Severthe

Aug 17, 2019
I have to agree with some others in this thread. There's hard that's well designed, fair and enjoyable to overcome and then there's hard that's just random, unfair and annoying. Your mod feels like more of the latter. The sex parts are great and so is some of the tuning done to the enemies, but the guaranteed grabs, RNG-based escape from rape and zero stamina on trap knockdowns are just simply unfun. It doesn't really make the game harder, but rather limits playstyles and makes you sigh every time you get grabbed because escaping is more of a chore than a part of a fun gameplay. Sometimes you get out on the first click and other times you go through 1-2 full animations, especially if the de-buff kicks in.

You compared this to Dark Souls, but those games have very little RNG-based difficulty and don't try to limit players' playstyles. Imagine if you would get the full damage from attacks every time you tried dodge-rolling too close to the enemy in Dark Souls. Most people would probably just play ranged or block builds and it's kinda how it is with this mod. I'm basically either standing still and blocking or just dodging backwards and attacking once or twice, rinse and repeat, with occasional dash above enemies' heads if there's space for that. Doesn't really feel harder, just more limiting.

If you really want that grab on dodge, then maybe something like a cooldown on multiple dodges through enemies would be better. You get one free dodge without grab and then x seconds cooldown. If you try dodging through that enemy during that cooldown you get grabbed. Limits the easy dodge spamming without disabling it completely. As for escape, maybe make it more about figuring out when to start mashing the button based on animation, like increasing the chance right before the insertion or when the enemy is changing position. This way players could learn when's the best moment to escape from every enemy instead of hoping for a good dice roll.

Anyway, it's your mod, so obviously you do you. I've played with it for a while and really enjoyed some of its parts but finally decided to remove it because of the issues I mentioned. Still, it's always awesome to see people making mods for the games you enjoy, so thanks for that. :)
You hit the nail on the head. I really like that boned mod makes the game more difficult and makes it an actual challenge to try to avoid being raped. But the RNG escape is a horrible play experience. Like you say, the difficulty in Dark Souls is an enjoyable difficulty exactly because what fucks you up is predictable, and therefore through practice you learn the enemy patterns and how to beat them. Boned is free to ignore this as they want. But my feedback as another person who really wants to love the mod but is finding it turning into an un-fun slog, the escapes need to work on a system that isn't RNG. Your idea about tying successful escape to the timing of specific enemy animations within the animation cycle is a good one I think. If boned wanted to still be able to force the player to endure insemination as a consequence of playing badly, perhaps the ability to escape could be removed temporarily after a certain number of escapes in a row, or when the PC is below a certain amount of health?

I think the only thing that needs to be changed is the stamina regen on knock down. It's way to slow, making any knockdown a guaranteed grab.
I also agree with this. I like the idea of having to recover stamina before being able to get back up, but the fact that an enemy can knock me down and send me flying an entire screen length away, and I won't be able to recover before the enemy lazily saunters over at a casual stroll feels ridiculous. Consequences for mistakes is good. Locking the player out of any control over the character for an extended period of time, not so much.

Nov 24, 2017
As far as I could tell, the "exit menu" function is tied to the jump button. If I remember correctly, the default jump button is the space bar.
Exactly, yeah. The game uses the "jump button" as the universal method to "exit a menu". If you bind your jump button to something else, you will have to use that key from that point on in order to exit a menu.

Reactions: Bulbanych

Ergast

May 31, 2017
I can't seem to be able to find these last two entries, especially the weapon between the rapier and nightingale. Someone, please aid me. :>
The entry of that weapon doesn't appear in 1.07. This is my weapon records screen:
1671211661921.png

If it is the karasuageha (because it is the closest weapon to the one you are missing) is just before the final boss, at the top of the rooftop white cathedral, just before the final zone.

I have every weapon registered, so if it isn't but it is one of those that appear in that screenshot, feel free to ask.

Or hell, I can shoot more screenshots of my weapons record and you can look which one is and ask XD

Bulbanych

Oct 13, 2020

Dev made a post a while ago, in which, to apologize for his bad health, he released the soundtrack for free. In the same post this madlad wrote that apparently he has ideas for a new work (don't know if he means additional content for NoR, or a completely new game) and he "would like to proceed with the work while taking care of my body."

I don't remember anyone making a post about this so I decided to do it myself. Sorry if this post was already shared here.

BigBiggieBig

Jan 6, 2019
You hit the nail on the head. I really like that boned mod makes the game more difficult and makes it an actual challenge to try to avoid being raped. But the RNG escape is a horrible play experience.
I just checked the thread again to check for updates or anything new and came across the dev's post in the previous page, it's pointless to try and give him any sort of criticism since it seems he believes he's working on Dark Souls 4 lmao, not gonna bother typing a whole lot mainly because he simply plugged his ears and La La La'd his way out of any feedback, but also because if you just download v0.1 of his mod, there're no grabs, so you get more or less the ideal experience without the comical 'difficulty' he seems proud of.

DHC no

Jun 7, 2022
The game has been great so far, however, I'd like to see the world after the main end of the game (like 100 years or so later). In the sub end ( when we choose to join the last villain), at least we still have a slight insight about what happened afterwards, it's a shame that did not go with the main end tho :(

Severthe

Aug 17, 2019
I just checked the thread again to check for updates or anything new and came across the dev's post in the previous page, it's pointless to try and give him any sort of criticism since it seems he believes he's working on Dark Souls 4 lmao, not gonna bother typing a whole lot mainly because he simply plugged his ears and La La La'd his way out of any feedback, but also because if you just download v0.1 of his mod, there're no grabs, so you get more or less the ideal experience without the comical 'difficulty' he seems proud of.
Yeah, tbf to boned though, I do understand that a lot of feedback from players is often braindead and totally useless, and that game dev by committee always ends up a clusterfuck, so I understand boned's defensiveness. I do think the mod would greatly benefit though from boned drawing more of a distinction between satisfying-to-overcome difficulty, and just-plain-not-fun difficulty.

Your idea about tying successful escape to the timing of specific enemy animations within the animation cycle is a good one I think. If boned wanted to still be able to force the player to endure insemination as a consequence of playing badly, perhaps the ability to escape could be removed temporarily after a certain number of escapes in a row, or when the PC is below a certain amount of health?
An update on this idea. I was thinking more about it, and tying escape to enemy animations would be a metric fuckton of work. So perhaps a better non-rng idea would be a system like: Guaranteed escape if player at max stamina, but with every repeated rape/grab within a certain time-frame the rate at which stamina recovers becomes slower and slower until insemination is guaranteed. Something like that could maybe be an improvement while still punishing the player for bad play.

Anyway, it's boned's mod, so I don't expect my or other's suggestions to be implemented if boned doesn't like them. But just thought I'd put it out there. Inb4 "someone already suggested this". I cba reading through weeks worth of pages of this thread lol

Reactions: Tewi

playsafe

Dec 29, 2017
I can't use some of the items in the inventory, like the Witch's Elixier or some named Ideas. Their menu just won't open. Is there a workaround for that?
I'm using 1.06(Uncensored&Unmodded)

update: Those can be used later in the game

Last edited:

nghiathanh321

Apr 17, 2020
Why are there scenes that have not been opened? I played all the games and let the enemy hit me but there were still many scenes that have not been opened, can someone help me? I'm playing version 1.0.7 1671295962453.png 1671295985072.png 1671295998995.png

souldead341

Engaged Member
Oct 16, 2017
I can't use some of the items in the inventory, like the Witch's Elixier or some Ideas. Their menu just won't open. Is there a workaround for that?
I'm using 1.06(Uncensored&Unmodded)

edit: It seems like I can only active the last item (apart from teleportation, they're working all the time) and have to visit the menu every time I'm picking up an Idea.
edit²: I think those are automatically added items, which just got stuck visually. I've defeated a boss, bot it's souls/Idea added to my counter automatically, but the Idea item is stuck in my inventory.
Ok, so there are a number of items that are used just as markers for beating the boss or increasing your potion count. The boss name ideas let you summon them to fight again if you revisit the area later, by activating a red particle effect before the arena. Once you get to the shop in Ragdum you can also use them to buy weapons.

The Witch's Elixer just increases your potion count by 1 (IIRC there's a separately named on for mana too).

You always get XP (Ideas) from killing any enemy, but there are also usable items that give you a set amount of XP. Bosses (AFAIK) don't drop any of those, but common enemies do and they're a fairly common item to find in the world too. Since you lose ideas on defeat they're basically a safe way to save up a large number of XP for leveling, since you won't lose them on death. You can also figure out if you only need a small amount for the next level but won't have enough with all the idea items you have you could use only enough for the upgrade you want.

Last edited:
Reactions: playsafe

Susan Xandera

Jul 13, 2017
Did this game get any new conntent past half a year?
OP, OP, OP, OP, OP, OP, OP, OP, OP, OP, OP, OP, OP, OP, OP, O-MOTHER-FUCKING-P! Seriously, so many jackasses refuse to do the sensible thing and look at the first page for a simple changelog when the damn version number changes and jump straight into asking the same dumbass question over and over and over and over again. Hot damn, too many people looking to be spoon fed basic information around these forums that LOOKING AT THE OP usually fixes.

6576df17b34b597856b9ccc8333159b08a6a1ae926023a97bac71f27411a569c.jpg

boned

Dec 3, 2018
Yeah to be crystal clear to anybody who wants to try my mod out. It is not made for you. It is a hobby and I do whatever I want with it. It is free too. There are a lot of beggars out here and they sure as fuck don't get to be choosers too. I don't see them making design proposals or writing a single line of code so I'm helping them understand their worth because I don't actually have to appeal to anybody. I'm not out here selling anything. If I see something that looks good and I feel like I want to work on the mod, I may incorporate the changes. I do enjoy seeing feedback from people who are thoughtful and not toxic pieces of shit.

Your brain is an echo chamber.

Last edited:

ei8TuiVe

Nov 22, 2022
Here's a small mod I made: NoR Big "O" Counter

NoRBigOCounter.rar

What it does:

- gives a visual indicator when Aradia climaxes
- shows cream pie volumes as they happen
- shows throat pie volumes as they happen

Wut? Why?

I found myself wondering how in the world Aradia was piling up so many orgasms just by me watching monsters rape her. Now I know. Also, I wondered why semen wasn't being treated like damage, with little popups indicating amount delivered. Fixed.

Installation:

Simply extract the included DLL into the Night of Revenge install directory under BepInEx\plugins\

Let me know if you have any suggestions, complaints, issues. I'll see what I can do. This is my first mod of anything, so happy to get input from people who know what they're doing.

Examples attached

Secetum

Nov 9, 2022
Here's a small mod I made: NoR Big "O" Counter

NoRBigOCounter.rar

What it does:

- gives a visual indicator when Aradia climaxes
- shows cream pie volumes as they happen
- shows throat pie volumes as they happen

Wut? Why?

I found myself wondering how in the world Aradia was piling up so many orgasms just by me watching monsters rape her. Now I know. Also, I wondered why semen wasn't being treated like damage, with little popups indicating amount delivered. Fixed.

Installation:

Simply extract the included DLL into the Night of Revenge install directory under BepInEx\plugins\

Let me know if you have any suggestions, complaints, issues. I'll see what I can do. This is my first mod of anything, so happy to get input from people who know what they're doing.

Examples attached
I've tried this a bit alongside Boned's mod for 1.07. So far, from my little play testing, they don't interfere with each other, and I haven't seen any new problems occur yet.

One little thing to note, regarding grabs that end in a Game Over, is that the counters don't appear at the same time Aradia would be creampied/climaxing/throat-pied in the scenes. I'm taking a guess that they appear when the corresponding creampied/climaxing/throat-pied's numbers shown in the status change. Noticed this from one of the Jailers in Ranch.

One last thing, it's just my preference, but I think it'd be nice when the "Climaxing" text appears, it lingers a little bit longer and moves upward a tad bit slower. I'm focusing on the h-scenes, so it'd be better imo, when a red text appears for an h-scene, it's there long enough to recognize she climaxed, rather than seeing it zoom upwards too quickly when one focuses on the action.

Reactions: kuno99

ei8TuiVe

Nov 22, 2022
I've tried this a bit alongside Boned's mod for 1.07. So far, from my little play testing, they don't interfere with each other, and I haven't seen any new problems occur yet.

One little thing to note, regarding grabs that end in a Game Over, is that the counters don't appear at the same time Aradia would be creampied/climaxing/throat-pied in the scenes. I'm taking a guess that they appear when the corresponding creampied/climaxing/throat-pied's numbers shown in the status change. Noticed this from one of the Jailers in Ranch.

One last thing, it's just my preference, but I think it'd be nice when the "Climaxing" text appears, it lingers a little bit longer and moves upward a tad bit slower. I'm focusing on the h-scenes, so it'd be better imo, when a red text appears for an h-scene, it's there long enough to recognize she climaxed, rather than seeing it zoom upwards too quickly when one focuses on the action.
Thanks for your feedback!

I'll see if there's something I can do about how long the text lingers. At the moment I'm re-using the code that damage uses, but I'm still figuring out how it works so I'll see how much I can customise it.

For those interested in the process: I've hooked the "Library" orgasm and creampie methods, which don't cover everything. Specifically, Game-Over scenes and gallery are things I'd like to include, so I'll work on it!

lightspeed77

Jan 21, 2018
where the links for the uncensor and translation to english? the post a few pages back for uncensor is dead.

Last edited:

Paladin187

Sep 23, 2022
BonedMod is fun, though the RNG escape doesn't seem to be working with the minotaur. Literally been stuck in an animation hell for over an hour now, as she gets intoxicated every cycle, and only has about 1/3 of the animation length to attempt to escape before being intoxicated again. Perhaps a way to use her magical attack/mana pool to force an escape (depending on the amount she has) would be useful.

4.50 star(s) 79 Votes