Secetum

Nov 9, 2022
No worries. I also had an issue for quite a bit where one could use those weapon upgrade drop items. Turns out, you can use them on the bench next to the white-haired girl in the Parish Church. Didn't know this for a long time.

Aruetor

Jul 25, 2017
NOR BonedMod:
This mod is very much a work in progress but don't expect too much from it!

Download v1.0 : Mega
SHA256: 56AEF005ECE61835CDD33E4C633208CD1878BB72DC64763B0891722A7BD1CDF0
SHA1: DE9338AB3817172890191F380567F464DA152D02

Description:

Installation:

Removal:

Code:
1.0:
* Increased first boss difficulty
* Numerous other fixes

Dev build 5c:
* Grab now damages player
* Birthing animation no longer escapable, pinning stamina to 0

Dev build 5b:
* Enabled immediate get up around new mechanic
* Added nerfs to dog boss and butcher grabs

Dev build 5a:
* Fixed a couple patch bugs
* Added unique grapple mechanics to clock monster and white inquisition

Dev build 5:
* Added aphrodesiac to sex
* Removed struggle from use key, improved struggle effect since it can't be spammed as quickly
* Added creampie to all sex
* Impregnation timer can be reset with down + use keys
* Impregnation timer or pregnancy timer can be cleared from a save point
* Ejaculation boosts impregnation timer
* Sex slowly removes XP
* Ejaculation damages HP

Dev build 4:
* Added slowdown to dashing through monsters
* Removed more grabs from specific monsters

Dev build 3:
* Prevent monsters from grabbing while stunned by parry
* Removed more grabs from specific monsters and training dummy
* Adjusted struggle curves to be marginally better luck

Dev build 2:
* Enemies can now grab you if you stand too close
* Enemies move 10% faster
* Enemies have 10-15% more HP
* Enemies have 10% more toughness
* Enemies falter duration reduced 25%
* Enemies heal a small amount each time they clap cheeks
* Bigoni has special struggle stats so he is easier to escape

Dev build 1:
* Knockdowns sap stamina
* Knocked down staming regen is slower based on how much HP is missing
* Stand up from knockdown requires full stamina
* Escaping from sex uses stamina
* Escape attempts have a random chance of success
* Enemies will overcompensate to you struggling frequently, making it harder to struggle so maybe it is a good idea to try to catch them off guard...
* Guarding hits consumes more stamina
Just wanted to say, overall mod is great and brings much more depth to the game. But, as others already noted - that grab just ruins all the experience.
As the game being 2d side-scroller - it's quite common thing that combat is initially based on dashing through the enemy as a way of evading attacks, you can't evade to the side like in 3d.
- So considering how the game has enemies and bosses with special unblockable attacks, attacks on wide area, or right away 'entire front' - dashing behind the enemy and hitting it's back is essential part of the gameplay.
- Adiitionally - some enemies have basic moves as dashing behind the MC in the same way as she does, that they often spam, some enemies are placed on the ledges where level design expect you to use dash in the air and straight into the enemy. And some enemies have those really long animations, or quick transfer into soft-bad end, that drops MC near the altar after the end. So that grab, simply breaks all of those cases and all the fun, usually while grabbed MC will have close to no stamina because perform it in the middle of the fight+stamina used on dash. And even with full stamina - chances of escape are RNG so player can be stuck in animation loops for minutes or lose the entire stage progress just because of that, and then soft bad end.
Overall imo it would be much better to either exclude grabs while dashing, or grab moves at all, maybe not entirely but make another version of the mod where it's deleted or commented from the code?
P.S: Also in clearly visual part - animations that are used for grab are initially performed after MC has her clothes damaged, so all of them have those damaged look, and if enemy grabs her with clothes intact - they would look torn right away, yet if she manages to escape quickly - they would be intact back again :\

tetrayrok

Apr 2, 2021
Just wanted to say, overall mod is great and brings much more depth to the game. But, as others already noted - that grab just ruins all the experience.
As the game being 2d side-scroller - it's quite common thing that combat is initially based on dashing through the enemy as a way of evading attacks, you can't evade to the side like in 3d.
- So considering how the game has enemies and bosses with special unblockable attacks, attacks on wide area, or right away 'entire front' - dashing behind the enemy and hitting it's back is essential part of the gameplay.
- Adiitionally - some enemies have basic moves as dashing behind the MC in the same way as she does, that they often spam, some enemies are placed on the ledges where level design expect you to use dash in the air and straight into the enemy. And some enemies have those really long animations, or quick transfer into soft-bad end, that drops MC near the altar after the end. So that grab, simply breaks all of those cases and all the fun, usually while grabbed MC will have close to no stamina because perform it in the middle of the fight+stamina used on dash. And even with full stamina - chances of escape are RNG so player can be stuck in animation loops for minutes or lose the entire stage progress just because of that, and then soft bad end.
Overall imo it would be much better to either exclude grabs while dashing, or grab moves at all, maybe not entirely but make another version of the mod where it's deleted or commented from the code?
P.S: Also in clearly visual part - animations that are used for grab are initially performed after MC has her clothes damaged, so all of them have those damaged look, and if enemy grabs her with clothes intact - they would look torn right away, yet if she manages to escape quickly - they would be intact back again :\
I think the grabs are fine, you adapt your playstyle because of it.
I think the only thing that needs to be changed is the stamina regen on knock down. It's way to slow, making any knockdown a guaranteed grab.

Superuser42

Nov 18, 2022
Did someone ever complete the bunny suit costume mod yet? Im a fuckin coom brain and it sucks that the bunny suit was only a one of for a single scene.

Feb 2, 2018
Tried the BonedMod, got raped by the first boss 8 times because I was mildly close to him after dodging an attack. Yeah these grabs are more frustrating than fun. It would be bearable if there at least was some indicator that I'm about to be grabbed, but nope it's just one moment you're fine and the next moment you're suddenly fucked. The faster enemies and pregnancy mechanic are fun but grabbing just ruins the experience because I don't like seeing the same rape animation 8 times in a row (with increasingly longer durations because of the harder struggle mechanics), so that's an uninstall for me.

sageproduct

Mar 16, 2021
Tried the BonedMod, got raped by the first boss 8 times because I was mildly close to him after dodging an attack. Yeah these grabs are more frustrating than fun. It would be bearable if there at least was some indicator that I'm about to be grabbed, but nope it's just one moment you're fine and the next moment you're suddenly fucked. The faster enemies and pregnancy mechanic are fun but grabbing just ruins the experience because I don't like seeing the same rape animation 8 times in a row (with increasingly longer durations because of the harder struggle mechanics), so that's an uninstall for me.
Exactly. Eventually you just see too much rape, and you want it all to end. You lay there trying to go to sleep, but you can't stop hearing in your head how awful Aradia's terrified and pained screams are. You want to cry, but you can't, because you know what kind of person you are.

Aruetor

Jul 25, 2017
Wait theres more then 1 pregnancy scene in the boned mod?
I thought the slimes in the first area we're the only ones that had that mechanic. I'm guessing there's more in the mod?
Yes, literally everyone who has actual sex with her can make her pregnant in that mod, but result that comes out will be always that purple slime from the library (i think so at least, from what i saw in the 1st-2nd area with those numerous grabs you can't prevent or escape xD)

boned

Dec 3, 2018
Wait theres more then 1 pregnancy scene in the boned mod?
Yes, there's 2
Just wanted to say, overall mod is great and brings much more depth to the game.
(y)
Overall imo it would be much better to either exclude grabs while dashing, or grab moves at all
No
Tried the BonedMod, got raped by the first boss 8 times because I was mildly close to him after dodging an attack.
Get good

Yeah the first boss is overtuned because that's the tone I'd like to set for the rest of the mobs as I go forward. Better to toss the chaff to the wind sooner than later. The mod is explicitly for making the game harder. If you want something braindead to play then you'll be fine with vanilla. Dark souls doesn't spare fools and in the spirit of that I'll continue unpersuaded. The one thing I do see is that we should probably kill the player faster if they keep getting grabbed because we're still sending the wrong message that this is supposed to be a forgiving mod. :LOL:

Last edited:

Merkher

Sep 14, 2017
Yes, there's 2

(y)

No

Get good

Yeah the first boss is overtuned because that's the tone I'd like to set for the rest of the mobs as I go forward. Better to toss the chaff to the wind sooner than later. The mod is explicitly for making the game harder. If you want something braindead to play then you'll be fine with vanilla. Dark souls doesn't spare fools and in the spirit of that I'll continue unpersuaded. The one thing I do see is that we should probably kill the player faster if they keep getting grabbed because we're still sending the wrong message that this is supposed to be a forgiving mod. :LOL:
I have to agree with some others in this thread. There's hard that's well designed, fair and enjoyable to overcome and then there's hard that's just random, unfair and annoying. Your mod feels like more of the latter. The sex parts are great and so is some of the tuning done to the enemies, but the guaranteed grabs, RNG-based escape from rape and zero stamina on trap knockdowns are just simply unfun. It doesn't really make the game harder, but rather limits playstyles and makes you sigh every time you get grabbed because escaping is more of a chore than a part of a fun gameplay. Sometimes you get out on the first click and other times you go through 1-2 full animations, especially if the de-buff kicks in.

You compared this to Dark Souls, but those games have very little RNG-based difficulty and don't try to limit players' playstyles. Imagine if you would get the full damage from attacks every time you tried dodge-rolling too close to the enemy in Dark Souls. Most people would probably just play ranged or block builds and it's kinda how it is with this mod. I'm basically either standing still and blocking or just dodging backwards and attacking once or twice, rinse and repeat, with occasional dash above enemies' heads if there's space for that. Doesn't really feel harder, just more limiting.

If you really want that grab on dodge, then maybe something like a cooldown on multiple dodges through enemies would be better. You get one free dodge without grab and then x seconds cooldown. If you try dodging through that enemy during that cooldown you get grabbed. Limits the easy dodge spamming without disabling it completely. As for escape, maybe make it more about figuring out when to start mashing the button based on animation, like increasing the chance right before the insertion or when the enemy is changing position. This way players could learn when's the best moment to escape from every enemy instead of hoping for a good dice roll.

Anyway, it's your mod, so obviously you do you. I've played with it for a while and really enjoyed some of its parts but finally decided to remove it because of the issues I mentioned. Still, it's always awesome to see people making mods for the games you enjoy, so thanks for that. :)

Bulbanych

Oct 13, 2020
Imagine if you would get the full damage from attacks every time you tried dodge-rolling too close to the enemy in Dark Souls.
Funny you should mention that, because that's exactly what Bloodborne did, and it was horrible. It made certain bosses, like Ebrietas for example, absolutely terrible to fight, because you couldn't reliably dodge around her charge due to her gigantic body. Not arguing with your points though, I absolutely agree.

Another thing, I don't think saying "git good, scrub" is a good way to deal with criticism. This is your mod and you have every right to make it the way you want it to be, but when multiple people face same issues with your mod, deflecting their criticism with "git good" only paints you in bad light. Like Merkher said, Dark Souls games are built on fairness (most of the time), and while grab attacks always had wonky hitboxes in Souls, in your mod they feel a hundred times more unfair, so I'm afraid I'd rather play the "braindead" vanilla version for now.

Last edited:

Merkher

Sep 14, 2017
Funny you should mention that, because that's exactly what Bloodborne did, and it was horrible. It made certain bosses, like Ebrietas for example, absolutely terrible to fight, because you couldn't reliably dodge around her charge due to her gigantic body. Not arguing with your points though, I absolutely agree.

Another thing, I don't think saying "git good, scrub" is a good way to deal with criticism. This is your mod and you have every right to make it the way you want it to be, but when multiple people face same issues with your mod, deflecting their criticism with "git good" only paints you in bad light. Like Merkher said, Dark Souls games are built on fairness (most of the time), and while grab attacks always had wonky hitboxes in Souls, in your mod they feel a hundred times more unfair, so I'm afraid I'd rather play the "braindead" vanilla version for now.
It's double funny as that's the only From Software Souls game I didn't play because it's PlayStation exclusive (please port it already). :D

And yeah, agree on the "git good" part. It's their mod and they can do whatever they want with it, but there's no need to be impolite and dismiss everything when people just want to give some (mostly) constructive criticism. Just say you don't want to change it/make different version and that's it. Leave the git gud for the normal souls-likes and not the one-handed variants like NoR. (y)

toothpickshaker

Dec 8, 2019
Does the Bone mod not install correctly for anyone else? I've tried extracting it a few times now to no luck. Do you need to start a new save or something?

EDIT: I've tried using a different version of BepInEx to no luck

EDIT2: I get this message in the log
Method `MonoMod.Utils.PlatformHelper:set_Current (MonoMod.Utils.Platform)' is inaccessible from method `BepInEx.Preloader.PlatformUtils:SetPlatform ()'

Last edited:

Urashima92

Sep 18, 2021
Does the Bone mod not install correctly for anyone else? I've tried extracting it a few times now to no luck. Do you need to start a new save or something?

EDIT: I've tried using a different version of BepInEx to no luck

EDIT2: I get this message in the log
Method `MonoMod.Utils.PlatformHelper:set_Current (MonoMod.Utils.Platform)' is inaccessible from method `BepInEx.Preloader.PlatformUtils:SetPlatform ()'
# Overrides default Mono DLL search path
# Sometimes it is needed to instruct Mono to seek its assemblies from a different path
# (e.g. mscorlib is stripped in original game)
# This option causes Mono to seek mscorlib and core libraries from a different folder before Managed
# Original Managed folder is added as a secondary folder in the search path
dllSearchPathOverride=NightofRevenge_Data\Managed
Try to Edit the doorstop_config.

toothpickshaker

Dec 8, 2019
# Overrides default Mono DLL search path
# Sometimes it is needed to instruct Mono to seek its assemblies from a different path
# (e.g. mscorlib is stripped in original game)
# This option causes Mono to seek mscorlib and core libraries from a different folder before Managed
# Original Managed folder is added as a secondary folder in the search path
dllSearchPathOverride=NightofRevenge_Data\Managed
Try to Edit the doorstop_config.
Tried but no luck. Maybe I'll wait for an updated version of the mod

EDIT: Solved it!
Looked again at the previous posts and saw someone said that ReiPatcher interferes with BepInEx, so I unzipped a fresh version of the game, put in the BoneMod and now it works! My bad everyone but now it's saved for future coomers.
It's my fault for not using or thinking about using a fresh install, but that should probably be saved in the README.
Is there anyway to play with the mod and a English Patch at the same time?

Last edited:
Reactions: DevilSpear96
4.50 star(s) 79 Votes