Nymphonomicon

Jan 10, 2019
That's probably just RAGS being terrible.
You could just wait until someone converts the latest update to Regalia which runs in your browser, or convert it yourself if you're feeling adventurous.
I tried running Regalia, there were issues with menus being too small and not giving an option to scroll up to show the rest of the text.

DownTheDrain

Donor
Aug 25, 2017
I tried running Regalia, there were issues with menus being too small and not giving an option to scroll up to show the rest of the text.
Never happened to me. The only issue I had was related to cancelling assignments but the UI worked just fine.
Then again I'm using the loaded dice mod and haven't played the base game in a long time.

tak51

Dec 17, 2017
Hi, I tried the HTML version (couldn't make it work with rags 2.6.1 had a bunch of errors on launch), but I can't pick some first choice Basic skills (A&B: aggressive, agile...) and leader for example (must be a formating problem I guess). Is there an HTML version without this issue?

Reactions: Animalsfan5698

PlecoBeco

Feb 25, 2020
Thanks! That's all I needed to know!
There's also an option "Male use" in preferences. By default males have a decreased change of fucking non-sissy male slaves. If you set that to "Remove modifier" it should make them be more likely to pick male slaves if your slaves aren't 100% male.

naglover

Aug 15, 2016
That's probably just RAGS being terrible.
You could just wait until someone converts the latest update to Regalia which runs in your browser, or convert it yourself if you're feeling adventurous.
I converted the latest version to regalia, but it's fairly buggy when trying to cancel assignments and stuff like that, idk if there's a way for that to be fixed.

Reactions: inkyhorn

DownTheDrain

Donor
Aug 25, 2017
I converted the latest version to regalia, but it's fairly buggy when trying to cancel assignments and stuff like that, idk if there's a way for that to be fixed.
Yeah, cancelling assignments was my main issue as well. If you cancel one it'll make you cancel all you currently have active. Haven't found a fix to that either but I didn't exactly try very hard.
Pretty fucking annoying but so is just about everything in the RAGS version.

haddockhorde

Aug 22, 2017
Hey guys if you are getting an unreadable error, download the microsoft files from this link . Install the x86 and x64. I just did it and now the RAGS file works. :)

weerchange

Dec 11, 2018
If you have problems with the SQL CE, even after installing the latest version, try edit configuration file
Default path C:\Program Files (x86)\RagsGame\Rags Suite\Rags.exe.config
Just make a backup first.

Add to the section "runtime"
Definition that .NET always loads the latest version of the library

<assemblyBinding xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1">
<dependentAssembly>
<assemblyIdentity name="System.Data.SqlServerCe" publicKeyToken="89845dcd8080cc91" culture="neutral" />
<bindingRedirect oldVersion="0.0.0.0-3.5.1.0" newVersion="3.5.1.0" />
</dependentAssembly>
</assemblyBinding>

weerchange

Dec 11, 2018
Write someone how do you play this game?

For example, I create a character:
Difficulty — hardcore
Female. City Elf Noble.
Leader - Cunning - Beautiful - Hypnotic - Secretly Submissive - Recruiter - Blessed
Aspect - Oral Fixation
Aspect - Exhibitionist
Strong Right Arm Unique Slaver chosen: Itzpa'ux Frozenclutch (Dom)(M:Co)(Cun)(Mon)(Str+)(Lea)(Per)(Trn)
Recruiter Unique Slaver chosen: Ariana Fiorentini (M:Bi)(Exc)(Edu)(Sed)(Cun)(Dom)(Gre)(Tac)

And I'm trying to prevent my character from being overthrown or made a puppet leader.

Hypnosis allows you to slightly change slavers traits.
Apply biomagic to them.
Entice mercenaries.
To create a dream team.

But "Secretly Submissive" and "Exhibitionist" do not allow you to do it calmly.

Itzpa'ux Frozenclutch leads the most dangerous expeditions.
Ariana Fiorentini reshapes slavers and slave.
"Blessed" gives your slavers a better chance to survival.

MC sits at the base and tries to hypnotize everyone.
But missions also have to be performed, if the reputation is lowered to alluring.

kinkyshin

Jun 8, 2020
In the RAGS version you can train your slavers to be better at Marauding/Infiltration/etc, can you not do that in the Regalia version?

Also, it takes forever to get you other slavers more than 1 level, and when they do get that level up, it doesn't exactly make a huge difference because all you can do is give them an extra aspect/trait. Or am I missing something?

weerchange

Dec 11, 2018
Also, it takes forever to get you other slavers more than 1 level, and when they do get that level up, it doesn't exactly make a huge difference because all you can do is give them an extra aspect/trait. Or am I missing something?
It is not clear exactly, but in my opinion the level matters.

At the beginning of the game, the same powerful character as Itzpa'ux Frozenclutch can be taken prisoner and disappear on the quest to attack the village of people.
At the third level, this has never happened to me during the entire game.

It is also more difficult to convince an experienced character in a conversation.

Reactions: Jaxter

greeneyed

Jul 30, 2017
Pretty decent game, shame its stuck in RAGS. Jank Engine, Bethesda would be proud in more ways than one.
Someone give me a call when it's finally in twine or anything else really, the HTML conversion while nice was a buggy mess.

PlecoBeco

Feb 25, 2020
Write someone how do you play this game?
Current run:
>Self insert character, human with amongst other, secretly submissive and orc plaything
>Relatively civil, take mostly defend jobs, avoid marauding
>Use mostly human slavers. Non-human slavers get sent on risky jobs and enslaved or sold as soon as they make one (1) mistake and their reputation drops.
>Appoint all female slavers to domestic jobs such as seamstress, guard, training etc.
>Enslave primarly orcs because I 'Hate Orcs' (Read: crave orc cunny)

The intent is to eventually lead to reversal where orc women/futas are in charge. I've got to possible paths for that to happen while fitting into a decently sequiter narrative
A. Maybe there's an event implemented where dominant bedwarmers with the aspect that lets those bedwarmers practically boss you around on assignments actually take over the camp. I'm not betting on there being such an event, but that would be perfect
B. A more probable path, One of my slavers takes over, liberalizes recruitment policies, starts recruiting orcs or even uplifting orc slaves, then eventually an orc takes over at which point my old character probably already gobbled a green futa cock too many

Oh yeah, it's all coming together

3.90 star(s) 20 Votes