Pgsurprise

Nov 27, 2022
And Pgsurprise I'm sorry my words were too hard for you to comprehend my intent, and you needed everything to be literal apparently. Is just a guaranteed death sentence enough in place of certain death, which by the way MC only escaped by the skin of his teeth thanks to Gaius? I'm sorry certain death was too big a generalization for you to get that or that you couldn't recall what exactly transpired beyond "Duhhhhh, but the MC is alive, duhhhhh". Thank you for telling me in case I hadn't noticed by the way :rolleyes: And yes, plenty of people disagree but have you also noticed that no one actually answers the point as to why?
I am sorry that I didn't grasp the complexity of your argument. And, that I must've not been complicated enough when I said "Sorry, I'm just going for a laugh". I thought "certain death" was funny since he didn't die.

To clarify my position on this...I don't care. The entire plot of this game is goofy and unbelievable. But I find it entertaining, interesting, and we'll written. I'm not going to do some critical review of an (incomplete) AVN as if it is Shakespeare.

Hawka1O7

Dec 25, 2018
I am sorry that I didn't grasp the complexity of your argument. And, that I must've not been complicated enough when I said "Sorry, I'm just going for a laugh". I thought "certain death" was funny since he didn't die.

To clarify my position on this...I don't care. The entire plot of this game is goofy and unbelievable. But I find it entertaining, interesting, and we'll written. I'm not going to do some critical review of an (incomplete) AVN as if it is Shakespeare.

If you didn't care then you didn't need to insert that last bit about plenty of other posts that disagree with my point, suggesting that you shared that consensus. If people had just done that I'd have thrown up my hands and agreed to disagree by now, but they acted like they were completely blind and didn't even read it before answering. That's not critical reviewing, it's just dumb willful ignorance, which deserved to be called out. But yeah, let's wrap it up here <_<

camube

Jun 4, 2022

my feeling towards New Antioch is pretty mixed too. The "novel" part of the AVN is actually pretty good. But the "adult" part of the avn does not mix well with the "novel" part in my opinion.

Desert Stalker as a direct comparison mix the Adult and the Novel part pretty well. New Antioch's mix is pretty messy. So I can see your view of the game being "goofy". I wouldn't say the game is goofy but it's somewhat all over the place.

The game would probably have a more believable story if it doesn't have to make itself incorporate adult elements on it.

Reactions: SperryTop

Pgsurprise

Nov 27, 2022
my feeling towards New Antioch is pretty mixed too. The "novel" part of the AVN is actually pretty good. But the "adult" part of the avn does not mix well with the "novel" part in my opinion.

Desert Stalker as a direct comparison mix the Adult and the Novel part pretty well. New Antioch's mix is pretty messy. So I can see your view of the game being "goofy". I wouldn't say the game is goofy but it's somewhat all over the place.

The game would probably have a more believable story if it doesn't have to make itself incorporate adult elements on it.
I pretty much count on sex in AVNs being just nonsensically shoved in. And, I don't think Desert Stalker is an exception. But, in real life we, well at least I, don't live in a world of harems where I have the only cock that isn't tiny or where powerful men just woo women or take slaves.

Before I explain the goofy, a little caveat and respect for the devs. They're often times writing, coding, and rendering alone. They are dealing with a mix of audiences that want varying degrees of a slow burn and fuckfest. Finally, I've never done it, but I imagine if you wrote them in book form they'd be short stories, or novellas at best. So, I figure with all that, you gotta give some leeway in plot development.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Tomion

Jan 10, 2019
Sorry for the stupid question and apologies if it's already been asked, but if it's no secret, why did you decide to mold the main character's face from Adam Driver?

PaxHadrian17

Engaged Member
Sep 8, 2020
Dev Log - October 27, 2024

zzzzz Devlog-e06-1.png

Hail citizens,
Welcome to the first dev log for episode 6. We're officially in the second half.
I completed the episode plan, wrote about 1k words of dialogue, and made 30 renders this week. Scene 1 out of 13 is complete, and scene 2 is in progress. Would've liked to have done more renders, but unfortunately I got delayed by my HDD dying.
Episode 6 will take you into the Solarium--as eerie as it is beautiful--and further beyond. You'll have the opportunity to help and forge alliances with troubled factions, or leave them in freefall instead.
It'll feature the introduction of the last LI, and a number of choices that will affect the fate of the empire. I won't spoil who the adult scenes are with this time around (a suggestion from you guys). ;)
Thank you guys for continuing to support New Antioch! I'll see you in next week's log.
Cheers,
TheRedMyst

Cheers!! :coffee:

Leinad_Sevla

Jun 30, 2023
A
Dev Log - October 27, 2024

View attachment 4172393

Hail citizens,
Welcome to the first dev log for episode 6. We're officially in the second half.
I completed the episode plan, wrote about 1k words of dialogue, and made 30 renders this week. Scene 1 out of 13 is complete, and scene 2 is in progress. Would've liked to have done more renders, but unfortunately I got delayed by my HDD dying.
Episode 6 will take you into the Solarium--as eerie as it is beautiful--and further beyond. You'll have the opportunity to help and forge alliances with troubled factions, or leave them in freefall instead.
It'll feature the introduction of the last LI, and a number of choices that will affect the fate of the empire. I won't spoil who the adult scenes are with this time around (a suggestion from you guys). ;)
Thank you guys for continuing to support New Antioch! I'll see you in next week's log.
Cheers,
TheRedMyst

Cheers!! :coffee:
Another love interest, hein? From the Solarium? Maybe a rival for Safiya?

4.70 star(s) 98 Votes