Ebonheart (FR)

Formerly 'Azeroth67000'
May 15, 2018
I was talking about Dante wanting him dead aspect. And, again, people accept James Bond as entertaining stories, despite not being remotely covert.

As for the focus on the arena, I suppose we have to see if that plot continues. I doubt it goes back there.
I'm not suggesting that Dante definitely wanted him dead. It's perhaps more credible and at least possible to remove him physically, but it's not totally out of the question either. It's simply too risky to delve too deeply into the intentions of a character about whom we don't know everything at this stage.
I understand the James Bond analogy, and therefore the suspension of disbelief, but whereas it's accepted in your example, I don't see how it applies here. Story simplicities or plot shortcuts are conceivable, as are simple neglects. Furthermore, the desire to entertain doesn't prevent a story from being well-crafted and coherent, it just depends on the authors and their intentions with regard to the target audience. However, we can disagree and not have the same perception, where I see simple negligence or disparities in script coherence, you see deliberate omissions. I still don't think it works here.
I don't think we'll be back fighting in the arena either, unless the scenario proves otherwise, which wasn't my point here anyway.

Last edited:

Pgsurprise

Nov 27, 2022
I'm not suggesting that Dante definitely wanted him dead. It's perhaps more credible and at least possible to remove him physically, but it's not totally out of the question either. It's simply too risky to delve too deeply into the intentions of a character about whom we don't know everything at this stage.
I understand the James Bond analogy, and therefore the suspension of disbelief, but whereas it's accepted in your example, I don't see how it applies here. Story simplicities or plot shortcuts are conceivable, as are simple neglects. Furthermore, the desire to entertain doesn't prevent a story from being well-crafted and coherent, it just depends on the authors and their intentions with regard to the target audience. However, we can disagree and not have the same perception, where I see simple negligence or disparities in script coherence, you see deliberate omissions. I still don't think it works here.
I don't think we'll be back fighting in the arena either, unless the scenario proves otherwise, which wasn't my point here anyway.
Well, I can live a happy and fruitful life knowing that we disagree on this (my view) minor point. :p

Ebonheart (FR)

Formerly 'Azeroth67000'
May 15, 2018
Well, I can live a happy and fruitful life knowing that we disagree on this (my view) minor point. :p
I wasn't going to bump into you or hate you for a slight difference of opinion anyway haha It's actually quite minor, I'm simply someone attached to the way a good story is constructed, without it necessarily being complicated, but that it holds together and remains coherent. The level of writing, without being perfect, is already amply superior to others who claim to build their avns around a rich dramatic scenario. So I can perfectly live with that too, no worries :)

Reactions: Pgsurprise

Hawka1O7

Dec 25, 2018
:rolleyes: Sigh, I didn't ignore anything. I meant it in general. As I said, I explained everything several times and backed it up by screenshots from the game. The game says what it says.
In short:
There is no definitive evidence Dante is trying to kill MC yet in my game. Future updates may or may not provide some.
MC needs to get into NA quickly, otherwise it would take months or years [more on this at the end]
He needs to definitively cut ties with Aqua Palma otherwise he would not be trusted in NA and would get nowhere as a spy/infiltrator
Additionally, Faustina already wants MC killed because she doesn't want him as a potential successor to Patrius since she perceives him as a more dangerous person than Dante. That's the real reason Aquila was supposed to kill him. It would be actual suicide for MC to just waltz into NA as an immigrant for no reason. She would probably kill him on day one. Since he no longer has ties to Aqua Palma he no longer represents that threat.

Frankly, I'm not sure why you're so fixated on him, but discussion about Dante is largely pointless for one simple reason. He has points. That is to say, his behavior depends on player input. If you treat him like shit, it's possible he will reciprocate and maybe even try to murder MC. On the other hand, if you treat him better you will likely get better treatment. Everyone will probably be able to adjust his behavior.
In my game I treated him well and as of now, 0.5 update, it does not look like he's trying to kill MC. He's jealous, maybe depressed and suffers from inferiority complex because everyone always had higher opinion of MC rather than him, but that is understandable. It could not have been easy being compared to MC. Dante is unaware MC is basically bio-engineered superhuman and in fact no one can compete with MC.
Feel free to ignore me because that's all you did in my post. I repeatedly brought up the point about the cover story putting

Again, you're deflecting and bringing up that point is irrelevant because as I have repeatedly tried to course correct this conversation to, this isn't about New Antioch. Again it doesn't matter what Faustina did or did not intend to do, this is about irrefutable facts/evidence that is staring you in the face and you just completely ignore it once again, that being Dante doing something that only served one purpose. Which was creating a cover story designed to get the MC killed, and you just completely ignored it again. And again, and again.

I wouldn't be so fixated about him if you didn't keep bringing up pointless miscellaneous things and argue about subjectivity on what is a clear cut fact. Or say that is somehow about game input when that has no effect on what he does. Because no matter how badly or how good you treat Dante, he will always do this same thing. Sending us into New Antioch under certain death for the fake crime of patricide hanging over the MC's head. And then telling you it was for your own protection when it does the complete opposite. I'm pretty sure I'm writing this in plain English so what exactly about this is so hard to grasp that you never address it? Even if you gave me a reason I disagree with I'd probably have dropped it by now, but here you're just plain missing for no apparent reason :FacePalm:

I will give you one kudos, that bit about Faustina being the one to tightening immigration was missed by me since I never picked that option before, glad we clarified it tightened under HER reign. of course You also know that it completely destroys your argument about cyclical abuse by New Antioch to the provinces now because Faustina is actually trying to address the problem the former free movement policy had on them retaining labor? Cause leaving out the part that the change happened under her reign was just a small mistake on your part, I'm sure :WeSmart:

Now if only you weren't constantly blind to the plain evidence staring back into your face, but at least I don't have to waste my breath anymore spelling it out for you :rolleyes:

MagicMan753

Nov 19, 2021
Feel free to ignore me because that's all you did in my post. I repeatedly brought up the point about the cover story putting

Again, you're deflecting and bringing up that point is irrelevant because as I have repeatedly tried to course correct this conversation to, this isn't about New Antioch. Again it doesn't matter what Faustina did or did not intend to do, this is about irrefutable facts/evidence that is staring you in the face and you just completely ignore it once again, that being Dante doing something that only served one purpose. Which was creating a cover story designed to get the MC killed, and you just completely ignored it again. And again, and again.

I wouldn't be so fixated about him if you didn't keep bringing up pointless miscellaneous things and argue about subjectivity on what is a clear cut fact. Or say that is somehow about game input when that has no effect on what he does. Because no matter how badly or how good you treat Dante, he will always do this same thing. Sending us into New Antioch under certain death for the fake crime of patricide hanging over the MC's head. And then telling you it was for your own protection when it does the complete opposite. I'm pretty sure I'm writing this in plain English so what exactly about this is so hard to grasp that you never address it? Even if you gave me a reason I disagree with I'd probably have dropped it by now, but here you're just plain missing for no apparent reason :FacePalm:

I will give you one kudos, that bit about Faustina being the one to tightening immigration was missed by me since I never picked that option before, glad we clarified it tightened under HER reign. of course You also know that it completely destroys your argument about cyclical abuse by New Antioch to the provinces now because Faustina is actually trying to address the problem the former free movement policy had on them retaining labor? Cause leaving out the part that the change happened under her reign was just a small mistake on your part, I'm sure :WeSmart:

Now if only you weren't constantly blind to the plain evidence staring back into your face, but at least I don't have to waste my breath anymore spelling it out for you :rolleyes:
Dante didn't try to kill you. He placed the blame on us, because his plan was to infiltrate new antioch and put the balme on them even though he know what he did. The MC's goal was to go undercover, he was not supposed to get caught, the do was not supposed to find him. Dante at no point ratted us out or told them we were coming. I didn't know Dante can control dogs to give away our location apparently. Putting the blame on MC was easier since the MC was going undecover. Dante may have made slme questionable decisions, liek working wirh bad people, but Dante's goal was for mc to take down new antioch and put the blame on them, because he didn't want to admit to his brother what he did. So no Dante did not try to kill us. You can argue all you want after this, I will no longer respond to this srgument between you two or you view points beacaue you are clearly stuck in your mind about something not true.

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
Just got done with the update, and huh, it was pretty good.

Really enjoying this expedition arc; ngl, I'm really digging the MC travelling around going to places of old and new places cause it allows for plenty of world building.
Not to mention the responses/reactions of characters like Luci who's only lived in the Capital experiencing just how worse off everyone else is compared to her life of luxury, I do think adds a lot to her characterization.

Luci's whole "I will stand between you and my mother if it's required."
At first I thought it was only her individual support of the MC, but that whole twist in the end of the update with the robocop legion it does seem that she can physically back it up, given she's the only one who currently has the command codes to the legions.

And Gaius?
He's continuing to be my favorite non-LI character with this game.

Not that there's all that many likable or very memorable non-LI characters here, but with how honored and principled his character is and his chemistry with MC and the girls.
One can't help but root for him to survive in all dangerous encounters and continue to give his sage advice to MC, Imperatix and the girls.

Last edited:

ImSenjou

Apr 15, 2019
I have doubts about what the possible future would be if the MC chooses Aqua Palma and not New Antioch, would it be a future where he gets screwed and dies?

The harem only works if he is on the side of New Antioch, since except for Safiya, everyone is from New Antioch, including the future empress and her sister.

In Aqua Palma there is no one, and if the "rebels" manage to take New Antioch, which seems impossible, but let's assume it happens, then in that situation, the girls would have resentment against the MC, and again, only Safiya could be an exception.

BurgRoyce

Jul 17, 2022
I'm fine with grey morality characters, but, as another user previously said, there must be a line at some point between grey and outright evil. And that kind of "technological necromancy" so to speak, falls way beyond that line :oops:

On another topic, according to the walktrough, it seems that Luciana's path requires being also on Aquila's path. Forcing you to both or neither of them...
And even more weirdly, when my MC talks with Luciana after the battle, they have a weird conversation about you having rejected Aquila, and Luciana being mad about it... A conversation that, again according to the walktrough, ONLY happens if you're on both paths.
But that previous scene about rejecting Aquila in front of Luciana never happened on my playthrough because I'm not on Aquila's path :rolleyes:, but game seems to assume it happened...

That's not a bug but a weird and illogical conversation that should be different, IMHO.

Last edited:

Krytax123

Dec 29, 2022
Just got done with the update, and huh, it was pretty good.

Really enjoying this expedition arc; ngl, I'm really digging the MC travelling around going to places of old and new places cause it allows for plenty of world building.
Not to mention the responses/reactions of characters like Luci who's only lived in the Capital experiencing just how worse off everyone else is compared to her life of luxury, I do think adds a lot to her characterization.

Luci's whole "I will stand between you and my mother if it's required."
At first I thought it was only her individual support of the MC, but that whole twist in the end of the update with the robocop legion it does seem that she can physically back it up, given she's the only one who currently has the command codes to the legions.

And Gaius?
He's continuing to be my favorite non-LI character with this game.

Not that there's all that many likable or very memorable non-LI characters here, but with how honored and principled his character is and his chemistry with MC and the girls.
One can't help but root for him to survive in all dangerous encounters and continue to give his sage advice to MC, Imperatix and the girls.
Agree with everything yet unfortunaly i think Gaius dying is set in stone already, hes way too cool to not die heroically :ROFLMAO:

Krytax123

Dec 29, 2022
I have doubts about what the possible future would be if the MC chooses Aqua Palma and not New Antioch, would it be a future where he gets screwed and dies?

The harem only works if he is on the side of New Antioch, since except for Safiya, everyone is from New Antioch, including the future empress and her sister.

In Aqua Palma there is no one, and if the "rebels" manage to take New Antioch, which seems impossible, but let's assume it happens, then in that situation, the girls would have resentment against the MC, and again, only Safiya could be an exception.
I doubt it will be a decision like that (supporting new antioch or aqua palma) and i suspect it will more like split up in different "new antioch" factions if any.

I'm fine with grey morality characters, but, as another user previously said, there must be a line at some point between grey and outright evil. And that kind of "technological necromancy" so to speak, falls way beyond that line :oops:

On another topic, according to the walktrough, it seems that Luciana's path requires being also on Aquila's path. Forcing you to both or neither of them...
And even more weirdly, when my MC talks with Luciana after the battle, they have a weird conversation about you having rejected Aquila, and Luciana being mad about it... A conversation that, again according to the walktrough, ONLY happens if you're on both paths.
But that previous scene about rejecting Aquila in front of Luciana never happened on my playthrough because I'm not on Aquila's path :rolleyes:, but game seems to assume it happened...

That's not a bug but a weird and illogical conversation that should be different, IMHO.
Wasnt like that in my pt, the dialogue (while being with both) made sense, didnt tried to reject Aquila tho

Danv

Aug 21, 2020
kinda surprised what revisiting Aqua Palma was so uneventful, was fully expecting for shit to really go down there or at least some major drama happening, but no - just a short stop on a journey and it's done

S1nsational

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022

I predict that our friendly neighborhood three headed dog will take over New Antioch and Aqua Palma before our return from the Seers.

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
I have doubts about what the possible future would be if the MC chooses Aqua Palma and not New Antioch,
1) Burn the fucker down.
2) Dance a merry jig.
3) Skip away whistling.

It's a minor bug with a variable getting set to the wrong default value: You'll get a few lines of wrong dialogue but no other consequences currently. The dev has acknowledged it upstream a ways so it'll likely be fixed in the next update.

Jun 16, 2022
I haven't caught up with the latest episode yet, still on episode 4, but I just wanted to comment real quick that I absolutely regret not playing this game much, much sooner. I love the drama, the complexity of the characters, the setting and the history behind this continent. I was not expecting this whatsoever, and had this game in my files for the longest time, and finally gave New Antioch a shot less than a week ago, and haven't looked back since. Additionally, I do see a little of bit of inspiration from Game of Thrones like you mentioned. Please keep up the phenomenal work, developer.

Side note: Another reason I wanted to comment so badly is: Mateo is freshly sworn into the praetorian guard, already got Faustina's hand around his cock in a bath shoulder to shoulder and all Enzo can do is watch, talking business with a few of the senators, a fan girl that was obsessive before for Enzo kissed him with Mateo's cum in her mouth, and Mateo now is seen favorably by the public for intervening in Enzo's rampage as well as making a store owner feel sympathy towards a beggar that stole from him in the process. This happened in one day. The cherry on top should be Mateo beating Cicero in a game of chess. Mateo unintentionally as well as intentionally ruining Enzo's life without breaking a sweat. I can't wait for the climax of Enzo's downfall from his fake grace.

Hawka1O7

Dec 25, 2018
Dante didn't try to kill you. He placed the blame on us, because his plan was to infiltrate new antioch and put the balme on them even though he know what he did. The MC's goal was to go undercover, he was not supposed to get caught, the do was not supposed to find him. Dante at no point ratted us out or told them we were coming. I didn't know Dante can control dogs to give away our location apparently. Putting the blame on MC was easier since the MC was going undecover. Dante may have made slme questionable decisions, liek working wirh bad people, but Dante's goal was for mc to take down new antioch and put the blame on them, because he didn't want to admit to his brother what he did. So no Dante did not try to kill us. You can argue all you want after this, I will no longer respond to this srgument between you two or you view points beacaue you are clearly stuck in your mind about something not true.
We didn't die. Did you mean uncertain death?

Sorry, I'm just going for a laugh. There's already plenty of posts that have shown why people disagree.
You both get the same answer since you both wanted to insert yourself into this, because apparently I've been too complicated so I will ask you MagicMan first here one simple question.

In what convoluted reality did placing the blame on the MC somehow magically transfer the blame to New Antioch? Please, please try to explain that for me. Because you know something about your attempt to rationalize Dante's actions by making up that cover story that carried a literal death sentence? Even Dante never used that 'argument'. If I recall he said he made that story up to 'protect the MC' from getting executed if he got caught because since 'New Antioch' committed the crime they'd accept the MCs defection as genuine since they'd know he was 'innocent'. And do you recall what happened when that scenario did by chance happen? The exact opposite which was a prison cell and a slotted public execution! And all I have said and this is factual because it literally happened and there is no other logical reason why it wouldn't have otherwise, is that his cover story and excuse was designed to get the MC killed. Just the cover story, no BS about dogs or tipping off guards, just the story designed with only one possible purpose to get the MC an instant death sentence. A cover story that does nothing but hinder said infiltration since it makes MC a wanted man and hunted man the second he steps into New Antioch. All while you are literally just making stuff up now with a point that doesn't even make logical sense, because again how exactly does blaming the MC equals translate into blaming New Antioch in your circular head? o_O

And Pgsurprise I'm sorry my words were too hard for you to comprehend my intent, and you needed everything to be literal apparently. Is just a guaranteed death sentence enough in place of certain death, which by the way MC only escaped by the skin of his teeth thanks to Gaius? I'm sorry certain death was too big a generalization for you to get that or that you couldn't recall what exactly transpired beyond "Duhhhhh, but the MC is alive, duhhhhh". Thank you for telling me in case I hadn't noticed by the way :rolleyes: And yes, plenty of people disagree but have you also noticed that no one actually answers the point as to why?

Last edited:
Reactions: Krytax123
4.70 star(s) 98 Votes