kallabunga

Sep 4, 2018
oh wow, there's actually a new version.
not even a real new version. according to their patreon, SO limped to the finish line with a buggy, untested release that he never even tweaked the variables for and hasn't released patch notes to the public. after 2 months, the best he could muster was a straight-to-patreon early access release.
i wasn't kidding when i compared SO to Innoxia. It's getting scary at this point.

Reactions: drgong

drgong

Oct 27, 2019
I supported this game for years, but two months without updates, a pause, and almost no communications means I walked away.

Which is a shame as I love that I can add NPCs and encounter them in game.

John Noman

Mar 12, 2018
Newlife 0.7.15 preliminary release

Hi all,

This is, sort of, Newlife 0.7.15. It badly needs more testing, and I've left myself a few notes here and there to refine or tweak various bits and pieces. Still, I want to get something out before end of the month so here it is.

I have some hospital appointments tomorrow and Friday. I should be able to do a bit of work anyway, but I don't want to commit to a release on those days so I'll pencil the proper version in for Saturday.

If you want to avoid bugs, it's best to wait until then. If you are playing this version, please report any issues you find and I'll do my best to get them sorted in the proper release.

Changelog:

Major changes & additions:

Added variant date/sex/makeout content around being caught in the act while cheating. To access it you need to be making out with a male jerk who is not an inept lover on a date at home while you're in a relationship with someone you don't know has the LIKES_TO_SHARE trait (i.e. either they don't have it, or your character doesn't know yet). There's a few more minor conditions, but those should cover the main ones.

The PC can now get an abortion if the relevant property is enabled (it is disabled by default). Other conditions: you must have money to pay for it, must not have an active baby-making vow, must not be baby-crazy. The PC's partner (if she has one) will not react to her getting an abortion: given that it's disabled by default, I don't feel it justifies extensive new content. Let's assume she talks to them about it off-camera.

Minor changes:

Some internal rework of the makeout scenes. This shouldn't affect how they appear to players, but please let me know if you find any new bugs.

Updated the recently-added open relationship scene to better handle an already-pregnant girlfriend. Thanks to Sync for highlighting some issues here.

Blocked impregnation the same week a pregnancy is ended (by abortion or giving birth) so the PC can not get pregnant from sex while she was already pregnant. The mechanics would support an infertile period after giving birth, but I've chosen not to implement this at present so you can get pregnant the following week: let me know if you think a safe-time following birth would improve the game.

Added a break-up option to lesbian home-dates, as requested by Saint Destiny. It has the same conditions as the MF version: specifically, it's blocked at high love levels.

Bugfixes:

Fixes to some text issues. Thanks to Saint Destiny and Sync for reporting some of these.

Fixed a bug reported by StuntCuffer where confessing cheating to your girlfriend could error with an un-set NPC reaction.

Fixed an error reported by OrangeJuice where the impregnator-friend-breeding-help event chain was not properly handling the PC telling him not to target her girlfriend.

Reactions: bestfriends

gbot321

Apr 11, 2018
" Added variant date/sex/makeout content around being caught in the act while cheating. To access it you need to be making out with a male jerk who is not an inept lover on a date at home while you're in a relationship with someone you don't know has the LIKES_TO_SHARE trait (i.e. either they don't have it, or your character doesn't know yet). There's a few more minor conditions, but those should cover the main ones. "

this can't be serious. ONLY 0.01% WILL ACTUALLY SEE THIS SCENE

pyrolisk

Jan 16, 2021
" Added variant date/sex/makeout content around being caught in the act while cheating. To access it you need to be making out with a male jerk who is not an inept lover on a date at home while you're in a relationship with someone you don't know has the LIKES_TO_SHARE trait (i.e. either they don't have it, or your character doesn't know yet). There's a few more minor conditions, but those should cover the main ones. "

These super specific scenes aren't actually adding anything to the gameplay. It's a tiny bit of flavor text, that's almost impossible to find, and completely impossible to repeat.

Susan Xandera

Jul 13, 2017

....this can't be serious. ONLY 0.01% WILL MOST LIKELY TRY TO ACTUALLY ATTEMPT TO SEE THIS SCENE.

Fixed your grammar there hun.

3.40 star(s) 35 Votes