• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Jokingotto

May 1, 2018
I think devs don't realize that they themselves are the biggest cause of not being supported.
People (at least I) will pay for decent games, with decent amounts of content and regular quality updates.

But devs start something, we try it for the full 20 minutes of content and then they expect financial support, which in reality comes to a lot of money compared to professionally developed games for lets say PS5.

Still I'm again sad to see this nice game end.

Reactions: Anteron and Joshy92

Anteron

Jun 17, 2023
Yeah, especially with slow development, even with like a $5/month in 2 years that's $120. Slow development like this would have likely gone to 5+ years, which would be $300+ - way more than a AAA title. Of course AAA companies don't make adult games...

Asmodeus_

Creator of Neuvau
Game Developer
Apr 5, 2020
Hey friends! Much appreciated for the kind comments and good advice for any wannabe dev.

I will still be present in this forum, and I will keep on posting here. To anyone interested, this was my last post on patreon and SS.

Hey friends,

This is a hard post to make. This past year has been hard on me. I've had to get a second job to support myself and this left me with no free time at all for the game.

Since support on the game never picked up, it's no longer viable for me to keep going. I guess my adult gaming career is done for now.

I thank you all for your support.

Love you all <3
I wanted to share something more for the kind people in here.

As much as I enjoyed it, it's been a lot of pressure for me to work constantly on this game. I have been working on this game every day for more than two years now. Monday to Sunday, and only stopped for brief vacations. Even then I never missed a weekly update for my supporters. I felt that I owed it to the kind people that supported the game. I wanted to create something great.

At the same time, I have a wife, kids, day-work and lately a part-time work. I still have to earn a living to support my family, and you can understand that there's not enough time in the world to do everything in a day. I need to take care of my family, and myself for that matter. This means that time/money is a big factor for this decision.

When I started the game, I was hoping to earn enough cash to make this work and to be able to make this a full time thing, but it didn't happen during the first year where I had regular releases. People kept complaining for short releases and not enough content. So I decided to make bigger ones with more content. That didn't work either. So it wasn't the length of the releases, although it remains an important factor.

One of main the reasons for the lack of support is that femdom is not a popular genre. This means that to make this genre work, it needs to be perfect on a lot of aspects, and that's a hard thing to achieve.

Either way, it is what it is. I've had my run with it. It wasn't successful. I'm fine with it. It was a nice experience. I've learned a lot and there were a few people along the way that supported me and we shared some good times and talks.

The renders, the code, the script still exists. Rendering was around 90%, but it still needs a lot of coding for a release. I'm not planning on sharing anything. I don't know what I'll do with it in the future. Knowing myself, I'll probably do something, but don't keep your hopes up.

For now I want to focus on myself, focus on my family, keep on working, and keep on playing games in this forum without worry.

Thank you all friends! :love:

Joshy92

Conversation Conqueror
Mar 25, 2021
Hey friends! Much appreciated for the kind comments and good advice for any wannabe dev.

I will still be present in this forum, and I will keep on posting here. To anyone interested, this was my last post on patreon and SS.

As much as I enjoyed it, it's been a lot of pressure for me to work constantly on this game. I have been working on this game every day for more than two years now. Monday to Sunday, and only stopped for brief vacations. Even then I never missed a weekly update for my supporters. I felt that I owed it to the kind people that supported the game. I wanted to create something great.

At the same time, I have a wife, kids, day-work and lately a part-time work. I still have to earn a living to support my family, and you can understand that there's not enough time in the world to do everything in a day. I need to take care of my family, and myself for that matter. This means that time/money is a big factor for this decision.

When I started the game, I was hoping to earn enough cash to make this work and to be able to make this a full time thing, but it didn't happen during the first year where I had regular releases. People kept complaining for short releases and not enough content. So I decided to make bigger ones with more content. That didn't work either. So it wasn't the length of the releases, although it remains an important factor.

One of main the reasons for the lack of support is that femdom is not a popular genre. This means that to make this genre work, it needs to be perfect on a lot of aspects, and that's a hard thing to achieve.

Either way, it is what it is. I've had my run with it. It wasn't successful. I'm fine with it. It was a nice experience. I've learned a lot and there were a few people along the way that supported me and we shared some good times and talks.

The renders, the code, the script still exists. Rendering was around 90%, but it still needs a lot of coding for a release. I'm not planning on sharing anything. I don't know what I'll do with it in the future. Knowing myself, I'll probably do something, but don't keep your hopes up.

For now I want to focus on myself, focus on my family, keep on working, and keep on playing games in this forum without worry.

I know I already said this but thank you for the great game it has given me a lot of happy memories.
I know it's not the ending you wanted but you should be proud of everything you have achieved here.

And thank you for being honest with everyone and not just ghosting like a lot of devs do.
I have a lot of respect for that.

WICKEDp4th

Before Alice went to Wonderland, she had to fall.
Donor
Sep 6, 2017

Those who care knew and understood why you had to quit.

The entitlement of some people is beyond belief, but concentrate on the positive things and don’t let yourself get pulled down into the rabbit hole.

keep on rock’in! See ya! (y)

QwertyType

Apr 28, 2021

Very well said, sir! The fact that you have a (I presume understanding!) wife and also kids makes it even MORE incredible that you were able to get done what you did!

As a fellow femdom-lover (primarily spanking), you hit the nail on the head with how it's not a popular genre. Sure, people like it...but it's not nearly as huge as other genres out there. Plus, you need only look at some of the "art" on sites like Renderotica to realize it's predominately a M/F or F/F world out there in the domination genre.

Again, your renders are AMAZING. I hope you find the best things in life, and putting your wife and kids first is the proper thing to do. The best to you.

therealmrwolf

Dec 28, 2020

im sorry but you should had put on steam also femdom is not a popular genre i dont think that should really matter cos if they dont like a femdom game then dont play them and its pretty sad to se great femdom just getting dropped like that you should make what you want but i hope next time you will go with steam

Reactions: Asmodeus_

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
When I started the game, I was hoping to earn enough cash to make this work and to be able to make this a full time thing,
Too many people think like this but in reality it's like winning the lottery. You have to consider it as a hobby, very few people can live off it entirely.

Furthermore femdom might be less popular, but there is also less competition. Try making a harem incest game, you won't have better results 99% of the time.

Too bad the game got abandoned near an update, after a long time, but at least dev didn't vanish without a word.

therealmrwolf

Dec 28, 2020
Too many people think like this but in reality it's like winning the lottery. You have to consider it as a hobby, very few people can live off it entirely.

Furthermore femdom might be less popular, but there is also less competition. Try making a harem incest game, you won't have better results 99% of the time.

Too bad the game got abandoned near an update, after a long time, but at least dev didn't vanish without a word.
yeah i agree i have se two other femdom game that is close to best femdom game so yeah not alot of competition cos most game with called femdom its most of time has no femdom or the mc just can bully and treatted like shit just out of the blue

harem incest game you need some really good art or something new to offer

darlic

Feb 27, 2017
Abandoning the game sounds a bit drastic. If I were the dev I would have gone for a last try by making the game more linear and getting rid of as many branches as possible, and keep the most popular(s).
Fewer mutually exclusive scenes -> bigger content updates -> faster release cycle -> more success?
It's not an exact science, but it is worth a try IMHO, this game still has a lot of potential even for non-femdom lovers. such as me

therealmrwolf

Dec 28, 2020
Abandoning the game sounds a bit drastic. If I were the dev I would have gone for a last try by making the game more linear and getting rid of as many branches as possible, and keep the most popular(s).
Fewer mutually exclusive scenes -> bigger content updates -> faster release cycle -> more success?
It's not an exact science, but it is worth a try IMHO, this game still has a lot of potential even for non-femdom lovers. such as me
you want bigger update but also faster release cycle you know the dev is not soulles robot right?

Anteron

Jun 17, 2023
That gets too close to being a kinetic novel, and kinetic novels suck and aren't games.

therealmrwolf

Dec 28, 2020
so remove all the fun bits and make it into boring kinetic novels

Reactions: shxde_ and bulifun

darlic

Feb 27, 2017
you want bigger update but also faster release cycle you know the dev is not soulles robot right?
If the dev keep the same developing times as before, they can release updates much faster as they don't have to cover a high number of different scenes for all the possible choices made by the player. It's as simple as that
so remove all the fun bits and make it into boring kinetic novels
If this is the only way to keep this game alive, why not? Because you don't like it? Well I guess there are a lot of other players who would enjoy it even if as a downscaled visual novel with only minor choices

• Haha
Reactions: therealmrwolf

therealmrwolf

Dec 28, 2020
If the dev keep the same developing times as before, they can release updates much faster as they don't have to cover a high number of different scenes for all the possible choices made by the player. It's as simple as that

If this is the only way to keep this game alive, why not? Because you don't like it? Well I guess there are a lot of other players who would enjoy it even if as a downscaled visual novel with only minor choices
what enjoy a boring kinetic novels with little to no choices yeah nah dont bet on it my guy cos what made game great was choices and paths you can like nothing is more boring then visual novel with only minor choices/no choices at all

also how does big update fit in with faster releases cos if you want less scenes less path less everything what is there left like what made this game good was all the paths cos you could play more then one path

darlic

Feb 27, 2017
what enjoy a boring kinetic novels with little to no choices yeah nah dont bet on it my guy cos what made game great was choices and paths you can like nothing is more boring then visual novel with only minor choices/no choices at all

also how does big update fit in with faster releases cos if you want less scenes less path less everything what is there left like what made this game good was all the paths cos you could play more then one path
You're probably missing a pretty crucial point there. The game, as it is right now, with all the paths and choices and shit IS DEAD.
I'm just suggesting the dev maybe give the project one more chance before abandoning it for good, as how I see it, there might be the possibility to get a bigger audience.
Most people want lots of content or they lose interest, which is clearly not feasible for such a highly structured game as Neuvau. Let the dev pick a path he's more fondled with, and work on that only.
One completed path is always better than an abandoned game.

Anteron

Jun 17, 2023
You're probably missing a pretty crucial point there. The game, as it is right now, with all the paths and choices and shit IS DEAD.
I'm just suggesting the dev maybe give the project one more chance before abandoning it for good, as how I see it, there might be the possibility to get a bigger audience.
Most people want lots of content or they lose interest, which is clearly not feasible for such a highly structured game as Neuvau. Let the dev pick a path he's more fondled with, and work on that only.
One completed path is always better than an abandoned game.
No, a kinetic novel is about as fun as a moly old shoe.

4.60 star(s) 29 Votes