RPGM Abandoned New Paths [v0.13a] [DrunkNescafe]

1.80 star(s) 10 Votes

UncleVT

Låt den rätta komma in
Jul 2, 2017

I toke some days off work this week to find the rest of the bugs in game. And have gone over much of the code. Added a Manuel system for people that have old saves to make dose saves work with the new release. Press “Help” à fix old save.
Now different scenes will work as attended. (Prison and home).

And a bunch of smaller fixes that I don’t remember at this point.

Thanks for the support off all of you. This is the last free release (for a while) next release next week is for +10 supporters. It will be a progress of main story.

Master Mirror

May 11, 2017
This started looking like all over the place.

Apparently dev had started developing this game with a prison setting, then changed it to something different as the recent RPG Maker version of the game. After that, he started moving the game to Unreal Engine with a totally different approach (making the game 3d) while keeping the RPG Maker one on hold. Now he started developing a new game in HTML called the Intern.

I'm sure he will be successful if he starts focusing on only one damn game and doesn't waste his time with side projects and different engines. What a disappointment...

Reactions: Batubatu and Ut5962

3xpurt

Feb 25, 2017
This started looking like all over the place.

Apparently dev had started developing this game with a prison setting, then changed it to something different as the recent RPG Maker version of the game. After that, he started moving the game to Unreal Engine with a totally different approach (making the game 3d) while keeping the RPG Maker one on hold. Now he started developing a new game in HTML called the Intern.

I'm sure he will be successful if he starts focusing on only one damn game and doesn't waste his time with side projects and different engines. What a disappointment...
Like a lot of people, he probably gets bored of doing one thing, and that is fine, unless you're getting paid for that one thing, otherwise it simply makes you unreliable. Honestly, I can see why he wanted to move away from RPGM, but this side project is really unnecessary.

jdrissis

Nov 3, 2017
My game is catching on after the shower when I masturbate. Does anyone know how to solve it? :'(

DavidTurner

Oct 4, 2017
thanks for the update @UncleVT, the story was an interesting idea, but I don't think it's worth following any more honestly, I may just give up on it, find another game to play

Ut5962

Aug 6, 2016

I need some more time to get the release out. Have some trigger problems for different events. I will get the release out as fast as possible.

That's it. I pledged just for this month out of curiosity but won't renew next year as for now.

Edit :
Status Update from 23/11/17

Some of you know that I have hired an unreal programmer to make the unreal version of new paths. And here is the situation:
The development toke longer time to get a function version, and we are having big problems with the bones for genesis figured. (Move strange etc.) And to get the cloth to morph the way I want. And since I pay my programmer my saved founds was burned was. I was hoping that the proof of concept would attract more patreon, but it haven’t happened. THIS IS NOT HIS FAULT. Developing games etc. it’s normal to get setbacks/bugs/problems etc. and it takes more time than normal.

So to this date this is what my programmer have said: He can work on the project on his free time (between his day job and freelancer project) until I can pay him for his full time. I will continue to work on both the unreal version and Intern. Where Intern will get a monthly release, this to let the patreon backers have something to play.

I want to end with I’m sorry that this situation have happened and I wish I could have better news, and to every one of you I’m deeply grateful for your support over the time.

Honestly I'm not surprised by the lack of support for the proof of concept. As it has been said here, it's the 3rd time he changes his plans for the game.
The last RPGMV version was fine and had potential he just needed to work on optimizing the game, but the story was set up and I believe most of his patrons were waiting for the story to progress, instead he just threw it away because RPGM was to complex for him if I remember correctly or something like this and restart the game from scratch but with an even more complex engine that takes so much more time to get things to work as intended and released nothing for a long time.
The proof of concept is too demanding and not all pc's can run it (I'm in this case, I have an old laptop that cannot correctly run Unreal Engine based games) and not everybody has the money to buy a decent pc capable of running such a game.
As I can't run this game higher than maybe 10fps I don't really see the point of supporting this project and I'm probably not the only one, plus if you look at the history of the project you have no real guarantee the dev won't change his mind and restart something else similar on yet another engine.

The game had potential when it was still on RPGM and can be played on much more pc's, now it just have a proof of concept and some posts about problems with technical and financial diffculties about the project.

As I said, I just pledged out of curiosity for what he had to say about the game but won't renew my patronage before a long while when I'll have my brand new pc and the dev had released a stable and with a good amount of content.

I forgot to say, he has released v0.02 of the intern but only for 10+ partons... So nothing to play for potential patrons interested in his work but don't want to throw 10$ at some random dude who says he has difficulties with the "main" project without seeing what it's really worth before giving that much.

I have to say, from my point of view this campaign is full of shit.

Last edited:

UncleVT

Låt den rätta komma in
Jul 2, 2017
That's it. I pledged just for this month out of curiosity but won't renew next year as for now.
cut---
Honestly I'm not surprised by the lack of support for the proof of concept. As it has been said here, it's the 3rd time he changes his plans for the game.
The last RPGMV version was fine and had potential he just needed to work on optimizing the game, but the story was set up and I believe most of his patrons were waiting for the story to progress, instead he just threw it away because RPGM was to complex for him if I remember correctly or something like this and restart the game from scratch but with an even more complex engine that takes so much more time to get things to work as intended and released nothing for a long time.
The proof of concept is too demanding and not all pc's can run it (I'm in this case, I have an old laptop that cannot correctly run Unreal Engine based games) and not everybody has the money to buy a decent pc capable of running such a game.
As I can't run this game higher than maybe 10fps I don't really see the point of supporting this project and I'm probably not the only one, plus if you look at the history of the project you have no real guarantee the dev won't change his mind and restart something else similar on yet another engine.

The game had potential when it was still on RPGM and can be played on much more pc's, now it just have a proof of concept and some posts about problems with technical and financial diffculties about the project.

As I said, I just pledged out of curiosity for what he had to say about the game but won't renew my patronage before a long while when I'll have my brand new pc and the dev had released a stable and with a good amount of content.

I forgot to say, he has released v0.02 of the intern but only for 10+ partons... So nothing to play for potential patrons interested in his work but don't want to throw 10$ at some random dude who says he has difficulties with the "main" project without seeing what it's really worth before giving that much.

I have to say, from my point of view this campaign is full of shit.
I agree with all that and it is the same thing that I felt when I decided to stop supporting him.

cangotu

Jun 3, 2017
hay guys im new to this game dose anyone know if he abedond it or is it rilly on hold cose i liked it alot sorry for my bad english

Ut5962

Aug 6, 2016
The RPG Maker (RPGM) is abandonned, he is working on a new version using Unreal Engine, there's already a "proof of cencept" built but not all pc can run it. If you have a decent PC you could give it a try but there's nothing really interesting in there.

He's also working in an HTML "game" called The Intern which in my opinion can be interesting in the future but now there's nothing really worth the time.

cangotu

Jun 3, 2017
The RPG Maker (RPGM) is abandonned, he is working on a new version using Unreal Engine, there's already a "proof of cencept" built but not all pc can run it. If you have a decent PC you could give it a try but there's nothing really interesting in there.

He's also working in an HTML "game" called The Intern which in my opinion can be interesting in the future but now there's nothing really worth the time.
were can i find the unreal engine game ? cose the only one i found is the intern

UncleVT

Låt den rätta komma in
Jul 2, 2017

Made some new character at the Brass bar. Bouncer and general manager.
-Different changes etc. and some smaller events.

And for a couple of days ago I started working on the company Christmas party. With a little drunk Santa, and someone need to be his little elf No spoiler at this point, but release next week.

1.80 star(s) 10 Votes