Nephilim50

Jul 15, 2022
As for spine errors, here's at least one example:
-
-

Now, there's a possible fix for that: first, I import files to 3.4.02, save the project (as a spine project file) which you can then open in 3.8.75 and it will look normal. .
Otherwise you'll need to edit broken bone constraints somehow, just saying.

"Spine controller script" is basically this (via dnspy) :
View attachment 2393510

It controls how much loops each animation segment have, sound control, speed, etc.
I was just wondering how to make certain animations last longer, very good info!
I assume that all animations can be edited from Assembly-CSharp.dll or is it from another file inside of .assets?

toalfyso

Jan 2, 2021
I think it doesn't look too bad for my first time using spine but I'm getting better at it
View attachment 2392013

and that was the easy part, now I have to figure out how to add new enemies to the game (this is just an edit of a mob that was already in the game)
but as stubborn as I am I'm sure I'll find a way eventually.
Honestly, looks as good as scenes from the game. I'd definitely download a community made animations mod!

worldender

Jun 19, 2022
if it's for how to use spine, I can't help you with that since I'm learning too.
but if it's how to get the edited files into the game and what settings to use I could make a little guide if enough people are interested.
so all the information on the subject is in one post and not scattered throughout the thread
That would be useful - especially making a discord server as was mentioned above - particularly in how to unpack and actually view/access the source files / how to get them into Spine etc.

Jan 14, 2021
Hey guys, its been a hot minute since I've been here but has there been a English translation for the game (besides the machine translated stuff/patch). It was good but some stuff still scuffed as heck, especially towards the plot heavy stuff near the end

Knight6797

Jul 26, 2022
I hope D-lis is feeling better now without all the stress, his game is probably the best game I ever played on this godforsaken forum, I just hope he will let himself rest to start bring out even more oustanding work in the future, he is one of the devs the H-scenes desperately needs!

slayerpro18

Nov 21, 2018
if it's for how to use spine, I can't help you with that since I'm learning too.
but if it's how to get the edited files into the game and what settings to use I could make a little guide if enough people are interested.
so all the information on the subject is in one post and not scattered throughout the thread

So you pay for spine or you got it from somewhere else?

Nephilim50

Jul 15, 2022
well I don't think I'll be posting for a while so in the meantime here is a basic guide on how to edit the models in the game, keep in mind that I am not an expert and surely several things in this guide are wrong or there are better methods but for now this is what has worked for me, if you know things to improve this guide let me know and I will incorporate/edit this guide.

So you want to modify scenes in the game?
these are the tools/programs you will need:

import and export game files
create/edit animations (cracked version! if you have the original, the better)
make the file (.json) made by spine 3.8 compatible with the game ( )
advance stuff
to make your life easier

Find the Filename:

First find the filename of what you want to modify, this I do it with UnityExplorer
once installed go to the gallery (or whatever level the thing you are looking for is at) go to Object Explorer and search, enemies or scenes usually have "ERO" or "(Clone)" in the name.
imagen_2023-02-19_182055457.png

open it and there should be another name in the lower corner.
imagen_2023-02-19_182431399.png
this will help us to have an approximate of what the file is called and words it contains, since for some reason the game files have a similar but not the exact name.

if you have problems running UnityExplorer or BepInEx remember that you have to use the x86 / 5.X version of both to make them work with the game,
still having problems? here is my copy , just put the contents of the .7z file inside the game folder and it should work.

Extract data:
Now the most boring part, find where the file is located and extract it, for that we will use AssetsBundleExtractor.
the game has all the assets in files called sharedassets.assets that are in the "\NightofRevenge_Data" folder of the game, now open one of those files with the program and look for the file among the 106 .assets files one by one...
once you find it (in my case sharedassets21.assets) you need these 3 files, click on them and go to plugins and export as .png / .txt
imagen_2023-02-19_193930613.png

when you save the file delete that part, it is important because it generates problems later on.
1676846711955.png

move the files to a separate folder and you should have something like this (note that I changed the extension of s_MDogERO.txt to .json)
1676847101702.png

Loading files into Spine:
first we have to unpack the texture so that spine can read it, for this we open Spine and go to the "Texture Unpacker..." option, select the folder where you saved the 3 files and select the file atlas.txt and the output in the same folder, make sure to check "unpremultiply alpha".
1676848280080.png

now our folder should look something like this
1676848708774.png

now go to Spine and Import Data, select the .json file and done!
make sure you go to the "Skins" tab and select one of the 2 options otherwise only half of the texture will be displayed.
1676849092771.png

Modifying the game files:
1676849835209.png
Once you are happy with the changes, go to the export option, make sure that "Pretty Print", "Nonessential Data" and "Texture Atlas" are checked, that should generate these 3 files
1676850655029.png

use Skeleton Viewer 3.8.99 on the .json file we generated to make it compatible with the game, without this the edits do not work.
here is a video explaining how to use it:
after this make sure to add the .txt extension to the .atlas and .json files, it is important for the next step.

now we go back to AssetsBundleExtractor and open the corresponding .assets and replace the 3 files (go to the file, "plugins" and "import from .txt" it is important that they end in .txt so that the program recognizes them).
when importing the .png / texture2D go to "plugins", "Edit" and in "Texture Format" select "RGBA32", then "load" and select the .png and for the final part go to File and Save, put the .assets we generated inside the game folder and we're done!

BepInEx:
1676854827435.png
if this happens don't worry, it's the BepInEx plug-in screwing up the texture.
to fix it go to the game folder "BepInEx\plugins\ModImages\Uncensored by omp123 and Quaking_Nuts" and delete the corresponding .png
1676855471390.png

and now it is displayed correctly!
1676855753377.png

Advanced stuff:
for those who are familiar with coding there is another way to modify the game, with dnSpy you can modify the Assembly-CSharp.dll file and do many other things like controlling the animation speed, sounds, loop, order, etc.
1676856940329.png
I won't go into detail here because I don't know about the subject.
and that's all! I hope you find it helpful!

shoutout to Krongorka! this guide was made possible by all the information he shared!

Last edited:
4.50 star(s) 78 Votes