only statistics for London :unsure:

(you get MAJOR points for this one!! :love::ROFLMAO::love::ROFLMAO:)
HighFiveSlugs.gif
As much fun as it is, I'm sure the werewolf "fight" is getting distracting, I will try my best to behave and work on other things:sneaky:

Last edited:
4.80 star(s) 63 Votes