Omnius

May 14, 2017
Anyone got some save files? I'm done playing poker especially when the lot of saves I spent hours setting up in the previous version are broken in this version

BLKCandy

Jul 12, 2018
It's fun, but the cards a frustrating. I wish we have an ability to redraw a card, maybe at a cost of anxiety, just to reduce the random factor of the game. The moment when you have 3 of the required card in the deck but draw none is just...

Anyway, that way the card/deck building is still a major factor and the RNG still plays a part.

will_990

Donor
May 21, 2018
Thanks for the update, Apollo Seven. :) I didn't realize that the game's not only on TFGames but here as well.

A really interesting game mechanic regarding the random cards, perhaps you might want to add some special event or special trait for the princess, to choose a specific card of the entire deck or at least to be able to choose from every card-category you own.

(BTW: Also thanks for Submansion, Hospital., and Calibration. at TFGames; tested them all... :))

Cibo

Nov 15, 2018
When stress is added i get some sort of error. Thats after that flower festival when the advisor pulls her dress down during the speach.

Last edited:

aifgamer

Apr 11, 2018
This game is extraordinary. The writing is excellent and I really enjoy the mechanics -- they actually elevate it into a game rather than being another visual CYOA. I'm also a big fan of the 80s throwback graphics. They are a big breath of fresh air.

My only issue is with the text font. Obviously that's part of the VGA style graphical choice, but it gets a little tough of the eyes reading so much text in that style. Would it be possible to insert a simpler, more readable font while leaving the rest of the graphics the same?

Reactions: potspipe

Apollo Seven

Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
This game is extraordinary. The writing is excellent and I really enjoy the mechanics -- they actually elevate it into a game rather than being another visual CYOA. I'm also a big fan of the 80s throwback graphics. They are a big breath of fresh air.

My only issue is with the text font. Obviously that's part of the VGA style graphical choice, but it gets a little tough of the eyes reading so much text in that style. Would it be possible to insert a simpler, more readable font while leaving the rest of the graphics the same?
Sure, accessibility is more important than enforcing the aesthetic. I'll add the ability to change the font.

will_990

Donor
May 21, 2018
Would it be possible to insert a simpler, more readable font while leaving the rest of the graphics the same?
Well, you could try to change the font yourself for a more standard one, e.g. Brittanic Bold (pro: has only one fixed font type in it) from Windows fonts folder?

All *.ttf the game uses are in the "game" subfolder, just backup the original "manaspc.ttf" (the main font used within the game...), copy another ttf (with one font type only) of your liking into the folder and rename it to "manaspc.ttf"...done. :)

EDIT: Oh well, the dev beat me to it... ;-)

aifgamer

Apr 11, 2018
Sure, accessibility is more important than enforcing the aesthetic. I'll add the ability to change the font.
Awesome!

Well, you could try to change the font yourself for a more standard one, e.g. Brittanic Bold (pro: has only one fixed font type in it) from Windows fonts folder?

All *.ttf the game uses are in the "game" subfolder, just backup the original "manaspc.ttf" (the main font used within the game...), copy another ttf (with one font type only) of your liking into the folder and rename it to "manaspc.ttf"...done. :)

EDIT: Oh well, the dev beat me to it... ;-)
Still, thanks! I'll try this trick in the future if this works on renpy projects in general. I spend a lot of time looking at screens, so readability can almost make or break a game for me.

juanito

Jun 19, 2017
The art looks good, wish it had a male protagonist. Although I really enjoyed Long Live the Queen, easily one of my top 5 VNs or top 20 videogames, so I'll probably give this a chance since the premise sounds very similar.

manscout

Jun 13, 2018
Apollo Seven If the queen kicks out Cecily after she reveals her magic, the queen is left without a tutor for the rest of the game at the moment, do you have something planned for this or is the run truly meant to just be FUBAR at that point?

Edit: Also it is still barely possible to get 100 Wisdom in time for the festival of flowers without cheating, but I think it is unintended. I did it by doing 1 session of Knowledge and 1 session of Wisdom in the first week, then always drawing blue cards and doing Wisdom training whenever I could, doing Knowledge if I couldn't. Got to the final week having 45 Knowledge and 81 Wisdom, trained Wisdom once which put me at 46 Knowledge and 91 Wisdom, then was still able to train Wisdom one more time (I assume it is because it was still below double the knowledge, which would be 92), this let me get to the Trial of Wisdom with 100 Wisdom.

Last edited:

Apollo Seven

Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
Apollo Seven If the queen kicks out Cecily after she reveals her magic, the queen is left without a tutor for the rest of the game at the moment, do you have something planned for this or is the run truly meant to just be FUBAR at that point?
In .5 the foreign prince Enrique will be introduced as a trainer. Getting rid of Cecily will put you on his path, as well as being on Ulric's path and having the Princess continuously refuse to do anything for him.

joetheflower

Apr 3, 2018
the card system is was confusing at first, since I didn't know what influenced it. I've played for four weeks in game now and i still don't know. i go to the part where the dancer asks you if you want to learn from her and i really did because i thought that would increase her favor, which is want i wanted. but the it said something about how the flower is unknown to me but I don't know why. and since all card decisions are final i thought to myself, 'this is gonna happen many more times', which demotivated me instantly.

the story and characters are good, but this game isn't for me. i hate being locked outta content until i play though a game again. unless the game's short, i rarely return to them.

Menome

Jul 17, 2017
I really love this game so far, but have one suggestion for the future if possible:

Unlocked Variables: Once you have reached certain checkpoints in the game (Flower Festival, Flame Festival etc.), allow the game to be restarted from these points, with chosen pre-gens based on what has been unlocked via the random system.

For example, start at the Flame Festival with Cecily as Advisor and good favour with Amelia/Evette/Normand.

It would allow for people to eventually get their desired routes without having to restart from the beginning every single time, whilst still experiencing the core content of the game to unlock it all.

demidemon

Aug 31, 2016
the card system is was confusing at first, since I didn't know what influenced it. I've played for four weeks in game now and i still don't know. i go to the part where the dancer asks you if you want to learn from her and i really did because i thought that would increase her favor, which is want i wanted. but the it said something about how the flower is unknown to me but I don't know why. and since all card decisions are final i thought to myself, 'this is gonna happen many more times', which demotivated me instantly.

the story and characters are good, but this game isn't for me. i hate being locked outta content until i play though a game again. unless the game's short, i rarely return to them.
Basically the NPC request a card check, 5 cards will randomly be drawn from the deck, if the NPC's requested card(s) is in those 5 cards, the check pass.

About locked content, sometimes failing checks will lead you to another path instead. So if you passed the check, you go to path A for scenes, if you failed you move to path B and get different scenes. So failing checks can be good sometimes and passing check might actually lock you from the path you want.

PS not sure if the dancer has any scenes right now

keiththeberenson

Jun 12, 2017
Normally I would not say anything as I'm a big believer in the dev working towards their vision.

But here we go....

I really think this dev has something but the card system has to be adjusted. I've read all the posts about the rogue like system. It's just inherently flawed. It's too random and lacks player control.

Everything else about this game is excellent. It's got style, the writing is solid and there's a management aspect that requires the player to be committed. I think the dev is crushing it here.

But the card system needs adjusting.

aifgamer

Apr 11, 2018
It's too random and lacks player control.
Not the dev, but that's a feature, not a bug. The princess isn't the player character, the advisor is. To put the player in direct control of the princess wouldn't be an adjustment, it would be a completely different game.

4.30 star(s) 63 Votes