demidemon

Aug 31, 2016
honestly if this is the future of A.I. I welcome our new overlords

jokes aisde, ik a lot of people are aprehensive about A.I. but I see big potential in it, esp. in the following category:

artists could create original and creative concepts (such as the design of Saphira for example), then use A.I. to help increase their output and reduce their workload. I think A.I. art can be very useful. Much like it can help programmers write "boring" code and reduce workload. It could also help "enhance" the productivity of an artist, by the artist taking their own original designs and using them to produce more pictures in their own style with their created characters that would otherwise not be possible within the timeframe. It's making a couple of inferior clones of yourself to work as your artist assistants.
I too like AI art when they are good.

But I'd imagine that in few years most people will stop learning how to draw, body proportion, lighting and all. Instead they would be learning prompts for AI to draw what they want. Are the results really what their original thoughts when they have to pick from a set of given results? Is it still your creativity working if thousands of pictures are shoved up ur brain and washed away or diluted your original ideas?

There also probably won't be enough work/job and the pay per work will be less for every artist when things are 100 times easier and 100 times faster (if its not that efficient for now, it will be soon anyway). Will people still spend years learning and drawing to be a (traditional) artist? Even if they wanted to, can they get paid? Can they survive the training phase when it is already so difficult for many junior artists right now? Even if they managed to become a good artist, anything new they create would be immediately picked up by AI and massively "reproduced" by AI until it become nothing special. Will there still be people who insist on creating something new? Or are we doomed to let AI "create" new "art" for us?

darkslide5006

Jan 13, 2019
need a savefile that resumes v0.4 mine's broken. like FR broken. see, that one was bugged so i told myself i'll come back when the game is stable so i deleted it thinking that its gonna be a long time before bug fixes. now i see on patch notes that they had it fixed, altho not sure if that covers everything. if anyone has it, please drop the file. thanks

anon280

Nov 11, 2017
the lewd scenes along with the quality art and animation are really good in this - the fact they aren't short is what makes it so much better.
but the gameplay aspect is going to require a lot more work and surely will slow down the process, not to mention how many bugs there are
the strip mechanic is nice but i don't like how the art shows a nude character when she still has clothes on. and the time it takes for the naughty stuff to happen is too slow

John Bon Clay

Jul 14, 2020
I too like AI art when they are good.

But I'd imagine that in few years most people will stop learning how to draw, body proportion, lighting and all. Instead they would be learning prompts for AI to draw what they want. Are the results really what their original thoughts when they have to pick from a set of given results? Is it still your creativity working if thousands of pictures are shoved up ur brain and washed away or diluted your original ideas?

There also probably won't be enough work/job and the pay per work will be less for every artist when things are 100 times easier and 100 times faster (if its not that efficient for now, it will be soon anyway). Will people still spend years learning and drawing to be a (traditional) artist? Even if they wanted to, can they get paid? Can they survive the training phase when it is already so difficult for many junior artists right now? Even if they managed to become a good artist, anything new they create would be immediately picked up by AI and massively "reproduced" by AI until it become nothing special. Will there still be people who insist on creating something new? Or are we doomed to let AI "create" new "art" for us?
good points my way of thinking is,
Artists will always exist because some people likes to draw, they don't do it just for the profit. They like to create themselves.

No job is bulletproof for the future, some are more safe than others but artists will exist for quite some time yet. Hand made games may even become a luxury people will desire more of and it'll flourish. Like games per day rather than games compared to.

I bet most artists have a second profession already and it's something everyone should consider having as well, not just artists.

Got my political fix of the day, cheers! :coffee:

demidemon

Aug 31, 2016
Artists will always exist because some people likes to draw, they don't do it just for the profit. They like to create themselves.

No job is bulletproof for the future, some are more safe than others but artists will exist for quite some time yet. Hand made games may even become a luxury people will desire more of and it'll flourish. Like games per day rather than games compared to.

I bet most artists have a second profession already and it's something everyone should consider having as well, not just artists.

but can their skill level maintain when its only a hobby then? can new hobbyists learn as fast? even creativity can be trained (more or less) by repeatedly creating something new. I'm just not sure how we can keep our creativity at the same level when 99.99% of the songs/music, books, photos, models and movies are generated by AI. A lot of research been saying IQ score increase has slowed down since 1990s and now some even say the IQ score is decreasing now. I'm not surprised if creativity start decreasing too in the future.

I don't think AI can be stopped and I think it will soon replace most if not all professions. its just gonna happen whether we like it or not.

Last edited:
May 7, 2018
AI will eat at entry artists who make money for cheap fanart. But if you want any actual detail you'll pretty much always need a real person putting deliberate detail the whole time. Also professional design for anything actually well thought out world building backgrounds will necessitate excellent human art. Hopefully it brings back the elite technical elevation of artists instead of this current celebration of postpostmodern crap

Ion.TemUS

Jun 8, 2017

I can see the landscape getting more varied actually. Obviously there might be downsides. But look at todays climate. Art comissions are incredibly expensive already unless the artist themsevles take great care to make it affordable for people, cause if they put their prices just close to their competition the prices would be (and are) incredibly high on a per comission basis and artists are most of the time working on projects to the breaking point, so they can't produce much more. I can see art becoming a bit less expensive overall, but I feel there is going to be a lot of room for "luxury" art - which takes a lot of manual effort - becoming more expensive, and follow-ups of already drawn art-pieces becoming more affordable (an artist can hand-draw a high quality picture and use an A.I. trained on their artstyle to draw more of said picture in slightly different positions and scenarios).

Here is the positives I can see coming out of it:

- (As stated in my last post), artists can now handle more comissions because of A.I. support. That includes:
-- letting A.I. draw up sketches to find inspiration and see if something would "look good" conceptually
-- replicating already drawn pictures in altered form (big for games and manga/comics/webtoons)

- It will probably great for the Indie (gaming and drawing) industry to get people started who have skill and creativity but can not yet afford actual staff

- It will be a great starting point for people who are not as good at drawing yet to support their hobby, being able to do background characters and landscapes partially with A.I., have A.I. correct parts of their works or let them conjure up quick sketches to have a visual to work off of

- It will be great for people with no artistic talent that have a vivid imagination. All these people that love to write stories, are really good at it too, but don't have an artist friend, can't draw themselves (handicapped, not enough time to dedicate to the craft, etc.). Imagine all those great pixel-art games who were done because the dev couldn't draw that can now be supported and supplemented with the occasional CG-cutin or character sprites (I love pixelart, not saying it has no place, just saying sometimes art enhances the experience of them) or all the h-stories out their in different fanfic or hentai-forums that could now take actual shape in the form of mangas, comics, games, etc.

I think the benefits outweight the negatives and I think there is still enough people who will learn to draw. If anything I feel it will make it more accessible for people. Much like free video editing program opened up the space for people interested in video/film creation, how CGI helped (after some time) improve the anime-creation-process, how the internet helped with the inception of webtoons of creators that would formerly have no chance to have their creativity witnessed.

Reactions: Axel34 and Ozygator

IDontGetWomen

Sep 9, 2021
Ok so do old saves just never work? This is the 2nd update where I try to use saves from a previous update patch, it loads in, but then there's no quests, no instructions on what to do next and sleeping doesn't activate anything either?

Reactions: dogihd
Jul 6, 2021
Does the game allow saves from previous versions yet? and how much progress has been made from v 0.1? I don't want to download this game just for barely anything to have changed and not even be able to use previous saves, thus forcing me to start from scratch.

Ozygator

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 15, 2016
but can their skill level maintain when its only a hobby then? can new hobbyists learn as fast? even creativity can be trained (more or less) by repeatedly creating something new. I'm just not sure how we can keep our creativity at the same level when 99.99% of the songs/music, books, photos, models and movies are generated by AI. A lot of research been saying IQ score increase has slowed down since 1990s and now some even say the IQ score is decreasing now. I'm not surprised if creativity start decreasing too in the future.

I don't think AI can be stopped and I think it will soon replace most if not all professions. its just gonna happen whether we like it or not.
You act like no one has EVER done any sort of art without getting paid for it.

That's just your foundation error in logic. Everything else you spout after that is simply not worth reading. People will *always* have imagination and creativity of some sort. AI will simply help the vast majority who DON'T have artistic talent be able to create what they envision. And yes, they will do it for free because they can, which is a good thing.

Reactions: Axel34
3.90 star(s) 24 Votes