Oscarkilly

Feb 1, 2021
Anyone got the real link to season 1? I've downloaded 5 times now, on other sites too but it keeps giving me season 2 but older version

Chrisdarock19

Oct 15, 2018
Anyone got the real link to season 1? I've downloaded 5 times now, on other sites too but it keeps giving me season 2 but older version
"Season 1" in the OP is the New Coral City version 1.55 containing up to day 105.
"Season 2" Is a reworked version of New Coral City "Season 1" that only has the first 14/15 days with some added elements.
The true Season 1 mentioned in the game prologue is a game called Follower

winter

Sep 8, 2016
when this game get abandoned tag??
it appears the remake is too much work for the dev. i don't see much difference since most people are fine with the older version anyway. why not reverted to old version and continue from there.

Rickster82

Sep 10, 2017
when this game get abandoned tag??
it appears the remake is too much work for the dev. i don't see much difference since most people are fine with the older version anyway. why not reverted to old version and continue from there.
Question 1: Officially after 3 months.
Question 2: Because it would have been more work and time to continue with the old version. So why not do a "remake" with what feels like 2-3 changes and get the same money for it.

Let's be honest: HG just doesn't seem to want or be interested in NCC. Maybe he doesn't have time due to real life. All well and good but then he could at least let us know.

Reactions: Ps6k0 and Diekh

shoker86

Apr 29, 2017
Bet Honeygames has lot of cool ideas about this game, but this game is too much for one man to handle. Anyone who looked at code would know there are a lot of paths and variables. He bit too much, he can do it but it will take years, and most importantly exact plan so he can organize code, so he doesn't have to go back to fix everything again. Some devs handled it by giving us abrupt shity endings to their games so they can move on. Or he can axe some paths or chars. I hope he continues on

Pumpkin1984

Nov 15, 2017
Bet Honeygames has lot of cool ideas about this game, but this game is too much for one man to handle. Anyone who looked at code would know there are a lot of paths and variables. He bit too much, he can do it but it will take years, and most importantly exact plan so he can organize code, so he doesn't have to go back to fix everything again. Some devs handled it by giving us abrupt shity endings to their games so they can move on. Or he can axe some paths or chars. I hope he continues on
Last time I spoke about hiring a team for game-developing, I've been agressively shushed! Like, a real genius doesn't need a help, lol)

m00nsh1ne

Feb 22, 2020
A shame. Really liked this one, but I could see this coming. The game had so many branching options that keeping it together was probably a nightmare and then he tries to reboot the game to fix this and probably just lost interest having to start over again. Hopefully it'll resurface one day, but atleast I enjoyed what we did get.

gelu123

Dec 25, 2017
Maybe now, HG can have peace to make his job without a lot of spoiled cry babies criticizing his job or complaining for the wait... when themselves are not capable to make something neither similar ....

Good Job HG. Take your time.
Cope much :(

Rickster82

Sep 10, 2017
Maybe now, HG can have peace to make his job without a lot of spoiled cry babies criticizing his job or complaining for the wait... when themselves are not capable to make something neither similar ....

If he didn't get a dime on Patreon for his work with NCC, I could understand your reasoning, but that's bullshit. Especially when people pay for it, I can understand the criticism of HoneyGames and its non-delivery.

Gunizz

Aug 9, 2017
The many different paths and combinations are what make New Coral City very interesting but they're also a nightmare to manage, there are so many variables. Many games use a few variables and most choices do not matter much, here every choice has a consequence. I understand that it would be a full time daily job to manage the development of such complexity and release it every few months. I personally could never handle such a task after working all day. That's why many developers abandon or are very slow, it's really difficult to develop a game/VN as an hobby.
Hiring people is expensive and can be done only if you have the finances for that, so big earnings with Patreon or using personal money. That's an impossible road for most.

I think developers should try to establish small teams, to distribute tasks, but that's not simple because you have to find people that share your same vision, that you easily connect with and so on.

Regarding the Abandoned tag, from what I know HG is still working with the game but he encountered difficulties with the new interface of the game and had to get external help. It could be that those issues made him less enthusiast and slowed his work. He probably sought to alter the project in too many different ways and ended up managing an excessive amount of work.

robrize2169

Oct 8, 2022
hoping the dev is able to keep updating. even though the paths and choices do get confusing, the walkthrough kind of helps..but i really have enjoyed playing this and have played it alot. hopefully future updates will include a walkthrough mod to help manage all the choices.

4.10 star(s) 71 Votes