HSHS1111

Feb 8, 2019
I see. Unfortunately that's not something that I've seen anywhere. Changing/upgrading cards is common but storytelling is not a strong suit of deck-builders so there's nothing there to embed/tie to the card transformation. Signle player deck builders are mostly rogue-like in nature. They often have good worldbuilding surrounding them but their nature doesn't lend itself to story telling during gameplay.

I wholeheartedly agree that having the story of game integrate with the game mechanics is a sign great game design and can elevate it. It's one of the strong suits of Pyorgara's games along with the writing. Both especially important for these kinds of corruption games. But they're not without flaws either.

Reactions: Seamonkey and Back

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
I agree about Risky Business but with the ++ the law of
Is it possible to get a walkthrough of this game or can you play indefinitely without any consequences no matter how large her glory gets?

Once her Glory gets to 1000, you're done. Once your own Glory gets to 1000, it's also game over so if you've not yet done all the scenes you won't get another chance in that game.

Thankfully it's easy to manage your own Glory and hers through the use of 'Power Play' cards and some of the sexual ones as well. As stated in the instructions and several places in this thread, let her win each round at first, don't worry much about how much Work she gets (which will be translated into Glory at the end of the day's 'Battle') but on maximizing your own Work so you can exchange it for Energy/Money/Blackmail at the end. Anything that decreases your Influence in those rounds is fine, you don't want it to go on too long or she'll eventually drain you of pretty much everything by the end of the 'Battle.'

At first go to the Gym and get your Energy to max at 200, every week or so you'll have to go back to keep it at max but you'll get a warning when it drops back to 195. Try to come out of the day's 'Battle' with plenty of excess Energy and some Gold and a little (10+) Blackmail so you can start working on her personally, at least until you unlock the '???' one in the middle row which is her daughter Tiffany who you can meet on the Education street. Then work on Tiffany as it will degrade the 'Daughter' card she uses that you can't counteract until it's a huge negative for her. You'll also meet 'Emily' who is a nasty little bitch you can have fun with and who will start paying you money as well, a good source of cash in the midgame.

Go to each location regularly to find Allies and to buy new cards. You'll want a fair number of 'Money Hoarding' cards as you'll need three to recruit Pimp Anthony. Go to the office in your offhours to recruit your Whore secretary Karen, you'll need her upgraded to max (just money as I recall) to get Anthony upgraded to his second level. You'll also want Whore 'Bubble' who requires money at first and then some Energy to get her upgraded to the max.

Focus on Money Hoarding and don't turn down a 'Generous' card even if you won't be using it for a while. Note that it's not always the best to upgrade a card to max as the second level is usually more efficient than the max level; e.g. a 'Rest' card at second level (Rest+) gives 50 Energy for 15 Work, whereas a Rest++ exchanges it at 100 Energy for 35 Work. The more 'Work Ethic cards (which you can buy by going to the office offhours) you get the more efficient the second level ('Work Hard+') work cards are, so don't upgrade them all to max.

It's by (eventually) focusing on decreasing her Influence in the daily 'Battle' that you'll win, so don't get any more cards that increase your Influence and you'll eventually want to discard the ones you start with (in the Ghetto). When you're ready to start winning the day's 'Battles' stockpile a bunch of Energy, Gold and Blackmail and go to work in the offhours to increase your Influence max, that's all you'll ever need as long as you've got 3+ 'Generous' cards along with the necessary 'Money Hoarding' cards to get cash to fuel them. Getting one or two more 'Work Ethic' cards and upgrading half or so of the 'Hard Work' cards to second level and the rest to max will get you the Energy to keep the Money coming so you can decrease her Influence with the Generous cards. Bubble (who at max level will allow you two more cards three times) and the card entitled something like 'Reviewing your Options' will allow you to draw more cards at the start of the round to get as many 'Work Ethic' cards in before your start using your 'Work Hard' cards.

Keep trying to come out of each days 'Battle' with extra Energy, Money and Blackmail so you can make the most of your off hours in the six locations, note that once you've met someone like Anthony or Bubble you can 'visit' them from the 'Home' location, you don't have to try to run into them again in the Ghetto. The type of things available will expand during the game, so keep going from location to location each day to maximize the chances of getting a new one.

During the Battle, counter any cards that really hurt, but if you don't currently have something, like Blackmail for instance, it won't hurt to lose it and you shouldn't care about Influence losses as with enough 'Generous' cards (with the Money Hoarding to fuel them) you'll almost always being able to outlast her in Influence once you've decided to start winning the day's Battles. Remember you won't be getting any extra Energy/Money/Blackmail when you're winning the Battles, it becomes Glory instead.

Reactions: Seamonkey and Back

rb813

Aug 28, 2018
It's one of the strong suits of Pyorgara's games along with the writing. Both especially important for these kinds of corruption games. But they're not without flaws either.
True. I'm a bit picky about art styles, and unfortunately the art from Pyorgara's other games doesn't really work for me, so I'll guess I'll just have to accept this game as its own unique thing.

Back

Aug 3, 2017
True. I'm a bit picky about art styles, and unfortunately the art from Pyorgara's other games doesn't really work for me, so I'll guess I'll just have to accept this game as its own unique thing.
This is something that isn't too well-known, but Pyorgara is a husband and wife team. I think it's sweet that Pyorgara's wife supports her husband and does the art (when she can). :D

South Pacific

Sep 20, 2017
Can anyone recommend other games that have a similar mechanic of the cards changing and evolving based on things that happen elsewhere in the story (like the cards in her deck do), not just by spending money or upgrade points on them? I don't even care if they aren't sex games, I'm very fascinated by this concept.
Griftlands is an excellent deck builder that has narrative. Its currently in early access but it will get a full release in a couple months. You upgrade your cards by using them, you have different MCs that have different gimmicks. Its an incredibly fun game.

moneyshowers

Jan 26, 2021
Early game and late game are absolutely mind numbing/boring, midgame is where gameplay is at its best IMO. Early game you're just trying to lose ASAP and late game you're just trying to win ASAP, whereas in midgame there is some strategy involved.

No cheat, first I lost all matches until Cassandra's glory hit 500~600, that's when I began winning. From there on it was just standard clicky grinding as most trainer games are.

It should be possible to visit both Tiff and Cass in the same day, instead of visiting them one at a time. Just makes the gameplay less tedious

I'm at around 500 glory~ and Cass at 50, probably won't play this game again until it has another major update TBH.

Reactions: appreci8death

daxtar543

Sep 13, 2018
This game was nice to play and I really liked how her cards change when she was getting corrupted.

Is there a possibility for an android release, just asking because I feel like it could work maybe.

Heisenberg867

Jul 18, 2018
I am not ashamed to say I just said fuck it and used a save editor.
I've always enjoyed Pyorgara games, but this one is both the best yet in terms of the story content, and the worst yet in terms of the grind.

Unlike Soldier's Life, there's no risk/reward to the grind, it's just a lot of clicking to farm the necessary stats - and the fact that the weekly battles are unavoidable makes them unbelievably tedious. Despite absolutely adoring the story content, I would find this unplayable without cheats.

Some of the fixes are really easy, too. For example, allow the player to skip the weekly battle at the cost of awarding the rival a certain amount of glory.

LightPinkBoy

May 29, 2018
I've always enjoyed Pyorgara games, but this one is both the best yet in terms of the story content, and the worst yet in terms of the grind.

Unlike Soldier's Life, there's no risk/reward to the grind, it's just a lot of clicking to farm the necessary stats - and the fact that the weekly battles are unavoidable makes them unbelievably tedious. Despite absolutely adoring the story content, I would find this unplayable without cheats.

Some of the fixes are really easy, too. For example, allow the player to skip the weekly battle at the cost of awarding the rival a certain amount of glory.
Yeah, even with the cheats the weekly battles eventually got irritating. If I could skip them I'd probably love this. I played Soldier's life and it was much better, imo.

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
Yeah, even with the cheats the weekly battles eventually got irritating. If I could skip them I'd probably love this. I played Soldier's life and it was much better, imo.
There's a toggle to skip the battles in the cheat menu.

Reactions: Back

Coolguy32

Apr 15, 2020
So i think cheats break the game. I wanted to play the game to get glory now and matches never end and as it goes on I get played less and less cards. Getting one card a round makes it impossible to ever win after 20 rounds of play.

rb813

Aug 28, 2018
Honestly, I'd want the opposite. To me, the most tedious part is usually not the battles (which are fairly quick anyway), but the actions around town to gain various stat buffs, boosts and cards. Of course, you can skip that, but your energy is use-it-or-lose-it, so it felt wasteful to not keep doing actions until all my energy was expended (which, in the later game when you've got a bunch of good cards, can be quite a long time). I wish there was some kind of "quick resolve" option for that portion of the game (to be used when you're happy with the current state of your deck, so you don't need to hunt for new cards), where you could just kinda trade your energy for a small amount of Work, Blackmail, etc. Maybe less than you would get if you were doing the individual actions, but still worth it to avoid the grind.

Jun 12, 2018
any news? updates?
Check the patreon, it says " Speaking of News desk, I’m going to take time either this month or the next to give it the last push out the doors. There are only a few CGs left to add in, the updated town map and a last playing pass to go! "

Public versions of pyorgaras games tend to be after 2 updates of whatever game he's working on, at the moment it's breaking the princess.

3.80 star(s) 73 Votes