RPGM Completed Naedoko Demon's Ground [v1.12] [Tsukinomizu Project]

4.20 star(s) 18 Votes

Gummiel

Jul 16, 2019
So I reckon I either play the game with a tiny ass window or in shit resolution? I mean, I'll deal but it there any better way to play?
not really the pictures used for the H-scenes etc are all in 640x480, so while you can full-screen it with the usual alt+enter, the resolution it still pretty bad. And I do believe it is a the max resolution allowed to be used by the engine anyway in the first place

Use this, run it through for peace of mind.
That is not really gonna help anything with what he asks, the game itself can easily be run in full screen anyway already via alt+enter, already, but doesn't change that the source of the pictures used for H-scene's etc are low

Bloemkool

Aug 13, 2017
not really the pictures used for the H-scenes etc are all in 640x480, so while you can full-screen it with the usual alt+enter, the resolution it still pretty bad. And I do believe it is a the max resolution allowed to be used by the engine anyway in the first place

That is not really gonna help anything with what he asks, the game itself can easily be run in full screen anyway already via alt+enter, already, but doesn't change that the source of the pictures used for H-scene's etc are low
What if he uses something like this for the image files?

Gummiel

Jul 16, 2019
What if he uses something like this for the image files?
well IF he just want to look at the pictures in folder sure, but ingame you will just only see a fraction of the picture. the game itself ONLY run in 640x480, you would have to hack the exe or inject a dll or something to that sort to change that (which would be against the TOS of the RPGM VXAce engine).
And even so it would take forever, takes like 10-15 seconds at least per image. and there is about 2000 image files in the game ;)
(and yes I did try with one image file to make sure I don't talk completely out of my ass, though result were what I expected, though I must admit the result of the pure file is more impressive than I expected, but again for above reasons wont work for the game itself)

so tl;dr:
It is impossible.

Bloemkool

Aug 13, 2017
well IF he just want to look at the pictures in folder sure, but ingame you will just only see a fraction of the picture. the game itself ONLY run in 640x480, you would have to hack the exe or inject a dll or something to that sort to change that (which would be against the TOS of the RPGM VXAce engine).
And even so it would take forever, takes like 10-15 seconds at least per image. and there is about 2000 image files in the game ;)
(and yes I did try with one image file to make sure I don't talk completely out of my ass, though result were what I expected, though I must admit the result of the pure file is more impressive than I expected, but again for above reasons wont work for the game itself)

so tl;dr:
It is impossible.
Well that's concluded then.

The killing Goku

Oct 20, 2019
Ain't nothing new anyway. Many an eroge RPG's still show up in rather low resolutions.
But hey, this thing has a perfect excuse ... it's like 6 yrs old. Though still ... even 6 yrs ago 640 really wasn't the going rate anymore, so yeah ... even then it was still just lazy.

Gummiel

Jul 16, 2019
Ain't nothing new anyway. Many an eroge RPG's still show up in rather low resolutions.
But hey, this thing has a perfect excuse ... it's like 6 yrs old. Though still ... even 6 yrs ago 640 really wasn't the going rate anymore, so yeah ... even then it was still just lazy.
The blame is on the engine as I said above all else though, not the developers of the games really (unless you want to blame for the choice of engine I geuss). RPGM have always been behind in resolutions I am pretty sure(wouldn't be surprised if MZ (that was released in the autumn 2020 were still stuck at 720p or something, not sure on that one though, no intention of buying it just to try and find out that :p), and to make matters worse, you have to buy each new version separately, for a pretty hefty price. It really is a pretty limiting engine. I am sure most of the developers using the RPGM engine actually draw the pictures at a much higher resolution, but then have to scale them down to fit the engine. The only thing to me that RPGM seems to have going for it is the fact it is a bit easier to start out than the bigger engines like unity or UE, but in the long run anyone trying to make a game would be way better off starting in one of those engines from the get go anyway imo, as the potential is so much bigger, and you can actually make a game for free on them as long as you don't earn more than a certain amount from it (can't remember the exact amount)

Sorry if that got a bit too ranty

The killing Goku

Oct 20, 2019
The blame is on the engine as I said above all else though, not the developers of the games really (unless you want to blame for the choice of engine I geuss). RPGM have always been behind in resolutions I am pretty sure(wouldn't be surprised if MZ (that was released in the autumn 2020 were still stuck at 720p or something, not sure on that one though, no intention of buying it just to try and find out that :p), and to make matters worse, you have to buy each new version separately, for a pretty hefty price. It really is a pretty limiting engine. I am sure most of the developers using the RPGM engine actually draw the pictures at a much higher resolution, but then have to scale them down to fit the engine. The only thing to me that RPGM seems to have going for it is the fact it is a bit easier to start out than the bigger engines like unity or UE, but in the long run anyone trying to make a game would be way better off starting in one of those engines from the get go anyway imo, as the potential is so much bigger, and you can actually make a game for free on them as long as you don't earn more than a certain amount from it (can't remember the exact amount)

Sorry if that got a bit too ranty
Weeeellllll ... dunno bout that. I very much agree that the potential is higher if you go for Unity or Unreal, sure.
These are professional engines and you can build anything from a little card game to Dragon Quest to Final Fantasy VII Remake.

However, the learning curve is generally ginormous. The thing RPGM has going for it is, for as far as I can tell, it's 'ease of use' and the ability to produce games with out of the box resources.
Sure, it leads to a metric ton of generic, samey games of course, but you can get a game out w/o too much technical expertise. And, as far as these types of games are concerned, the people making them will generally be artists first (rather than techies).

So I'd say the popularity of RPGM in this space didn't just fall out of the sky.
And really, if you're really willing to go the distance, you can get a lot done in RPGM as well (see Kagura's latest release, Evening Starter for example, which was a 3D dungeon crawler in RPGM, which is likely not very out of the box :unsure: ).

Anyway ... you'll also notice that most, if not pretty much all, Unity/Unreal choices go there because they wanna produce a 3D game rather than your typical 2D Turn Based RPG we're used to getting from RPGM/Wolf. You'll rarely see a straight up 2D Unity game ya know.
Once again, that makes developing these things much harder if your primary goal is to just present the player with 2D CG and not spend too much time on the 'game' part (there's lots of these, as you know).

But even if they don't wanna just skimp out on having a proper 'game' part ...
Unreal pretty much requires you to know C++ and Unity is C#. This makes Unreal the most difficult of the 2 to get into by the way, despite arguably being the stronger engine of the 2 for making the most high end stuff.
Sure, both of them have some extra tools to get you started, from what little I know about it, but still.

So, also a bit too ranty I guess, but to conclude ... I get what you're saying in regard to the professional engines being capable of more, but I really do understand the appeal of the RPGM framework to artists.

Feb 4, 2018
I need help getting past the ruins in the middle layer, I don't know what I am supposed to do to progress. Is there something I need to do elsewhere or am I just blind?

Gummiel

Jul 16, 2019
I need help getting past the ruins in the middle layer, I don't know what I am supposed to do to progress. Is there something I need to do elsewhere or am I just blind?
What part more specifically the "ruins" is decently big, and probably the most labyrinth-ish area in the game, so there is really multiple places you could get stuck in it

aniqldu

Nov 18, 2018
From one of the fairies in the top left house in the fairy village, after finding a couple items for him
Pukis always teleported me to outside and we cant remove her from party any tips ....sorry for ask again i just bit confused

Gummiel

Jul 16, 2019
I don't know how to get the last piston, I have all of them except the one I can see in the Ironworks.
Need to have the Cokeball monster with you, to use on the switch on the leftside in the same room as the piston (there are a couple other places in the Ironworks you can do the same to get some chests)

4.20 star(s) 18 Votes