Gunizz

Aug 9, 2017
News from HG: the game is not abandoned, he's currently working on it and there have been many changes (not just remaking of the old renders), but the precedence is given to his regular job. As I supposed the game is really complicated to manage due to the intricate paths, his future games will be simpler.

Power_Guido

Jun 19, 2021
If he didn't get a dime on Patreon for his work with NCC, I could understand your reasoning, but that's bullshit. Especially when people pay for it, I can understand the criticism of HoneyGames and its non-delivery.
I totally agree with you Rickster82.

I am not trying to say that HG is above of criticism, no one it is.

If you put your job to other people evaluate, it is logical that you have to wait others disagree with you, or even, criticize your job. And this is good!! With the right feedback, with respect and common sense, you can improve your job.

But, as in everything, it is important to have a limit to make a comment depreciating a job of other people, especially if you are not able to make something better or, at least similar, or even worse, if you are not paying for that job. Because, even the donors have the right way to charge him for results of their donations, which is the Patreon.

Whichever comment outside that, could be a defamation in real life.

So, I am sorry for my comment, if I offend you, it was not my intention.

It was really an outburst, because I was very annoyed with the way that several guys here were belittling HG's work.

There are thousands of games here. I just wanted these guys to understand that they can choose any other game that makes them happy and let the HG work!!

Thank you for your comprehension.

• Angry
Reactions: Gunizz and gelu123

Meenapatush

Dec 9, 2019
The many different paths and combinations are what make New Coral City very interesting but they're also a nightmare to manage, there are so many variables. Many games use a few variables and most choices do not matter much, here every choice has a consequence. I understand that it would be a full time daily job to manage the development of such complexity and release it every few months. I personally could never handle such a task after working all day. That's why many developers abandon or are very slow, it's really difficult to develop a game/VN as an hobby.
Hiring people is expensive and can be done only if you have the finances for that, so big earnings with Patreon or using personal money. That's an impossible road for most.

I think developers should try to establish small teams, to distribute tasks, but that's not simple because you have to find people that share your same vision, that you easily connect with and so on.

Regarding the Abandoned tag, from what I know HG is still working with the game but he encountered difficulties with the new interface of the game and had to get external help. It could be that those issues made him less enthusiast and slowed his work. He probably sought to alter the project in too many different ways and ended up managing an excessive amount of work.
I get it. When you compare it to other games, the amount of effort that went into making this masterpiece really shines through.

gelu123

Dec 25, 2017
The problem is this will probably just be a small update when it does get released, it's sad really. We were so close to the end then he re-does the whole thing? Could have saved all the 'new' features for his next games...
but where is the low efort milk? but at this point i think he will barely get any money....

robrize2169

Oct 8, 2022
@ Pumpkin

i have a few suggestions of games i am enjoying.

Midlife Crisis, despite the graphics being kinda shit in the early part of the game, the story and dialogue are great. and it is a long game so taking me a long time to play it through.
also Bare Witness is a great game too.
not sure what kind of games you are looking for but there are lots on here. i recommend checking out the current updates and see what you like there if my recomendations aren't of interest to you.
i have so many games i have yet to play that i have downloaded.
enjoy your gaming.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Pumpkin1984

Diekh

Mar 22, 2022
I really like this game, but unfortunately I think that we never will see this game completed.
More than 7 months after the last update and we not even have a ETA for the next update.
Maybe next year a small update appear and after this more one year of nothing.

cccxxx

Aug 8, 2018
anubody up to date
is this abandoned, rebooted silently, something being built?
i really hoped will get to see every branch that was started
that was what made this game great

4.10 star(s) 71 Votes