-FibaG-

Nov 9, 2018
I think this game will be more good if we get rid of this grindfest mechanic convert rpgm to renpy will solve the problem and everyone can enjoy just focus on the story without the useless repetitive gameplay...

Maybe someone who know will solve this problem and I bet the game would be much better..

HoodedSilence

That which passes is forgotten.
Game Developer
Jan 18, 2023
I think this game will be more good if we get rid of this grindfest mechanic convert rpgm to renpy will solve the problem and everyone can enjoy just focus on the story without the useless repetitive gameplay...

Maybe someone who know will solve this problem and I bet the game would be much better..
I love how everyone assumes Ren'Py is the cure of all ills, different engine and different design principles with it's own inherent limitations so unless you're talking a ground up rewrite and redone artwork it's not likely to happen unless there's incentive and to be honest Ren'Py isn't that hot when it comes to combat mechanics as given by other games.

The main problems with this game is the lack of consistency and clarity of mechanics, let alone how they interact given the comments above.

Ion.TemUS

Jun 8, 2017
Ah good to know. Thanks Grotest.

Also for those of you who don't wanna spend the 12-15 hours I spent grinding to beat the game initially. Here's my NG+ with all of the cg unlocked (besides the endings). If you want the endings, they will tell you how to get them. I only have the normal ending so far. You should be strong enough that you don't need to grind and I cheated to max out the high def cams so all of the maps will have high def cams already pre-installed for your convenience. Kana is lvl 30 though so you'll need to grind the dungeons to raise the levels otherwise you won't see any in dungeon hcgs.

It's not a full save but eh it gets across like 90% of the cgs this way. You can modify her submission levels in the cg room also if you want to experience the events organically too (NG+ feature)
Can this save be used for a new NG+ ?
I am looking for an easy way to get a NG+ with reasonably high level of MC and Kana and the curse card so I can freely go through levels with relative ease but also can put the curse card on her and farm h-scenes.

Ion.TemUS

Jun 8, 2017
Damn this game is frustrating. I've wasted like 4H and killed the first boss in the haunted mansion.
But after all that time, not a single scene, but 1 rando unlock in the dream room. Who knows why that one or how.
Some totally rando, out of context, NTR bath scene, but w/o any kind of context it's like 'who cares?'
Why is she in that spot in the first place?

And most of that time was just plain wasted randomly running around in the city at night time looking in every nook 'n cranny to find the girl.
I stashed a bunch of cameras in that mansion too and honestly, I have no clue why I bothered. Running back 'n forth to the monitor room, wasting time trying to get there each time the heart rate monitor turned away from blue, but never getting anything.
If the shtick is that you have to have cameras in literally every possible place, then the money you get is ridiculously low, since I'd need 10s of thousands just for that first place alone, as each room seems to have a camera location.
Only to once again, hope for an RNG chance of I dunno what. And all I got is 2500 to 'finish' the mansion crawling and a meager 1K as pocket money, while cameras go for way too much to afford a bunch of them.

After all, the game never tells you what to do with the cameras or how the system is supposed to work. You just randomly find a few cameras in a box & all you are told is 'you can setup cameras'.
But what for? Don't know. :unsure:
How the H system works? Don't know. All the game tells you is to complete the dungeon.

I just don't get it. So far it's basically just an unguided mess.
I'm starting to get the urge to just cheat the gallery here and be done with it as it feels like just a lot of busywork for absolutely no payoff.
This game must've sold itself on it's artwork, which it sure did for me. But playing it ... it's annoying as all hell and I'd likely want a refund if I paid for it (though post 2H it'd been too late).

And to be fair ... even after reading through this thread, I still don't feel like I have any idea what this game expects of me (to get any kind of scene) other than 'just waste time farming ghosts to finish dungeons'.
One major problem I found with the game definitely was that sometimes you get one scene indicated (i.e. you see her being harassed in the (maid) cafe and (as a player) "choose to ignore it", just for you to go to bed later and in the dream world get a COMPLETELY different scene that is not in the cafe.

Garganiaz

Dec 6, 2022
One major problem I found with the game definitely was that sometimes you get one scene indicated (i.e. you see her being harassed in the (maid) cafe and (as a player) "choose to ignore it", just for you to go to bed later and in the dream world get a COMPLETELY different scene that is not in the cafe.
yah, i also feel the same about that, is that intentional or something?

Terix3

Aug 2, 2017
I love how everyone assumes Ren'Py is the cure of all ills, different engine and different design principles with it's own inherent limitations so unless you're talking a ground up rewrite and redone artwork it's not likely to happen unless there's incentive and to be honest Ren'Py isn't that hot when it comes to combat mechanics as given by other games.

The main problems with this game is the lack of consistency and clarity of mechanics, let alone how they interact given the comments above.
RPGM allows for much more than renpy and also makes some stuff easier - for example scenes don't need detailed background because RPGM by nature will tell player where the scene is happening. However so often RPGM is not used for its advantages but to "occupy" the player. Writing worthwhile story that would keep player engaged for few hours is actually pretty difficult. It is much easier to just create some grind and give player feeling they are getting their money worth that way.

I think that is the case here - while the idea of subtly controlling where the girl goes and spying how she is doing is neat, it just doesn't carry the grind. Especially the night exorcisms do not bring anything, just waste your time. Honestly if during day you wouldn't fight but just open/cloes door, place supplies and call/spy on her the experience would be just better. Yea there is nothing worthwhile about combat in this game and aspects of RPGM like character development, word building, pixel art "behind door" action just don't exist.

Ion.TemUS

Jun 8, 2017
what do the 4 npcs + 1 bush in ria's dream world mean?
again
it seems these are the places around town that you can visit
and by turning the lights off, you can disable those locations.
so if you already have a ton of scenes in one area (i.e. the Park or Bar) or don't want the scenes in there, you can turn those locations off.

Although Im unsure about how it could prevent other scenes, such as for example the special bar-date scene that needs the cafe to be established, so if the cafe is disabled (idk if the cafe can be disabled tho, I dont remember) would it still happen? I think not.

opangyou

Apr 22, 2020
any spoiler how Lawrence blackmailed Kana from the beginning? havent completed any ending yet so far just curious

i mean if we talk about the classic doujin way, they mostly use sex tape, nude pic, etc etc
but i dont think thats the case no ?

S3vatari0n

May 9, 2020
any spoiler how Lawrence blackmailed Kana from the beginning? havent completed any ending yet so far just curious

i mean if we talk about the classic doujin way, they mostly use sex tape, nude pic, etc etc
but i dont think thats the case no ?
Kana is directly related to the haunting in the town and Lawrence is the only one who knows.

Apr 24, 2018
Can this save be used for a new NG+ ?
I am looking for an easy way to get a NG+ with reasonably high level of MC and Kana and the curse card so I can freely go through levels with relative ease but also can put the curse card on her and farm h-scenes.
I got you. Here's a NG+ ready save file so just talk to the fairy to set up your NG+ and what you want to carry over. I had just gotten Bad End 1 with it but that should give you 2 curse cards to really tank her stats for the hscenes in the dungeons.

Just remember if you don't like the names to just change it via a save editor. You'll need to unlock the hcg room again as I had it hidden again to keep track of my progress. Let me know if it works or doesn't!

May 13, 2018
Based on the comments I read, the game has an interesting concept. Thinking about it, I actually wanted a similar concept but with both the girl and the boy monitoring each other and trying not to get themselves to be cucked. Maybe divide the time where you control the girl at day and the boy at night or vice versa.

theblasbla

Feb 2, 2018
I think SOME grind is necessary to establish a sense of progression.

The two most important parts of story telling in NTR games is Consistency and Progression in my opinion. Sadly in this game the progression is grindy as fuck and there's basically no consistency between the Exploration H Scenes and the Town H Scenes.

Still a fun game to try and figure out the mechanics off, and the art is good.

acerola1313

Oct 16, 2021
Damn this is amazing game that really suit my taste, NTR stuff with many interaction... Any recommendations another games like this guys?

atomicmr

Nov 23, 2021
how do you trigger your first actual sex scene? I have 800 submission and 600 affection but I've only seen the non-penetrative stuff during daytime and nighttime. am i the unluckiest person ever of the stupidest one ever?

HoodedSilence

That which passes is forgotten.
Game Developer
Jan 18, 2023
Based on the comments I read, the game has an interesting concept. Thinking about it, I actually wanted a similar concept but with both the girl and the boy monitoring each other and trying not to get themselves to be cucked. Maybe divide the time where you control the girl at day and the boy at night or vice versa.
A better system would be to reduce player agency based on actions, such as:

• ± Affection by doing or not doing actions, such as forgetting to share a meal, providing aid in combat
  • ± Monitoring system that's more organic, this game has the seeds of that element where you get feedback from other NPCs about where Kana is but it can be so much more telling you when certain levels are reached to give hints about what's going on.
  • Date events; a scored system on how well you know your partner doesn't have be rocket science material but rather information you gain organically playing through the game. It's a system that can guide and reward players to what they're doing right or wrong, or of course to drive the partner towards a 'fallen' state.
  • Too many games rely on the protagonist being dumb, instead of this have a intelligent guy but the the 'enemy' being just as intelligent or more than so that at leading their partner astray without purely relying on gimmicks like hypno, drugs, etc is more believable. Such McGuffins can be used but not as club, after all most people resist change unless there's a good reason to do so.
  • With an intelligent protagonist have them actively try and prevent events or sabotage the enemy, more tricky to write but would give an entertaining twist such as when the 'enemy' thinks he's going to date the Mark he ends up in a comical situation such as the Blue Oyster (Police Academy reference).
  • Engage the player, have a reason for the events. In this game it'd be better if the spirit was an agency that's working to force the two characters into actions when they fell in combat that'd push towards it's master plan, and the more you lose the harder it is to gain trust/strength/levels and alternatively reward the player for doing well by increasing the skills and trust. Doesn't play into the trope that all must fall, but there's a sizeable amount of the NTR base that likes to play a Virgin Run so why not combine the two and make it challenging to stay faithful or for them to fall. Of course this wouldn't appeal those who want images to fap to but this is an entertainment medium so just give a gallery unlocker to appease them.
  • The 'enemy' should be subtle, and should start innocent before escalating based on the above systems. If a partner feels spurned then that'd make them favourable to other advances and so on. If they're a non-virgin then the fall can be accelerated compared to a 'innocent' girl who wants to remain faithful. After all they don't know about the 'fun' they are missing. Alternatively instead of an innocent mark, make them prideful which leads them down paths they think they can handle.
  • Discovery, a lot of times this assumes the protagonist is dumb this but game gives you a succubus as a 'warning' which is a good method, but the lack of tracking of what scenes you have collected makes it more challenging. That should be player choice, or at least for any NG+ gallery hunters.
  • The more you move to either Innocent/Fallen should affect what choices and events that happens, again this game has some mechanics towards this but it's lack of clarity and player control makes it a frustrating experience for the majority of players and those that remain are probably masochistic.
I'm probably off-base for what this community wants, but I'd just share some thoughts about game mechanics and how things can be far more interesting/challenging other than doing speedruns to get the events you want. Often it's the story around the event can be as interesting as the events aka how they got there gives meaning to what's going on and that rewards the player for their actions. After all it's an RPG ∴ all players know they get 'rewards' when they do well.

3.40 star(s) 42 Votes