slick97

Dec 2, 2021
It seems I'm always late to the party when it comes to updates (whoops...). Anyways, v3.1 was a bit disappointing in terms of overall quality, especially in the character department. Since it's technically still spoilers I'll leave my thoughts behind a spoiler tag:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

BuuPlays - Please don't take my criticisms to heart as they're not meant to be a personal attack. Rather, they're intended to provide some of my thoughts about the current state of the story and what I hope to see improved in future updates.

There is a version of this where I could be completely wrong in my assessment and that the current state of the game is intentional. Without spoiling too much, there's this nagging thought in the back of my mind that the reason LIs gravitate towards the MC so strongly may be due to a passive ability of Nephilim - similar to the lust powers that succubi have. It could very well be revealed that Nephilim passively alter the way others see them, or encourages a positive predisposition to give them an advantage when dealing with humans. Perhaps this power is stronger with the angels which is why they're reveared by everyone despite being capable of producing overpowered monsters like Balthazar.

BuuPlays

Game Developer
Jun 30, 2022
Man... I fucked up big time in my judgement... Why didn't you say anything Buu?

Hiding it behind a spoiler since it most likely spoils a massive chunk of the story:
Love the insight and theories!
Sometimes I won't correct people if its part of the story that will be revealed later or if i want it to be up to each player to make their own thoughts about certain things. I look forward to when we reach points in the story where we get to see more of these characters.

Reactions: motseer and slick97

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
Man... I fucked up big time in my judgement... Why didn't you say anything Buu?

Hiding it behind a spoiler since it most likely spoils a massive chunk of the story:
Well... that was just damn insightful!! Kudos to BuuPlays for imagining such a lore rich story but, especially kudos to you, slick97, for picking up on so much lore this early on. I was already a big fan of this story but now I gotta start over and pay closer attention. Yeah, I guess I was lookin' for something to do anyway... :cool:

BuuPlays

Game Developer
Jun 30, 2022
Well... that was just damn insightful!! Kudos to BuuPlays for imagining such a lore rich story but, especially kudos to you, slick97, for picking up on so much lore this early on. I was already a big fan of this story but now I gotta start over and pay closer attention. Yeah, I guess I was lookin' for something to do anyway... :cool:
The best part about starting over, you get to enjoy Eliza all over again ;)

slick97

Dec 2, 2021
Getting to talk with some of the talented writers of popular upcoming AVNs has given me a bit more insight into how some of these stories are written. With Buu dipping into mythology there was only a few choices that make sense: Christianity/Judaism (and other monotheistic pantheons), Greek/Roman, or Egyptian.

The latter two mythologies I learned quite a bit about due to my fascination with the Percy Jackson series by Rick Riordan (and the Kane Chronicles). The monotheistic religions were ones I just couldn't get as engrossed in, but they're popular in a few TV series (Supernatural as an example) which all take some inspiration from the original myths.

The primary issue I came across when doing some background research is the lack of consistency on who the archangels were as each one had several different names. Castiel is the worst offender in that he has ~14 different titles, and his archangel status varies depending on which one is used. Thankfully, there's an Angel Dictionary written by Gustav Davidson that consolidated nearly all of the angels referenced in historical texts that I was able to piece some things together.

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
Getting to talk with some of the talented writers of popular upcoming AVNs has given me a bit more insight into how some of these stories are written. With Buu dipping into mythology there was only a few choices that make sense: Christianity/Judaism (and other monotheistic pantheons), Greek/Roman, or Egyptian.

The latter two mythologies I learned quite a bit about due to my fascination with the Percy Jackson series by Rick Riordan (and the Kane Chronicles). The monotheistic religions were ones I just couldn't get as engrossed in, but they're popular in a few TV series (Supernatural as an example) which all take some inspiration from the original myths.

The primary issue I came across when doing some background research is the lack of consistency on who the archangels were as each one had several different names. Castiel is the worst offender in that he has ~14 different titles, and his archangel status varies depending on which one is used. Thankfully, there's an Angel Dictionary written by Gustav Davidson that consolidated nearly all of the angels referenced in historical texts that I was able to piece some things together.
Something that might interest you... Long ago I considered myself a student of theologies and read avidly. Upon learning about the Aprocrypha (for those that don't know, that's books that were once part of but removed from the bible) I set about finding and reading them all. One book proved extremely unique and interesting... The Book of Enoch. When I finally found a copy at a public library I also discovered that I was only the third person to ever borrow that book and that it had been 83 years since the last person before me. I can tell you it is packed full of both Angelology and Demonology - at least some of which you possibly haven't seen before.

Again, those were some great insights into the lore of the story and I enjoyed reading what you wrote.

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
glad this game got reduced ... i was worried i'd have to buy another 10 tera drive :love:

4.10 star(s) 63 Votes