gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
First of all, I don't know if you've seen some of my earliest posts, but the stat points limits (the stat checks) are calculated dynamically. This means the specific limits change with each playthrough according to your choices.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

The thing you describe with the points, is something that I have in mind constantly. I want to make sure the player is not trapped into one specific stat (unless they choose to). As we go deeper into the game and more stat points are getting accumulated, this will become more important. That's why, I keep giving "free" options to the player, meaning choices with no limits. And that's why the limits for other stats (other than the main ones) are usually low; 20-30% limit checks. This means that if you have seen 10 lust choices already, you'll only need 2 or 3 points to pass the check.

Thank you for the error! You've helped me catch it! I fixed it and it'll be out with the next release! :giggle:
FWIW, I did find one of the early stat thresholds to be prohibitive. I'm shit at remembering names, but with the landlady, there's an early dialogue option that has a LUST requirement that I couldn't meet, probably because I'd noped out of both the scenes at the club; that missed option then (IIRC) locked me out of something else further on. Happily, I'm not averse to cheating a bit.

I'll look up the details a little later, but basically: If you've only been given two or so potential lust choices, even 20% can be a tall order.

Edit: Suzie, that's her name! And it's complimenting her outfit on the morning of chapter three, after the second visit to the club, that requires a minimum of Lust points, which I couldn't meet because I'd refused Maureen on both occasions. There seems to me no real reason why complimenting Suzie should require going along with Maureen, yet there we are.
Missing that dialogue opportunity means missing out on a relationship point with her, but her relationship balance unavoidably increases, putting you at a disadvantage during the later scenes that check that stat.

(I should note that there is one other opportunity for the MC to pick up a lust point, by claiming he had a good time at the club on getting back; but if he refused Maureen then he very clearly didn't have fun, so that seemed obviously untrue.)

Last edited:

Zoran89

Aug 20, 2020
Hmm, I'm not sure about the "railroading". I may need to make the choices more clear to the player, but in most scenes I first put an "[End Scene]" option to make sure that the player can skip at start. If the player continues after that, to me (as a game dev) it means that the player agreed to be in the scene.
That is good, however I was also thinking about something much more nuanced. For example, if you have ten scenes, out of which seven are with character A and only three with character B, then by skipping character A, you are limiting yourself to only 30% of the content. Another thing is the game's repeated attempts at showing you scenes with a given character or theme in it.

To be more specific, I mean femdom content in general. Look at it this way:
You have the first scene with Maureen - let's say you don't enjoy femdom, so you reject her.
You then have the scene with Tina, where if you take the strong approach, you get "punished" for it by not receiving any relationship points.
The next day, you meet with the three Dommes, and they try to bring you into a submissive relationship with Andrea, which you reject again.
Only to go to school, meet Andrea again and ask you again whether you'd be willing to sub for her.
And even if you say that "you'd rather be the dominant partner", the only way to fulfil this is by submitting to her.

This is what I mean by "railroading the player into a femdom relationship". It reminds me of D&D campaigns where the DM decided that you will take part in a certain adventure, whether you like it or not, but instead of making it part of a circumstance, he thinly veils it under a pretence of the player's own choice.

Again, for someone who enjoys female domination, this is not a problem, because you get multiple scenes which you might enjoy.
For someone who doesn't... The game is kind of the equivalent of a pesky telemarketer, who keeps calling you three times a week for a month, just to make sure that maybe you haven't changed your mind about accepting their "limited time" offer.

That is my issue with each release. I'm not only making content for one path; I'm making content for all paths. So if people focus only on one path, they won't see much new content. Also there are some people that play casually and don't realize there are different scenes to unlock if you pick different options. To combat that part, I'm going to add these for the future releases...
See, this is one of the reasons why I decided to point out the issues with writing multiple paths.
IMHO, this sort of thing works, but only if you either
a) can unlock everything on one playthrough
or
b) when you get the whole story at once, so that you can play one path, then immediately follow through with another

In early access content, if you want to play a consistent character, you will need to skip some paths. But inserting a "percentage of content unlocked" motivates the player to do what we've called "meta-ing the system"

Perhaps a better choice would be to include that in the final release? Then again, the question is - do you have a road map planned for the story ahead, or are you planning to milk this for content? Not saying one way is better than the other, as both can be done well, but... OK, to make it simple: If you add a percentage counter to an early access game, then I will either have to meta the system to get the entire flowchart of the route tree for every update, or wait God only knows how long for you to finish the story to see the remaining content which I've skipped.

For someone who's a little bit of a completionist, seeing that counter sit at 60% or so is incredibly annoying xD

Other than that, good to know that you have a clear idea of how to proceed ahead.
Like I said, striking the balance between listening to user advice and not getting strong-armed into writing something you haven't originally intended to write is never easy. Looking forward to future releases.

HeelsMaiden

Mar 22, 2019
A promising game, I hope there will be more high heels content.
I would love to cum in every Andrea high heels :LOL:.
I got horny as hell imagining Andrea wearing the cummed heels to classes and formal meetings. I feel like she's the type of person who's bold and naughty enough to then shoeplay/dangle in class/meetings hoping someone would notice the smell of cum teasing them and driving their imagination wild but no one dares to point it out directly because she's also a highly authoritative/dominant figure.

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
That is good, however I was also thinking about something much more nuanced. For example, if you have ten scenes, out of which seven are with character A and only three with character B, then by skipping character A, you are limiting yourself to only 30% of the content. Another thing is the game's repeated attempts at showing you scenes with a given character or theme in it.

To be more specific, I mean femdom content in general. Look at it this way:
You have the first scene with Maureen - let's say you don't enjoy femdom, so you reject her.
You then have the scene with Tina, where if you take the strong approach, you get "punished" for it by not receiving any relationship points.
The next day, you meet with the three Dommes, and they try to bring you into a submissive relationship with Andrea, which you reject again.
Only to go to school, meet Andrea again and ask you again whether you'd be willing to sub for her.
And even if you say that "you'd rather be the dominant partner", the only way to fulfil this is by submitting to her.

This is what I mean by "railroading the player into a femdom relationship". It reminds me of D&D campaigns where the DM decided that you will take part in a certain adventure, whether you like it or not, but instead of making it part of a circumstance, he thinly veils it under a pretence of the player's own choice.

Again, for someone who enjoys female domination, this is not a problem, because you get multiple scenes which you might enjoy.
For someone who doesn't... The game is kind of the equivalent of a pesky telemarketer, who keeps calling you three times a week for a month, just to make sure that maybe you haven't changed your mind about accepting their "limited time" offer.
Personally, regarding femdom, I like being asked every time and saying no every time.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Asmodeus_

Nait Sieve

Mar 5, 2021
Yeah that's the thing, people have different opinions. It's not possible to cater to every single person. The best compromise is to ask, which this game does. If by the 4th time the choice comes up the player is still there rejecting it, that is fine, if it bothers them that they have to reject every time they can just stop playing entirely. And if they want to reject it each time, like yourself, then that is fine too.

Personally I actually don't see a problem with not even giving a choice, anyone that has been playing VNs/games for any length of time is going to have experiences where they had to just click/press through scenes they didn't like. The choice option is very new and mostly limited to indie games.

The dev needs to make what they enjoy, taking opinions is fine but for any dev the problem is always putting too much stock in a vocal minority. The vast majority of players will not comment or make requests, they either enjoy a game or just drop it and move on.
well, it's certainly different to have both femdom and maledom people in this same thread. in general i think games having both options is a great thing though. the only issue i see is that it's double the work/twice the waiting for updates.

personally the main reason i'm not playing many VN's is exactly that common lack of choices. imo the ones lacking any player input shoudn't even be considered games. might as well read an erotic comic/manga at that point. the way i see it just giving us meaningful choices and a few stats sprinkled in is a big upgrade compared to auto-pilot "games".

fully agree on the last part. devs have a vision when they start their games and they shoud, at least for the most part, stay true to it. sure, some just go with the flow, and others may get compelled into changing their mind (likely because they hope to get more money out of it), but quality probably only goes down if that dev creates content that doesn't really resonate with them/they don't really feel comfortable about.
regardless, doesn't have f95 something like a poll function? not sure how many woud use it, but it might counteract to some extent the vocal minority issue you pointed out.

Steindall

Jan 17, 2018
Naive, inexperienced, not smart, terrible decision maker, zero self-respect. This MC is tailor-made for a femdom game. I have made different choices, but it doesnt matter most of the time.

The game wants MC to be sub irregardless of what you want or how you play. Sure, there is a small route that is different, but the content is minimal.

I expected some non femdom logic or thinking to shape the MC or to make decisions, but for now at least, its not possible. Its a shame because the idea is interesting.

ddaisy

Jun 5, 2019
Matter of preference, but I much prefer Andrea's second hair style than the one she has in the club or in the game's main menu. I hope she'll keep using that one outside of work too.

4.60 star(s) 30 Votes