cccxxx

Aug 8, 2018
dude there is a very big difference between 2-3 days , weekly and " fuck you i'll post next year" and then to tell you the november or was it october ? planned update will arrive as another reboot 2 week play say: in april, at this rate
get real
if it were a woman making you wait this long you would have been long gone by now

Last edited:

Burt

Ignoring Social Media
Dec 14, 2016
I totally understand what you are saying.
My main problem is that in real life I do a lot of PR for my IRL job (really a lot of gruelling PR, I guarantee) so I often just don't have the energy to do it for my hobby as well.
I know, I would need a PR, like someone to help me with coding, someone to help me with translations. Unfortunately, the game (for various reasons) doesn't earn enough to allow me to pay someone to do these things for me, and it's not in my nature to ask for things for free.
I can only hope to be able to work better and to stop having ideas to improve the game and thus be able to get to the end (I admit, I could have spared myself this "reboot" but it's stronger than me and I always try to improve the things I do, in the other things of my life this mentality pays off, I hope that one day it will pay off in this too...)
The only thing I can hope is that you will appreciate the huge effort I'm doing to make the game better, this way I will have the push to complete the reboot and the last 3 damn chapters of this story.
I have a lot of other stories in my head and I can't wait to develop them, in a more linear way than I developed this one.
Ask for free, there are many on the forum who would translate the game for free and help in other ways.
To be honest, this is the main reason you don't make money from Patreon. PR is 100% the reason that people make the big bucks on Patreon coupled with a good product, you have the good product but your game management and PR are completely amateur. I gave you two chances with my patronage but accepted it was a mistake on my part.
You communicate more on this forum than on your Patreon pages, as has been pointed out previously. I would love to support you positively but to be honest you tend to blame everything rather than yourself. We all live in a Covid world, I have worked through it more than once. You have a good product and a bad business attitude that's fine, it's your own life, but it's a wasted opportunity and if you do actually do a lot of PR in real life then Italy must differ greatly from all the countries I have worked in.
Product (game, very good)
Output appalling due to one man operation trying to manage an enormously complicated game with little income due to poor use of resources (time and management of time) and communication

Possible solutions: Ask for help from modders / translators on here for free as I agree you don't make enough to pay even though you could have.
Or end up with no patreons and a release yearly, assuming you don't get pissed off and abandon all your extremely hard work.
My one-man business became an employer of 900 worldwide, yes, it took a long time, but almost all of my mistakes were time management and not knowing when to release control of everything that could be done better by others whilst I maintained the core of the businesses

HoneyGames

Game Developer
Jan 29, 2018
Ask for free, there are many on the forum who would translate the game for free and help in other ways.
To be honest, this is the main reason you don't make money from Patreon. PR is 100% the reason that people make the big bucks on Patreon coupled with a good product, you have the good product but your game management and PR are completely amateur. I gave you two chances with my patronage but accepted it was a mistake on my part.
You communicate more on this forum than on your Patreon pages, as has been pointed out previously. I would love to support you positively but to be honest you tend to blame everything rather than yourself. We all live in a Covid world, I have worked through it more than once. You have a good product and a bad business attitude that's fine, it's your own life, but it's a wasted opportunity and if you do actually do a lot of PR in real life then Italy must differ greatly from all the countries I have worked in.
Product (game, very good)
Output appalling due to one man operation trying to manage an enormously complicated game with little income due to poor use of resources (time and management of time) and communication

Possible solutions: Ask for help from modders / translators on here for free as I agree you don't make enough to pay even though you could have.
Or end up with no patreons and a release yearly, assuming you don't get pissed off and abandon all your extremely hard work.
My one-man business became an employer of 900 worldwide, yes, it took a long time, but almost all of my mistakes were time management and not knowing when to release control of everything that could be done better by others whilst I maintained the core of the businesses
I guarantee you that in my job I know exactly how to manage PR, and doing good PR is very tiring (or I pay people to do it) but this is not my job ... and even if I made 10k a month it wouldn't be my job. this for me is fun and it already causes me enormous stress lol...
maybe one day i will decide to retire completely from my jobs and i can give my fun more space in my life, but it's not that day yet. maybe that day will be in a month, in a year, in a week or never, i don't know. I act pretty instinctively.
P.S. the jobs I do IRL are also my passions and they are part of my fun, but I've been doing them for a lot longer and I'm more "plugged in" or maybe I'm better at it than I am at making video games.

Burt

Ignoring Social Media
Dec 14, 2016
I guarantee you that in my job I know exactly how to manage PR, and doing good PR is very tiring (or I pay people to do it) but this is not my job ... and even if I made 10k a month it wouldn't be my job. This for me is fun, and it already causes me enormous stress lol...
Maybe one day I will decide to retire completely from my jobs and I can give my fun more space in my life, but it's not that day yet. Possibly that day will be in a month, in a year, in a week or never, I don't know. I act pretty instinctively.
P.S. the jobs I do IRL are also my passions, and they are part of my fun, but I've been doing them for a lot longer, and I'm more "plugged in" or possibly I'm better at it than I am at making video games.
You again are missing the point it's not a criticism, it's advice my work is my fun, and it pays enough to justify itself I have zero stress because I choose (lucky for me) to do something I actually enjoy.
If making games is something you enjoy, and it is initially your way of de-stressing, then why would you decide to do something else.
Stress created in the game making process was of your own making, that's my advice part not criticism It's what happened looking for a solution to the problem not repeating the mistakes causes people to abandon projects because they feel it is stressful, and they get criticized for trying their best but if you were doing your best you would not find criticism annoying as you would be confident that's you were doing the creation the way you wanted.
The issue at the moment is you are on Patreon therefore you have made a commitment to sponsors and are not fulfilling that commitment. You choose to develop the game in any way you like, but if you did this without sponsorship it would not impact anyone but people pissed off at how long it was between releases.
But at that point you did not need to give a fk as you earn zero but self-fulfilment. Anyway I am sure you feel defensive about everything that's human nature, I outgrew that 40 years ago. Good luck in your adventures, I just don't rely on luck

Joop501

Mar 19, 2021
Je mist opnieuw het punt dat het geen kritiek is, het is advies, mijn werk is mijn plezier, en het betaalt genoeg om zichzelf te rechtvaardigen. Ik heb geen stress omdat ik ervoor kies (gelukkig voor mij) om iets te doen dat ik echt leuk vind.
Als het maken van games iets is dat je leuk vindt, en het is in eerste instantie je manier om te ontstressen, waarom zou je dan besluiten om iets anders te gaan doen.
De stress die tijdens het maken van de game werd gecreëerd, was van jouw eigen makelij, dat is mijn advies, geen kritiek. hun best doen, maar als je je best zou doen, zou je kritiek niet vervelend vinden, omdat je er zeker van zou zijn dat je de creatie deed zoals je wilde.
Het probleem op dit moment is dat je op Patreon zit, daarom heb je een toezegging gedaan aan sponsors en kom je die toezegging niet na. Je kiest ervoor om de game te ontwikkelen op elke manier die je wilt, maar als je dit zonder sponsoring deed, zou het niemand beïnvloeden, behalve mensen die boos waren over hoe lang het tussen releases was.
Maar op dat moment hoefde je geen fk te geven omdat je nul verdient, maar zelfontplooiing. Hoe dan ook, ik weet zeker dat je je defensief voelt over alles wat de menselijke natuur is, dat ben ik 40 jaar geleden ontgroeid. Veel succes in je avonturen, ik vertrouw gewoon niet op geluk
[/CITAAT]

cccxxx

Aug 8, 2018
basically the dev says - i do it for fun, sponsor me if you want / like it, if you don't who cares / blow me
there is no direct relation between work delivered and money earned
very artistically orientated individual
impressive he didn't abandon the work yet
guess will follow you for as long as we can stomach it

shubgrub

Oct 22, 2019
It really is as simple as if you don't like the way the dev handles things, don't support the project. I enjoy the game quite a bit, and might support it when it is finished or if updates start being more regular, but for now no.

Last edited:

PeraDrnda

Nov 20, 2019
i already put myself in deep shit by telling to some devs that their projects should be marked "on hold", or abandoned.

rewriting the game is not the same as remastering renders and animations, and adding some new ui features. it's not the same game any more. not a single one of 57 reviews (so far) will match the new content. rewriting this late in game developing means only one thing: dev can't get out of mess he created ! some other devs do that to milk money, but hg is in no position to do that.

i liked the "old" game (v1.55), especially it's complexity and choices that matter. but, game this complex requires a team of well organized and skillful developers. i know... i know, there was no money for that. if hired (paid) help option was of the table, there was an option of sharing. many devs do that, either before they started their projects, or when they got into trouble. sometimes it works, sometimes it's not. it's not easy to find matching partner(s). there are so many things that could go wrong, but imagine if it worked. this game finished months ago, and sold for some fine money. what's wrong with this way of thinking, hg ? are you afraid it won't be your little universe anymore, if it's shared ?

something else bothers me so much, maybe some of you, too. hg has promised, so many times before, that renders would be much better, and updates would be much more frequent, if he has a decent rig. something weird happened with him when he reached that goal, to update the old comp. untill that point he was so enthusiastic about this project, and very dedicated to it. then, all of the sudden he disappeared for months. wtf ? imo that was the breaking point in this game development.

as i said i really liked this game (v1.55), no matter how outdated renders were, no matter how buggy it was. it's a big pitty he couldn't finish it. so, imo this project:
a) should be marked as abandoned, and hg should open new thread, like "ncc v2", or whatever,
b) he should put "on hold" mark, and announce another reboot, with a warning to new players that version 1.55 is outdated.

it will be a very hard thing for hg to keep on, so i'm not an optimist about when, if ever, this project will be finished.

there's a saying "don't kick the man when he's down". guess i'm not much of a gentleman :devilish:.

now i should rise my shields, and prepare myself for counterattack :LOL: .

Rickster82

Sep 10, 2017
Quick question because it seems very topical in this thread: How many months without a Patreon post is a game classified as ABANDONED here? 3?

Ren

Aug 21, 2016
I don't want to offend you, but ultimately the Patreons themselves are to blame. HoneyGames currently has almost 130 paying members on PATREON. You have to ask them that question. Why are they paying? For almost 8 months without any update?
No offense but they are the stupid ones if they spend money on it.
I'm not offended because I don't have any skin in the game but the patreons are not to blame. Infact, they could ultimately be the smart ones. Whenever you have an exchange of money for *services* (not goods) then a contract is formed, one of the conditions of a contracts existence is that it has to be fair to all parties, fair compensation for the services and fair services for the compensation. By replying in this forum multiple times and not giving a shit about a patreon post gives any patreon a fair argument for unfair services. Moreover he could cancel monthly payments from patreons until he can provide those services. The first step for anyone disgruntled would be to contact Patreon as they are the first link in any contract chain as they are effectively the agent for both parties as they take money from both.

Now I don't see anything hitting the courts any time soon as people are, like you said, stupid (not just patreons) but once a lawyer sniffs a chance at easy money the gates to hell open. (ADA Ramps, lawyers and google earth come to mind....that cost about 18 billion dollars until someone decided to fight back).

ps I just wish he'd get on with the fucking game, make a post to his patreons out of respect, tired of all his bullshit but once he gets the game done I will throw a $50 burger his way, the game is worth it even if his people skills aren't.

Ren

Aug 21, 2016
ps I just wish he'd get on with the fucking game, make a post to his patreons out of respect, tired of all his bullshit but once he gets the game done I will throw a $50 burger his way, the game is worth it even if his people skills aren't.
And just to make clear I'm not an attorney or lawyer, I do however have an extensive background in contract law as an arbitrator in many large construction contracts (multi millions to billions projects, you don't get arbitors in less, local courts deal with that).

Joop501

Mar 19, 2021
Ik wil je uiteindelijk zijn de Patreons zelf de niet schuldige. HoneyGames heeft momenteel bijna 130 betalende leden op PATREON. Die vraag moet je stellen. Waarom betalen ze? Bijna 8 maanden zonder enige update?
No offence, maar ze zijn de dommen als ze er geld aan uitgeven.
[/CITAAT] 1 denk aan HoneyGame

4.10 star(s) 71 Votes