tsunku

Engaged Member
Nov 6, 2017
Nope. Anything that is of near human appearance counts. Sure the original phrase was a translation of one used by a robotics professor but as the first Google link says "The phenomenon is a consideration in a number of areas of design including robotics, video game art, training simulators and 3-D animation."
i really hate it when ppl change things that have long been well defined, it wasn't a robotics professor, it was science fiction authors who first coined the term. it was only ever used in relation to androids that looked human because no one could tell if they were human or not. games/training sims/3-d animation do not count because you can easily tell those are not real things. also yes i know english is a living language and definitions change all the time, i just disagree with this one changing like that except maybe in the case of someone with a mental illness who is unable to distinguish reality from fantasy. so any ire i feel about it is not aimed at you or anyone in particular, it's just the usage of the word in a way i feel is incorrect to years of previous usage.

• Angry
Reactions: DaedricLover

fssntuff

Sep 15, 2018
i really hate it when ppl change things that have long been well defined, it wasn't a robotics professor, it was science fiction authors who first coined the term. it was only ever used in relation to androids that looked human because no one could tell if they were human or not. games/training sims/3-d animation do not count because you can easily tell those are not real things. also yes i know english is a living language and definitions change all the time, i just disagree with this one changing like that except maybe in the case of someone with a mental illness who is unable to distinguish reality from fantasy. so any ire i feel about it is not aimed at you or anyone in particular, it's just the usage of the word in a way i feel is incorrect to years of previous usage.

*nods* The term "Androiod" or "Androides" goes back to 1720's in reference to written discourse about Albertus Magnus (Alchemist in 1200's) and the creation of a artificial man. It first appears in a U.S. Patent in 1863 for a miniature, human shaped toy automatons. Sci Fiction goes to the 1940's when it began to appear as a theme.

Robots are mechanical or biologic devices. They may or may not look human.
Android is a human shaped mechanical or biological device. It may be sentient. However it is a created device, and can be mass produced.

Cyborgs humans that have been modified with mechanical or biological devices. Either because of trauma to restore quality of life, or to enhance human capabilities.

This is what I learned, and I think it still holds true to this day.

Cheers.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Accept this gracious present of our happy go lucky water goddesses saving MC from a meager boring tacked on existence and giving the excitement of candor, warmth, funky, fluffy, perky, happy go lucky peace of mind and completion of sweet dreamy house sitting your fantastic bombshells;)!

dstarfire

Jul 13, 2017
You can decide if the friend is male or female at the beginning and they stay that way.

MC growing a neko tail is the only transformation I know of.

The dev never put the tags on and I don't think it belongs there.
Thank you. Yeah, that doesn't fit the "transformation" tag. I can't imagine anybody would consider growing a tail (when other characters are furries) as a genre-defining element, or even noteworthy (and that's after accounting for the diverse range of tastes on this forum).

mecha_froggy

Oct 17, 2018
Cyborgs humans that have been modified with mechanical or biological devices. Either because of trauma to restore quality of life, or to enhance human capabilities.
Ah but where does one draw the line? Is someone with a pacemaker a cyborg? An artificial hip? Plastic knee replacement? Or is there some unwritten percentage of body mass that must be reached before we can call someone a cyborg? And even then, a person with artificial eyes is still replacing less body mass than someone with an artificial heart.

Cyborg is also a blurry, hard to define term as well is what I'm getting at, just like android. Just how human-like does a robot have to be before they qualify as an android? Does C3PO make the cut? Or does it have be something like the dolls in Ghost in the Shell? Or is it somewhere in between?

Guyin Cognito

Gentleman Pervert
Donor
Feb 23, 2018
Do you have any idea how many books are titled "The Uninvited" ? It was hell to find the one I was looking for when I bought it on Amazon. Point is, titles can be repeated. To copyright a title you would have to make it into a logo or make up a fake word.

EDIT to avoid double posting:

Just my 2 cents... the Egyptian one needs to have way darker skin, being, y'know, Egyptian and all that. Otherwise everything looks great!
Actually, I might have thought that too, up until about a year or two ago. A lot of different peoples live in Egypt today, but actual Egyptians are more Middle Eastern than African in origin, and their skin is relatively light.
I found this, if you're curious.

Also, if you google "Egyptian skin tone" you find that there is a lot of debate about that topic.

Last edited:

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Cats are sacred and revered ... therefore no problem of any hide tone / stripe / shade / fluff
will ever phase any cat around them parts ;)!

Specter2470

Aug 12, 2019
Super short demo, but shows promise. The girls are REALLY cute - I like Neko and this could be great

ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018
Alorth has done something i wondered if he could do..and he did it with great excellence...and may be..(as i have NEVER seen it done) a first for daz or HS(meaning he arted it himself YO! ) so sub to him or beg to see what he did..its beautiful..and you'll appreciate it if you get to see it :D

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Just updated the thread ... ThunderRob ... BRING THE THUNDER!!!!

gAME oN! new V0.03b out and about around the forum ... Come all!

Get your kindness for the day!!!

muttdoggy ... caN WE get a promotion to the updates wall? ...Pretty please, Oh .. supreme mod ...!

UnoriginalUserName

Engaged Member
Sep 3, 2017
The game would greatly benefit from a "move time forwards" button near the time of day icons. I know you can just go back to the bedroom and rest, but a simple "skip" option would be preferable.

Speaking of the time of day icons, I find it a bit weird they go from right to left instead of left to right, at least in an English game.

Reactions: MadCore and McWoodz

ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018
furthering my previous comment..i'm going to give you a tiny wee teaser...see if you can figure out why this is or may be a first and showcases this dev's artistic ability...if you can figure it out(those on my discord hush :p ) i'll send a virtual hug to the crack-ho of your choice!
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
also..SUB to his patreon..he's a good guy with massive talent...lets help him continue to produce stunning artistry thats up there with the very best.

• Wow
Reactions: Canto Forte

Rhialto

Jan 29, 2018
Accept this gracious present of our happy go lucky water goddesses saving MC from a meager boring tacked on existence and giving the excitement of candor, warmth, funky, fluffy, perky, happy go lucky peace of mind and completion of sweet dreamy house sitting your fantastic bombshells;)!
In your signature area, what is the woman walking from?

4.00 star(s) 86 Votes