4.50 star(s) 14 Votes

xRoguex

Aug 2, 2021
Yeah, unless there's a mod that I'm not aware of besides the small workarounds folks on the discord created the original mod with a female playable char died long before SilverBard and NG took off.
Yeah, and I really think nowadays it still have good potential.
Sadly they stopped and personally I don't know how to tinker javagames.

Smallfrie

Dec 25, 2018
Yeah, unless there's a mod that I'm not aware of besides the small workarounds folks on the discord created the original mod with a female playable char died long before SilverBard and NG took off.
The main mod can be found in fenoxo forum the last update is around 2019 so it is dead

xRoguex

Aug 2, 2021
IDEA IDE is super easy, great tip! I tried compiling it with Eclipse and it just wouldn't work.

In case anyone is trying & struggled like me, I've compiled the mod into a JAR & attached it here. Not entirely vanilla though, as I made a couple of my own text edits, added in the premium art from the main file, fitted a recolored strapon to Valerie (paint.net ftw lol) and wrote a new scene for Valerie & Samantha each.
Does anyone has this file? I think I've lost it

ThisIsMe88

May 12, 2018
@xRoguex I'm sorry to say that I do not have the file that you're looking for (still checked for you, but everything I got is from Fenoxo/GDRIVE unfortunately).

However I wish you Godspeed if you intend to revive the mod. I believe many people would be (very) pleasantly surprised given how popular the mod used to be (still is?).

xRoguex

Aug 2, 2021
@xRoguex I'm sorry to say that I do not have the file that you're looking for (still checked for you, but everything I got is from Fenoxo/GDRIVE unfortunately).

However I wish you Godspeed if you intend to revive the mod. I believe many people would be (very) pleasantly surprised given how popular the mod used to be (still is?).
I wanted to see the differences about the one you pointed on fenoxo (is the one I have too) and the one in the post I found here, because the git reference is different.
By the way I really don't know if I have the time and, more importantly, if I want to do something about this mod since my knowledge about editing java games is poor.
I think is still a bit popular even now for the people who like the game and the mod.
This mod needs someone with a good amount of experience in java games, because the stuff inside the mod is quite a lot.
If a group will born to improve this game I have no problems joining it.

Loomer

Feb 14, 2018
You've got options. Github has plenty of people who took silverbard's latest versions at the time and would tinker with it on their own so there may still be folks interested on there who could work on it. I also think fenoxo would be another good place to look (though I haven't been there in ages) in the case of homebrewers, maybe here too. There was also a huge repository of java games the oldest version of the mod was dumped on way back that may still be active. Would be worth checking to see if any developers there would be able to take a crack at it.

Reactions: Succubus Hunter

xRoguex

Aug 2, 2021
The most recent version of the mod i could find is , but inside there isn't the .jar or the .exe and I can't create one.
If anyone can do it feel free to put your hands on it.

Reactions: Succubus Hunter

HungryShovel

Sep 27, 2018
The most recent version of the mod i could find is , but inside there isn't the .jar or the .exe and I can't create one.
If anyone can do it feel free to put your hands on it.
I managed to build it with ant, it put a playable jar file in the nightgamesmod-stable\out\stage folder.

xRoguex

Aug 2, 2021
I managed to build it with ant, it put a playable jar file in the nightgamesmod-stable\out\stage folder.
Thanks, but it doesn't work for me.
I tried to put that jar everywhere but it say a big no-no with two error windows.
Did you try the game? Works fine for you?

Gopherdude

Sep 16, 2018
Thanks, but it doesn't work for me.
I tried to put that jar everywhere but it say a big no-no with two error windows.
Did you try the game? Works fine for you?
I had to play around with it for a bit... Make sure your Java is up to date. I also had to install the JDK kit found here -
Honestly not tech savvy enough to tell you why it worked, but installing that and updating my Java got it to work.

I couldn't get any of the Advanced Starts to work though. Even so, finally getting to try the mod has been great. I wish there was a way for me to figure out what all was changed with it, since there have been a few things that I don't quite understand

Last edited:
Reactions: xRoguex

xRoguex

Aug 2, 2021
I had to play around with it for a bit... Make sure your Java is up to date. I also had to install the JDK kit found here -
Honestly not tech savvy enough to tell you why it worked, but installing that and updating my Java got it to work.

I couldn't get any of the Advanced Starts to work though. Even so, finally getting to try the mod has been great. I wish there was a way for me to figure out what all was changed with it, since there have been a few things that I don't quite understand
Ok it was the jdk kit.
Thanks

HungryShovel

Sep 27, 2018
I've pinpointed what's causing the Advanced Start button to do nothing. It's, as Java complains:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

The entire error isn't a game code error, it's messing up trying to draw the UI. I understand that the HashMaps it's referring to are associated with the CreationGUI.java script located in NightgamesMod\nightgames\gui. However I can't make sense of the code, really to find the typo or whatever is confusing it.

I even asked ChatGPT for help, and while it didn't help me find the solution, it helped translate some of the Java code.

Sadly only a person with a lot of trial and error patience or Java knowledge can fix it and recompile it. That or it can possibly be compared with another older/newer version of the mod file that works and is made to be compatible somehow.

Reactions: ThisIsMe88

Gopherdude

Sep 16, 2018
I've pinpointed what's causing the Advanced Start button to do nothing. It's, as Java complains:

The entire error isn't a game code error, it's messing up trying to draw the UI. I understand that the HashMaps it's referring to are associated with the CreationGUI.java script located in NightgamesMod\nightgames\gui. However I can't make sense of the code, really to find the typo or whatever is confusing it.

I even asked ChatGPT for help, and while it didn't help me find the solution, it helped translate some of the Java code.

Sadly only a person with a lot of trial and error patience or Java knowledge can fix it and recompile it. That or it can possibly be compared with another older/newer version of the mod file that works and is made to be compatible somehow.
I tried my best, but I truly have no coding knowledge at all... I decided to follow your idea and see if ChatGPT could help me and I thought it was going well... made a copy of the entire game folder, changed a line in one of the .java files in the hopes that it would spit out a more detailed error message and tried to compile it all again... but it was spitting out thousands of errors when I got there, and I that's about when I decided I had no idea what I was doing and it was time to stop. This is waaaay too much for someone who hasn't coded a single thing before. And here I was hoping that it was just a button, how hard could it be? Heh...

ThisIsMe88

May 12, 2018
Would be lovely to reach the point of a fully functional and playable version of the mod with ALL latest updates/fixes included. Basically : "here is the jar/exe file, click and play".

is needed, I know.

PS : don't mind me, just passing by and showing my continued support to everyone's efforts.

Last edited:
4.50 star(s) 14 Votes