VN Ren'Py Mythos: Book One [v5.0.1 Hotfix] [Nine of Swords]

4.80 star(s) 63 Votes

LorgarAurelian

Dec 31, 2020
It's time for a commission round-up! This month it was apparently all about cosplay!

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

the-office-hot.gif

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
I would like to as a favor of Nine of Swords and the people on this thread. I am starting to put together characters and story for a small fantasy-based game to get my skills ready for a larger undertaking. I have started a thread with character studies for the larger game, but have started swapping to the smaller game. I have put up a poll there to see what kind of non-human characters people are interested in as Love Interests. Since the people on this thread are all pretty good people, I'd like if you could go take the poll, look around and leave feedback.

PLEASE DO NOT START ASKING FOR WEREWOLVES IN THIS THREAD. Please be respectful of Nine letting us play here. Plenty of room for shenanigans on the other thread ;) .

Nine of Swords, If you'd prefer I didn't put this here; just let me know and I'll delete it. It might take a day or so as I will be traveling this next week.

Nine of Swords

Keeping the Legends Alive
Game Developer
Dec 17, 2017
I would like to as a favor of Nine of Swords and the people on this thread. I am starting to put together characters and story for a small fantasy-based game to get my skills ready for a larger undertaking. I have started a thread with character studies for the larger game, but have started swapping to the smaller game. I have put up a poll there to see what kind of non-human characters people are interested in as Love Interests. Since the people on this thread are all pretty good people, I'd like if you could go take the poll, look around and leave feedback.

PLEASE DO NOT START ASKING FOR WEREWOLVES IN THIS THREAD. Please be respectful of Nine letting us play here. Plenty of room for shenanigans on the other thread ;) .

Nine of Swords, If you'd prefer I didn't put this here; just let me know and I'll delete it. It might take a day or so as I will be traveling this next week.
I'm totally fine for this to be here.

Go take a look, y'all!

Asgarlon

Jan 11, 2022
i see a loooooot of "complete" ´s , and im "yayyyy" =) i hope your troubles you´ve had some weeks ago are solved and came to a good end? =) looking forward for ch3 . nice weekend to you and the one ´s you care for from germany

• Red Heart
Reactions: Nine of Swords

LorgarAurelian

Dec 31, 2020
View attachment 1952915
Friday Update - July 28th, 2022

Progress is picking up!

Dunno how I feel about Tesla staring into my soul in the header:LOL:.
TBH from what I have gathered over the years archaeologist looove to find mundane stuff, so they'll probably love your stories.
Also putting the stories in the game was a brilliant idea.
You totaly deserve that switch:D:D.

• Red Heart

damnedfrog

Nov 11, 2020
View attachment 1952915
Friday Update - July 28th, 2022

Progress is picking up!

Nine of Swords, I used to love you, until now that you pointed out that I am TEN years older than you!
:)
If it's any consolation, my brain still hasn't registered that I'm over half a century old...
In my head, I am still 13 years old.

Adding the Tales of Mythos in the game is a great idea.
I don't know how we can help you pass over this “extra crap” stupidity. But for me, the Tales are part of the game.
So in fact, it makes perfect sense that the player can read them from the game.
A crazy idea: that we can found them in the game. Like, on some scene, there are clickable items (books, photos, ...), and when we click on them we access one of the tale.
For example, in Tara house or at Gaia's Cradle, we could click on a book that tells the tale of "Rain's Promise".

And, by the way, HAPPY BIRTHDAY !!!

ClockworkGnome

Sep 18, 2021
A crazy idea: that we can found them in the game. Like, on some scene, there are clickable items (books, photos, ...), and when we click on them we access one of the tale.

For example, in Tara house or at Gaia's Cradle, we could click on a book that tells the tale of "Rain's Promise".
It would take a lot of work and completely restructuring the game after the fact (so it's kind of a terrible idea), but thematically it would be kind of neat to have something like that. Have, say, "Mementos" or "Memories" or something like that as a separate menu, and when you're playing through the game you can find them and unlock stories, then go read them in your "codex" at your leisure.

A more simplified way to handle something like that might be to just have certain stories unlock at certain points (so, say, after you meet Tara in-story and it's revealed that they were old school friends, you get to read their flashback story). That can allow certain stories to not color the player's opinion of certain characters in advance, so the stories don't act as "spoilers" for those characters' scenes beforehand. Presumably it could be coded similarly to how most games have a gallery for replaying unlocked scenes.

The easiest way to handle it is to just throw them all into the menu from the start and encourage you not to read them until you've played through the game, which has the advantage of not slowing down development and getting us to the rest of the story faster. ;)

my 43rd birthday is quickly approaching. I still don’t feel like I’m a person in my 40s.
I'm 45, and most of the time I feel like the same person I was in high school, just with less free time and more accountancy.

Adulthood is a myth.

Nine of Swords

Keeping the Legends Alive
Game Developer
Dec 17, 2017
Dunno how I feel about Tesla staring into my soul in the header:LOL:.
TBH from what I have gathered over the years archaeologist looove to find mundane stuff, so they'll probably love your stories.
Also putting the stories in the game was a brilliant idea.
You totaly deserve that switch:D:D.
Are you calling Mythos mundane? For shame!!! ;)

And thank you for saying I deserve it. :) Though again, I'm putting off almost all of my "free time" activities so I can get Chapter Three out.

i see a loooooot of "complete" ´s , and im "yayyyy" =) i hope your troubles you´ve had some weeks ago are solved and came to a good end? =) looking forward for ch3 . nice weekend to you and the one ´s you care for from germany
The entire first half of 2022 was troubles for me! But this week I've been doing my best to make up for it. So much, in fact, that my carpal tunnel is flaring up fierce right now. :(

Yay for Germany! Ich hab ein monat in Freiburg gewohnen. (It was in 1995, so my German is probably really rusty).

Other stuff
It actually wouldn't take too much restructuring to put the stories in as "clickable discoveries", but I'd rather they be easy to find simply because I want people reading what I wrote! :D

However, something I could easily do is have it so each story isn't readable until after you've seen a certain thing -- like you couldn't read "Never Again" until after meeting Sylvia. It's somthing for me to think about, for sure!

Oh, and thank you for the birthday wishes! :D

LorgarAurelian

Dec 31, 2020
Though again, I'm putting off almost all of my "free time" activities so I can get Chapter Three out.
And take some well deserved time off after it's out.

Forgot to say happy birthday, so have a gif of baby Yoda as a consolidation
kingsqueedgybot-meme.gif
It turns out that I with my measly 33 years is the young'un of the regulars, never tought that was the case:LOL:.

• Red Heart
4.80 star(s) 63 Votes