4.30 star(s) 54 Votes

Silwith

Jan 27, 2021
This need a new look at the tags, where is the "multiple protagonists" tag for example? Wastes time for people that don't want certain things...

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
This need a new look at the tags, where is the "multiple protagonists" tag for example? Wastes time for people that don't want certain things...
It doesn't have multiple protagonists. You are playing Lyanna. You just also see what happens to her friends, but you are not 'playing' them.

Reactions: afterlights

Mr_Ainz

Oct 26, 2017
It doesn't have multiple protagonists. You are playing Lyanna. You just also see what happens to her friends, but you are not 'playing' them.
I do believe that a new tag for these types of situations is needed, while the stats reflect the identity of Lyanna, you do get to make choices for other people which is crossing the line for "multiple protagonists" for some people.

(I do not care about the tags though, I know the type of it is)

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
I do believe that a new tag for these types of situations is needed, while the stats reflect the identity of Lyanna, you do get to make choices for other people which is crossing the line for "multiple protagonists" for some people.

(I do not care about the tags though, I know the type of it is)
Well, the site is in the process of reworking the tag system, so 'you' could go provide feedback if you want that change to be made (or whoever feels strongly about it). ;)
Is Naughty Lyanna any relation to Dirty Diana?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Not all all, Diana is her friend and rival, and she only pretends not to be 'dirty'. :WeSmart: Sorry, had to. lol

Kheram

Sep 4, 2020
I would oppose this.
If you make a decision of what the friend would do, how they act etc, you ARE playing them.

And to me season 2 is multiple protagonists. we are playing Lyanna almost equal time as we are playing others.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: TheDevian

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
I would oppose this.
If you make a decision of what the friend would do, how they act etc, you ARE playing them.

And to me season 2 is multiple protagonists. we are playing Lyanna almost equal time as we are playing others.
I can see your perspective on it, and I don't entirely disagree, but DWR sees it differently (we've discussed it before).

We don't add that many choices for the other girls, and when we do, it's more about showing the player what they want to see than anything else, so you don't have to watch the scenes you don't like rather than you controlling the other characters. It's only the choices Lyanna makes that affect the plot and her stats.

It seems more, since there is a larger cast, but even if it is 50% Lyanna, and 50% everyone else, that still makes her the main character. The rest of them only get about 5-10% each at most. Even as it is, some complain because their favorite didn't get featured enough this time. Just think about it as them telling each other about their adventures, or watching the content they make for their channel.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Is there any guide to get all the animations?
You can't get all scenes in one game, some are mutually exclusive. But just pick the options you like, and you won't see the stuff you don't like that much (obviously, tastes vary, so nothing is 100%), but generally speaking, most of the choices are pretty obvious. Do you want to be bold or shy, do you want to be bisexual or lesbian, which characters do you like? That kind of thing... There are a few that require max, or almost max stats though, so it's best to pick a side, and go with it.

But if you have one you are missing, let us know, we can help.

Reactions: Uaredead

GreenDark

Jul 25, 2018
You can't get all scenes in one game, some are mutually exclusive. But just pick the options you like, and you won't see the stuff you don't like that much (obviously, tastes vary, so nothing is 100%), but generally speaking, most of the choices are pretty obvious. Do you want to be bold or shy, do you want to be bisexual or lesbian, which characters do you like? That kind of thing... There are a few that require max, or almost max stats though, so it's best to pick a side, and go with it.
This is so contradictory.

It's easy and you can do whatever you want but you can't get everything but just pick what you want but some need max stats but ask if any are missing because of course that's something that'll happen but it's self explanatory but here's a tip to help you not miss what you want but it's totally obvious.

You seem to be strongly opposed to guides and people asking for them, always repeating the same thing "just pick what you want". The fact is that it's not nearly as simple as you make it sound, especially if some scenes require optimized stats in a VN with heavy quantities of choices and numbers.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
This is so contradictory.

It's easy and you can do whatever you want but you can't get everything but just pick what you want but some need max stats but ask if any are missing because of course that's something that'll happen but it's self explanatory but here's a tip to help you not miss what you want but it's totally obvious.

You seem to be strongly opposed to guides and people asking for them, always repeating the same thing "just pick what you want". The fact is that it's not nearly as simple as you make it sound, especially if some scenes require optimized stats in a VN with heavy quantities of choices and numbers.
What is contradictory about picking what you want, giving you what you want?

There are a few scenes that have a small bonus, if you are very bold, or very gay. If that is what you want, you might like that.

I am not opposed to them, I love guides, but I don't have one, so I can only share what I have. If you have a question about a certain scene I will do my best to help, but I can't give you what I don't have.

GreenDark

Jul 25, 2018
It's unfortunate that your response seems to be directed at me but doesn't reference any points I actually made.

What is contradictory about picking what you want, giving you what you want?
I didn't say it is.
That wouldn't be contradictory if it was factually how it worked. But as is made obvious by the people asking, it really isn't that simple.

There are a few scenes that have a small bonus, if you are very bold, or very gay. If that is what you want, you might like that.
The issue isn't that this exists, it's that you don't acknowledge how that goes against you motto of "it's obvious, just pick what you want". If these scenes require maxed stats, a reader will have no idea that these even exist or how close they are to getting them. That's really not obvious and "just picking what you want" will most likely lead to missing these.

I am not opposed to them, I love guides, but I don't have one, so I can only share what I have. If you have a question about a certain scene I will do my best to help, but I can't give you what I don't have.
I don't know what this means.
I'm not asking for a guide, myself. I'm certainly not accusing you of having a guide and hiding it from people who ask.

What I am doing is trying to point out that the response you give everyone who asks for a guide is misleading, even if unintentionally. You dismiss the need for a guide when there is a very clear utility to having one.
You also don't mention JokerLeader's walkthrough mod which might not fully solve everyone's issues but is highly useful in guiding a reader with doubts. You could even say it's some kind of... guide.
Additionally, that person was asking about seeing all animations. "Just pick the options you like" doesn't help with that.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
It's unfortunate that your response seems to be directed at me but doesn't reference any points I actually made.

I didn't say it is.
That wouldn't be contradictory if it was factually how it worked. But as is made obvious by the people asking, it really isn't that simple.

The issue isn't that this exists, it's that you don't acknowledge how that goes against you motto of "it's obvious, just pick what you want". If these scenes require maxed stats, a reader will have no idea that these even exist or how close they are to getting them. That's really not obvious and "just picking what you want" will most likely lead to missing these.

I don't know what this means.
I'm not asking for a guide, myself. I'm certainly not accusing you of having a guide and hiding it from people who ask.

What I am doing is trying to point out that the response you give everyone who asks for a guide is misleading, even if unintentionally. You dismiss the need for a guide when there is a very clear utility to having one.
You also don't mention JokerLeader's walkthrough mod which might not fully solve everyone's issues but is highly useful in guiding a reader with doubts. You could even say it's some kind of... guide.
Additionally, that person was asking about seeing all animations. "Just pick the options you like" doesn't help with that.
I disagree, it does work that way, that is how I played before I was on the team and testing every route I can, and it worked fine. (Even then, I can't test them all myself either).

There are a couple of scenes that require max (or almost) stats, and if you are into those scenes, you are likely going to be picking the things that lead you there. I know that is what I did, and how it worked for me. So, yes, it DOES work that way. I know, I did it. That was how I played, and what I got. It's like an RPG, you can multiclass, or you can go all in on one, you might have more fun, mixing and matching, and that is fine, but there are some advantages to going all in on one path/class, as you will get more of that one thing. A fighter mage is going to have some advantages over a pure mage, but they will miss out on those high end spells. So if you want to get the most of this, or ANY game, you need to pick a route, and stick to it, like any other game (or replay it). He made it so you can't get them all in one run, you will need at least 2 for that. You need one that is bold or shy, and one that is lesbian or bi if you want to see everything.

I don't mention the mod, because I don't know anything about it, other than it exists, kind of, and that mods tend to break these games/saves. I don't know where it is, if it works, when it was updated, or anything else about it. So, I cannot, in good conscience, suggest people use it. While I love walkthroughs, I do have a little problem with mods on this site, while I love mods in general, the ones are here, are too often done in a way that breaks saves, or sometimes, breaks the whole game, something I see a LOT around here. So you are probably never going to see me telling someone they should mod their game here. But if there was an actual walkthough, I would happily tell people about it, assuming I found it to be accurate. It is much harder to mod a game, that is still being worked on, and that can cause issues.

What I am doing, is taking time out of my day, to do my best to help people who have questions, it is what I always do. If any of you had any ACTUAL questions about the plot, I would do my best to answer them. So far, all I see is you not liking that I won't make you a walkthrough, or force DWR to make one. I could just do like a lot of devs, and stop responding to these questions instead of trying to help...

So, again, I ask, is there a specific scene you are trying to get, or are you just going to keep wasting my time bitching at me about something I can't really control? Rather than complaining, you could make your own, I would have been happy to help where I can, it would be a lot more productive then bitching at me.

DWR Games

Creating Naughty Lyanna
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 28, 2018
I don't have a guide exactly, but someone who has seen all the achievements, have seen every possible scene. If anyone has any problems unlocking an achievement, let me know and I'll tell you how to get it.

Reactions: TheDevian

GreenDark

Jul 25, 2018
TheDevian
Listen, you keep missing the point and now you're accusing me of doing things I'm clearly not doing. It's getting annoying so I'll try to be brief.

Just read everything I said to you again but without bad faith or wild assumptions and misinterpretations.
I never told you or DWR to make a guide. I never asked for any information on the VN itself. I never criticized the VN for being the way it is. I was pointing out a specific behavior of yours I noticed and explaining why I think it's misleading for the people asking.

My point was very simple: The utility of a guide should not be dismissed as carelessly as you do it.

I usually don't assume the emotional state of people I'm talking to online, especially over text, but I think I can safely assume here that you're not fully calm anymore. There's no point in continuing this if that's the case as I'm not interested in a shouting match. If you still think I'm "bitching at you" feel free to not respond and I'll do the same.

Reactions: EndlessNights
4.30 star(s) 54 Votes