manscout

Jun 13, 2018
Apollo Seven One of Cecily's routes seems to not be working, failing both the Green and Pink checks is not triggering the "friendship" route, I think the issue is that you didn't set activityLevel to 2.

Tienshinhan

Jun 11, 2017
So I have to say overall I like the story in terms of what is written and I look foreword to the game being finished. I think that the writing is good and the characters are great for what we have. However I have some criticism on how the story is implemented. I hate the fact that there are two grinding aspects for the story, the stats and card building. Grinding stats and hoping to get the correct cards is frustrating to say the least and, it can force you to restart constantly to get any new content. Even if you play perfectly you can get one bad card draw, or a forced card from a random event and it just straight ends the run fully, hard stop you need to go back and try again. That isn't fun from a gameplay point of view, since the game is based on story rather than a rogue like dungeon. Card based works in Slay the Spire, it does not work for novel type games.

From a conceptual standpoint it is an interesting mechanic, but persistent saves coupled with this duel grind requirement is just...too much honestly. If it was just stat based and had the persistent save, fine and well, you can get locked on a path, but that path is one you put (or in this case guide) the protagonist on. I understand trying to represent the player as the guide and not the main character, but when the game is focused on the character we the player want to feel like we have a say in the story we want to see. Getting blocked early in the story prevents 3 of the other paths for advisors. That is a solid 75% of the game being locked because the RNG refuses to draw a red card for instance. For clarification I had to restart my game 10 times today alone, and despite setting the deck as much as possible, I am stuck with the Vizier. That is not ok, that is not fun and it really, really takes me out of wanting to play the game anymore, despite knowing there is still good content ahead.

This is your baby, this is your story that branches and winds. I just wish there was an option for players that wanted to see all of it, instead of having to roll dice to try and get to content we want (or really just want to see for the first time).

Apollo Seven

Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
So I have to say overall I like the story in terms of what is written and I look foreword to the game being finished. I think that the writing is good and the characters are great for what we have. However I have some criticism on how the story is implemented. I hate the fact that there are two grinding aspects for the story, the stats and card building. Grinding stats and hoping to get the correct cards is frustrating to say the least and, it can force you to restart constantly to get any new content. Even if you play perfectly you can get one bad card draw, or a forced card from a random event and it just straight ends the run fully, hard stop you need to go back and try again. That isn't fun from a gameplay point of view, since the game is based on story rather than a rogue like dungeon. Card based works in Slay the Spire, it does not work for novel type games.

From a conceptual standpoint it is an interesting mechanic, but persistent saves coupled with this duel grind requirement is just...too much honestly. If it was just stat based and had the persistent save, fine and well, you can get locked on a path, but that path is one you put (or in this case guide) the protagonist on. I understand trying to represent the player as the guide and not the main character, but when the game is focused on the character we the player want to feel like we have a say in the story we want to see. Getting blocked early in the story prevents 3 of the other paths for advisors. That is a solid 75% of the game being locked because the RNG refuses to draw a red card for instance. For clarification I had to restart my game 10 times today alone, and despite setting the deck as much as possible, I am stuck with the Vizier. That is not ok, that is not fun and it really, really takes me out of wanting to play the game anymore, despite knowing there is still good content ahead.

This is your baby, this is your story that branches and winds. I just wish there was an option for players that wanted to see all of it, instead of having to roll dice to try and get to content we want (or really just want to see for the first time).
The issue here seems to be that you're missing several features of the game. Which is a problem on my end, not yours. You're never stuck with the Vizier, the Player has an explicit opportunity to get rid of them regardless of what happens in their scenes. It's in a player-Princess conversation. You have an option to let him continue or kick him to the curb at the cost of stat penalties for the Princess. It would be useful to me if you could describe what was happening that caused so many resets. Were you just not letting the game continue to the point of that conversation happening? Or did it happen and it wasn't clear what the consequences would be. Said conversation happens after the Flower Festival. So there's nothing locked behind those card checks besides stat penalties. For the most part, run deciding decisions are never locked behind single checks.

As for a singles check ruining your whole run, you can always reload at the start of a season meaning the worst rollback a missed card check can possibly cause is ~13 weeks. I think this something that's missed by a good amount of players, so I'll have to think of a way to make the option more obvious.

RhapsodicHotShot

Oct 25, 2019
Is the council favour loss scripted?

I got four council members who favoured me but after the event in which the nobles come to seek refuge, Normand says that Adelin proves to be a better candidate and everyone lost favour with me. The only people who where against me was Gales and Ulric.

RhapsodicHotShot

Oct 25, 2019
Also, this:

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
ScriptError: could not find label 'showDot'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "character_scripts/playerRandomFall.rpyc", line 920, in script call
File "C:\Users\user\Documents\MEGAsync Downloads\NakedAmbition-54-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1436, in execute
rv = renpy.game.context().call(label, return_site=self.next.name)
File "character_scripts/playerRandomFall.rpyc", line 920, in script call
File "C:\Users\user\Documents\MEGAsync Downloads\NakedAmbition-54-pc\renpy\script.py", line 898, in lookup
raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))
ScriptError: could not find label 'showDot'.

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Naked Ambition .54 Naked Ambition .54
Tue Nov 24 09:11:57 2020

manscout

Jun 13, 2018
Bug: Had a run where I had Ulric as a trainer but never went along with any of his demands, then switched to the foreign prince as my trainer, but the Ulric debuff from him holding out lessons never went away.

Tienshinhan

Jun 11, 2017
The issue here seems to be that you're missing several features of the game. Which is a problem on my end, not yours. You're never stuck with the Vizier, the Player has an explicit opportunity to get rid of them regardless of what happens in their scenes. It's in a player-Princess conversation. You have an option to let him continue or kick him to the curb at the cost of stat penalties for the Princess. It would be useful to me if you could describe what was happening that caused so many resets. Were you just not letting the game continue to the point of that conversation happening? Or did it happen and it wasn't clear what the consequences would be. Said conversation happens after the Flower Festival. So there's nothing locked behind those card checks besides stat penalties. For the most part, run deciding decisions are never locked behind single checks.

As for a singles check ruining your whole run, you can always reload at the start of a season meaning the worst rollback a missed card check can possibly cause is ~13 weeks. I think this something that's missed by a good amount of players, so I'll have to think of a way to make the option more obvious.
The Vizer does not seem to leave If I never get the red card to get mad at him initially (Week 6). Even If I choose to get rid of him in that conversation after the festival it just plays on, her just talks me into keeping him. I'm guessing then by your reaction that this is actually a bug and not working as intended? If that is the case I will try reinstalling.

Additionally I did manage (after several more resets) to get the right cards to work and lost the Vizier. I can also confirm that Cecily does not progress with the Love/Friendship path if you miss the two green and the pink check. The Third path doesn't happen, she just stops showing up in between weeks until the end of the game.

Apollo Seven

Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
The Vizer does not seem to leave If I never get the red card to get mad at him initially (Week 6). Even If I choose to get rid of him in that conversation after the festival it just plays on, her just talks me into keeping him. I'm guessing then by your reaction that this is actually a bug and not working as intended? If that is the case I will try reinstalling.
I just tested it and everything worked fine. Has anyone else had this problem? Are you sure you're choosing the option "how can you let him abuse you"?

Tienshinhan

Jun 11, 2017
I just tested it and everything worked fine. Has anyone else had this problem? Are you sure you're choosing the option "how can you let him abuse you"?
Yes, I am choosing that option. The good news is after deleting the game and starting a new game from reinstall the issue does appear to be fixed. I'm guessing something just went wrong with the unpacking on my end, thank you for the patience.

The Cecily bug is still happening though, no third path occurring. Only the magic (Green) and lust (Pink) paths working, no Yellow path options.

Apollo Seven

Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
Yes, I am choosing that option. The good news is after deleting the game and starting a new game from reinstall the issue does appear to be fixed. I'm guessing something just went wrong with the unpacking on my end, thank you for the patience.

The Cecily bug is still happening though, no third path occurring. Only the magic (Green) and lust (Pink) paths working, no Yellow path options.
Alright, glad it's sorted out. The Cecily bug is known and will be fixed in .55 which should be out this weekend.

Reactions: Tienshinhan

damnmang

Oct 30, 2017
Hey, really enjoy the game, hope the endgame comes together to make the random play feel worth it.

Question on the gallery, I've unlocked everything except "Becoming frends" (typo?) and "Becoming close friends". Any thoughts on that?

manscout

Jun 13, 2018
Hey, really enjoy the game, hope the endgame comes together to make the random play feel worth it.

Question on the gallery, I've unlocked everything except "Becoming frends" (typo?) and "Becoming close friends". Any thoughts on that?
Assuming its not a gallery bug:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Dec 17, 2019
Is there a way to just access gallery files or is that not possible? I wanna know if there's fuck before doing another run.

manscout

Jun 13, 2018
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I will be pretty busy for the next week or two, but now that all the pre-winter scenes are done I will try to update the wiki's guide if no one else does it in the meantime.

4.30 star(s) 63 Votes