Nasigi

Feb 14, 2021
Hey Dev,

You say for the full experience we should download this garglk/gargoyle whatever, and just follow its instructions.
Of course its probably because im blind or stupid, but what instructions. I cant find any.
Since you seem to know how that works, could you maybe provide me some help.

Lapsa

Game Developer
May 30, 2020
Hey Dev,

You say for the full experience we should download this garglk/gargoyle whatever, and just follow its instructions.
Of course its probably because im blind or stupid, but what instructions. I cant find any.
Since you seem to know how that works, could you maybe provide me some help.
The instructions in the section of the main post - conveniently labeled in bold - "Installation:". The section that is just below that bold orange message, that also says to use those instructions.

Hope that helps!

Nasigi

Feb 14, 2021
The instructions in the section of the main post - conveniently labeled in bold - "Installation:". The section that is just below that bold orange message, that also says to use those instructions.

Hope that helps!
I thought you meant there was a Installation guide on the github side, and that i might have made a mistake.
i was confused but i figured it out. thx though
in the end i was just stupid.

Lapsa

Game Developer
May 30, 2020
I thought you meant there was a Installation guide on the github side, and that i might have made a mistake.
i was confused but i figured it out. thx though
in the end i was just stupid.
Ah, the link to Gargoyle should link straight to the Releases page. There are notes just above the downloads for Mac users - otherwise all the downloads are labeled individually.

For advanced users - there is also a config file, and instructions for use. However, since that isn't my software and isn't required for the game it isn't vital to have.

herbz

Apr 30, 2018
Maybe my brain is fried, because I cannot figure out what the right configuration for the observation decks. Has anyone worked it out?

Lapsa

Game Developer
May 30, 2020
Maybe my brain is fried, because I cannot figure out what the right configuration for the observation decks. Has anyone worked it out?
You can go to the upper rooms of the map, where the solution is given to you. Its 100% doable, I've done it several times while testing - just a matter of getting it right.

herbz

Apr 30, 2018
You can go to the upper rooms of the map, where the solution is given to you. Its 100% doable, I've done it several times while testing - just a matter of getting it right.
Yes I understood that, what I meant was that I don't understand what the bars and the transparent gold boxes and the divots are trying to tell me

Reactions: bobbot

Lapsa

Game Developer
May 30, 2020
Yes I understood that, what I meant was that I don't understand what the bars and the transparent gold boxes and the divots are trying to tell me
They need to be aligned, one represents where the setting currently is and the other represents where it needs to be.

herbz

Apr 30, 2018
They need to be aligned, one represents where the setting currently is and the other represents where it needs to be.
Ok I have triple checked:
1688944102739.png
1688944115051.png

not sure what the problem is, the door to room 8 is still closed

Lapsa

Game Developer
May 30, 2020
Alright, found the issue - it incorrectly labels the current position of each of the consoles. However, the solution it presents is still correct - it just doesn't clearly show what the current setting for the first console of the puzzle on each side is. This isn't game-breaking, because if you haven't solved the puzzle you need to go to those rooms anyway - and the position of them there is accurate. The puzzle is still 100% doable with this bug, as its purely aesthetic.

Edit: In other words if it looks like it should've been solved, but isn't - flip what you have. Its supposed to list which room is which, but doesn't - leading to confusing when people get the opposite setting to the solution.

herbz

Apr 30, 2018
I worked out the problem I was having, I solved it by flipping the settings around on the top and bottom rooms for both sides

Love the game btw, thanks for the help!

Lapsa

Game Developer
May 30, 2020
I worked out the problem I was having, I solved it by flipping the settings around on the top and bottom rooms for both sides

Love the game btw, thanks for the help!
Yup, that turned out to be it. In a future patch I'll likely make it more clear - since they are currently unlabeled, leading to that not-so-edge case.

And thanks!

bobbot

May 10, 2018
so, got a question i beat the game... granted i was max level because it took me a while to figure out the observation deck puzzle so i was going in circles. so how do i know if i got the bad ending? the one i got nal and co were saved. also loved the manufactury area... with the set up there i take it its kinda sequal bait?

Lapsa

Game Developer
May 30, 2020
so, got a question i beat the game... granted i was max level because it took me a while to figure out the observation deck puzzle so i was going in circles. so how do i know if i got the bad ending? the one i got nal and co were saved. also loved the manufactury area... with the set up there i take it its kinda sequal bait?
You'd know if you got the bad ending because Nal doesn't get saved, also the game presents you with a choice before hand when you go to fight Jewel. You have to let Nal get raped a lot, and then go around to each of the decks and find the corruption interactables; two of which are in the Observation deck, one is in the Manufactory, one is in the Crew deck, and one is in the Research deck.

And thanks! We'll see about more content, it really depends on how much support the game gets.

3.00 star(s) 2 Votes