VN Ren'Py New Adventure [v0.3.2] [V4mpire Games]

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

What kind of mysteries would you like to see added?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

V4mpire

Game Developer
Dec 20, 2020
I see that among the tags is kinetic novel. Are there going to be choices throughout the game or is it always going to be a kinetic novel?
Originally I hadn't planned for Kinetic, however that's the path I've chosen for now, but this doesn't mean to say it won't change when things settle in more and I could decide that optional routes could be the way forward rather than putting it all in your face.

The reason I went Kinetic was being this is my first project and while getting used to multiple routes, the progress of everything, I didn't want to complicate things even more by making multiple options as at present, a single person could become several different lines of dialogue depending on choices made.

I may have it so the few main girls from the beginning I had chosen to be in the harem non-optional, then work in additional one's that might not be "as close" to the main group allowing for less complication in the dialogue choices, since I can understand not everyone would personally choose all the girls, so this could definitely be an option down the line once got the main girls settled in.

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
Originally I hadn't planned for Kinetic, however that's the path I've chosen for now, but this doesn't mean to say it won't change when things settle in more and I could decide that optional routes could be the way forward rather than putting it all in your face.

The reason I went Kinetic was being this is my first project and while getting used to multiple routes, the progress of everything, I didn't want to complicate things even more by making multiple options as at present, a single person could become several different lines of dialogue depending on choices made.

I may have it so the few main girls from the beginning I had chosen to be in the harem non-optional, then work in additional one's that might not be "as close" to the main group allowing for less complication in the dialogue choices, since I can understand not everyone would personally choose all the girls, so this could definitely be an option down the line once got the main girls settled in.
I'm not a big fan of kinetic novels. In any case, I have started it and it seems interesting, so in principle I'm going to continue it.

Either way, adding choices at some point and the ability to choose whether or not to include LIs in the harem would be interesting.

btrain33

Dec 29, 2018

Thanks for the reply, and your honesty about it.

"CJ"

Conversation Conqueror
Mar 6, 2021
New Adventure [v0.2] [V4mpire Games] crunched

Original / Compressed Size PC: 856 MB / 232 MB - NewAdventure-0.2-pc-crunched.zip
Original / Compressed Size Mac: 839 MB / 215 MB - NewAdventure-0.2-mac-crunched.zip

Download (PC/Mac): - - MediaFire

(y)L O A D 'n' L I K E - If you L O A D it then L I K E it!(y) If not, like it anyway! (y) Thanks! ;)

This compression is unofficial and untested, use at your own risk.
Compressing process reduces quality and can break the game.

Tools:
UnRen v0.91 (Sam@f95zone) - YAC v3.1c (hngg@f95zone) - -

Last edited:

EZ8lt

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2019
Girl: "Well, there's this thing, but don't wanna talk about it now, but you'll see later."
MC: "Allright, why not"
x4 repeats

Honestly, this type of storytelling tool is annoying as hell. The basic premise does seems interesting, but throwing the blatant references every now and then and having the MC call it out but then just auto-agreeing everytime they say "later and blabla" is makes it a bad characterization. It is literally the worst way to try and keep the plot moving forward while wanting to keep the readers in the case being interested. Either make them "clues" more subtle and seemless, or do give tidbits about the whole thing everytime it comes up, because it got old really fast already, on the first release.

V4mpire

Game Developer
Dec 20, 2020
Girl: "Well, there's this thing, but don't wanna talk about it now, but you'll see later."
MC: "Allright, why not"
x4 repeats

Honestly, this type of storytelling tool is annoying as hell. The basic premise does seems interesting, but throwing the blatant references every now and then and having the MC call it out but then just auto-agreeing everytime they say "later and blabla" is makes it a bad characterization. It is literally the worst way to try and keep the plot moving forward while wanting to keep the readers in the case being interested. Either make them "clues" more subtle and seemless, or do give tidbits about the whole thing everytime it comes up, because it got old really fast already, on the first release.
More and more is given with the conversations, the reason to it as some things would be noticed and questioned, however things have a time and place.

The aim isn't so much push and pull, it's given in stages, just some parts can't be mentioned without hinting at some other parts, there will however be less of the way things are hinted from 0.3 onwards.

The part of 0.2 was to transition from the "vanilla" start in 0.1 towards the fantasy side of things, the idea behind MC agreeing when told can't say more yet isn't well put forward, but the reason is noticed quickly that the darker side of things aren't to be questioned to much to avoid problems.

With the start of 0.3 things will change allowing the easing of the talking about the place, but it's still learning more over time but the questions that are asked will get answers.

The "key" and the "start" of things allow for the opening up.

Not the best at wording things, but I hope this has cleared things up for you.

punisher2099

Forum Fanatic
Feb 25, 2020
I really like the constant mystery surrounding everything its certainly different than the usual harem games although I can't help feeling the Twilight Zone theme will start playing any moment. :LOL:

Reactions: V4mpire
Feb 26, 2020
If you haven't played yet, there is one, and depending on how people feel about it could depend on how much she becomes part of the story.
no just started playing then came back to this to check something and seen the voting thing so I thought id just put that out there

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
More and more is given with the conversations, the reason to it as some things would be noticed and questioned, however things have a time and place.

The aim isn't so much push and pull, it's given in stages, just some parts can't be mentioned without hinting at some other parts, there will however be less of the way things are hinted from 0.3 onwards.

The part of 0.2 was to transition from the "vanilla" start in 0.1 towards the fantasy side of things, the idea behind MC agreeing when told can't say more yet isn't well put forward, but the reason is noticed quickly that the darker side of things aren't to be questioned to much to avoid problems.

With the start of 0.3 things will change allowing the easing of the talking about the place, but it's still learning more over time but the questions that are asked will get answers.

The "key" and the "start" of things allow for the opening up.

Not the best at wording things, but I hope this has cleared things up for you.
I like mystery and fantasy stories too. As long as the dark side of the story doesn't include character (specially LIs) deaths, torture, rape, or anything so dark, I can try to see if I like it.

EDIT:
The first impression I have of Georgina isn't very positive. The MC's reaction is puzzling to say the least: Among other things, he meets Hailee in the park next to the place where a stranger (Georgina) just ¿killed? a guy

Last edited:

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
In these sentences I think that instead of "so" you want to put "not", the sentence is more logical like that.

error 1.png

In any case, I think the sentence would be better like this:

I can't tell you too much, because I don't know too much.

Unless you really want to say that she knows a lot about all this.

V4mpire

Game Developer
Dec 20, 2020
I like mystery and fantasy stories too. As long as the dark side of the story doesn't include character (specially LIs) deaths, torture, rape, or anything so dark, I can try to see if I like it.

EDIT:
The first impression I have of Georgina isn't very positive. The MC's reaction is puzzling to say the least: Among other things, he meets Hailee in the park next to the place where a stranger (Georgina) just ¿killed? a guy
Its a bit more of shock/panic and can't bring himself to just move alone, not in the sense needing protection as you've seen the girls personality, she couldn't do that, but more like emotional support and company to distract
In these sentences I think that instead of "so" you want to put "not", the sentence is more logical like that.

View attachment 1380993

In any case, I think the sentence would be better like this:

I can't tell you too much, because I don't know too much.

Unless you really want to say that she knows a lot about all this.
I think I've actually already re-worded this ready for next release

Reactions: BlasKyau

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
Its a bit more of shock/panic and can't bring himself to just move alone, not in the sense needing protection as you've seen the girls personality, she couldn't do that, but more like emotional support and company to distract
I think it would be better interpreted if the MC's thoughts made clear what you indicate. Right now it seems more something like this: she just killed a guy next to me, how bad, and the girl seems to know me, how bad ... wait, I wanted to meet Hailee... let's see where... I think the best will be meeting with her next to the dead guy. I'm sure it's not a problem for me to wait patiently here.

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
The game is entertaining. But it's a bit strange that all the LIs seem to know something about the MC that he doesn't know (this isn't the strange thing) and that he doesn't seem to care at all (this is the weird thing). I mean, I have really assumed that the MC, seeing that he also cannot do anything but wait for events, assumes that he will already know what happens in due course of him. However, including some thoughts from the MC where they make clearer the impressions of the MC and his concerns about what is happening would not hurt, it would help to feel that the MC has some kind of opinion about what is happening. Right now it seems more like he gets carried away by events without really caring too much about what happens in the city.

V4mpire

Game Developer
Dec 20, 2020
The game is entertaining. But it's a bit strange that all the LIs seem to know something about the MC that he doesn't know (this isn't the strange thing) and that he doesn't seem to care at all (this is the weird thing). I mean, I have really assumed that the MC, seeing that he also cannot do anything but wait for events, assumes that he will already know what happens in due course of him. However, including some thoughts from the MC where they make clearer the impressions of the MC and his concerns about what is happening would not hurt, it would help to feel that the MC has some kind of opinion about what is happening. Right now it seems more like he gets carried away by events without really caring too much about what happens in the city.
Think of it as avoiding thinking too much as to avoid overthinking, but will eventually sit alone and question everything, the "coping" mechanism many use to avoid facing problems, but when left with their thoughts for too long they start to question every little thing around them, however some "thoughts" will eventually be asked out aloud as to why certain things are happening while also getting some additional answers to things.

However don't worry the MC's own things on things will come in due time, they aren't missed or forgotten.

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
Think of it as avoiding thinking too much as to avoid overthinking, but will eventually sit alone and question everything, the "coping" mechanism many use to avoid facing problems, but when left with their thoughts for too long they start to question every little thing around them, however some "thoughts" will eventually be asked out aloud as to why certain things are happening while also getting some additional answers to things.

However don't worry the MC's own things on things will come in due time, they aren't missed or forgotten.
Ok, thanks for the reply.

I'm liking the game, and I'm looking forward to seeing how it continues. But seeing the MC a little more affected by events will be fine.

VeniXYZ

Feb 28, 2019
The game is nice and the story it looks to be interesting.
I love harem games and its something new to see that things evolve and move so fast in the begining of the game.
I liked the atmosphere that you make with the christmas event with the ''we did not want you to be alone'' it gave me the feeling of a loving family.
But the only thing i did not like is the use of the sex toy (i don't like them at all) i hope that you will not use them in the true game too.
I hope i am not offend anyone is just my personal opinion.
And i wish a happy new year to everyone. :)

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes