Ren'Py Abandoned New Body, New Life [v0.7] [Moccasin's Mirror]

3.90 star(s) 7 Votes

DKoW

Mar 23, 2019
Mostly a message for the developer.

Any chance you can not have a hard end point thanking people for playing and just let the game continue as normal? In my current save, I have 3 quests that I haven't got to and for a Sandbox type game, it seems really silly to have the version end card and then go back to the main menu when there are still stuff to do.

Only criticism

Moccasin's Mirror

Game Developer
Mar 5, 2018
The description sounds horrible but the pictures look okay. I hope I don't see lots of gay stuff.
I'll try to over look the tranny or whatever if its fucking lots of hot girls.
Don't worry every bit of content that includes a dick can be avoided and most of the content is girl on girl.

When I reloaded my save files I keep getting an error message every time I click the heart icon. So, I tried doing a new game and I hit the heart icon to see if it happens again. The heart icon opens up, but when I clicked on Nicole I got the same message and the game crashes. Has anyone got that problem yet?
Weird, maybe something failed during the download?

Mostly a message for the developer.

Any chance you can not have a hard end point thanking people for playing and just let the game continue as normal? In my current save, I have 3 quests that I haven't got to and for a Sandbox type game, it seems really silly to have the version end card and then go back to the main menu when there are still stuff to do.

Only criticism
I know it's an issue, but I don't find a way to fix it. The problem for this game is that in game date works as the skeleton of the game, so I can't remove it now and having an endless mode wouldn't trigger events or would cause future versions of the game to break.
The only idea I have to fix it is when you reach certain "ending" date that you can loop the last week (not loosing you progress) so the date won't cause errors but you can still keep playing, although I have to reach that ending date.
But at least for future games we know that's an issue for many people (we are finishing Lust Vessel and starting another game soon).
Sorry for the "I can't fix it"

SecretDesire

May 15, 2019
Yea that time thing realy bothering you got really good game but i can't finish all quest or see all scenes yet game ending so it's impossible to open all scenes in one time game play other then that everything is okey.

Zontany

Mar 13, 2018
Weird, maybe something failed during the download?
I didn't see any errors or have it fail on me when it was downloading and extracting. I've been playing a new game since my post and I'm currently on May 6. Everything about the game is working normal, it's just whenever I click on a character's name an error message appears and crashes. This probably doesn't help, but this is what I got after I clicked on someone's name...

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Dec 23, 2017
The problem for this game is that in game date works as the skeleton of the game, so I can't remove it now and having an endless mode wouldn't trigger events or would cause future versions of the game to break.
manually triggering the event after unlocking it or manually changing the day wouldn't work?

DKoW

Mar 23, 2019
I know it's an issue, but I don't find a way to fix it. The problem for this game is that in game date works as the skeleton of the game, so I can't remove it now and having an endless mode wouldn't trigger events or would cause future versions of the game to break.
The only idea I have to fix it is when you reach certain "ending" date that you can loop the last week (not loosing you progress) so the date won't cause errors but you can still keep playing, although I have to reach that ending date.
But at least for future games we know that's an issue for many people (we are finishing Lust Vessel and starting another game soon).
Sorry for the "I can't fix it"
Couldn't you switch the events that have to happen on a set date, must happen on a set day instead after you've completed some quest beforehand that acts as a trigger for that specific event?

I know there are many other games that do something like this.

For example, the latest ending quest. Could this have had an earlier event where you meet up with one of the characters and discuss them meeting up on the specific day of any week (So for this example, Friday) which acts as the trigger and then it just plays out automatically on that day (though this example is bad since it is an unfinished event). Then once that is done it just rolls on to the next week and we can continue with the unfinished quests.

Moccasin's Mirror

Game Developer
Mar 5, 2018
Yea that time thing realy bothering you got really good game but i can't finish all quest or see all scenes yet game ending so it's impossible to open all scenes in one time game play other then that everything is okey.
manually triggering the event after unlocking it or manually changing the day wouldn't work?
Couldn't you switch the events that have to happen on a set date, must happen on a set day instead after you've completed some quest beforehand that acts as a trigger for that specific event?

I know there are many other games that do something like this.

For example, the latest ending quest. Could this have had an earlier event where you meet up with one of the characters and discuss them meeting up on the specific day of any week (So for this example, Friday) which acts as the trigger and then it just plays out automatically on that day (though this example is bad since it is an unfinished event). Then once that is done it just rolls on to the next week and we can continue with the unfinished quests.
I'm thinking on a workaround, for most of the solutions I would need to restart the game from scratch though. The date (and events triggered by date) works as the skeleton of the game. Mostly than fixing a few lines of code is a design error, but I'm thinking on a workaround for future versions, most likely a trigger that gets you to the first day of the last week or something like that. Probably for next version I'll have a real solution to this issue, because I know there are many of you who don't like it. ;)

More balanced choices would've been preferrable tbh.
It's hard to make a decent looking male on Koikatsu and at the begining we had a bug that prevented penises to show so one thing led to another and in the end Nicole is mostly a lesbian (or a straight male)

Sep 15, 2017
I'm thinking on a workaround, for most of the solutions I would need to restart the game from scratch though. The date (and events triggered by date) works as the skeleton of the game. Mostly than fixing a few lines of code is a design error, but I'm thinking on a workaround for future versions, most likely a trigger that gets you to the first day of the last week or something like that. Probably for next version I'll have a real solution to this issue, because I know there are many of you who don't like it. ;)
I like this game, but having it end before I've had a chance to explore all of it's content has been mildly frustrating. Glad to hear you plan on addressing it, since, imo, it's the only major flaw the game has currently.

It's hard to make a decent looking male on Koikatsu and at the begining we had a bug that prevented penises to show so one thing led to another and in the end Nicole is mostly a lesbian (or a straight male)
There's not enough good lesbian games anyway, so I for one am glad that's the way it worked out. (y)

Reactions: Moccasin's Mirror

DKoW

Mar 23, 2019
I was talking more about future content. Leave what you've done up until now with the date specific mechanics and continue the rest of the game without it. Asking you to essentially restart the game would be just stupid of the community to ask for. However, for future content, switching it so that important story progression events are just triggered by a previous quest I think would be doable.

The date system may be the "Skeleton of the game" but I don't believe you need to stay locked into that. I mean, most of the quests in the game aren't so I can imagine it wouldn't be difficult to restructure the important story quests to trigger in a previous quest and happen on a specific day of the week, rather than a specific date.

Just my thoughts. I'm glad that you are working on this though.

As to her just being a Lesbian, I am just fine with that. And for a game with a male in a female body it makes a ton of sense. He is in complete control of what she is doing (barring recent events of course) and his sexual preference isn't going to change just because he is in a woman's body. If the old Nicole was still in there, then maybe that would be a source for conflict between her and him and he'd be dragged into straight sex because she won out. However, since she is not there, it makes perfect sense that he would gravitate to women solely.

So yeah. Keep going as you are. I fully support the Lesbian direction

Last edited:

MrLakes1579

Mar 1, 2019
I really like this game, there was another body switching game I played with a similar art style. It's not necessarily my cup of tea but it's mostly unique and your own thing.

Storywise is where I think this game shines. Like I love the fact that you explicitly state that improved kindness caring and respect is the goal about being good. There was another game I've been playing that I praised for the fact that you could play as a very "wholesome slut." The fact that you're sleeping around doesn't automatically downgrade your morality and mean that you have to be a terrible person. You can be someone who really likes sex with different people and can approach that with warmth, honesty, friendliness, and humor. I tend to like being able to actually play that kind of slut and it's really rare that you get to play that, the fact that it's mostly lesbian is just icing on the cake.

I think most people who would want to play a slutty character would prefer playing it as a lesbian, I like the thought of playing mostly lesbian but I'd be down for a hook up with an extreme ladies man where there's mutual respect for each other's game and we need to see what the fuss is all about with each other, or another slut fantasy I'd like playing out is blowing some nerdy guy's mind by letting him fuck a girl totally out of his league. But I'm going off on my own kinks and not talking about the game so I'll get back on topic.

I like how you get the option to connect with multiple girls, one think I'd like to see with the main character is some growth. I'd like seeing Nicole get a bit more confident and take charge in her sexual encounters. Not even necessarily in the "domme" sense, just in directly offering herself or asking what she wants.

All around though great game.

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
Haven't finished 0.6 yet but anyway:
I wasn't expecting much from this but I was blown away. The writing, the understandable inner conflict, the search for Nicole's memories... Everything just feels on point, nothing's too jarring.
Is it Mya or Mia? I've seen it spelled both ways in game dialogue and the character list has her as "Mya". I'm so confused.
Dropping the bomb on Julie was... Uncomfortable for me. I like Julie, I'm going to have to see how that one pans out.
Sammy's just too adorable. I can't help but love her.
Lola trying (and failing) to convince everybody (except Tara, she's amazingly dense) that she's straight was hilarious.
I was just afraid the MC was destined for the Cock Sock pile but this does it the other way around.
She STARTS as a cock sock but you get the chance to turn her around... Or continue being a slut.
This is something I really like about it.

The scene on roof was really well made and even more interesting when Ms Blackwell started masturbating.
Helen's the epitome of the "cute supernerd". The scene after doing the laundry surprised me. I was going "Well, now. This is interesting." And when she fainted "Okay, well that just happened." That was fun :)
Lizzie is... Well, Lizzie. I'm a sucker for gingers. Especially the cute ones.
Mika's story is shaping up nicely.
Karin still seems like a bit of an enigma at the moment, as does Sienna.
Maya's constant fleeing is cute in its own way.
Dani and Felicity are my speed (so to speak) but I wish I could get that hair out of Christelle's eyes.
So many unanswered questions regarding Alyssa and so many characters unmet.
I don't know how I managed it but right now Becky has the most amount of points so far. This is fine, I love girls like her.

Haven't seen much use for the Charisma score yet.

Nice job calling the cheating fuckface "Eric" by the way.

Last edited:

Pedoune

Jul 19, 2017
Ever thought of also posting the game on TFGames.Site? Because a lot of people there will probably like the premise.

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
Drunk Lizzie is fun.

However, and you might already be aware be aware of these things, but I've encountered two minor errors.

Once your recognition hits 20, there's no number any more.
And the event where Nicole asks about who had her room before, the game refers to Sienna as Samantha.

These might be errors with the Compressed version, so I'm going to try the regular version tomorrow morning.

Last edited:
3.90 star(s) 7 Votes