Franticdispo

Modder
Jun 15, 2018
I mean a lot of that could have been they creator that had it taken down. Do you know for sure Kagura requested it? I ask since it’d be the only games they’ve done that to. They recently did several Dieselmine games that are still available on this site. Several other games they’ve translated are also on this site

also the translation request is still on this site. Just look up the first word of the group’s name and you’ll find it.

That was me having that issue. That image has the problem I had till I did the Nopy ver.
Just so we're on the same page, because I'm a little confused about where the convo is currently (and my apologies about that), I'm stating that Daijyobi Laboratory, the circle that creates the games, seems to dislike fan translations, and that is shown by the fact that cases such as the MTL of Antidomi on F95 and the Nako partials from ulmf are taken down with very little warning, as well as discussion threads on ulmf, though I'm not a primary source on the last two. There have also been numerous people who have had more experience than me on this circle that have warned me about Daijyobi. I have not personally seen any of this by them, but I am always cautious, especially considering this is the first time I've ever heard this kind of behavior from a circle.

Kagura Games is an official translating team that sells their work, and they usually discuss the rights to translate games with the developers. Because Holy Knight Luviria was most likely given the green light by Daijyobi, it makes sense that they would allow that game to be publicly shared, that's why that's the only remotely English translated Daijyobi game on this website aside from Nako currently, unless I'm just dumb and can't search the forum properly.

Kagura Games can't stop someone from translating a game they don't own the rights to translate, but the creators themselves certainly can because it's their product. This game has been here for a few days, but there's always the chance they don't want some random translator doing this to their games.

With Nako though I've read their blog and apparently it didn't sell as well as they thought it would, so I don't think they have any plans to ask official translating teams to take this up, especially considering it's been 3-4 years since this came out. They might be lenient with this if they find it, they might not.

Also yeah I just checked, typing in "Daijyobi" for me doesn't show it for some reason, but "Laboratory" did.

Reactions: Alter

Franticdispo

Modder
Jun 15, 2018
Quick question, how many endings are there? (There maybe follow up question after)

I also saw that you can't bang Eva, the Nun. To that I say, "WHY!?"
Story-wise there's two endings, with one being the true end.

Bad H-ending-wise there's around four. each containing 3-4 sex scenes.

Regular H-endings that wrap up sex subplots are around 4-5 total.

The reason for Eva not being bangable is story-related, so while yes she's cute, she exists in "Must protect" territory.

Reactions: Alter and Seronkai

Seronkai

Nov 11, 2017
Story-wise there's two endings, with one being the true end.

Bad H-ending-wise there's around four. each containing 3-4 sex scenes.

Regular H-endings that wrap up sex subplots are around 4-5 total.

The reason for Eva not being bangable is story-related, so while yes she's cute, she exists in "Must protect" territory.
I see, so there's quite a bit in this game with the endings.

-sigh-I guess if she' in Must Protect Territory, I can't argue. Never break "must protect" unless you wish for a "must die" ending for yourself I suppose XD

Anyway, thanks~ Your answer was more detailed than expected so I have no follow ups. Also Thank you so much for the translation

Apr 15, 2020
Just so we're on the same page, because I'm a little confused about where the convo is currently (and my apologies about that), I'm stating that Daijyobi Laboratory, the circle that creates the games, seems to dislike fan translations, and that is shown by the fact that cases such as the MTL of Antidomi on F95 and the Nako partials from ulmf are taken down with very little warning, as well as discussion threads on ulmf, though I'm not a primary source on the last two. There have also been numerous people who have had more experience than me on this circle that have warned me about Daijyobi. I have not personally seen any of this by them, but I am always cautious, especially considering this is the first time I've ever heard this kind of behavior from a circle.

Kagura Games is an official translating team that sells their work, and they usually discuss the rights to translate games with the developers. Because Holy Knight Luviria was most likely given the green light by Daijyobi, it makes sense that they would allow that game to be publicly shared, that's why that's the only remotely English translated Daijyobi game on this website aside from Nako currently, unless I'm just dumb and can't search the forum properly.

Kagura Games can't stop someone from translating a game they don't own the rights to translate, but the creators themselves certainly can because it's their product. This game has been here for a few days, but there's always the chance they don't want some random translator doing this to their games.

With Nako though I've read their blog and apparently it didn't sell as well as they thought it would, so I don't think they have any plans to ask official translating teams to take this up, especially considering it's been 3-4 years since this came out. They might be lenient with this if they find it, they might not.

Also yeah I just checked, typing in "Daijyobi" for me doesn't show it for some reason, but "Laboratory" did.
ah sorry bout that. you had said
"b) Kagura Games is currently translating it (or at least it's a TBA, according to Steam), who I've also heard some not so good stuff about"
which i dont really know the bad stuff theyve done. i thought you were saying that kagura was taking down games as well.

Serameth

Jun 18, 2017
Is there a way to cheat the amount of exp you can get? I keep getting killed by the bosses that end in game over and grinding to level up is taking way to long....

Franticdispo

Modder
Jun 15, 2018
Is there a way to cheat the amount of exp you can get? I keep getting killed by the bosses that end in game over and grinding to level up is taking way to long....
What might help, assuming you are on Normal/Hard, is that you can go to the "Classroom of Dreams," which you access by resting at Nako's house. If you have at least one [Crystal] magic stone, you may trade one to switch difficulties while in-game with the Shiro inside. This makes the battles a lot more easier.

Reactions: Seamonkey

Smopy

Dec 22, 2017
Soooo...I finished the game (not gonna do a second run because I'm lazy), this game is really something, the ART is fricking amazing, the combat is actually fun (really different than I was expecting) and for the story... yeah ok I guess? (some animes cliches here and there that is not really my type of thing anymore) but overhall it's a fun game and interresting.

Thanks to Franticdispo for the translation, I rarely did see a problem or a typo (excluding some [10 or [30 or whatever from some dialogues) but the translation is fantastic and works well.(y)

EDIT: if the situation behind this developer is really what I saw, I feel bad now because it is a good game (first time playing a game from Daijyobi Laboratory) but the view that I have of him now has changed a lot, I really hope some of the things I read is a misunderstanding or bye bye this thread.

Last edited:

Franticdispo

Modder
Jun 15, 2018
Soooo...I finished the game (not gonna do a second run because I'm lazy), this game is really something, the ART is fricking amazing, the combat is actually fun (really different than I was expecting) and for the story... yeah ok I guess? (some animes cliches here and there that is not really my type of thing anymore) but overhall it's a fun game and interresting.

Thanks to Franticdispo for the translation, I rarely did see a problem or a typo (excluding some [10 or [30 or whatever from some dialogues) but the translation is fantastic and works well.(y)

EDIT: if the situation behind this developer is really what I saw, I feel bad now because it is a good game (first time playing a game from Daijyobi Laboratory) but the view that I have of him now has changed a lot, I really hope some of the things I read is a misunderstanding or bye bye this thread)
Every single time I see those "[10" things as I proofread I die on the inside. Thankfully I'm almost done proofreading the game to take those things off, but man they hurt...

Again, I'm sure there are reasons why Daijyobi does what it does, and for all I know they may be lenient with Nako. It's just better to be on the cautious side with so many similar accounts from people.

S3vatari0n

May 9, 2020
If I had to hazard a guess as to why Daijyobi would do something like take down fan/MTL translations, other than malice, is because they're trying to maintain a reputation. Logically speaking, unofficial translations that come out faster than official translations would be a first impression of a game to an interested audience, and if said fan translation was a low effort poetry fest, that could very well hurt their reputation and future sales.

There's more than enough people who will rag on a developer about shitty story telling all because the MTL butchered the writing, and many of them will not give the game a second glance afterwards. If I was in their shoes seeing that happen to any of my projects, I'd have an astronomically low impression of fan translators, too, regardless of the reality of fan translations.

RagueltheUFO

Jan 19, 2020
Its one of the main reasons I hate MTL translated games so much because if a hentai game has a good story that gets lost to the machine, then that just hurts the reputation. Yaoi games ironically always have good translation despite there being so few of them.

I didn't even realize Antidomy was removed after wanting that game for so long and then complaining about it being MTL since the translation gets worse as the game went on.

Franticdispo

Modder
Jun 15, 2018
If I had to hazard a guess as to why Daijyobi would do something like take down fan/MTL translations, other than malice, is because they're trying to maintain a reputation. Logically speaking, unofficial translations that come out faster than official translations would be a first impression of a game to an interested audience, and if said fan translation was a low effort poetry fest, that could very well hurt their reputation and future sales.
You make a great point there, actually. Hopefully Nako stays up considering Kagura is translating Maou Harem, meaning it probably won't be picked up by any official translations, especially since it came out a few years back.

MTL has its uses, but I think as of recent it's done more harm than good. Kinda sad that I probably won't be able to publish Maou Harem if I continue with it, seeing as Kagura and Daijyobi most likely want an official release of it rather than some random person publishing it. Actually, do you think if Daijyobi sees this and deems it pretty good quality that they'd accept me going on to take on Maou Harem? That'd be a pretty cool timeline to live in.

Its one of the main reasons I hate MTL translated games so much because if a hentai game has a good story that gets lost to the machine, then that just hurts the reputation.
It's also a pretty good way to get turned off in the middle of a scene. At least in Japanese I can go "Oh hey, the art's really cool, I can ignore the text," but if it's half-broken English then my brain explodes trying to figure out the meaning of anything that seems relevant and I lose more than I gain. A lot of MTL is also just... really lazy, if I'm being honest. Edited MTL is appreciated, but straight up MTL is always an eyebrow raiser from me.

captainboo

Oct 17, 2017
Do you get anything special from not losing any fight? this doesn't seem like a typical lose > get h-scene > game over >sent back to main menu to reload kind of game, but there's an actual continuation from the lose scenario. I only finished the school section

Franticdispo

Modder
Jun 15, 2018
Do you get anything special from not losing any fight? this doesn't seem like a typical lose > get h-scene > game over >sent back to main menu to reload kind of game, but there's an actual continuation from the lose scenario. I only finished the school section
Not losing any fight (which keeps your sex level at 0), alongside finding the seven items to show to a nun you will meet in the future, will lead to the true ending of the game. Certain sex scenes must be accessed in order to progress the subplots of different characters/areas where they happen, so it's efficient to have a playthrough dedicated solely for the h-scenes, and one for the true ending.

Franticdispo

Modder
Jun 15, 2018
For those of you who want it, I have a patch with the version I've proofread and improved upon to make the game better on the download screen! H-scenes are more concise and take up less text boxes, some untranslated store options are translated, and some text box issues after losing battles are corrected, as well as a general boost in quality for word wrapping and grammar.

Franticdispo

Modder
Jun 15, 2018
Is there a difference between and ?
Yes! So, the first link is the base game. This originally came with around 45 scenes, and basically all the story was contained within it. Then, there's the Append, "Sokunuki Shard". This append came with several features including:
-A standalone version that you could play by itself if you did not have the original game
-An inheritable version that you could add onto the base game, therefore combining the content
-Two items that allowed you to instantly kill enemies or defeat yourselves
-17 new CG's
-A file that instantly unlocked all CG's

And a bunch of other nifty extras like story summaries and whatnot.

bom44

Feb 13, 2020
i reached final dungeon but i cant seems to find few odd item
anyone know where this all odd item location
(i cant seems to find odd liquid and the last odd item that can synthesize item with ??? effect)

Iexist

Jul 20, 2018
Soooooooo

I see that there's been some confusion about the circle that made this game. Here's some extra info about the situation with them.

I can't say if they're specifically xenophobic, but, I can say that they're one of those groups with a massive hard-on against piracy, sharing and all that jazz. They're one of those groups that genuinely believe that this sort of thing seriously impacts their sales, and who refuse to accept that 90% of the people that resort to this wouldn't buy their product anyway, for one reason or another, or wouldn't know of it, etc.

To expand on this, e-hentai has them on the Forbidden to Upload list. That means that content from them gets expunged as soon as it's found, no questions asked, the moment anyone notices that it's there. That's how aggressive they've been about this issue. They're up there with Lilith and other groups like them, worse to an extent because in all honesty, Lilith pipped down a great deal ever since most of their profits started rolling in from gacha more than anything else.

From what I know, they don't particularly care about translations, they care about the fact that these translations also allow users to get their hands on the product. From what I know, they're one of the reasons why the UMLF staff got a lot more aggressive about the no-links rule. Not the only one, but one of them. But even then, let's face it, anyone with half a brain knows that if a game has discussion threads there, then there will be links, you just have to PM the right people to get them. The guys behind this circle have enough brains to know exactly what UMLF and F95 are about.

Honestly, I think they have a guy or two who are basically dedicated to hunting down links that share their games to take them down as fast possible.

That said, they do tone things down after 1-2 years after the product's launch. After some time, it's simply not worth it to keep up that sort of pressure.

So if anyone DOES want to pick-up Antidomi, I recommend waiting until after the game that's currently in development comes out. They've already stated that they have no plans for an Append for Antidomi, partly because it'd involve re-hiring Kutan for the art of the main heroines.

Seronkai

Nov 11, 2017
Just finished the game and dang, even after getting the true end I feel like I'm missing a lot. Like what's with the locked book in the dream land thing? Where are a few of the "Odd" items? In the final area, what's with the super strong enemies in that one room? Still so much to do...

Side Note: Combat reminds of the really old "Tales of" series games which is nice since I love those games.

Franticdispo

Modder
Jun 15, 2018
Soooooooo

I see that there's been some confusion about the circle that made this game. Here's some extra info about the situation with them.

I can't say if they're specifically xenophobic, but, I can say that they're one of those groups with a massive hard-on against piracy, sharing and all that jazz. They're one of those groups that genuinely believe that this sort of thing seriously impacts their sales, and who refuse to accept that 90% of the people that resort to this wouldn't buy their product anyway, for one reason or another, or wouldn't know of it, etc.

To expand on this, e-hentai has them on the Forbidden to Upload list. That means that content from them gets expunged as soon as it's found, no questions asked, the moment anyone notices that it's there. That's how aggressive they've been about this issue. They're up there with Lilith and other groups like them, worse to an extent because in all honesty, Lilith pipped down a great deal ever since most of their profits started rolling in from gacha more than anything else.

From what I know, they don't particularly care about translations, they care about the fact that these translations also allow users to get their hands on the product. From what I know, they're one of the reasons why the UMLF staff got a lot more aggressive about the no-links rule. Not the only one, but one of them. But even then, let's face it, anyone with half a brain knows that if a game has discussion threads there, then there will be links, you just have to PM the right people to get them. The guys behind this circle have enough brains to know exactly what UMLF and F95 are about.

Honestly, I think they have a guy or two who are basically dedicated to hunting down links that share their games to take them down as fast possible.

That said, they do tone things down after 1-2 years after the product's launch. After some time, it's simply not worth it to keep up that sort of pressure.

So if anyone DOES want to pick-up Antidomi, I recommend waiting until after the game that's currently in development comes out. They've already stated that they have no plans for an Append for Antidomi, partly because it'd involve re-hiring Kutan for the art of the main heroines.
Was about to say, a lot of people here just wouldn't buy the Japanese version because, well, they don't understand Japanese. Obviously I'm not going to buy an entire product that's 30 bucks that I can't even understand or makes sense of as someone who primarily speaks English unless I'm a translator or somehow am fluent in Japanese, which I assume a lot of F95 isn't; in fact, many of the products I buy from DLsite are audios where the enjoyment doesn't even have to be knowing Japanese.

It does give them more context though, so I appreciate that. In future situations for their games it would be great to share, for example, the www folder rather than the entire package for their games, but they're currently using Unity, so unless I can find the places where the text is themselves, that ain't happening. Guess I'll have to back down from Antidomi for the time being until some time passes. Though, that makes me think that I could probably go for Maou Harem with a little less pushback from Daijyobi, but maybe more from Kagura.

4.20 star(s) 11 Votes