S m ; ) e

Sep 8, 2020
Here is a early version of the mod. It covers days 1 to 60... I should be completely finished hopefully this week or next.
Any feedback would be greatly appreciated as I've spent a ton of time going through all the dialogue in this game. I appreciate this game way more now that I've read every line from day 1 to 60. It really is an ambitious project.

To recap this mod...
-changes a lot of the dialogue to be more American and native to English speakers.
- I've changed most of the prices at the mall. Also changed quantity of drugs you buy from the dealer.
-Deleted duplicate convos. Like the duplicate convo with Rebecca on day 4.
-Marked dialogue with () to mean what the PC is thinking.... Not just saying out loud.
-Made many of the dialogue choices more forgiving. (i.e. less character points taken away)
-Harley and Melissa say sluttier things now
-Added better insults.
- no negative effects from sex. Be as rough as you want or as passionate. The girls will love you all the same. (I know this kind of ruins the pathing a little bit since you miss out on some of the shit talking women say when you're really bad at sex but IMO it's better this way)
- However there are still paths like cuck and dom.
-you can choose if you want to be humiliated on day 32. Before it was a stat check. I thought it would be better if players decided.
-day alerts. Be told what day it is in the morning. (I think I started doing later... I need to go back and add it to the starting weeks)
-removed all of the requirements to saying certain things. Except on events that the PC missed.
-boost to relations. Now if you get to 80 points you get bumped up to 100.
-made Rebecca a bit more flirty. But flirty as a friend.
-lessened negative impacts from talking about people who aren't there. For example, if you're talking to Harley about michelle and Michelle isn't there, you don't lose relationship points with Michelle. Unless Harley tells Michelle what you said. (This goes for most of the characters in the game)
-made Michelle a bit more consistent to who she is and how she acts. (BTW Michelle, Harley and Melissa are my fav's in this game so I took special care of their lines).
-Mark is more of a bro. Still kind of a piece of shit tho.
-removed most if not all of the violent checks. No more bystander effect. Also intelligent checks. I feel this makes the PC a bit more dynamic as a character as they are able to respond violently or intelligently based on the situation.
-added past tense when past tense is necessary.

And that's about it. Please leave me some feedback if you enjoy this mod. It will help encourage me to finish it!

TO INSTALL!!!!
1.All you have to do is unzip the mod. Once you unzip in the mod folder you'll see a folder called 'game'. Inside 'game' you'll see every .rpy file for the game.
2. Now open your NCC-1.3 folder. Inside you'll see a folder called 'game' too! Along with 'lib', 'renpy' etc...
3. Open your 'game folder in the NCC-1.3. folder and then you're going to drag and drop all the .rpy files in the 'game' folder in my mod to the 'game' folder in the NCC1-3.
4. You should get a window that says that the destination has 261 files with the same names. REPLACE THESE FILES

And that's it! You're done! I've added a message on the first line on day 1 that the mod is installed (NOT the intro).
Thanks for your effort. Being someone who is reading the rpy-files as well at the moment I share your appreciation of the game. For the feedback I will probably just read the files and not play it for now.

I think HoneyGames mentioned something about you helping him with the english a little. Are there any plans to implement your new dialogues while maybe keeping the game mechanics or will it only be a mod and the conversations in the vanilla version will stay the way they are right now for the foreseeable future?

Reactions: Pumpkin1984
D

Deleted member 792695

Hello Erock11 Just out of curiosity, do you know if there is something similar to the dialogue mod you've made for NCC, for Follower?
I have not. Truth is I haven't even played the follower yet. I need to though!

D

Deleted member 792695

Thanks for your effort. Being someone who is reading the rpy-files as well at the moment I share your appreciation of the game. For the feedback I will probably just read the files and not play it for now.

I think HoneyGames mentioned something about you helping him with the english a little. Are there any plans to implement your new dialogues while maybe keeping the game mechanics or will it only be a mod and the conversations in the vanilla version will stay the way they are right now for the foreseeable future?

We talked about implementing the new dialogues and the changes. I think Honey Games and I are going to talk about what he wants to keep for the vanilla version and what he wants to change. I think after he finishes his recent update he will play through my mod and let me know. But I wouldnt mind re adding things I've removed!

Mar 21, 2018
follower is season 1
I was confused about this also when I first started playing. It should really be explained in-game. The game starts and says it is part 2 and gives no information on part 1, its name, or where to find it. I had to ask in this thread to get that information.

kidlat1x

Mar 27, 2017
Here is a early version of the mod. It covers days 1 to 60... I should be completely finished hopefully this week or next.
Any feedback would be greatly appreciated as I've spent a ton of time going through all the dialogue in this game. I appreciate this game way more now that I've read every line from day 1 to 60. It really is an ambitious project.

To recap this mod...
-changes a lot of the dialogue to be more American and native to English speakers.
- I've changed most of the prices at the mall. Also changed quantity of drugs you buy from the dealer.
-Deleted duplicate convos. Like the duplicate convo with Rebecca on day 4.
-Marked dialogue with () to mean what the PC is thinking.... Not just saying out loud.
-Made many of the dialogue choices more forgiving. (i.e. less character points taken away)
-Harley and Melissa say sluttier things now
-Added better insults.
- no negative effects from sex. Be as rough as you want or as passionate. The girls will love you all the same. (I know this kind of ruins the pathing a little bit since you miss out on some of the shit talking women say when you're really bad at sex but IMO it's better this way)
- However there are still paths like cuck and dom.
-you can choose if you want to be humiliated on day 32. Before it was a stat check. I thought it would be better if players decided.
-day alerts. Be told what day it is in the morning. (I think I started doing later... I need to go back and add it to the starting weeks)
-removed all of the requirements to saying certain things. Except on events that the PC missed.
-boost to relations. Now if you get to 80 points you get bumped up to 100.
-made Rebecca a bit more flirty. But flirty as a friend.
-lessened negative impacts from talking about people who aren't there. For example, if you're talking to Harley about michelle and Michelle isn't there, you don't lose relationship points with Michelle. Unless Harley tells Michelle what you said. (This goes for most of the characters in the game)
-made Michelle a bit more consistent to who she is and how she acts. (BTW Michelle, Harley and Melissa are my fav's in this game so I took special care of their lines).
-Mark is more of a bro. Still kind of a piece of shit tho.
-removed most if not all of the violent checks. No more bystander effect. Also intelligent checks. I feel this makes the PC a bit more dynamic as a character as they are able to respond violently or intelligently based on the situation.
-added past tense when past tense is necessary.

And that's about it. Please leave me some feedback if you enjoy this mod. It will help encourage me to finish it!

TO INSTALL!!!!
1.All you have to do is unzip the mod. Once you unzip in the mod folder you'll see a folder called 'game'. Inside 'game' you'll see every .rpy file for the game.
2. Now open your NCC-1.3 folder. Inside you'll see a folder called 'game' too! Along with 'lib', 'renpy' etc...
3. Open your 'game folder in the NCC-1.3. folder and then you're going to drag and drop all the .rpy files in the 'game' folder in my mod to the 'game' folder in the NCC1-3.
4. You should get a window that says that the destination has 261 files with the same names. REPLACE THESE FILES

And that's it! You're done! I've added a message on the first line on day 1 that the mod is installed (NOT the intro).
Does the mod include which stat is being affected by choices like it says +1 or -1 relationship beside choices?

Alfius

Engaged Member
Modder
Sep 30, 2017
Does anyone know the console commands to change relationship values in the game?
I would not recommend doing that. Apart from possible breaking the game, your relationship stat is only a small part in your relationship with each girl. The game basically keeps track of all your interactions with all the girls and based on that more then your relationship stat it will allow you to do certain things.

For instance: If you break of your relationship with say Yvette, you can rebuild your relationship stat to 100 but you can never be in a relationship with her again. She will know you broke of the relationship.
or
If you lied to Michelle, she will be pissed of with you when she finds out etc. etc.

So you actually gain relationship stats relatively easy, but you can lose them just as fast. The game relies more on flags in the game to know what you have done in the past then just the stats. obviously if your stats are low you would fail as well, but normally your stats would be low for a reason and the correct flags for the event would not have been set in any case, making adjusting the stats futile.

If you actually look at all the variables the game use, you would see that trying to manipulate them is almost impossible. I'm helping Honeygames with the stats screen and I don't know the meaning of half the variables in the game. You would need to do a deep dive like Erock to manipulate the game.

Mar 21, 2018
I would not recommend doing that. Apart from possible breaking the game, your relationship stat is only a small part in your relationship with each girl. The game basically keeps track of all your interactions with all the girls and based on that more then your relationship stat it will allow you to do certain things.

For instance: If you break of your relationship with say Yvette, you can rebuild your relationship stat to 100 but you can never be in a relationship with her again. She will know you broke of the relationship.
or
If you lied to Michelle, she will be pissed of with you when she finds out etc. etc.

So you actually gain relationship stats relatively easy, but you can lose them just as fast. The game relies more on flags in the game to know what you have done in the past then just the stats. obviously if your stats are low you would fail as well, but normally your stats would be low for a reason and the correct flags for the event would not have been set in any case, making adjusting the stats futile.

If you actually look at all the variables the game use, you would see that trying to manipulate them is almost impossible. I'm helping Honeygames with the stats screen and I don't know the meaning of half the variables in the game. You would need to do a deep dive like Erock to manipulate the game.
Based on your description, it sounds like it wouldn't break the game since it relies more on choices/flags than the relationship stat. I don't want any option to fail based on the relationship stat check. Anyway, I was just wanting to know if anyone has mapped them out yet.

Construct

Oct 31, 2018
Relationship stats are usually [charactername]good
Except for Kirsten and Maud which are kirstenass and maudass.
Relationship points mostly affect how a character answers to certain dialogue choices. For example if you have more than 50 points the character answers favorable and you get additional 5 relationship points while when you are below 50 points you get the opposite and lose 5 points.
That said, crank up those points. You can‘t break the game like that.
Be aware that some choices set relationship points to fixed values, so you need to adjust if you see something off

Last edited:

Alfius

Engaged Member
Modder
Sep 30, 2017
Based on your description, it sounds like it wouldn't break the game since it relies more on choices/flags than the relationship stat. I don't want any option to fail based on the relationship stat check. Anyway, I was just wanting to know if anyone has mapped them out yet.
Correct, more futile then breaking the game.

Breaking the game was more in terms of trying to change the other flags, since the game story would become erratic and confusing, not necessarily crashing out .

My last point on this is that you can build up relationship points rather easily in the game. The game is quite forgiving on that point. The game flags are a different animal. You could get locked out more due to choices made, for instance choosing a model for a photoshoot or neglecting one of the girls you are pursuing and so missing out on an event.

The game was done very clever in that you the player are your only limiting factor. There is only 7 days in a week so you can only visit so many girls in the week. So by your own actions, you will lock out certain paths.

For guys like me that want all the girls, that is torture. But if you focus on your favourites, you will probably get them quite easily.

Alfius

Engaged Member
Modder
Sep 30, 2017
Last point...There is a renpy save editor floating around here somewhere on this forum. I use that too examine variables.
You can also use that to edit variables.

Construct

Oct 31, 2018
Last point...There is a renpy save editor floating around here somewhere on this forum. I use that too examine variables.
You can also use that to edit variables.
Maybe I should try that. It gets confusing examining the script and looking over path variables that get set to 1,2,3 or 4 without any description of what kind of path you chose

D

Deleted member 792695

Does the mod include which stat is being affected by choices like it says +1 or -1 relationship beside choices?
I thought about it and didn't add that. Just because some decisions change alot of variables so I didnt want to information dump the player. Instead I made the MC's dialogue choices more obvious in how they would be taken. (I.e. this line is definitely the asshole line while the other is the professional line). But honestly I wouldn't worry to much about relationship points with the mod unless you just really don't like the character. Because if you look through the code relationship points affect what they say to you and if they sleep with you. I dropped those checks down to 50 (in most cases). So unless your just a complete asshole to the character you should get the better dialogue and get to bang em. HOWEVER, if you do something to screw over another character you'll still get the repercussions of your actions and you may lose alot of points or a path. I think I marked all the screw over paths though so you shouldn't need a walkthrough

D

Deleted member 792695

Try my mod. I think you'll enjoy it. I can go ahead and tell you that there are far to many flags for one person to map out and present in a simplistic way. They would need a huge flowchart atleast. You shouldn't fail any relationship stat check unless you just really pick all the wrong things to say.

Mar 21, 2018
I find some of the options rather strange. For example, I was given the first opportunity to add a date rape drug to a girl's drink. I was able to have sex with her without using the drug so it was kind of pointless (I tried all three options and reloaded). There were lots of other girls I bought drinks for and was never given an option to add a drug to it (I've had all the drugs on me since the bathroom dealer was available).

It is also really confusing with relationships in this game. The game wants to play like a harem and then it often punishes the player for doing it. It is really confusing at times to figure out what is OK and what isn't. I don't mind this to some degree but too often I'm left guessing and later punished or rewarded for harem type decisions. The inconsistency is good and bad at the same time.

Michelle told me that she hated cocaine and then in another conversation told me that I needed to give it to another girl to get her to sleep with me.

I am really enjoying the game and there is a lot of mystery to it. Juggling lots of relationships is the main challenge of this game so far from what I have seen. It can be rewarding yet frustrating. The good part of the game is that choices don't have a clear path in most cases. This is definitely not like many of the predictable visual novels I've played in the past!

4.10 star(s) 71 Votes