Other than lewd content, a big focus for the next update should be…

• Simplifying choices

Votes: 15 20.8%
  • Filling out existing turns with content

Votes: 34 47.2%
  • Further improve walkthrough

Votes: 16 22.2%
  • Cleaning up renders and grammar

Votes: 7 9.7%

• Total voters

Morsin

Aug 13, 2020
God damn still thinking about this girl and how I want her to straddle ace. Can't wait dev, you really struck gold.

The party mechanic is an awesome way to cut across the grind that other games with similar mechanics fall into. Turn based, but in one place, makes for no grind, but still a sense of development. Well done.

ept

Aug 26, 2022
This is... quite... buggy. Several turns I can't do any action at all. Random things starting with one character when I click on a different one. It's... inconsistent.

A different idea, good models, but just too buggy.

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Update:

Demo 0.06 Hotfix released for PC and Mac. The following bugs should be resolved:

- A floating door after interacting with Benji
- A floating curtain in some scenes
- Multiple image duplicates on home screen
- Inability to trigger Emma’s scene with Ace in the laundry room
- The placeholder name ‘MC’ being shown instead of the user-defined name.
- Hint button not working after Rumor System is turned on
- Receiving a promise of reward from Abbie yet not seeing the BJ or HJ scene after telling Emma her boyfriend isn't cheating
- Fixed dialogue choices that are dependent on personality from not showing up
- Fixed Malik being highlighted with help button during Turn 1 before he can be interacted with
- Fixed help button not highlighting the hallway and backyard for Jasmine and Abbie scenes.
- Fixed Darius not using Ace’s nickname for you (which is just the player-defined MC name + a prefix that phallically insults you based on first letter, ex. Crayon Cock Cameron, Inch Long Ian, etc.)

Old saves may not work with this version.

Let me know if you guys find any further bugs.
I guess this was what broke my save from the first release? I just want to say, you are not making a simple VN that we can fast forward through. You have heavy freeroam and sandbox gameplay that we have to meticulously play through to try and end up in the same state we had before the saves broke. Once or twice early on in development is understandable to some degree, but really try to plan your routes, variables, and flags ahead so it doesn't keep happening, dude.

As for me, just this once is enough. I've dealt with constant save breaks in long sandbox games enough to know I can't be bothered anymore.

Reactions: hitmanbhi

NemesisGames

Nemesis Party: NTR, or NOT
Game Developer
Feb 13, 2022
I guess this was what broke my save from the first release? I just want to say, you are not making a simple VN that we can fast forward through. You have heavy freeroam and sandbox gameplay that we have to meticulously play through to try and end up in the same state we had before the saves broke. Once or twice early on in development is understandable to some degree, but really try to plan your routes, variables, and flags ahead so it doesn't keep happening, dude.

As for me, just this once is enough. I've dealt with constant save breaks in long sandbox games enough to know I can't be bothered anymore.
I totally get your frustration. I would be, too.

The game is like a carpet: you use it as a whole object when really it’s made of interwoven threads.

Asking me to update the code without breaking previous saves is like asking me to pull a single thread without affecting the rest of the carpet. It’s not possible.

Neither can I plan which variables and flags will be necessary in a game of this complexity (with nested loops within loops and miles-long elsif statements) because I cannot fix a problem until I’ve created it.

This is why v0.06 has a disclaimer before the game starts: This game is in development. Previous saves may not work with future version.

When I first uploaded this game, I did so without the [VN] tag, so that players don’t expect my updates to be a simple episode-by-episode addition of renders and branching menu options. Unfortunately a moderator added the tag on their own.

I’ll cite your post when I request that they remove the tag. By now it should be clear that it’s a sandbox game with visual novel elements, not a visual novel with sandbox elements.

And, since I’m on the topic, I wanted to note that I make save-breaking updates because I listen to complaints and feedback from players to the make gameplay better which each version.

I don’t want the quality of v0.15 to be limited by some stupid variable I set during v0.07.

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
I totally get your frustration. I would be, too.

The game is like a carpet: you use it as a whole object when really it’s made of interwoven threads.

Asking me to update the code without breaking previous saves is like asking me to pull a single thread without affecting the rest of the carpet. It’s not possible.

Neither can I plan which variables and flags will be necessary in a game of this complexity (with nested loops within loops and miles-long elsif statements) because I cannot fix a problem until I’ve created it.

This is why v0.06 has a disclaimer before the game starts: This game is in development. Previous saves may not work with future version.

When I first uploaded this game, I did so without the [VN] tag, so that players don’t expect my updates to be a simple episode-by-episode addition of renders and branching menu options. Unfortunately a moderator added the tag on their own.

I’ll cite your post when I request that they remove the tag. By now it should be clear that it’s a sandbox game with visual novel elements, not a visual novel with sandbox elements.

And, since I’m on the topic, I wanted to note that I make save-breaking updates because I listen to complaints and feedback from players to the make gameplay better which each version.

I don’t want the quality of v0.15 to be limited by some stupid variable I set during v0.07.
As an opposing viewpoint, I wouldnt worry about this until the game has enough content for a playthrough to take maybe >30 minutes. As it is now, you can fly through a new game to end in about 10 minutes; so I don't know why people are worried about saves.

When it does get longer, one remedy you might consider as some other devs have done is putting "jumping off" points at various locations where the player can start a new game say on turn 10, 20, etc, from the main menu and fill important variables by prompting them 'High or low nemesis score with Emma? With Abby? Lily?" etc.

NemesisGames

Nemesis Party: NTR, or NOT
Game Developer
Feb 13, 2022
As an opposing viewpoint, I wouldnt worry about this until the game has enough content for a playthrough to take maybe >30 minutes. As it is now, you can fly through a new game to end in about 10 minutes; so I don't know why people are worried about saves.

When it does get longer, one remedy you might consider as some other devs have done is putting "jumping off" points at various locations where the player can start a new game say on turn 10, 20, etc, from the main menu and fill important variables by prompting them 'High or low nemesis score with Emma? With Abby? Lily?" etc.
That’s a really good idea. I’ve seen it done in a few games but never considered it as an option for myself.

It’s so weird that it’s only 10 min playtime. An early tester told me it was an hour, so that’s given me the wrong impression.

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
That’s a really good idea. I’ve seen it done in a few games but never considered it as an option for myself.

It’s so weird that it’s only 10 min playtime. An early tester told me it was an hour, so that’s given me the wrong impression.
Ah, my estimate was for a returning player who had a save at the end of an old version and simply wanted to see the new stuff; as in, they could fly through the old content until they got to the newest update - this was in direct response to people complaining about old saves not working.

Indeed, if it were someone's first time playing the game and they were reading each scene carefully, it'd be closer to an hour.

BBC King

May 8, 2021
I like the concept, NTR meets "House Party". That being said, muscular white guy with face tattoos...interesting choice for the bull/nemesis.

Reactions: hitmanbhi
4.10 star(s) 13 Votes