MSGTNP

Feb 5, 2020
For my skills... yes! For me it's more feasible, even for the animations, the choice of 3D. My 2D "art" is at programmer level :LOL::cry:
That makes sense. From what I've seen, alot of people mention it's easier doing 3D than 2D. Since I can only draw 2D anime and I'm no programmer, I have to take them at their word lol

Not to sound like a idiot again but how much content in general do you plan on adding that wasn't in the original which already had a pretty good amount of things to pick from even If you couldn't go into depth with them such as create slave blood lines through breeding or war breaking out between your Arcology and another or a old world nation. That's where I could see your religion come in, giving you zealot troops that convert pops and slaves to your Arcology. Being able to customize it like a corrupted catholic or Shinto religion wouldn't hurt for flavor lol What about fantasy like stuff? They had impressive surgery technology in the original. Couldn't I create a "Elf" or tentacle man race and condemn all other races? I'm not racist or anything, just asking If that ever be a possibility lol

I do agree with meh but it's largely a tech demo just to give us a picture. Hopefully It run a bit better in the future lol

Reactions: Legionary JR-586

Legionary JR-586

Legionary of a lost legion.
Game Developer
Jul 26, 2020
Not to sound like a idiot again but how much content in general do you plan on adding that wasn't in the original which already had a pretty good amount of things to pick from even If you couldn't go into depth with them such as create slave blood lines through breeding or war breaking out between your Arcology and another or a old world nation.
So, content wise, it will be a mix. I'm using vanilla plus pregmod as a base, so most content i plan to include. Some of it will be changed to fit my vision of the game, such as the "future societies", speaking of which i also played Chattel Religionism, so did get my zealot troops, i like i said, do intent to add them plus other option for those who want different game play. Plus you will be able if you want, to create your own slave sons/daughters troops, and (if you want) indoctrinate a religious dogma into them.

One thing that i won't bee adding is other arcologys interaction. In this iteration, i plan of focusing on world diplomacy and interactions and events.

That's where I could see your religion come in, giving you zealot troops that convert pops and slaves to your Arcology.
This action performed by troops, no. By agents, yes. (different play styles / orders)

What about fantasy like stuff? They had impressive surgery technology in the original. Couldn't I create a "Elf" or tentacle man race and condemn all other races? I'm not racist or anything, just asking If that ever be a possibility lol
I know you could add things like horns and cat like eye, but this also, i don't have that planned for this iteration. I have my hands quite full at the moment, but in the future who knows.

I get its barebones, but the fact you can't do ANYTHING. This is literally just a UI and animation test.
Just saying, its kind of frustrating.
I do agree with meh but it's largely a tech demo just to give us a picture. Hopefully It run a bit better in the future lol
I know, that's why there's a request in the description to not download if you are looking for something playable. Comeback and check it out when it leaves the "demo" phase... in about 2/3 builds. Thank you all for the feedback.

Reactions: Reij

Legionary JR-586

Game Developer
Jul 26, 2020
I'll preapologize for even saying this

But making Free Cities into a 3D game feels like its just going to devote a ton of work hours into the part of the game no one played free cities for.
No need to apologise. What do you think people played Free Cities?

meh65

Aug 8, 2016
So, content wise, it will be a mix. I'm using vanilla plus pregmod as a base, so most content i plan to include. Some of it will be changed to fit my vision of the game, such as the "future societies", speaking of which i also played Chattel Religionism, so did get my zealot troops, i like i said, do intent to add them plus other option for those who want different game play. Plus you will be able if you want, to create your own slave sons/daughters troops, and (if you want) indoctrinate a religious dogma into them.

One thing that i won't bee adding is other arcologys interaction. In this iteration, i plan of focusing on world diplomacy and interactions and events.

This action performed by troops, no. By agents, yes. (different play styles / orders)

I know you could add things like horns and cat like eye, but this also, i don't have that planned for this iteration. I have my hands quite full at the moment, but in the future who knows.

I know, that's why there's a request in the description to not download if you are looking for something playable. Comeback and check it out when it leaves the "demo" phase... in about 2/3 builds. Thank you all for the feedback.
I understand the note and upfrontness
But you have a lot of placeholder stuff and released a "version" of it. That is reviewable and stuff.

Its just opening yourself up for massive hate/trolling when people see it in the game section and go "oh new game" "wait, this not new game."

With all the v000.1 as well as the new "demo" additions to titles I am seeing crop up. Seems the forum should just have "demo" sections. So people that are playing around with a game idea can post there in case they aren't fully committed yet.

Crimx42

Jul 7, 2017
No need to apologise. What do you think people played Free Cities?
I imagine its for the heavy development it offered, but without a poll I can't really speak for everyone. (Tho I understand that I already technically did in my previous post orz)
Free Cities lacked content, (It was only v0.10) but all the content was all about developing in almost any way imaginable.

If you have to associate appropriate images (or even more tasking, 3D Models) for every possible development, then it just seems logical that there will be less time to create new developments.

(Looks at Lab Rats 2 Crowd)

Legionary JR-586

Game Developer
Jul 26, 2020
Are there plans for gay and femboy content? There was a sudo effort made in the original FC i'd love if we get a more comprehensive FC.
Thank you for the question. Yes.

I understand the note and upfrontness
But you have a lot of placeholder stuff and released a "version" of it. That is reviewable and stuff.

Its just opening yourself up for massive hate/trolling when people see it in the game section and go "oh new game" "wait, this not new game."

With all the v000.1 as well as the new "demo" additions to titles I am seeing crop up. Seems the forum should just have "demo" sections. So people that are playing around with a game idea can post there in case they aren't fully committed yet.
I know i'm exposing myself, but most importantly, my project to hatred or are just simply "disregarding" it, but i wanted to see if there was an interest in the concept i have, and, i had to start the project somewhere, at sometime.... so i took the shot.
I have been met with overwhelming positive feedback, and got people's attention. I thank you all.
Overall, i am confident that the ones the where "lost", might be interested in the project in the future, as work continues, the game gets more fleshed out and i let my work speak for itself.
But i get it.... i need to "move" faster, and release these "demos" the least possible.

I imagine its for the heavy development it offered, but without a poll I can't really speak for everyone. (Tho I understand that I already technically did in my previous post orz)
Free Cities lacked content, (It was only v0.10) but all the content was all about developing in almost any way imaginable.

If you have to associate appropriate images (or even more tasking, 3D Models) for every possible development, then it just seems logical that there will be less time to create new developments.

(Looks at Lab Rats 2 Crowd)
Sure there will be limits, especially in this first game iteration. I don't promise everything for every body.
Right now there are body customizations that are not going to be addressed.... but has for the content, that is, what you will able to "perform" on the npc's, those limits do come in handy for things not getting out of hand.
I want to make the best game possible (with i have to work with), take the feedback from the people, and come back with a better one. I don't want this to be a solo release.
Thanks for the feedback.

MSGTNP

Feb 5, 2020

Hmm, I don't know If that's a good thing or bad thing If there isn't any other arcologies around. Do you plan on "your" arcology being the first to exist? From a story standpoint, that might be pretty interesting in a world that still mostly together compared to the original which seemed to give off a "fallout" like vibe where the world was already pretty gone, just without the nukes being fired off lol

Can your slaves be agents? Well for that matter, It be nice if you could have a slave be part of any part of your society. I wouldn't mind seeing some of my slaves being badasses in my military or military religious orders or even in positions that don't screw them over If you want to be a "nice" owner.

Well I mostly asking out of curiosity to see how far mutation/surgery could go. If you made this like Lilith's Throne or well like the original, there would oceans more content at the cost of no visuals.

Legionary JR-586

Game Developer
Jul 26, 2020
Hmm, I don't know If that's a good thing or bad thing If there isn't any other arcologies around. Do you plan on "your" arcology being the first to exist? From a story standpoint, that might be pretty interesting in a world that still mostly together compared to the original which seemed to give off a "fallout" like vibe where the world was already pretty gone, just without the nukes being fired off lol
Not the first, but certainly one of the early ones, and yes the world hasn't fully gone down the drain, and thats why it's important to keep a low profile and/or keep world relations good.
The IRL isolated arcology ( )

Can your slaves be agents? Well for that matter, It be nice if you could have a slave be part of any part of your society. I wouldn't mind seeing some of my slaves being badasses in my military or military religious orders or even in positions that don't screw them over If you want to be a "nice" owner.
Yes. Hitman, saboteurs, kidnappers, sleeper agents, recruiters, missionaries, etc... All depending on the slave level of devotion

Well I mostly asking out of curiosity to see how far mutation/surgery could go. If you made this like Lilith's Throne or well like the original, there would oceans more content at the cost of no visuals.
The body mods that i can "get away" with (no visual representation) i will add them of course. As for the one that must have visuals, (i have some, not many... some) that is something i have planned for development in the later dev stages.

Reactions: Jaxter

MSGTNP

Feb 5, 2020
What about governance? I found it pretty interesting to essentially adopt feudalism in the original with taking the Edo revival and taking my mercenaries as Knights whom essentially became nobles. In exchange for apartments(land) and slaves(servants), they would serve you militarily.

Legionary JR-586

Game Developer
Jul 26, 2020
What about governance? I found it pretty interesting to essentially adopt feudalism in the original with taking the Edo revival and taking my mercenaries as Knights whom essentially became nobles. In exchange for apartments(land) and slaves(servants), they would serve you militarily.
You can give rewards to the people you want, some in events, others by decree.
Example: set free some slaves, attributing them with a rudis if they perform well in combat/sports/whatever.
You will be able to reward citizens or servants similarly, by awarding them whit wealth, slaves, arcology space.
I want this type of action to be more personal, not a whole "group"... they will have different rewards (including prestige titles), incentives and prestige boosts (if applicable).

Reactions: aspar4gus

MSGTNP

Feb 5, 2020
You plan on keeping relationships the same when it comes to the PC? A slave wife before didn't really mean much lol
Hopefully I can make a dark, hellish underworld city or the opposite lol

Your idea's sound great so far but to implement all that will take a long time to do. Hopefully others will come along and help.

Legionary JR-586

Game Developer
Jul 26, 2020
You plan on keeping relationships the same when it comes to the PC? A slave wife before didn't really mean much lol
No. Im going to tweak the spouse system a bit. Depending if you marry a citizen or slaves, and their devotion to you, different actions will be available, event being an "extension" to the pc.
Hopefully I can make a dark, hellish underworld city or the opposite lol
Have you ever played "Black&White". I want visuals like that of the arcology. Changing according to player actions.

MSGTNP

Feb 5, 2020
No. Im going to tweak the spouse system a bit. Depending if you marry a citizen or slaves, and their devotion to you, different actions will be available, event being an "extension" to the pc.

Have you ever played "Black&White". I want visuals like that of the arcology. Changing according to player actions.
That's good to know and while I've watched video's of it, I haven't actually played It or it's sequel.

SoulRipper1990

Dec 22, 2017
Hmm one Tag say "no Sexual Content" but the fifth Screenshot say something different . So who is lying ? The "Tagger" or the Dev ? :unsure: :LOL:

Last edited:
3.80 star(s) 4 Votes