Ren'Py New Body - New Life Remake [v0.14] [Moccasin's Mirror]

3.50 star(s) 4 Votes

Hordragg

Lesser-Known Mesmer
Donor
Compressor
Apr 2, 2019
New Body - New Life Remake [v0.9] [Moccasin's Mirror] – COMPRESSED

Win/Linux v0.9 · · · (378.4 MiB :: 5.18 GiB)
Mac v0.9 · · · (344.2 MiB :: 5.15 GiB)
This compression is unofficial, reduces asset quality, and may or may not break your game.

Caveat emptor.

Comaco

Aug 10, 2017
I'll fix that for the new version that should be out in a couple of weeks
In the new version, I have a few characters where it doesn't say no more content, but instead just has no text in the field in notes.

I also have Lola where it says I have to train more, but I have no options to train now, and Isabella where is says she wants to meet me in the park.

In both cases, I played through an entire week to be sure, and no more options are left.

Is this something I could fix by starting a new game, or is something else going on?

CeLezte

Sep 10, 2017
one other thing that needs fixing is the ability to close the phone widgets. For instance, when you open the stats menu, it cannot be closed and it permanently blocks the middle of the screen.

Reactions: BTLD

Moccasin's Mirror

Game Developer
Mar 5, 2018
In the new version, I have a few characters where it doesn't say no more content, but instead just has no text in the field in notes.

I also have Lola where it says I have to train more, but I have no options to train now, and Isabella where is says she wants to meet me in the park.

In both cases, I played through an entire week to be sure, and no more options are left.

Is this something I could fix by starting a new game, or is something else going on?
I'm pretty sure Lola and Isabella events were in the morning (only during the weekend). That might be the issue, but if that's not the case at least Lola would be 100% fixed in the next version, at least Jenna had a similar kind of mistake that was an easy fix (from me) and don't requiere for you to restart your save.

one other thing that needs fixing is the ability to close the phone widgets. For instance, when you open the stats menu, it cannot be closed and it permanently blocks the middle of the screen.
I'll try to fix that on v0.10!

LGM

Nov 22, 2018
This might be the most carelessly written game I've seen here. At least that's what I thought until I saw evidence that this was actually translated. My point it that the script looks like it's either written by someone who's bad at spelling, grammar, and comma placement, or by someone who doesn't give a shit.

I've recently started taking screenshots while playing Ren'Py games for the first time, to keep track of stuff to write for comments like this one. So I took a screenshot of every line that definitely had something wrong with it until I hit 100. I reached 100 during the interview with Oscar. So basically, the main thing I can say about this game is that it is in dire need of a proofread.

I also wonder about the quality of the early renders, mainly the ones in the hotel. The renders look fine elsewhere, but those really took me aback.

Sorry if this seems harsh. The plot seems interesting enough, and I would probably love to read it if the script was cleaned up.

Moccasin's Mirror

Game Developer
Mar 5, 2018
This might be the most carelessly written game I've seen here. At least that's what I thought until I saw evidence that this was actually translated. My point it that the script looks like it's either written by someone who's bad at spelling, grammar, and comma placement, or by someone who doesn't give a shit.

I've recently started taking screenshots while playing Ren'Py games for the first time, to keep track of stuff to write for comments like this one. So I took a screenshot of every line that definitely had something wrong with it until I hit 100. I reached 100 during the interview with Oscar. So basically, the main thing I can say about this game is that it is in dire need of a proofread.

I also wonder about the quality of the early renders, mainly the ones in the hotel. The renders look fine elsewhere, but those really took me aback.

Sorry if this seems harsh. The plot seems interesting enough, and I would probably love to read it if the script was cleaned up.
I'd love to see those screenshots, fixing 100 mistakes would be nice. To be honest I haven't had any look finding someone to proofread it and considering I'm not from an english speaking country forcing my friends to play it didn't help.

For the hotel ones maybe I should remake the whole scene, it was made using my old computer and maybe it can be animated in the next update.

In any case thanks for your feedback!

LeCruft

Apr 15, 2018
out of curiosity, idk if you've maybe mentioned it somewhere else before but do you already have an intended end to this game in mind? or are you just sort of going until you feel you've got enough content to wrap it up?

Moccasin's Mirror

Game Developer
Mar 5, 2018
out of curiosity, idk if you've maybe mentioned it somewhere else before but do you already have an intended end to this game in mind? or are you just sort of going until you feel you've got enough content to wrap it up?
The game ends when Nicole marries, depending on the route how long it takes to get to the ending but I wanted to have Karin's short route for v0.9 (It's not there). So, as the next version we should start having endings for the shortest routes :D

CboyC95

Engaged Member
Feb 22, 2019
I don't know why, but I've seen way too many typos and grammatical errors for me to count.

Troqu

Aug 6, 2017
The game ends when Nicole marries, depending on the route how long it takes to get to the ending but I wanted to have Karin's short route for v0.9 (It's not there). So, as the next version we should start having endings for the shortest routes :D
That sounds exciting, been a while since an update too, when will it be coming?

CboyC95

Engaged Member
Feb 22, 2019
The typos and spelling errors that were overlooked.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

On a side note, when Nicole (or the protagonist in Nicole's body) starts to monologue, couldn't you add a way to differentiate the two so it won't get confusing for when Nicole actually talks to somebody?

Last edited:

Moccasin's Mirror

Game Developer
Mar 5, 2018
That sounds exciting, been a while since an update too, when will it be coming?
I posted it on patreon 2 days ago, so it will be here in about 4 weeks

The typos and spelling errors that were overlooked.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

On a side note, when Nicole (or the protagonist in Nicole's body) starts to monologue, couldn't you add a way to differentiate the two so it won't get confusing for when Nicole actually talks to somebody?
Thanks for the list! I'm fixing it all, although you'll see them fixed in version 0.11. In any case I normally use parentesis when she is thinking/talking to herself and there are more people with her.

Reactions: Troqu
3.50 star(s) 4 Votes