4.30 star(s) 53 Votes

nn2017

Nov 26, 2017
Are you rolling forward, or did you click forward?

You could also try one of your earlier saves (if you don't have any, try an auto save).
I thank you for responding, I tried everything you told me and it didn't work at all. I'm tired I'll just let this game go.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
whats wrong with the saves all of mine says invalid saves like 20 in total
for me its season 2. and it happens with every update.
I thank you for responding, I tried everything you told me and it didn't work at all. I'm tired I'll just let this game go.
If you save at the very end, it will not work it you don't roll back a ways, and click forward.

If you used some kind of mod, that tends to break things, if you don't use the updated mod.

If you extracted the new version into the old folder, that will likely break things.

If rollback doesn't work, you can try using an older save (auto saves if you don't have more than one, and if not, I ask 'why not?' Save Early, Save Often)

If all else fails, you can upload your save here, and I will see if I can load it, and we can go from there.

(...Also, there was an issue a while back, when Ren'Py updated, that broke most saves.)

Reactions: nn2017

nn2017

Nov 26, 2017
If you save at the very end, it will not work it you don't roll back a ways, and click forward.

If you used some kind of mod, that tends to break things, if you don't use the updated mod.

If you extracted the new version into the old folder, that will likely break things.

If rollback doesn't work, you can try using an older save (auto saves if you don't have more than one, and if not, I ask 'why not?' Save Early, Save Often)

If all else fails, you can upload your save here, and I will see if I can load it, and we can go from there.

(...Also, there was an issue a while back, when Ren'Py updated, that broke most saves.)
Thank you man for helping me, the only thing that worked was removing the mod, in fact I loaded the cheats mod and by removing it the game was able to move forward.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Thank you man for helping me, the only thing that worked was removing the mod, in fact I loaded the cheats mod and by removing it the game was able to move forward.
Should not need a mod for this game anyway, most options are pretty straight forward... Thanks for letting us know you got it working.

Reactions: nn2017

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
TheDevian
only used jokerleaders mod this have happen before thats why i did multiple saves i can attach on a zip files my save folder and you can check
Yeah, mods tend to do that, most of them, once you use a mod on that save, the save will then require that mod from then on. But if the mod doesn't get updated, then you could be stuck. That seems to be what happened here, from what I can see.

If you can get an updated version of the mod, it should work, otherwise, the easiest way, would be to start S2 over, and use the skip to get back to where you were, shouldn't take too long.

Only other thing I can think of, is if you have a save that is from before you used the mod.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
With Patreon the way it is, that is challenging at this point, since it is far too late for a patch or anything like that. But who knows?

4.30 star(s) 53 Votes