Paralatae

May 15, 2019
Another question, how do I remove the minus gold modifier from gold rewards after a slaver forces the increase to their share? I know removing that character from the camp does it but it seems like enslaving that slaver doesn't return your gold rewards to normal. Also is there any way to check which one is doing it?

taetaetr

Aug 31, 2017
Could slaver's opinions change over time? Is there a mechanic for their preferrance?
I want to change one of their opinion about being a bedwarmer.
Thanks you.

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
Alright, I need to know because im losing my goddamn mind. Can biomancers "fail" on purpose? I have been trying to get a huge fucking cock for like 45 minutes now save-scumming and this supposed 75% success rate has not happened once. The biomancer in question is my veteran second in command who was a former owner, I usually recruit Ariana Fiorentini to fill the roll but I was trying to save on points in the beginning.
I don't know if it applies in this particular instance, but I know the game actually "rolls" for things before the final decision on whether they succeed, and saving after the roll can lock you into the result. I know that to save scum for missions you need to save before you send your slavers out, but I don't know how it applies to Biomancy.

I also highly suspect that there are invisible factors that can affect your results. For instance, I once tried to save scum a particular mission with a 25% critical success rate or something, but not only did I keep failing, but I kept failing within 10 points of the same number more than half the time.

Lotharin

Sep 8, 2018
Alright, I need to know because im losing my goddamn mind. Can biomancers "fail" on purpose? I have been trying to get a huge fucking cock for like 45 minutes now save-scumming and this supposed 75% success rate has not happened once. The biomancer in question is my veteran second in command who was a former owner, I usually recruit Ariana Fiorentini to fill the roll but I was trying to save on points in the beginning.
I don't know if it applies in this particular instance, but I know the game actually "rolls" for things before the final decision on whether they succeed, and saving after the roll can lock you into the result. I know that to save scum for missions you need to save before you send your slavers out, but I don't know how it applies to Biomancy.

I also highly suspect that there are invisible factors that can affect your results. For instance, I once tried to save scum a particular mission with a 25% critical success rate or something, but not only did I keep failing, but I kept failing within 10 points of the same number more than half the time.
I believe the respect check also influences the outcome when using Biomancers from your own camp; if the Biomancer doesn't particularly like you, they'll do whatever they want, instead of what you chose.

Aug 10, 2019
There also seems to be a hidden mechanic where if you keep trying the same thing with biomancy, over and over, on the same target, the success chances go to shit.

Don't ask me, it just seems that way. We'll know once it's in twine..

azeltov

Jan 21, 2017
I can't get the Shuffled Deck assignment to show up (played 3 months with a virgin Severina leader and nothing happened), that's one way to fix it I guess.

Btw how do you get past the first part of the Thornspire ? Even on critical success I don't unlock the second part.

Aug 23, 2018
I can't get the Shuffled Deck assignment to show up (played 3 months with a virgin Severina leader and nothing happened), that's one way to fix it I guess.

Btw how do you get past the first part of the Thornspire ? Even on critical success I don't unlock the second part.
I think you have to have a elementalist water on that assignment and then crit

Kalel7

May 21, 2017
Are there any plans to migrate No Haven to Unity or another platform? Considering the scope of the project, I suspect it'd be far too slow on something like Twine.

I only ask because Microsoft is dropping support for SQLSCE this year, which eventually is going to be a problem for all RAGS games.

Reactions: Le_Corrupteur

Le_Corrupteur

Oct 7, 2020
Are there any plans to migrate No Haven to Unity or another platform? Considering the scope of the project, I suspect it'd be far too slow on something like Twine.

I only ask because Microsoft is dropping support for SQLSCE this year, which eventually is going to be a problem for all RAGS games.
Yes, Bedlam is trying to migrate NH to Twine. It's a very slow process.

redeyegmaer4

Feb 4, 2018
So, as a RAGS virgin I'm wondering if there is anything obvious that I'm doing wrong since I can't seem to run No Haven v0.94 TF Edition on either 2.4.16 nor 2.6.1.0.

2.4.16 says it is an unreadable RAGS game file and 2.6.1.0 gives me a error message with the following:

System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Data.SqlServerCe, Version=3.5.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=89845dcd8080cc91' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)
File name: 'System.Data.SqlServerCe, Version=3.5.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=89845dcd8080cc91'

Any ideas or pointers are appreciated :).

!EDIT!
Nvm, found the solution.
How did you fix it

ChaoticRoots

Apr 14, 2018
Having some issues in 0.945 with the Head Slave position still counting as filled after removing someone from the position.

Need to see if I can replicate it first, but I had a look around and couldn't find any way to reach out the developer with a bug report. Anyone know the best way to contact them?

Lotharin

Sep 8, 2018
Having some issues in 0.945 with the Head Slave position still counting as filled after removing someone from the position.

Need to see if I can replicate it first, but I had a look around and couldn't find any way to reach out the developer with a bug report. Anyone know the best way to contact them?
The best way I've found, is commenting on the Patreon.

Reactions: ChaoticRoots
3.90 star(s) 20 Votes