benonodas

Feb 28, 2020
hi guys,sorry for the dumb question but i've been afk for a few months,how can i start modding on this game?(sorry for bad english) ahnvm it was above the message xD

bgtbbb

Mar 3, 2021
Testing a new struggle system.

### v0.7.0
- Hold "Up + Submit" for 3 secs to "give up"
-> If you are standing, then you will be downed (for when you want to skip to the ero animation)
-> If you are already downed, then its death (for when you can't struggle out and want to reset)
- Added option to disable the PleasureParalysis effects (random stun and orgasms at 100% status)
- In additon to 0 SP when downed by an attack, first penetration, player orgasm, and creampies also reset SP to 0 (configurable)

- New struggle system
-> Pressing the potion button while downed is unchanged. (Spend a potion for a 100% escape)
-> SP now decreases when downed based on Pleasure status
-> Mash the attack or submit button to gain SP back, you escape at 100% SP
-> If downed but not in an ero animation, mashing always works
-> If in an ero animation, mashing only works within small time windows. Wait for the prompt and mash as much as you can within that time frame. Mashing outside of these escape windows does nothing.

I recommend anyone using this new version to delete their old cfg files as ive moved some things around.
This new struggle system is incompatible with boned mod, the two systems won't work together.

Things im working on/thinking of adding later:
- Manually adjust struggle times based on animations (some have very large windows to struggle, others with heavy bondage are near impossible)
- Returning to the same shrine/save point after using it results in a game over scene. Reasoning being that the inquisitors are hunting aradia and chasing after her shrine to shrine. Gameplay wise this forces you to make progress instead of grinding/returning to safety.
- Trying to find a way to add new custom levels (Decompiling unity is hard)
- Open to any other ideas

For reference, the older change logs:
### v0.6.0
- Added SP damage modifier to guarded attacks
- Fixed bug with pregnancy status buildup with enemies that play gameover scenes instead of a traditional ero animation (Ranch enemies)
- Added hardcore mode
### v0.5.0
- Added health damage to ero and creampies
- Move status bars to the bottom of the screen
- Fixed status bars flickering when at 100%
- Fixed PleasureParalysis buildup from attacks while already downed
### v0.4.0
- Moved most mod settings to config file
- Added cooldown timer for elite grabs
### v0.3.0
- Added "Elite" enemy types
- Normal enemies have a small chance (10%) to spawn as their "Elite" variant
- Elite enemies have much more HP (3x), are faster (1.3x), and give more EXP (4x)
- Contact with an Elite enemy will instantly down the player unless they are dodging or air borne
### v0.2.0
- Moved instant escape with HP potion button to the item button
- Non knockdown hits become knockdowns based on percentage of PleasureParalysis bar filled
- Gain MP onHit with weapons with INT scaling
### v0.1.0
- PleasureParalysis (The status that fills due to the pink gas) has been repurposed
- No longer decreases over time, go to a shrine to cure it
- Increases when hit with an attack that knocks down
- Increases over time during ero scenes
- Take more damage based on percentage of bar filled (Up to 2.5x)
- Do less damage based on percentage of bar filled (Down to 0.5x)
- Attacks are slower based on percentage of bar filled (Down to 0.7x)
- Creampies cause pregnancy (births slimes)
- Being downed by an attack reduces SP to zero
- Can not struggle out until SP is full (recovers based on PleasureParalysis percentage)
- Struggle with the attack button to consume a HP potion and instantly recover all SP
- Struggle with the select button works as normal (Can't escape until SP full)
## Installing
1. Only tested with a fresh install (See downloads on first page)
2. Unzip the file
3. Place the 'NoREroMod.dll' within the 'RJ405582 - Night of Revenge\BepInEx\plugins' folder

Dowfra

Apr 7, 2021
oh boy, what a great game.
but i kinda want to ask, is there any way for the H-animation using the other clothes ? it always revert to her original. not that i'm complaining as its already "hardening ma D, but well, kinda wasting the option to change her clothes then.
or.. is it still in development yet ? kindly enlighten me, anyone ?

souldead341

Engaged Member
Oct 16, 2017
oh boy, what a great game.
but i kinda want to ask, is there any way for the H-animation using the other clothes ? it always revert to her original. not that i'm complaining as its already "hardening ma D, but well, kinda wasting the option to change her clothes then.
or.. is it still in development yet ? kindly enlighten me, anyone ?
No, the clothes don't effect the animations. Also the game is completed, though there are a number of mods being actively developed.

Nebukhanezzar

Feb 9, 2018
Testing a new struggle system.

### v0.7.0
- Hold "Up + Submit" for 3 secs to "give up"
-> If you are standing, then you will be downed (for when you want to skip to the ero animation)
-> If you are already downed, then its death (for when you can't struggle out and want to reset)
- Added option to disable the PleasureParalysis effects (random stun and orgasms at 100% status)
- In additon to 0 SP when downed by an attack, first penetration, player orgasm, and creampies also reset SP to 0 (configurable)

- New struggle system
-> Pressing the potion button while downed is unchanged. (Spend a potion for a 100% escape)
-> SP now decreases when downed based on Pleasure status
-> Mash the attack or submit button to gain SP back, you escape at 100% SP
-> If downed but not in an ero animation, mashing always works
-> If in an ero animation, mashing only works within small time windows. Wait for the prompt and mash as much as you can within that time frame. Mashing outside of these escape windows does nothing.

I recommend anyone using this new version to delete their old cfg files as ive moved some things around.
This new struggle system is incompatible with boned mod, the two systems won't work together.

- Manually adjust struggle times based on animations (some have very large windows to struggle, others with heavy bondage are near impossible)
- Returning to the same shrine/save point after using it results in a game over scene. Reasoning being that the inquisitors are hunting aradia and chasing after her shrine to shrine. Gameplay wise this forces you to make progress instead of grinding/returning to safety.
- Trying to find a way to add new custom levels (Decompiling unity is hard)
- Open to any other ideas

For reference, the older change logs:
Just tested this out. Excellent implementation. This is so much better than I could've predicted. I haven't checked the codebase, but considering the work here, I'm guessing it's a lot to go through

Reactions: koou and SheinBein

bgtbbb

Mar 3, 2021
Just tested this out. Excellent implementation. This is so much better than I could've predicted. I haven't checked the codebase, but considering the work here, I'm guessing it's a lot to go through
I've tried multiple other more complicated struggle systems before coming to this one. The other were simplely too complicated or annoying to use.
Feel free to update your patch for boned mod compatibility, but considering that the main feature of this version is the new struggle system im not sure how you would go about that.

Nebukhanezzar

Feb 9, 2018
I've tried multiple other more complicated struggle systems before coming to this one. The other were simplely too complicated or annoying to use.
Feel free to update your patch for boned mod compatibility, but considering that the main feature of this version is the new struggle system im not sure how you would go about that.
So I'm pretty satisfied with your mod now. I think it's at a point where I can use it completely on its own. I think the only thing I would want is a way to make all enemies grab when you get too close, instead of just elites, and an option to force a knockdown when your guard is broken.

I'm trying to make a BonedMod patch just for the sake of it though. Since your system is so different than bonemod for struggling. I'll have to remove most of the new struggle system to make it work with bonemod. However I think I can make it so that you can do bonemod's rng struggle when there is a struggle window from your mod. I'll put some sort of hard consquence like sp goes straight back down to zero if you try to struggle at the wrong time.

This might work, but I think it might be way too unfair to use. I'll see though

NKN0WN

Apr 5, 2023
Can anyone tell me how to get more karma points?
I'm currently stuck at 105 and don't know where to look for the missing points.
I looked through the post, about a hundred pages, before giving up and now I'm posting this.
Any tips are greatly appreciated!

UPDATE
I started a new game and managed to get up to 165 Karma :KEK:

Last edited:

Phanatic

Jan 29, 2019
Hello, everyone!
I'm totally new to this thread, read very little, know not so much. I need a little bit of help with translation, if you could answer me a couple of questions, that would be great!

At the start to note: I've downloaded the usual game in japanese and since I don't know japanese, as a laymen English man I then downloaded the "AutoTranslator", which is just the same entire game already translated, has cheats and gallery opened. Since I don't want to hassle myself with mods or anything, the last version of the game with maximum Hentai content available at any time and in English was and still is a perfect variant for me.

For the last 4 days I have been actually playing and re-playing the game, since I found it to be really well-executed in both gameplay and Hentai aspects. But the only aspect that worsens the experience is the translation. I have no idea how "Partial Translation" is, but since it's partial I wouldn't presume it to be perfect neither.
Just as an example that's what how the majority of the game is being written+translated to me:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I don't know about you, but for me that is a pure nonsensical gibberish. Characters' sexes are almost always wrong, random signs that don't mean anything, textual noises that characters do in Japanese way like "Bururururu" (which might work for people in Eastern culture, but for Europe and Western it confuses more than excites me) and just overall context is absolutely twisted to the point of being pure hazard to read. Same goes to the Hentai scenes (nightmares) and dialogues during the story. I can kind of understand what is presumed to be said in general, but when we talk about a well-constructed sentence that pumps up your blood during a sex scene to make you more horny because of the role play aspect... There's none of that because of such a quality.

So my main question is: is there something that I've missed? Is there something I have to do to not only translate to english, but to also make it make sense? I've searched around 20 pages here and I haven't seem to have noticed such a discussion - mostly people talk about mods for older versions and occasionally somebody mentions a full translation, but it doesn;t go anywhere from that.
So... have I missed something? Is there a high-quality translation somewhere or is there something else I should do?
Or maybe this game just doesn't have a high-quality one just yet?

And a second question will make sense only if the answer to the first one would be "There's no high quality translation just yet", so I'll put it in spoilers in case I'm an idiot.

But tl;dr 2nd question = if there's none, would it make sense if I were to make one from AutoTranslator for v1.07 but actually better and legitimately well-written?

Peace! \/

Scrubl0rd

Jan 25, 2021
Hello, everyone!
I'm totally new to this thread, read very little, know not so much. I need a little bit of help with translation, if you could answer me a couple of questions, that would be great!

At the start to note: I've downloaded the usual game in japanese and since I don't know japanese, as a laymen English man I then downloaded the "AutoTranslator", which is just the same entire game already translated, has cheats and gallery opened. Since I don't want to hassle myself with mods or anything, the last version of the game with maximum Hentai content available at any time and in English was and still is a perfect variant for me.

For the last 4 days I have been actually playing and re-playing the game, since I found it to be really well-executed in both gameplay and Hentai aspects. But the only aspect that worsens the experience is the translation. I have no idea how "Partial Translation" is, but since it's partial I wouldn't presume it to be perfect neither.
Just as an example that's what how the majority of the game is being written+translated to me:
I don't know about you, but for me that is a pure nonsensical gibberish. Characters' sexes are almost always wrong, random signs that don't mean anything, textual noises that characters do in Japanese way like "Bururururu" (which might work for people in Eastern culture, but for Europe and Western it confuses more than excites me) and just overall context is absolutely twisted to the point of being pure hazard to read. Same goes to the Hentai scenes (nightmares) and dialogues during the story. I can kind of understand what is presumed to be said in general, but when we talk about a well-constructed sentence that pumps up your blood during a sex scene to make you more horny because of the role play aspect... There's none of that because of such a quality.

So my main question is: is there something that I've missed? Is there something I have to do to not only translate to english, but to also make it make sense? I've searched around 20 pages here and I haven't seem to have noticed such a discussion - mostly people talk about mods for older versions and occasionally somebody mentions a full translation, but it doesn;t go anywhere from that.
So... have I missed something? Is there a high-quality translation somewhere or is there something else I should do?

And a second question will make sense only if the answer to the first one would be "There's no high quality translation just yet", so I'll put it in spoilers in case I'm an idiot.

But tl;dr 2nd question = if there's none, would it make sense if I were to make one from AutoTranslator for v1.07 but actually better and legitimately well-written?

Peace! \/
Good luck on your translation though, looking real promising already

AblazeCoal

Apr 9, 2018
As far as I can remember, there were at least three strong contendors for full manual translation, but I stopped following thread before any of them came to conclusion. And from what you have found, I may only presume that none of them made it through. Shame.
I mean, sure, no doubt everybody who sees your post would be glad to have themselves a proper translation... Problem is, just like you said, this would take a fuckton of time, and I can only imagine this to be the main reason nobody else done it yet. Even if you do take this on and see it through, I don't think we'll see anything decent for at least a couple of month, don't take this as an insult.

However, the other thing is, that while D-Lis was mostly silent for four months, likely busy with real life and health issues, only tweeting out posts, that seem to be managed by a bot, but back at the beginning of the year there were some talks about further updates to NoR, including bugfixes, ironing out inconsistencies, balancing, re-implementation of old content and also a proper ENTL. And if by some miracle it comes out the next month or one after, well, ought to feel quite shitty for anybody working on their own translation. Of course, four months with no news on the matter is a long time, but, good golly, did this game take awhile to be made in the first place! D-Lis isn't the fastest dev out there, but dude sure as fuck delivers good content, so I have little to no doubt there will eventually be OENTL to NoR, though, ma-a-aybe not this year.

However, from the way you described your way of translating, I don't see it as a direct competitor with official translation - whenever may it come - but more like a story mod. Kinda big part of the lore is keeping up appearances, what makes final twist work despite it coming out of nowhere, so a lot of dialogues are kept plain (also making them easier to write for somebody already busy with the rest of the game). But alongside various eromods people came up with, I think a more gritty story would fit right in, so, in my personal opinion, if you do finish this translation, I wouldn't mind seeing it, even if somehow there will be an official one at that point.

SheinBein

Dec 8, 2019
So I'm pretty satisfied with your mod now. I think it's at a point where I can use it completely on its own. I think the only thing I would want is a way to make all enemies grab when you get too close, instead of just elites, and an option to force a knockdown when your guard is broken.

I'm trying to make a BonedMod patch just for the sake of it though. Since your system is so different than bonemod for struggling. I'll have to remove most of the new struggle system to make it work with bonemod. However I think I can make it so that you can do bonemod's rng struggle when there is a struggle window from your mod. I'll put some sort of hard consquence like sp goes straight back down to zero if you try to struggle at the wrong time.

This might work, but I think it might be way too unfair to use. I'll see though
Autograb is just annoying in this game. If a game has autograb or not is a fundamental decision in a hentai game's core design, and this game doesn't have it for good reason as it just breaks the flow of movement and combat. It also feels arbitrary with when you get grabbed, and p
It punishes you for using certain weapons and spells at all.

Reactions: MortimerScharf

Phanatic

Jan 29, 2019
As far as I can remember, there were at least three strong contendors for full manual translation, but I stopped following thread before any of them came to conclusion. And from what you have found, I may only presume that none of them made it through. Shame.
Well, to be honest I haven't searched through entirety of the Internet. I've only gone through a couple dozen pages here and on the official site. Haven't found anything finished, so... I dunno. I usually always presume that if there's afully-fledged translation of a game then it's either implemented in the game to start with, or then on F95 such a translation would be in the description... So I kind of ended on "I guess there's no perfect translation for this just yet..."
I mean, sure, no doubt everybody who sees your post would be glad to have themselves a proper translation... Problem is, just like you said, this would take a fuckton of time, and I can only imagine this to be the main reason nobody else done it yet. Even if you do take this on and see it through, I don't think we'll see anything decent for at least a couple of month, don't take this as an insult.
None taken - I'm no professional transletor. I won't be doing massive researches on lore with infinite callbacks to other lore parts and I won't be translating every single japanese word with regard to its cultural reference or cultural specifics.
I simply want to have a game where every sentence makes perfect sense as minimum. And some modifications I talked about are not as massive, since all of the dialogues will stay basicly the same. I won't be changing the core idea, nor will I be able to change the tone that there already is too much. I will just add some roughness to the dialogue, like bandits will swear like bandits and popes will speaka little bit more intellectually... no idea how much it will change for the player, but were I to make my own game, I would do so, so why not. I also wanted to see a little bit more H corruption of the MC, but game pretty much doesn't have that... so I added some spice in Nightmare scenes. Since they all end up as the end of her journey, I don't see why not to make at least some of them more dirty in that sense.
However, from the way you described your way of translating, I don't see it as a direct competitor with official translation - whenever may it come - but more like a story mod.
Won't be even much of a mod tbh, since I won't change too much. Same story, same logic, same morals, same characters. They will be simply a tit bit dirtier and talk a little more. For example:
Plus as I said H scenes would be just little bit more kinkier.

Naturally my amatorish attitude won't be any kind of competitor to official translators, I doubt I will be able to make it perfect, there wil lstill be some mistakes here and there. As I said before - I just want it to be a workable plot logic-wise, without cringy japanese "Daburururururu" or "?" or just untranslatable signs.
However, the other thing is, that while D-Lis was mostly silent for four months, likely busy with real life and health issues, only tweeting out posts, that seem to be managed by a bot, but back at the beginning of the year there were some talks about further updates to NoR, including bugfixes, ironing out inconsistencies, balancing, re-implementation of old content and also a proper ENTL. And if by some miracle it comes out the next month or one after, well, ought to feel quite shitty for anybody working on their own translation. Of course, four months with no news on the matter is a long time, but, good golly, did this game take awhile to be made in the first place! D-Lis isn't the fastest dev out there, but dude sure as fuck delivers good content, so I have little to no doubt there will eventually be OENTL to NoR, though, ma-a-aybe not this year.
I won't care neither about future releases nor about bug fixes or anything. V1.07 that I have works almost perfectly, without any game crushing or progress stopping bugs. I'm fully satisfied. I will be able to give you everyone here my translation and you can do whatever you wish with. But that will be it for me. I will be satisfied with such a game.
If even more content comes, I don't think I will be here at this point. Right nowit's just stars have collided that I have tons of free time for random stuff, but in the future I think I will be busy with other stuff.

About complexity: any type of work requires some quality check, so naturally even translation of a game like this would require some time. 2 months though? I don't think so. This is no Legend of queen Opala, where you could write literall books. Story here is very simple and quite short. As I said, I have already edited all of the main quest - took me 1 day. So maybe a week or two and I think everything will be done.
Main problem comes from the translator file that I need to edit, since nothing there is tagged and when I need to edit the text I have no idea who says the dialogue so there's a damn tonn of guessing. I have to do it with 2 screens - 1 has the game opened and running with the dialogue and 2nd one has google translator and opened .txt file that basically transfers edits into the game.
Well, anyway...

I personally think that it's not as hard as it seems and since i have some free time, I might as well give it a shot. I was more wondering if there's an official normal logical translation or not. Since I see no positive answer, I'll be giving it my totally amateur-ish kinky shot.
Once I do it, I will share the .txt file here with my version of the game's texts in v1.07+AutoTranslator as base. Whether to use it or not - will be completely up to you.

Krongorka

Sep 22, 2017
Well, to be honest I haven't searched through entirety of the Internet. I've only gone through a couple dozen pages here and on the official site. Haven't found anything finished, so... I dunno. I usually always presume that if there's afully-fledged translation of a game then it's either implemented in the game to start with, or then on F95 such a translation would be in the description... So I kind of ended on "I guess there's no perfect translation for this just yet..."

None taken - I'm no professional transletor. I won't be doing massive researches on lore with infinite callbacks to other lore parts and I won't be translating every single japanese word with regard to its cultural reference or cultural specifics.
I simply want to have a game where every sentence makes perfect sense as minimum. And some modifications I talked about are not as massive, since all of the dialogues will stay basicly the same. I won't be changing the core idea, nor will I be able to change the tone that there already is too much. I will just add some roughness to the dialogue, like bandits will swear like bandits and popes will speaka little bit more intellectually... no idea how much it will change for the player, but were I to make my own game, I would do so, so why not. I also wanted to see a little bit more H corruption of the MC, but game pretty much doesn't have that... so I added some spice in Nightmare scenes. Since they all end up as the end of her journey, I don't see why not to make at least some of them more dirty in that sense.

Won't be even much of a mod tbh, since I won't change too much. Same story, same logic, same morals, same characters. They will be simply a tit bit dirtier and talk a little more. For example:
Plus as I said H scenes would be just little bit more kinkier.

Naturally my amatorish attitude won't be any kind of competitor to official translators, I doubt I will be able to make it perfect, there wil lstill be some mistakes here and there. As I said before - I just want it to be a workable plot logic-wise, without cringy japanese "Daburururururu" or "?" or just untranslatable signs.

I won't care neither about future releases nor about bug fixes or anything. V1.07 that I have works almost perfectly, without any game crushing or progress stopping bugs. I'm fully satisfied. I will be able to give you everyone here my translation and you can do whatever you wish with. But that will be it for me. I will be satisfied with such a game.
If even more content comes, I don't think I will be here at this point. Right nowit's just stars have collided that I have tons of free time for random stuff, but in the future I think I will be busy with other stuff.

About complexity: any type of work requires some quality check, so naturally even translation of a game like this would require some time. 2 months though? I don't think so. This is no Legend of queen Opala, where you could write literall books. Story here is very simple and quite short. As I said, I have already edited all of the main quest - took me 1 day. So maybe a week or two and I think everything will be done.
Main problem comes from the translator file that I need to edit, since nothing there is tagged and when I need to edit the text I have no idea who says the dialogue so there's a damn tonn of guessing. I have to do it with 2 screens - 1 has the game opened and running with the dialogue and 2nd one has google translator and opened .txt file that basically transfers edits into the game.
Well, anyway...

I personally think that it's not as hard as it seems and since i have some free time, I might as well give it a shot. I was more wondering if there's an official normal logical translation or not. Since I see no positive answer, I'll be giving it my totally amateur-ish kinky shot.
Once I do it, I will share the .txt file here with my version of the game's texts in v1.07+AutoTranslator as base. Whether to use it or not - will be completely up to you.
I think I posted it already, but since you're asking here's a bepinex "Auto Generated" translation I'm using for 1.06+BepInEx

Oh, and good luck with your translation. Looking forward to it.

lmoaf27

Aug 9, 2022
This is such a great ideas mate, keep it up! Your mod becoming better and better and it's far more variable than boned's one, thanks to config. Really, i like very much that approach with escape difficulty depends on animation and disabling shrines to prevent cheesing too!
So if you're open to any other ideas i have some:

So, if you'll do this shrine stuff, will there be only animation with inquisitors, or bad end animation will depend on level? The second option looks much better in my opinion. After all, not only inquisitors can hunt aradia. Also, will there be some kind of indicator above the shrine that it should no longer be used? Btw, if you decide to add random strong mobs, then maybe you should make it possible to reroll the level once with the help of a shrine and then block it, so that the player has a chance to avoid difficulties?

[TRAPS] Also how about making traps invisible or random? And/or make them really hard to escape? I really like some traps from second level with "flowers" on boards but unfortunately, you can't get into them if you have eyes. (I once get caught by one of these and only because I did not notice the log when i was in a hurry, running away from a crowd of mobs, cus I played with a boned mod and with it, mobs really become dangerous when they gather in a crowd cus they can grab you.)
And unfortunately these traps can only be found in this level, as i remember, wich is not great cus they have really good animations.
It would be really interesting to run into random traps in random places, which reminds me of darkest dungeon cus theres random traps too and you can't avoid them except you're lucky and have high stats.
Random traps may cause bad situations (or good he-he) if you do your cheese preventing shrine system. But traps dont do damage as i remember so it'll be okay even if you encounter unavoidable trap and you can't just reroll it cus previous shrine is banned. You'll have to fall into this trap to procceed or idk go another way if you want virgin run? But we're all know that virgin runs sucks or you really must be good at game and game difficulty should not revolve around virgin runs or it'll ruin fun from random Rapes
I was also thinking, how about doing some kind of reaction events and if you succeed, you'll get souls/consumables and something like that, and if you fail, you fall into a trap? Sounds like a good idea to take a chance and restore a charge of a healing potion or just get your mana pool restored/healed or trapped by your greed and slowness?

BTW, in AQE the traps are infinite and work every time you linger on them for more than a second without clothes.

[HUD] How about making a button that disables it? Or option that disables it in scenes? It would be interesting to play without hud at all. Idk why or how but it sounds kinda hard wich is cool.

[MOBS] How about randomising them? Like make a little chance to giant-mf appearing in second level? I think it can make game more replayable and kinda funny. It's like your elites but crazier. It will also kinda prevent memorization of mobs in levels and make it impossible to fully know what you'll encounter ahead. Maybe these random mobs may be pre-made?
Also you can twist their stats and kill rewards, as well as add some sorts of modifiers to them, such as resistance to magic / melee / projectiles, give them invisibility or speed or explosive attacks.

And almost forgot! How about placing random mimics and chests with souls and consumables? This sounds very cool! (but i think it would be necessary to make the mimic immediately grab you, but you could check it somehow, maybe with the help of a special item, or just take a risk, it's up to you). But damn, random mimics is awesome thought cus the ones that we already have in the game sit in places where they are very easy to get cheesed with fire staff or magic, and there are very few of them in principle wich is sad cus they have nice animations and such potential to waste your run ass! And most importantly, the risk is always yours!

[WEAPONS] Some weapons are much weaker and therefore more useless than others, especially when playing with a boned mod where speed and distance are very important. But even without boned mod, staff that creates knifes is really sucks. Both in convenience and damage. It requires a lot of stamina, and the trajectory of the daggers makes them difficult to hit and the risk of this playstyle is absolutely not justified. (weapon name: inquisitor staff)
Also there's some kind of crystall dagger that has electricity damage, but at the same time it has a very slow attack, a small range and has no block. (weapon name: charged crystal blade) I have no idea who will use it. And at the same time, there is some kind of standard sword or silver sword (weapon name: crusader's straight sword) that has additional light damage (The one that is obtained in a location with LONG knights, that does fatality to you) and it has excellent damage, speed, etc.
In staves, we don’t really have a choice at all, it’s only a tomb stick (weapon name: burial shroud) that shoots a purple clot forward. Extremely effective, convenient, stuns and damages multiple enemies. Even the fire staff sucks when you compare it to this.

But in fact, weapons should be the last thing to think about, everything is quite playable. Other than the inquisitor's staff, it really sucks. Although it looks cooler than all the others but it's god damn useless :cry:

[GROUP SEX OR IDK HOW TO CALL IT] If you read my previous message, you probably noticed that I mentioned AQE game and boned mod for it (there's a screenshot) so in AQE when enemy finishes animation it just throws you down and another enemy comes to you and do its stuff, Rape™. It lasts indefinitely until you run out of HP or run away. This is not necessary at all and NoR has its own looped animations that are not designed for this approach, but maybe this idea will interest you. Also AQE have animations for 1 and 2 same type enemies at the same time wich is cool but again in NoR we have a little different story wich is no worse.

[IMMERSIVENESS AGAIN] Again, remember that AQE boned mod? So boned did a great (but annoying in terms of AQE dynamic) stuff, they made it so that only those enemies that your character sees are visible on the screen, and enemies behind you or behind obstacles become ghostly and barely distinguishable. (this can be seen in the screenshot in my previous reply).
It can make game even more unpredictable and intriguing, especially considering that NoR is a rather slow game and it will look much better here than in AQE, wich is pure slasher. (AQE without boned mod, with it, it's just rape sim, expecially if you play without spamming projectiles and waiting for mana recharge)

So thats all that came to my mind at the moment. I would also like to express a wish, since in your mod the enemies do not grab you, then let them at least knock you down more often, otherwise the game forgives too many mistakes and it looks more like slasher than a soul-like with timings and tactics.
Btw, how about adding a double jump cd or stamina requirement? Muhahaha pls no

And remember lads, its not a Rape™ if you jump on a dicks or traps by yourself, its called corruption.

Last edited:
Jul 11, 2022
This is such a great ideas mate, keep it up! Your mod becoming better and better and it's far more variable than boned's one, thanks to config. Really, i like very much that approach with escape difficulty depends on animation and disabling shrines to prevent cheesing too!

So, if you'll do this shrine stuff, will there be only animation with inquisitors, or bad end animation will depend on level? The second option looks much better in my opinion. After all, not only inquisitors can hunt aradia. Also, will there be some kind of indicator above the shrine that it should no longer be used? Btw, if you decide to add random strong mobs, then maybe you should make it possible to reroll the level once with the help of a shrine and then block it, so that the player has a chance to avoid difficulties?

[TRAPS] Also how about making traps invisible or random? And/or make them really hard to escape? I really like some traps from second level with "flowers" on boards but unfortunately, you can't get into them if you have eyes. (I once get caught by one of these and only because I did not notice the log when i was in a hurry, running away from a crowd of mobs, cus I played with a boned mod and with it, mobs really become dangerous when they gather in a crowd cus they can grab you.)
And unfortunately these traps can only be found in this level, as i remember, wich is not great cus they have really good animations.
It would be really interesting to run into random traps in random places, which reminds me of darkest dungeon cus theres random traps too and you can't avoid them except you're lucky and have high stats.
Random traps may cause bad situations (or good he-he) if you do your cheese preventing shrine system. But traps dont do damage as i remember so it'll be okay even if you encounter unavoidable trap and you can't just reroll it cus previous shrine is banned. You'll have to fall into this trap to procceed or idk go another way if you want virgin run? But we're all know that virgin runs sucks or you really must be good at game and game difficulty should not revolve around virgin runs or it'll ruin fun from random Rapes
I was also thinking, how about doing some kind of reaction events and if you succeed, you'll get souls/consumables and something like that, and if you fail, you fall into a trap? Sounds like a good idea to take a chance and restore a charge of a healing potion or just get your mana pool restored/healed or trapped by your greed and slowness?

BTW, in AQE the traps are infinite and work every time you linger on them for more than a second without clothes.

[HUD] How about making a button that disables it? Or option that disables it in scenes? It would be interesting to play without hud at all. Idk why or how but it sounds kinda hard wich is cool.

[MOBS] How about randomising them? Like make a little chance to giant-mf appearing in second level? I think it can make game more replayable and kinda funny. It's like your elites but crazier. It will also kinda prevent memorization of mobs in levels and make it impossible to fully know what you'll encounter ahead. Maybe these random mobs may be pre-made?
Also you can twist their stats and kill rewards, as well as add some sorts of modifiers to them, such as resistance to magic / melee / projectiles, give them invisibility or speed or explosive attacks.

And almost forgot! How about placing random mimics and chests with souls and consumables? This sounds very cool! (but i think it would be necessary to make the mimic immediately grab you, but you could check it somehow, maybe with the help of a special item, or just take a risk, it's up to you). But damn, random mimics is awesome thought cus the ones that we already have in the game sit in places where they are very easy to get cheesed with fire staff or magic, and there are very few of them in principle wich is sad cus they have nice animations and such potential to waste your run ass! And most importantly, the risk is always yours!

[WEAPONS] Some weapons are much weaker and therefore more useless than others, especially when playing with a boned mod where speed and distance are very important. But even without boned mod, staff that creates knifes is really sucks. Both in convenience and damage. It requires a lot of stamina, and the trajectory of the daggers makes them difficult to hit and the risk of this playstyle is absolutely not justified. (weapon name: inquisitor staff)
Also there's some kind of crystall dagger that has electricity damage, but at the same time it has a very slow attack, a small range and has no block. (weapon name: charged crystal blade) I have no idea who will use it. And at the same time, there is some kind of standard sword or silver sword (weapon name: crusader's straight sword) that has additional light damage (The one that is obtained in a location with LONG knights, that does fatality to you) and it has excellent damage, speed, etc.
In staves, we don’t really have a choice at all, it’s only a tomb stick (weapon name: burial shroud) that shoots a purple clot forward. Extremely effective, convenient, stuns and damages multiple enemies. Even the fire staff sucks when you compare it to this.

But in fact, weapons should be the last thing to think about, everything is quite playable. Other than the inquisitor's staff, it really sucks. Although it looks cooler than all the others but it's god damn useless :cry:

[GROUP SEX OR IDK HOW TO CALL IT] If you read my previous message, you probably noticed that I mentioned AQE game and boned mod for it (there's a screenshot) so in AQE when enemy finishes animation it just throws you down and another enemy comes to you and do its stuff, Rape™. It lasts indefinitely until you run out of HP or run away. This is not necessary at all and NoR has its own looped animations that are not designed for this approach, but maybe this idea will interest you. Also AQE have animations for 1 and 2 same type enemies at the same time wich is cool but again in NoR we have a little different story wich is no worse.

[IMMERSIVENESS AGAIN] Again, remember that AQE boned mod? So boned did a great (but annoying in terms of AQE dynamic) stuff, they made it so that only those enemies that your character sees are visible on the screen, and enemies behind you or behind obstacles become ghostly and barely distinguishable. (this can be seen in the screenshot in my previous reply).
It can make game even more unpredictable and intriguing, especially considering that NoR is a rather slow game and it will look much better here than in AQE, wich is pure slasher. (AQE without boned mod, with it, it's just rape sim, expecially if you play without spamming projectiles and waiting for mana recharge)

So thats all that came to my mind at the moment. I would also like to express a wish, since in your mod the enemies do not grab you, then let them at least knock you down more often, otherwise the game forgives too many mistakes and it looks more like slasher than a soul-like with timings and tactics.

And remember lads, its not a Rape™ if you jump on a dicks or traps by yourself, its called corruption.
I like this idea ngl.

bgtbbb

Mar 3, 2021

Thanks for all these ideas. Sadly thou, many of these ideas (random enemys/traps) fall under "level design"and I just can't find a way to implement these features from code only. I know people, myself included, have been working on decompiling the game so we can have free access to all the enemy/traps/item/levels but until then i imagine most mods will only be able to edit existing assets.

As for what I can do:
Disable save points - Mostly done, how it works is that after leaving a shrine for a certain amount of time, the candles will turn red and if you interact with it, it takes you to the level's nightmare scene.
Struggle difficulty based on animation - Slowly working on this. It just a lot of manualy triggering the animation and finding the points in the animation (ex. finding when the timestop animation starts/ends etc)
Invisible traps/enemies fov - I like this idea, im stealing it (sorry boned)
Deleveling? - I have been playing around with the idea of losing exp/levels but the levelup system is still a total mystery to me and i have no idea what im doing. Maybe a feature for later

Reactions: lmoaf27
4.50 star(s) 79 Votes