VN Ren'Py New Adventure [v0.3.2] [V4mpire Games]

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

What kind of mysteries would you like to see added?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

V4mpire

Game Developer
Dec 20, 2020
I have to ask, because you hinted at it and left it in Limbo.

The Landlady and the Roommate will be in the story going forth, right? I ask because if NOT there would be no need to name them that, or am I inferring too much?

BTW, if you are moving away from the censorship mothership, will you remove the horrendous Landlady and Roommate? I mean the names, not the characters.

Other than that I have only one issue, the over decoration of the apartment and the TV placement, I got a neck pain by sympathy.

Peace :D
I have toyed with the idea of just removing, though some people like the games, but not the naming and prefer "non-incest", no idea why as it's obvious, so i think i'll go the patch method.

As for them actually being in the story, it was written while still working more with patreon and sometimes people had issues patreon even if no "incest" because "oh, the mother is there, you might have your MC have sex with her" even if no intention.

So, I am leaning more towards having them in the story at a later date, it's just up in the air in what context they'll be.

FatGiant

Engaged Member
Jan 7, 2022
I have toyed with the idea of just removing, though some people like the games, but not the naming and prefer "non-incest", no idea why as it's obvious, so i think i'll go the patch method.

As for them actually being in the story, it was written while still working more with patreon and sometimes people had issues patreon even if no "incest" because "oh, the mother is there, you might have your MC have sex with her" even if no intention.

So, I am leaning more towards having them in the story at a later date, it's just up in the air in what context they'll be.
While I am undoubtedly a fan of incest, I don't require it on every game. If it makes sense, sure, why not? If it needs to be nailed to the story, nope, don't even bother, I'd rather not. There are plenty of games with mothers and sisters, that have no whiff of incest, so, to be perfectly honest, when you named them Landlady and Roommate, you wanted to keep your options open, but, in reality, you created the expectation of drilling content with them, whether on purpose or not, the expectation is created. Also, why did the MC had to rent a house for many years (with him just being 20)? Was he orphaned? If so, not in foster care, orphanage or something similar? If not, what of his biological family?

You see, by taking that step of naming them the way you did, you created a plot hole, it would have been better to put them has Adoptive Mother and Adoptive Sister, that would cover the censorship and allow for easy patch if need be.

Just my 2 cents.

Peace :)

V4mpire

Game Developer
Dec 20, 2020
While I am undoubtedly a fan of incest, I don't require it on every game. If it makes sense, sure, why not? If it needs to be nailed to the story, nope, don't even bother, I'd rather not. There are plenty of games with mothers and sisters, that have no whiff of incest, so, to be perfectly honest, when you named them Landlady and Roommate, you wanted to keep your options open, but, in reality, you created the expectation of drilling content with them, whether on purpose or not, the expectation is created. Also, why did the MC had to rent a house for many years (with him just being 20)? Was he orphaned? If so, not in foster care, orphanage or something similar? If not, what of his biological family?

You see, by taking that step of naming them the way you did, you created a plot hole, it would have been better to put them has Adoptive Mother and Adoptive Sister, that would cover the censorship and allow for easy patch if need be.

Just my 2 cents.

Peace :)
They can get funny about it because of the "mother" or "sister" word, but as for plot hole with them named as they are, many have done it, granted was previously mostly because of patreon, not it's just for those who don't like the straight forward naming, but you do have a point, i'll probably sort a patch when they're in future updates, regardless of any of that "incest" content or not.

Hellster

Engaged Member
May 18, 2019
I would advise reducing the compression on the renders, they look very washed out and have heavy compression artifacts.
I get wanting to save file size etc, but not to the point where the renders look awful, up to you though.

V4mpire

Game Developer
Dec 20, 2020
I would advise reducing the compression on the renders, they look very washed out and have heavy compression artifacts.
I get wanting to save file size etc, but not to the point where the renders look awful, up to you though.
That might be down to some of the render settings in some scenes needing to be higher and i didn't notice, as the only "compression" if you wish to call it that is just converting from png to webp, other than that, i've done no additional compression on them.

However some look a little like it, no matter what I tried, messed with lating, raising the settings, to no avail, it only added to render times.

Which scene/s in particular did you notice this on?.

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes