Shizuka Yume

May 15, 2021
Yep, that patch is integrated into the one above already.

Maou Harem has its base game finished, just need to get it proofread by myself before I get to the append. The other one is on hold while I work on Maou Harem and finish work since I've been busy with both, but I will get to that eventually.
Any news on Maou Harem? What happened to it? Is there a date when you would post it here?

Shizuka Yume

May 15, 2021
Not a date to post, as that's still in development, but the base game is finished and up on patreon. Proofread as well. I want to post it to F95 when I am done with the append, so that's where I'm at right now.
Oh I thought something happened wait Proofread? You mean like check if it has errors and typo's as such?

Shizuka Yume

May 15, 2021
Yep. I do my own proofreading to check for grammar errors, or if there's text overflow. If I'm manually translating, I might as well go the whole way. Takes longer, but I think it's worth it.
Ooh I see You don't have someone who works with you when you proofread then? Oh By the way Do you do image editing? Like the one that you did in this game?

clau_di_ou

Aug 26, 2019
instructions to get this to run in Linux
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Cool tutorial, I have done similar things to play RPG VM games in Linux, with mixed results, but I simply can't play this game, even with your tutorial, it doesn't work.

Does the problem that take you to do this has to do with loading the battle scene? I have problems loading that, the game runs flawlessly till the effect of the braking squares on the first battle.

I have managed to pass that in wine by disabling the gpu acceleration in the package.json, but the fps was so low, it was unplayable (without that wine only shows a black screen).

My last attempt to run this game in wine was with the translated version in this post, buy i had the same results in the past with other not translated versions of this game.

picobyte

Oct 20, 2017
I simply can't play this game, even with your tutorial, it doesn't work.

Does the problem that take you to do this has to do with loading the battle scene? I have problems loading that, the game runs flawlessly till the effect of the braking squares on the first battle.

I have managed to pass that in wine by disabling the gpu acceleration in the package.json, but the fps was so low, it was unplayable (without that wine only shows a black screen).

My last attempt to run this game in wine was with the translated version in this post, buy i had the same results in the past with other not translated versions of this game.
It's been a while but this was a tough nut to crack. I seem to have something listed more concerning battlers. My log script isn't really commented. but it lists this, just below the last changes I posted. I also recall there might have been something that I had done more than I posted. Of course always make sure you understand what scriptlets like these doa are safe to run. well this one is horrible, but at least it can't cd all the way up to your home and wreck havoc there.

Code:
#www/img/lmbs/battlers

find www/ -iregex '.*[][!-,].*\..*'  | parallel -n 1 -j 8 '
  f={}
  bn="$(basename "$f" | sed "s/\..*$//")"
  g="$(echo "$f" | sed -r "s/[ -,]/_/g;s/\[/_/g;s/\]/_/g")"
  bn2="$(basename "$g" | sed "s/\..*$//")"
  bn="${bn//\[/.}"
  bn="${bn//\]/.}"
  rg -l "$bn" | xargs -r sed -i -r "s/${bn}/${bn2}/g" &&
  mv "$f" "$g"
'
Also I've made a git repo, so attached the changes. However, I usually only add the .json and .js files to it, so It doesn't include all the file hard links I made. I searched for hard links though `find -type f -links +1`, a list of which is included in the attachment. It doesn't indicate to what file it points to, but those should be similarly named files with problematic characters. Maybe you can create a similar list and diff to see if there are some you are missing. Good luck.

also unmentioned, probably you already found out, but it needs to be run with Japanese locale. for this I start uxterm like so:
Code:
LANG=ja_JP.UTF8 uxterm&
And then I run ./nw

Last edited:

clau_di_ou

Aug 26, 2019
DUH, it was the locale!! I was so used to not use locales on NWJS, can't belive I forgot that, it was unexpected.
Just with the first tutorial and the use of the Japanese locale I was able to run this crap.
OK, let's play this thing, thanks for the help

Mizukipon

Mar 30, 2020
Yep. I do my own proofreading to check for grammar errors, or if there's text overflow. If I'm manually translating, I might as well go the whole way. Takes longer, but I think it's worth it.
So What happened with the Append of Maou Harem?

Mizukipon

Mar 30, 2020
It exists and is currently being worked on. It is slower than I would have liked it, but that's just how things are, lol.
Oh I see It has been like 1 month or something since you've said the base game is already done will it get release this January tho?

4.20 star(s) 11 Votes