• We will be performing maintenance to upgrade some of our forum tools. During this time, the site will remain online, but you may encounter some errors until the maintenance is complete. The report and search functions will be unavailable until the maintenance is complete.

Maintenance is expected to last up to 9 hours.

The maintenance window will start on Thursday, 2024/07/04, at: 1:00 PM GMT / 3:00 PM CEST / 9:00 AM EDT / 6:00 AM PDT / 12:00 AM AEDT

Thank you for your patience.

RPGM Abandoned New Paths [v0.13a] [DrunkNescafe]

1.80 star(s) 10 Votes

Fakecrash

May 26, 2017
So I've never actually played this game despite watching it for a couple years. Seems from the comments I still won't be playing this game if it now has even less content than it did before.

Seeing as I might as well give up on the idea that this might become a finished game one day, can anyone tell me which version would have the most content for me to play?
i think that was version 0.12c

lesil

Dec 1, 2018
So I've never actually played this game despite watching it for a couple years. Seems from the comments I still won't be playing this game if it now has even less content than it did before.

Seeing as I might as well give up on the idea that this might become a finished game one day, can anyone tell me which version would have the most content for me to play?

I think I remember it was New paths 0.12 Beta C from 2016 or so. It is the most complete I remember playing.

BadmanBaxter

May 28, 2019
I was going to install this but having read the last few comments I am rethinking it. I have 2 questions that I would love to be answered. 1. Is this a game that would work well on Renpy but isn't made with or does this game work as an Rpgm and would be shit on Renpy? 2. Why has there been content removed and it now has less then a previous version?

fulgartech

Jan 27, 2018
OK. I've played several versions of this game. I *really* *really* want to love it. It has so much potential. But it has always had crippling issues as well. My opinion is that this one is the same.

1) New maps are good, smaller and require less time to navigate
2) Renders are good, animations are good.
3) I have not yet found a crippling bug that crashed or froze the game
4) The classmates all have names, and at least some discussion and sense of personality
but
5) I can find very little content
6) Survival mode doesn't seem to be functioning
7) Still having issues with the HUD updating/blanking (can be refreshed sometimes by hitting H twice)
8) Unfinished content gives no warnings so you bang your head against it looking for solutions that don't yet exist
9) Bathroom selections don't do anything
10) Every time I go into the hole Marina is there and completes the quest
11) Ditto on finding the library book

Perhaps with some of the old content returned this game will start to catch up to where it once was.

Reactions: ZioBen

fulgartech

Jan 27, 2018
One more point of feedback - game ran exteremely slow on my relic of a laptop until I turned on the FPS screen sync.

walt_bob

May 3, 2017
I think I remember it was New paths 0.12 Beta C from 2016 or so. It is the most complete I remember playing.
Oh I really loved this version of game it was great and playable, but what is going now I don't understand. DrunkNeskafe really make some weird sh*t... remake after remake, what we see after years of waiting's is 2 min of gameplay

lesil

Dec 1, 2018
I was going to install this but having read the last few comments I am rethinking it. I have 2 questions that I would love to be answered. 1. Is this a game that would work well on Renpy but isn't made with or does this game work as an Rpgm and would be shit on Renpy? 2. Why has there been content removed and it now has less then a previous version?

Previously, there was more content in version 0.12c and if it would be possible to get history for a renpy, but given this new version, nothing would be released.

lesil

Dec 1, 2018
OK. I've played several versions of this game. I *really* *really* want to love it. It has so much potential. But it has always had crippling issues as well. My opinion is that this one is the same.

1) New maps are good, smaller and require less time to navigate
2) Renders are good, animations are good.
3) I have not yet found a crippling bug that crashed or froze the game
4) The classmates all have names, and at least some discussion and sense of personality
but
5) I can find very little content
6) Survival mode doesn't seem to be functioning
7) Still having issues with the HUD updating/blanking (can be refreshed sometimes by hitting H twice)
8) Unfinished content gives no warnings so you bang your head against it looking for solutions that don't yet exist
9) Bathroom selections don't do anything
10) Every time I go into the hole Marina is there and completes the quest
11) Ditto on finding the library book

Perhaps with some of the old content returned this game will start to catch up to where it once was.
Dude, I really also have those mixed feelings, having played the previous versions I really wanted this game and I have looked for similar games with the same truthfulness of statistics and that open map that it offered although incomplete, and I never found any and Drunknescafe stopped updating and I gave it up for lost.
I admit that I am glad to see that there was this new version but I have been disappointed in the gameplay but like you I have to value the graphics, the rendering etc ...

Sguru007

Feb 19, 2020
Hey can anyone guide me I can't proceed after taking all the 5 votes from schoolmates as everything say it's locked
Cant go to principal office or anywhere

K.T.L.

Keeping Families Together
Donor
Mar 5, 2019
Hey can anyone guide me I can't proceed after taking all the 5 votes from schoolmates as everything say it's locked
Cant go to principal office or anywhere
Not a clue, sorry. The earlier versions worked up to a point but the developer seems to have lost his way with this latest one. I gave up on the incomprehensible bugfest. Pity because it really was looking promising.

• Sad
Reactions: Sguru007

neroman76

Sep 18, 2019
The original game was really good. Than he had a bad idea about adding survival and needs and stuff. Since that time its getting worse and worse, what a shame.

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
The original game was really good. Than he had a bad idea about adding survival and needs and stuff. Since that time its getting worse and worse, what a shame.
Yes. the last version before adding cooking was the most complete and advanced the story the furthest. That was, what, 5 years ago?

1.80 star(s) 10 Votes