4.30 star(s) 54 Votes

GreenDark

Jul 25, 2018
I love walkthrough mods and have never had any issues with them. I'm not saying they can't cause problems but Badboll is correct in saying that if all the mod does is add information about choices it will change nothing in your saves.

I've noticed that developers seem to be particularly opposed to mods but... they exist because people like them. They always say the same thing: "You don't need a WT" "it's really obvious" etc. But people ask for them because they feel like there is still ambiguity.

I can do without a WT for this particular VN but I still always get Joker's mod because of the added textbox opacity option (btw it would be nice if that feature was officially added along with text outlines, pretty please, doing it myself every time gets tiring)

Again, I'm not saying the mod isn't causing issues now, I wouldn't know since I haven't lost any saves. I'm just a little annoyed at the attitude devs have towards mods in general.

DWR Games

Creating Naughty Lyanna
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 28, 2018
I have nothing against mods, I even think it's amazing that someone would take the time to modify my game to improve the user experience. But the problem is that sometimes it causes inability in the saves, not because of some extra line of code, but because of the way the version of Renpy I use packs the build before release.

I'll look into ways to try to reduce possible points of incompatibility, but unfortunately, gives support to solve problems caused by modified versions is something I can't do :(

feierflei

Protect pretty exhibitionists at all costs!
Game Developer
Jul 24, 2017
I'm just a little annoyed at the attitude devs have towards mods in general.

Look at it from the dev's perspective. If you regularly got your thread spammed by people rudely demanding you fix your game, even though it's not your fault in the slightest - would you run out of patience at some point or not?

Also, I'm pretty sure DWR doesn't have any issue with people modding his game. In fact, I believe he appreciates it.
But people should be aware that a mod can definitely break a game's saves, no matter what is changed, because there are more factors at play than the simple code.

EDIT: Oops, he already posted while I was writing xD

GreenDark

Jul 25, 2018
I've been on this site long enough to know that many of its users are stupid and entitled. I've not seen it myself but I believe you if you say this specific situation happens a lot.

Still, that's not a problem with the existence of the mod or the WT itself. It's the users being dumb.

What I'm criticizing is when people answer the question "Is there a WT?" with "you don't need one" or when a dev is annoyed at what a mod does regardless of bugs or a user's ineptitude. It's great that DWR doesn't mind mods.

This VN has a surprisingly high amount of stats and variables. There are scenes that get locked out if you don't have certain stats, particularly with Shy vs Bold and Submissive vs Dominant and I understand readers not wanting to stress over that.
I've stressed over some things with Bran myself. I want to be nice to him without being "nice" to him and often wonder if a choice is going to lead to an innocent bonding moment between brother and sister or if there's degeneracy around the corner.

I may have rambled a bit so, to summarize: If users are being dumb, criticize that instead of mods or guides.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
This game 100% need it to help you with knowing what choices lead to what. Sure it's not rocket science what can happen with some choices. But every game is better off with a WT rather than not. It's often a waste of time to just guess what choices lead to what.
If the Mod is just highlighting choices and letting you know what they do. It will never break a save.
It's when they add multi choice support and other things they lock you in. It depends on how willing the mod maker is to ensure the saves will not break if you don't use the mod. You seem to have a dev bias. I don't know your experience or skill level so exuse me for not taking your word for it. I took one look at your game and clicked off.
Yeah, "Strip" "Hide" really complex shit. Fuck them, or not. Super hard to figure out, I don't know what to do here?!?!?!! What will happen when I choose 'strip'?

Try rollback, it causes a lot less problems.

I have been modding games for decades, so yes, you can take my word for it, modding games can be fun, but you do it at your own risk. Don't blame the devs, when you break something. It's not our fault, you fucked up your shit.
I love walkthrough mods and have never had any issues with them. I'm not saying they can't cause problems but Badboll is correct in saying that if all the mod does is add information about choices it will change nothing in your saves.

I've noticed that developers seem to be particularly opposed to mods but... they exist because people like them. They always say the same thing: "You don't need a WT" "it's really obvious" etc. But people ask for them because they feel like there is still ambiguity.

I can do without a WT for this particular VN but I still always get Joker's mod because of the added textbox opacity option (btw it would be nice if that feature was officially added along with text outlines, pretty please, doing it myself every time gets tiring)

Again, I'm not saying the mod isn't causing issues now, I wouldn't know since I haven't lost any saves. I'm just a little annoyed at the attitude devs have towards mods in general.
I like mods in general, but unless the game is done, and you know what you are doing, you can easily break shit.

We can't fix, what we didn't break.

When people complain that our games are broken, and they are the ones who broke it, you can see where that gets old. Sometimes, we spend hours, trying to track down a bug, only to later find out that the player used a mod, changed some stats, and broke the fuck out of it.

Mods are cheats, and make the game work in ways that are not intended, and we don't have huge teams of people to try to make all this shit work, it's usually just one guy making something in their free time. On every game I work on, every time there is an update, people complain that their saves are broken, and they can't play ...if not more often.
I've been on this site long enough to know that many of its users are stupid and entitled. I've not seen it myself but I believe you if you say this specific situation happens a lot.

Still, that's not a problem with the existence of the mod or the WT itself. It's the users being dumb.

What I'm criticizing is when people answer the question "Is there a WT?" with "you don't need one" or when a dev is annoyed at what a mod does regardless of bugs or a user's ineptitude. It's great that DWR doesn't mind mods.

This VN has a surprisingly high amount of stats and variables. There are scenes that get locked out if you don't have certain stats, particularly with Shy vs Bold and Submissive vs Dominant and I understand readers not wanting to stress over that.
I've stressed over some things with Bran myself. I want to be nice to him without being "nice" to him and often wonder if a choice is going to lead to an innocent bonding moment between brother and sister or if there's degeneracy around the corner.

I may have rambled a bit so, to summarize: If users are being dumb, criticize that instead of mods or guides.
It's not just that some people are ignorant, and/or won't read, though that is a big part of it, but also the modders don't always know what the dev is doing/planning or how the game works, or like in this case, they use the wrong version of Ren'Py, or whatever. Simple mistakes, can cause us big problems, and at best, we have to spend hours here, answering the same questions, over, and over, and over, and over... And at worst, we have to deal with people like that, who want to fight about shit they don't know anything about.

Reactions: rKnight
Sep 1, 2018
since his answer was shit I can help instead. No they are already skirting the Line with the scenes already involving Lyanna showing herself naked with her brother. Patreon doesn't allow incest, so unless they release a patch with scenes outside of patreon there will never be sexual encounters between them or they risk getting their patreon removed, sometimes they just delete it and sometimes they warn you and you can change the content.
That's why there are so many "Roommates" and "Landladies"
Yeah. But that's what I mean. The dev could do the good old "what's your relation to this person"-thing. The Patreon rule is stopping no one.

Imo this game isn't getting any spicier in any way. It keeps doing more or less the same things.
But it kind of foreshadowed a bit more Brandon and Lyanna scenes by having scenes where Lyanna did "risky behaviour" in front of Brandon.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Yeah. But that's what I mean. The dev could do the good old "what's your relation to this person"-thing. The Patreon rule is stopping no one.
We considered that, but it is way too late to make that change now, and we would have to do the same for all the moms, {which is the content we get the most requests for, then Bran}, so some other option has to be found. There are a few possibilities, I am just not sure what will happen exactly.

Last edited:

Knight_of_the_lance

Feb 23, 2020
the last update was great by the way. I don't personaly think that the different naked activities over witch the moms, daughters and brothers can bond should inevitably comme to the "I" word. there is plenty of things the girls, and boy, can do together with out beeing outright sex with their relative. Said activities can be charged with erotism without going further. Imagine for example that you and your parents (being namless and without faces for our example) enjoy BDSM realy a lot. Their is a lot of activities you can do with them involving your kink that isint directly sex.

I could see the characters getting closer to one an other and deepening their bonds with out sex being inevitable. But if the devs want to go there it is their choice.

Reactions: TheDevian

Dancing Queen

Feb 8, 2022
where can i post a patch for this game? in lewdpatcher it says that you need to be a pre-approved modder. I sent an email and they didn't answer me.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
where can i post a patch for this game? in lewdpatcher it says that you need to be a pre-approved modder. I sent an email and they didn't answer me.
You could try reporting your post, maybe upload here as an attachment?

JustAlexKing

May 28, 2022
Cant get enough of Lyanna, she's probably 1 of the best looking girl out of all the games i have play in f95, especially that part in the night club where she put on new makeup and hair, think she should look like that permanently, plus the scene in that club is a bit too short and lack of *ehem* variant and position.

DWR Games

Creating Naughty Lyanna
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 28, 2018

011beta.png

Synopsis:

Diana is still reeling from her hectic night out with the girls. Meanwhile, Claudia plans to meet Pandora. Lyanna arranges a challenge with Tina. Will she make it?

Changelog:

• 999 new renders (8937 on Season 2 already);
  • 7 new animated scenes (120 on Season 2 already);
  • Integration of the game with Lyanna's Instagram ( );
  • New extra content on my ;
  • Full proofing, spelling corrections, script corrections, etc;
  • Improved typography;

4.30 star(s) 54 Votes