Lotharin

Sep 8, 2018
can I get some help? I have rags and I downloaded using the link on the main page, but when I try to run it Rags gives me an "Unable to read file" error, any ideas?
Make sure you're using RAGS Version:3.0.60.0

Lotharin

Sep 8, 2018
that did it thanks, guess I just grabbed the wrong version
No worries, it SAYS it can run on the other version, but I've found that's not the case. Also, I dunno if you know this already, but when you launch the game, click "Tools" at the top and click "Update Text To HTML" and that'll make all the colored text work properly. You need to do that every time you load the game.

Wolfikins

Feb 19, 2018
Has this been confirmed to work?
Tbh, I've just been biomancing them to this point, but that gets glitchy.
Confirmed by others, although there are reports that it's finicky and requires specific ordering. Myself, I haven't had a whole lot of time recently, and the damn events haven't procced in the right order so far. :cautious:

Raishiel

Mar 22, 2018
Hello all.
I'm currently having a bit of an issue trying to run the game. I keep getting an error message saying "Sorry, this RAGS game file is unreadable." I'm not sure what's causing it. The game ran fine when i last played a few months ago, and i still have the saves from then. Any advice?

Lotharin

Sep 8, 2018
Hello all.
I'm currently having a bit of an issue trying to run the game. I keep getting an error message saying "Sorry, this RAGS game file is unreadable." I'm not sure what's causing it. The game ran fine when i last played a few months ago, and i still have the saves from then. Any advice?
Make sure you're using RAGS Version:3.0.60.0

nuclear

Sep 27, 2017
I went to negotiate entry to the Lords Gate and got to the front door guard, all well and good. I saw a option to dominate his mind, so I'm like 'cool, ill leave and take this option later when I have the dominator trait'.

I click the Abort Mission button, and what do you know, it continues with the chain anyways, no negotiating required. I get to the flayer and tried aborting again. Nope, chain continues as usual.

When I get back to camp, I'm required to wait a full 2 weeks without action as if I was on a 2 week assignment, at which point my camp overthrew me due to no supplies and morale penalty. Is this a bug or what?

Shadowchild

Feb 19, 2019
I followed the windows 10 guide and all but since the last version, whenever I want to play the game I'm getting a CT_SETVARIABLE error. Can someone help me? I don't want to play it on the 2.x RAGS.

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
Really interested in this update, buuuut I'm gonna wait for the inevitable bugs to get a hotfix before I step into this minefield. I'd hate to get invested just for something crazy to come up. Has anyone encountered any new bugs yet?

Lotharin

Sep 8, 2018
Really interested in this update, buuuut I'm gonna wait for the inevitable bugs to get a hotfix before I step into this minefield. I'd hate to get invested just for something crazy to come up. Has anyone encountered any new bugs yet?
So far only a few minor bugs have been found; nothing that would really detract from the gameplay.

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
Huh... How do I use the new Dominator mechanics? Does it just randomly happen when I'm dominating people for other reasons?

Lotharin

Sep 8, 2018
Huh... How do I use the new Dominator mechanics? Does it just randomly happen when I'm dominating people for other reasons?
I'm pretty sure it's random; make sure to turn on the feedback option in preferences; that should give you more info on whether it's working or not.

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
Alright, I got it working, and that's actually pretty disappointing. I wasn't expecting the trait that allows you to forcefully bend someone to your will to have its mechanic be a random, uncontrollable occurrence that happens when doing unrelated stuff. Even if the actual outcome was hard to control, I feel it would be more fitting if we were given the option to manually attempt to reshape someone's mind, with a general direction of what sorts of changes we hope to make but a chance of things backfiring. Considering that it's a mutually exclusive alternative to hypnosis, I feel that would make it a more fitting counterpart.

Zargod

Sep 8, 2017
Alright, I got it working, and that's actually pretty disappointing. I wasn't expecting the trait that allows you to forcefully bend someone to your will to have its mechanic be a random, uncontrollable occurrence that happens when doing unrelated stuff. Even if the actual outcome was hard to control, I feel it would be more fitting if we were given the option to manually attempt to reshape someone's mind, with a general direction of what sorts of changes we hope to make but a chance of things backfiring. Considering that it's a mutually exclusive alternative to hypnosis, I feel that would make it a more fitting counterpart.
Hardly surprising really. The game's developer has long been notorious for having an overly-strong penchant for the Random Number Generator.

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
Hardly surprising really. The game's developer has long been notorious for having an overly-strong penchant for the Random Number Generator.
Eh, having things have random outcomes isn't quite the same as having an entire feature that only occurs as a random side effect of other things. Even corruption, which is meant to be notoriously unpredictable, still has a command to manually attempt to corrupt a character.

3.90 star(s) 20 Votes