4.30 star(s) 78 Votes
Apr 3, 2023
ive played through it multiple times now, and i really gotta say, i hate how youre always forced to just go with the flow, the whole game none of the answers really make a difference, theyre always the same damn thing at that, if its not a yes and yes its just a heart instead of i love you, its getting lame at this point, why have choices if theyre irrelevant or both the same damn thing. change that shit up and itll be beyond solid.

Sanon441

Aug 22, 2018
ive played through it multiple times now, and i really gotta say, i hate how youre always forced to just go with the flow, the whole game none of the answers really make a difference, theyre always the same damn thing at that, if its not a yes and yes its just a heart instead of i love you, its getting lame at this point, why have choices if theyre irrelevant or both the same damn thing. change that shit up and itll be beyond solid.
There is a phone game called MeChat that actually does a pretty good job with replies, Not many branching paths with each person but decent enough conversations with what at least feels like meaning full text conversations.

davee419

Formerly 'dongtimo'
Sep 17, 2020
There is a phone game called MeChat that actually does a pretty good job with replies, Not many branching paths with each person but decent enough conversations with what at least feels like meaning full text conversations.
you know any other games like that? thanks

Adamska

Nov 18, 2017
I felt the same way initially, but the more I read about the project history the more I realize it may be a technical beast the author/dev didn't plan to manage long term. I think this was meant to be a one-shot linear story that began to grow due to popularity. The "choices" were probably put in as breaks in the text so that players could step away from the keyboard or pause to read without missing a bunch of stuff as it falls off the log.

Over time it's felt like Stag has been going back and making text and coding changes to the Dom/Sub routes to make them feel more distinct. I realize the game won't have a "pick your kink" menu, but I do hope the final version sprinkles in distinct options to give the player agency (even simple "no thanks" exits to alter or skip some things) as there are definitely a few moments I don't love having to read through on replays.

AcornHunter

May 13, 2020
Well, unfortunately, it will be no different patches or branches. It will stay linear with a little additions to dialogues depends on 1 of 3 choices. Which means we as players cannot really choose or explore what we like and have to follow dev's visual novel and his vision of the game without real variations. This game has so much potential, but it's probable required a little bit more work than just generate AI images and type text, and with all popularity and donations there is no reason for dev go to actual creativity, branching, coding, etc. Much easier - here is 20 more images, 200 lines of text, boom.
Usually people replay games to explore all branches, all scenes, in this game it replaced by randomization of pictures you received. Well, it works... the question is for how long?

Dungeridoo

Sep 6, 2020
Replaying, I really do enjoy the occasional tiny interludes of ordinary conversation. Not every second of the game is "sex sex fuck sex". Discussing what to have for dinner, talking about when they'll come home from work, light-hearted non-sexual teasing, stuff like that is very effective at establishing the two main character's relationship and casual intimacy for each other. It also serves as a wonderful contrast for the main dish. I can't lavish enough praise for this work.

aqd

Jul 16, 2017
Another great update. As a whole the game is very linear, but a well-written and engaging linear story sure beats a fractally branching click-fest that never gets anywhere. Of course, I would like a bit more feeling of autonomy, but it does also work as-is.

Maybe the protag can (especially on a sub route) have some options to fail at having sex with his gf. Maybe he came too many times while she was away with her bull and can't get it up, maybe he came too fast and left her unsatisfied. Stuff like that would just be a few lines, doesn't need to be fully branching, but gives the feel of a bit more engagement. It could also lead to an extra scene where she's getting in extra sessions with her bull, or buys a new toy to help with her satisfaction.

More choice when reclaiming/interacting after she has a session with Nathan would be another source of engagement, but could be awkward to integrate into the phone game paradigm. She just sucked him off, does the protag kiss her right when she gets home? Does he ask her not to shower before he gets there? Does her go down on her right after raw sex? Doing it as part of the recap convo the next day also works. Choices that lead to new bits of text, teasing, or especially images are always great, even without a fully separate branching path.

I thought the voice-to-text scene was a nice change of pace to make it more immersive throughout a sex scene.

I'd like more squaregram posts, getting a bit more daring, but maybe also including Nathan at times, maybe accidentally. Like you didn't know she got together with him and you see his arm in a squaregram pic.

Love the image of the black lingerie with the red bows. Hoping she wears that or something similar for Nathan soon.

And yeah, an option of a different bull as a parallel path would be great, but that's a lot of extra work. I appreciate that le stag is going back and and fixing and editing earlier parts of the game. It's really getting quite polished.

sin(α)

Apr 11, 2020
There is a big red VN tag in the title. Which means Netorase Phone is a with all it's "goods" and "bads". That includes linear story, minimal gameplay, limited interaction etc. Blaming the game for that is like blaming a cat for not flying.

(Those "choices" are probably just meant to pause text scrolling.)

Adamska

Nov 18, 2017
That includes linear story
No it doesn't, you're confusing a visual novel with a kinetic novel. VNs often have choices and branches, so it's not unreasonable for readers to expect distinct outcomes when choices appear (or a unique story loop/adjusted text/etc. associated with the choice). A copy/paste from the link you posted: Non-linear branching storylines are a common trend in visual novels, which frequently use multiple branching storylines to achieve multiple different endings, allowing non-linear freedom of choice along the way, similar to a choose-your-own-adventure novel.

Apr 3, 2023
There is a big red VN tag in the title. Which means Netorase Phone is a with all it's "goods" and "bads". That includes linear story, minimal gameplay, limited interaction etc. Blaming the game for that is like blaming a cat for not flying.

oh trust me im aware, and like i said ive read through it multiple times, i like it truly, was just a suggestion for the dev. Saves me from having to go and try and make my own. This one already has the potential and is far better than any of the other similar titles out right now, in my opinion at least.

aqd

Jul 16, 2017
Le Stag

After going through a Dom/'alpha' playthrough I did learn some things. Doing an alpha playthrough of a game like this is obviously a fool's errand, but I just wanted to see how it would reacted to always saying 'no' to pictures and interactions, acting like you didn't really care about Laura, and just wanted to get in Ashley's pants. The railroading feels a lot stronger there. Like when you say 'No' to Laura she just responds "I'm going to need a 'yes'" and then your only choice box is a 'Yes' box. Or "Do you want to see what Nathan looks like?" "No" "Yes you do" (sends pic). This is possibly a strawman, since who wants to play a game to intentionally skip most of the content? Or an NTR game and then refuse the NTR? I was surprised that Laura decided 'no condoms' in this route, especially after picking all the "you definitely need to use condoms" options. I know that requires a few more artwork variations, but I think a dom protag should be controlling that decision and it felt forced coming from Laura. That was one of the biggest feelings of "Ah, so we need to end up in the exact same place on both routes". There were several scenes you could skip and pictures you could decline, but not lasting consequence for skipping them. On the sub route I thought the condom removal was because of my choices, but alas...

One note; I made a point to never say "I love you" in this playthrough, and I was really hoping for a consequence for that.

I feel that the side content with Ashley/Tara stands to be the most modular, easily avoided or not without having much impact on the main Laura storyline.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

There are a couple typos, but very minor. I think one or two lines that are out of place, like a bonus "hey what's up" in the middle of Nathan's texts or one line where the protag should say "I like it" and instead says something like "I want to". Next playthrough I'll try to take notes on where those are. There were one or two continuity errors when using the path of maximum avoidance, but again, that's probably an unrealistic path for 99% of players. I will try to take better notes next time to point them out specifically.

Mechanically the factory reset on the phone only cleared out the first 10 save slots, and the game needed to be restarted entirely before anything would work. Minor stuff though. So many of the other errors were fixed, so that's good. Overall the game is still a 9/10 with great emotional attachment to Laura and well-written ntrs. I do wish decision carried just a little more weight.

Aksy

Sep 24, 2017
Hey, I'm getting there but it's really hard to get more pictures now tbh... I don't have a fucking clue how to do it more now
if you have some idea, gimme... (at least I got Ashely 10th picture)
I'm missing 22 pictures but as you see... I can get 22/22 so... there's a lot to do I guess ( as of chapter 20 version 0.9.1)

Credit to @meuh_trashfor the "download"

Last edited:

meuh_trash

Mar 1, 2020
Hey, I'm getting there but it's really hard to get more pictures now tbh... I don't have a fucking clue how to do it more now
if you have some idea, gimme (I didn't do a submissive route yet so I guess I could get like 20-30 more but that's all I think)
I'm missing 45 pictures but as you see... I can get 22/45 so... there's a lot more of hidden girls yet to be discovered as of chapter 20 (version 0.9.1)
Seems to me you have to "download" some squaregram pictures to make them count

Reactions: Aksy
Jan 17, 2023
Le Stag

After going through a Dom/'alpha' playthrough I did learn some things. Doing an alpha playthrough of a game like this is obviously a fool's errand, but I just wanted to see how it would reacted to always saying 'no' to pictures and interactions, acting like you didn't really care about Laura, and just wanted to get in Ashley's pants. The railroading feels a lot stronger there. Like when you say 'No' to Laura she just responds "I'm going to need a 'yes'" and then your only choice box is a 'Yes' box. Or "Do you want to see what Nathan looks like?" "No" "Yes you do" (sends pic). This is possibly a strawman, since who wants to play a game to intentionally skip most of the content? Or an NTR game and then refuse the NTR? I was surprised that Laura decided 'no condoms' in this route, especially after picking all the "you definitely need to use condoms" options. I know that requires a few more artwork variations, but I think a dom protag should be controlling that decision and it felt forced coming from Laura. That was one of the biggest feelings of "Ah, so we need to end up in the exact same place on both routes". There were several scenes you could skip and pictures you could decline, but not lasting consequence for skipping them. On the sub route I thought the condom removal was because of my choices, but alas...

One note; I made a point to never say "I love you" in this playthrough, and I was really hoping for a consequence for that.

I feel that the side content with Ashley/Tara stands to be the most modular, easily avoided or not without having much impact on the main Laura storyline.

There are a couple typos, but very minor. I think one or two lines that are out of place, like a bonus "hey what's up" in the middle of Nathan's texts or one line where the protag should say "I like it" and instead says something like "I want to". Next playthrough I'll try to take notes on where those are. There were one or two continuity errors when using the path of maximum avoidance, but again, that's probably an unrealistic path for 99% of players. I will try to take better notes next time to point them out specifically.

Mechanically the factory reset on the phone only cleared out the first 10 save slots, and the game needed to be restarted entirely before anything would work. Minor stuff though. So many of the other errors were fixed, so that's good. Overall the game is still a 9/10 with great emotional attachment to Laura and well-written ntrs. I do wish decision carried just a little more weight.
Agreed on my first play I wasn’t too interested in Ashley, but replaying I definitely want more interaction, have her be a really filthy influence on both mc and laura

Reactions: Xakorik

AcornHunter

May 13, 2020

Obviously you mistaken Visual Novel with Kinetic Novel.
Linear story - Kinetic Novel
Story with branches - Visual Novel.
For example, Being a DIK and College Kings are also VN - Visual Novels, but I hope you understand they are not linear and they don't have minimal gameplay and limited interaction.

I do like the game, I do like dev's vision and implementation.
Simple and to the point.
But also I do recognize that the game can become much more and much better with real (not pseudo-) brunching.
And I do not blame dev for choosing linear future for the game, I just expressed my personal disappointment.

4.30 star(s) 78 Votes