Asmodeus_

Creator of Neuvau
Game Developer
Apr 5, 2020
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I don’t think that the dom route is the issue, it’s the expectation that the player has to be all powerful and in control from the start. It’s like in real life IMO. You can’t do whatever you want at most times. You can’t do whatever you want in your school, you can’t do whatever you want at work, you can’t do whatever you want in a club. You’re always limited in someway. The game tries to reflect that.

The purpose of the dom path is for the MC to become more dominant. The key phrase here is “to become”. He’s not dominant yet. He wants to be. He tries to be. But he’s limited by the situations. He’s limited by his own personality. Eventually he’ll be able to overcome this (just like IRL, where you get better as you grow and you become more powerful and capable). If the MC continues to exhibit dom behavior, the game will reward the player with more dom options.

Keep in mind that the story in this game just started. There is much to be revealed in order for all this to make sense. :)

Reactions: Zavijava_

BlasKyau

Devoted Member
Jun 26, 2018
Thank you for taking the time to explain. :love:

As I've said in another post. The blackmail is the only way moving forward with this path. And the revenge is one of the options to come back at her.

There's no intention to blackmail other LIs, but in the scenario of revenge all are possible. What I mean is to blackmail the blackmailer. ;)
This is one of the few cases where I don't mind the MC blackmailing a LI. If she did it before, I don't care if the MC does it later in revenge.

So what you're saying is that the thing she blackmails you over is the issue here.

Here are my thoughts...

Ok, here you have basically described my game. Of course I didn't do this path to "get more punishment", but because I don't like femdom at all.

On the other hand, I find that blackmail in this case is almost like flipping a coin. She does fine, but with a slightly smarter and less dick-driven MC she would have found that the blackmail could have gone the other way too easily. In fact, if I had the option, the MC would have walked away without asking such a stupid question like the one he did. But then he wouldn't have been blackmailed, and therefore we wouldn't have a reason to humiliate and destroy her, or at least make her, and everyone else involved, the MC's pets.

Actually one of the first things I would like the MC to learn is to think with his head and not with his dick. I don't have much intention of earning lust points for the MC: acting like a brainless and lustful teenager doesn't help to get revenge.

I don’t think that the dom route is the issue, it’s the expectation that the player has to be all powerful and in control from the start. It’s like in real life IMO. You can’t do whatever you want at most times. You can’t do whatever you want in your school, you can’t do whatever you want at work, you can’t do whatever you want in a club. You’re always limited in someway. The game tries to reflect that.

The purpose of the dom path is for the MC to become more dominant. The key phrase here is “to become”. He’s not dominant yet. He wants to be. He tries to be. But he’s limited by the situations. He’s limited by his own personality. Eventually he’ll be able to overcome this (just like IRL, where you get better as you grow and you become more powerful and capable). If the MC continues to exhibit dom behavior, the game will reward the player with more dom options.

Keep in mind that the story in this game just started. There is much to be revealed in order for all this to make sense. :)
Having more options to do more things is nice, but I don't think I'll take advantage of them if it means having to see maledom (or yes, if it allows me to gain points and doesn't result in something I dislike too much). If I "see" the scenes, it's certain that I will use CTRL, as I have done with the Spanking to... the blonde girl whose name I don't remember (so far I haven't found any LI that attracts me enough to be interested in remembering how is named).

Right now the only girl whose name I remember is Andrea. Remembering the name of the person you have to humiliate, destroy and turn into a shadow of himself (or at least turn her into a MC's pet) is essential. It's said that revenge is a dish that is served cold, so I'll wait for the MC to gain enough confidence and knowledge so when he finally makes his move, the consequences for Andrea and everyone with her will be irreversible and hugely rewarding for the MC.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Asmodeus_

Asmodeus_

Creator of Neuvau
Game Developer
Apr 5, 2020
This is one of the few cases where I don't mind the MC blackmailing a LI. If she did it before, I don't care if the MC does it later in revenge.

Ok, here you have basically described my game. Of course I didn't do this path to "get more punishment", but because I don't like femdom at all.

On the other hand, I find that blackmail in this case is almost like flipping a coin. She does fine, but with a slightly smarter and less dick-driven MC she would have found that the blackmail could have gone the other way too easily. In fact, if I had the option, the MC would have walked away without asking such a stupid question like the one he did. But then he wouldn't have been blackmailed, and therefore we wouldn't have a reason to humiliate and destroy her, or at least make her, and everyone else involved, the MC's pets.

Actually one of the first things I would like the MC to learn is to think with his head and not with his dick. I don't have much intention of earning lust points for the MC: acting like a brainless and lustful teenager doesn't help to get revenge.

Having more options to do more things is nice, but I don't think I'll take advantage of them if it means having to see maledom (or yes, if it allows me to gain points and doesn't result in something I dislike too much). If I "see" the scenes, it's certain that I will use CTRL, as I have done with the Spanking to... the blonde girl whose name I don't remember (so far I haven't found any LI that attracts me enough to be interested in remembering how is named).

Right now the only girl whose name I remember is Andrea. Remembering the name of the person you have to humiliate, destroy and turn into a shadow of himself (or at least turn her into a MC's pet) is essential. It's said that revenge is a dish that is served cold, so I'll wait for the MC to gain enough confidence and knowledge so when he finally makes his move, the consequences for Andrea and everyone with her will be irreversible and hugely rewarding for the MC.
This is an amazing post! And thank you for taking the time to share it! I really appreciate it! :love:

I keep rolling the ideas in my mind for the dom route, and talking about it with you and the rest of the awesome people here really helps me to lock it down. I think I have an abstract idea of what to do with this scene. Revenge is the obvious path long term, but I think I've got a better way to make the dom path more rewarding for the dom player! :geek:

I'm not thinking drastic changes here; just a slight difference in delivery and options. I won't share more to avoid spoilers, but you'll see it in the next update.

My original vision was to satisfy both dominant and submissive players. I know that the dominant players don't like the MC, because he starts with a lot of deficits on that front. But I hope that the evolution of the MC will pay back for that initial frustration. He starts with all bets against him, but with the right choices he can overcome all odds and be able to control the situation. I think that journey will make the game even more satisfying in the end.

At the end of the day, I can't please everyone, but at least I'll try my hardest to deliver my vision as best I can. If in that journey I can make more people happy by including some different choices or slightly improving some dialogs, that's something easy to do. :giggle:

Feb 17, 2022
I appreciate that you trying to listen to feedback but this is where many devs get into trouble. You obviously like femdom content and you want to make a game centered around that so why even bother with a dom path when you would just have to skip 75% of the content in the game. Its a waste of both yours and the players time in the end.

If your just looking to appeal to a wider fan base I get it, but you will only alienate your target audience while also not providing enough content for everybody else so they will also be disapointed.

Also if a more dominant male MC isn't something that isn't your thing it will definately be noticed in any scenes you might make. They will feel lacking in creativity if you yourself don't really want or care to make those type of scenes.

Just my two cents and good luck with whatever you decide. (y)

Asmodeus_

Creator of Neuvau
Game Developer
Apr 5, 2020
I appreciate that you trying to listen to feedback but this is where many devs get into trouble. You obviously like femdom content and you want to make a game centered around that so why even bother with a dom path when you would just have to skip 75% of the content in the game. Its a waste of both yours and the players time in the end.

If your just looking to appeal to a wider fan base I get it, but you will only alienate your target audience while also not providing enough content for everybody else so they will also be disapointed.

Also if a more dominant male MC isn't something that isn't your thing it will definately be noticed in any scenes you might make. They will feel lacking in creativity if you yourself don't really want or care to make those type of scenes.

Just my two cents and good luck with whatever you decide. (y)
I really appreciate this! Thank you for your kind advice! :love:

To be honest, my style is right in the middle. As a person I like taking the lead, and I'm okay with being led. That's why I wanted to do this game. :giggle:

But as you can understand, the extremes is where I have blind spots; the extreme dom, and extreme sub. As a writer I can examine and research the possibilities, but I can't see/know what everyone likes.

Again, I'm not going to compromise my vision with this game, but if I can learn through this process, I have no issue to incorporate into the game. :)

Now, on the content side, I agree. I can't build all paths at the same time and have enough content for everyone, but at least I can try my best and hope the fans will understand. I'm not looking for short-term joy here. I want to create a game that I can be proud of for years to come. I want wherever I put my name on a game to have some kind of quality that goes with it. I don't know if I can achieve this, but that my target! :giggle:

dempun

Dec 3, 2021
It's more or less what I had assumed

I may be weird, but without the revenge for the blackmail my interest in the game is nil.

I don't like the MC blackmailing an LI for sexual favors. If it cannot be avoided, it is very likely that I will end up abandoning the game or that, if I know it from the beginning, I will not play it and find another one.

I also don't like the MC being blackmailed, but the game might interest me if I can get revenge at the blackmailer. But the sex scenes derived from blackmail will not please me, and will only increase my interest in revenge.

But these are my tastes, and I don't know if they will be shared by many people.

I haven't seen anyone take pictures of the MC's little soldier. A blonde tried it in the bathroom, but I told her to go to hell and didn't do what she said. I don't remember any other occasion in which this could have happened.

dempun

Dec 3, 2021
For example Estate: Dominate, one of the most known femdom games here, has blackmail as the main hook for the MC. You either work for the dominas, or you're getting "fucked" financially. That's also clear blackmail.

Treacherous Desires, starts with the MC drugged and bound without your agreement. That's considered rape too.
In my opinion, using blackmail to gain control over someone such as in Estate Dominate... Is someone using other's misfortune to have their way with them and it's as I said earlier that it is the lowest form of domination. That can't lead to a healthy D/s relationship and really at best can only trigger a Stockholm Syndrome sort of situation.

In your game, the blackmail isn't so sinister as how it was done in Estate Dominate, as getting expelled from that one college would not totally ruin his life. But you've done it such a way that Andrea cannot be a sympathetic character the way things stand. You've already hinted that perhaps Andrea isn't a willing participant in all of this, so it will be interesting to see where that goes.

I agree with The Smooth Criminal insofar as it's great that you take the time to address the feedback on these issues, but I would also encourage you to not let it dissuade you from writing the story you want to tell. No matter WHAT you write, there are going to be people who will not like it, and there's nothing you can do to change that.

Zavijava_

Oct 19, 2020
(The discussion is kind of going in circles at this point lol, but it's interesting, so) Isn't it like this with most femdom (or BDSM in general) games, though?

In a relationship with a real other person, of course you have to discuss boundaries, safewords, etc... before you start pretending you're a captured Rebel spy under sexy interrogation by your Sith mistress. But there are no ethical problems with the fantasy itself, besides what the people involved are comfortable fantasizing about. A VN or a Literotica story is the fantasy itself being depicted, and those are often about dubious consent, or slave/master stuff, or other things that would be ethically fraught IRL.

Maybe it's that Neuvau at first seemed like a realistic (and hopefully healthy) depiction of BDSM, instead of being a BDSM fantasy itself, and then switched tracks? I just think it's a little overly critical to criticize Neuvau for doing the thing that most femdom (and probably most maledom, idk) games do. But I can see why you might perceive it as a sort of bait and switch.

Personally I didn't even see the blackmail at first (she doesn't blackmail you if you're already playing along), and will be happy as long as I get a loving, romantic femdom ending with Andrea (or Maureen, she's a hottie too :love:)

Asmodeus_

Creator of Neuvau
Game Developer
Apr 5, 2020
In my opinion, using blackmail to gain control over someone such as in Estate Dominate... Is someone using other's misfortune to have their way with them and it's as I said earlier that it is the lowest form of domination. That can't lead to a healthy D/s relationship and really at best can only trigger a Stockholm Syndrome sort of situation.

In your game, the blackmail isn't so sinister as how it was done in Estate Dominate, as getting expelled from that one college would not totally ruin his life. But you've done it such a way that Andrea cannot be a sympathetic character the way things stand. You've already hinted that perhaps Andrea isn't a willing participant in all of this, so it will be interesting to see where that goes.

I agree with The Smooth Criminal insofar as it's great that you take the time to address the feedback on these issues, but I would also encourage you to not let it dissuade you from writing the story you want to tell. No matter WHAT you write, there are going to be people who will not like it, and there's nothing you can do to change that.
Thank you for your kind words and sharing your point of view! I really appreciate it and it helps a lot! :love:

Asmodeus_

Creator of Neuvau
Game Developer
Apr 5, 2020
(The discussion is kind of going in circles at this point lol, but it's interesting, so) Isn't it like this with most femdom (or BDSM in general) games, though?

In a relationship with a real other person, of course you have to discuss boundaries, safewords, etc... before you start pretending you're a captured Rebel spy under sexy interrogation by your Sith mistress. But there are no ethical problems with the fantasy itself, besides what the people involved are comfortable fantasizing about. A VN or a Literotica story is the fantasy itself being depicted, and those are often about dubious consent, or slave/master stuff, or other things that would be ethically fraught IRL.

Maybe it's that Neuvau at first seemed like a realistic (and hopefully healthy) depiction of BDSM, instead of being a BDSM fantasy itself, and then switched tracks? I just think it's a little overly critical to criticize Neuvau for doing the thing that most femdom (and probably most maledom, idk) games do. But I can see why you might perceive it as a sort of bait and switch.

Personally I didn't even see the blackmail at first (she doesn't blackmail you if you're already playing along), and will be happy as long as I get a loving, romantic femdom ending with Andrea (or Maureen, she's a hottie too :love:)
Again, right on the money with your comments! :love:

I don't know how Neuvau looked at first, but I can confirm that this isn't your vanilla BDSM or D/s scenario. It's twisted, unpredictable, and exciting (hopefully). I plan to include a normal D/s relationship with the girls that are capable (and mature enough) to be able to do it, but not all relationships should be expected to be normal in this game.

And normal relationships are rare because people usually have some kind of baggage. And all the characters in Neuvau have some kind of baggage; they're flawed in some way. Personally, I think there's beauty in flawed individuals; it's what makes them unique. All the characters I create, are flawed in some way and either try to overcome their flaws, or just accept them and move on. Some others don't even realize their flaws. I believe this creates interesting characters.

But it'll be clearer as we delve deeper to each character's background (the love interests and the MC) with future releases.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Zavijava_
Feb 17, 2022
Maybe it would solve alot of issues for people coming in to check the game thread by posting som kind of percentage of content each path is likely to get.

I.E. for the first say 5-6 chapters those on the sub path will get let's say 75-85% of the sex scenes. Maybe chapters 6-12 the split maybe more like 65/35 for the sub sex scenes and when the game is winding down perhaps the dom path gets more content. At least this way people can decide if its even worth their time playing right now when the content is so one sided for the current and future releases until maybe like 2 years from now when it might be worth a playthrough for those solely looking for the maledom content.

f96zonetrooper

Engaged Member
Dec 21, 2018
Maybe it would solve alot of issues for people coming in to check the game thread by posting som kind of percentage of content each path is likely to get.

I.E. for the first say 5-6 chapters those on the sub path will get let's say 75-85% of the sex scenes. Maybe chapters 6-12 the split maybe more like 65/35 for the sub sex scenes and when the game is winding down perhaps the dom path gets more content. At least this way people can decide if its even worth their time playing right now when the content is so one sided for the current and future releases until maybe like 2 years from now when it might be worth a playthrough for those solely looking for the maledom content.
The dom/revenge path is one of maybe 5 or 6 paths. I would not expect more than maybe 20% of an update for the dom path.

Asmodeus_

Creator of Neuvau
Game Developer
Apr 5, 2020
The dom/revenge path is one of maybe 5 or 6 paths. I would not expect more than maybe 20% of an update for the dom path.
Hmm, if you're talking the extreme dom path where you're not even speaking to the dominas (meaning you're skipping the scenes with them), then yes it's 20%.

The scenes with the non-dominas will still continue (rika, skyla, tina, suzie) so there's plenty of content for either path.

Asmodeus_

Creator of Neuvau
Game Developer
Apr 5, 2020

I can do that for you :)

So in the extreme dom route, you'll probably skip ch1 and ch2 scenes, and you're missing the Rika Scenes. In my opinion there's plenty of scenes even in the extreme dom route. :giggle:

Reactions: TheSmoothCriminal
4.60 star(s) 30 Votes